• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:58
CEST 23:58
KST 06:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9601 users

Acceptable Ads?

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Bigpet
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany533 Posts
November 10 2011 14:14 GMT
#1
Well I was just minding my own business surfing on TL until I was greeted by this unsightly ad:
[image loading]
(btw. that ad was hosted on cas.criteo.com)
I have a friend who was heavily affected by this "organization" and its members and I refuse to see this as just another commercial ad that is no different from any other.

Now you might respond to as you did to this thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=233529

but the fact is that I disabled (opt-out) all ad-personalization and still got this ad, meaning that this has zero to do with my settings. Do you constitute this ad as acceptable and if so where exactly do you draw the line with ads in general? Please no "we'll know it when we see it"
I'm NOT the caster with a similar nick
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
November 10 2011 16:17 GMT
#2
If you find an unacceptable ad like this, please click the "AdChoices" icon (that blue thing at the top right) and tell us what page it takes you to. We use a mix of ad networks and just looking at what site serves the ad unfortunately doesn't always result in the correct networks since some sites pass back the hit to other agencies if they can't serve an ad themselves.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 16:20:39
November 10 2011 16:20 GMT
#3
Never mind, R1CH already got it
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-15 01:20:27
November 15 2011 01:16 GMT
#4
[image loading]

I keep getting ads that look like this. Does this still count as hurting Elly? (please say no!)

Been getting it in IE and Firefox on a number of different forum pages with different ads.

Sorry, I clicked away before I could check the adchoices button, but as I said it looks like it is multiple ads.

-edit: ah ha! saw the same ad again. When I click the adchoice button this is the link I get:
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1631343&hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1631343&hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1631343&contact=abg_afc&url=http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=274088&hl=en&client=ca-pub-7048914824812959&adU=youtube.com/thecupidvideo&adT=Meet Men Here&gl=US&rd=1&rd=2&rd=3


Also screenshot was in Firefox 7.1.0
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
November 15 2011 02:27 GMT
#5
This is normal if the ad doesn't set a background color. Nothing we can do about it unfortunately.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
November 19 2011 15:09 GMT
#6
On November 15 2011 11:27 R1CH wrote:
This is normal if the ad doesn't set a background color. Nothing we can do about it unfortunately.


Just a question regarding this, do you still get revenue despite that ad being fucked up? I get occasionally similar ads, where the Ellly Elephant logo is on top of the ad. (or other way around)
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 16:52:19
November 23 2011 16:17 GMT
#7
[image loading]

(un)fortunately I used the same tab to come to this thread so I didn't check the link :<

Gave me a chuckle but I'm also sort of glad I'm the only one in the office at the moment :p

Edit:
Got it again
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1631343&hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1631343&hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1631343&contact=abg_afc&url=http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php%3Ftopic_id%3D259682&hl=en&client=ca-pub-7048914824812959&adU=www.callofroma.com&adT=ImageAd&gl=US&rd=1&rd=2&rd=3
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
sheaRZerg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States613 Posts
December 25 2011 03:04 GMT
#8
Forgive me for the bump. I was wondering what TL's stance was on adds that contain popups...you know the kind where there is a thing that comes up over the screen and either follows the mouse or just floats around until you close it.

I ask because I have noticed at least one poping up recently (this particular one is being spawned in the right side bar). Of course they do not pose a nsfw problem, in fact I have no issue at all with the add subject at all. It is an asthetic issue; I think in general they are annoying and make a site look tacky (and on some sites become downright disruptive). I was wondering if TL would take the same actions as for the nsfw ads, or if it is just too much trouble and I should just live with it.
"Dude, just don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean." -Sean Plott
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
December 25 2011 05:27 GMT
#9
^If you see it, report it to R1CH or one of the other admins. I think our stance is that ads should be as non-intrusive as possible, and ads with popups have been removed in the past.
Translator:3
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
December 25 2011 09:45 GMT
#10
We don't allow any popup or otherwise intrusive ads (audio, etc). If you're able to screenshot it that would help.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
sheaRZerg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States613 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-27 18:53:20
December 27 2011 18:52 GMT
#11
Shoot I just saw it again and didnt screen shot it. I was trying to find the button in the top corner that had been mentioned before, but that doesn't seem to apply to the sidebar ads.

Its the one that says in big letters "YOUR OPINION MATTERS," but I doubt thats all that helpful, sorry.

Edit: It apparently does on most of them, but not the one that keeps bugging me ;;
"Dude, just don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean." -Sean Plott
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
December 27 2011 20:13 GMT
#12
I haven't got any contreversial ads yet, but I do keep getting the vietnamese cupid and I'm not even from vietnaml
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech151
Nathanias 110
SpeCial 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12240
Artosis 34
Bale 10
League of Legends
Doublelift3029
JimRising 421
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox137
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4954
Khaldor1208
Liquid`Hasu797
Other Games
summit1g7466
fl0m820
shahzam503
FrodaN161
ArmadaUGS110
Mew2King91
NeuroSwarm61
JuggernautJason44
ViBE36
PPMD18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV232
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 36
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 9
• blackmanpl 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie855
• Scarra306
• Shiphtur206
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 3m
Stellar Fest
15h 3m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.