• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:29
CEST 01:29
KST 08:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10457 users

Proleague 11-12 Preseason Power Rank

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 19:28:49
November 04 2011 18:37 GMT
#1
Just for fun, preseason power rank. I've been inspired by all the NFL power ranks I've read over the last 9 weeks, and decided to do a similar thing for the 8 teams as we look to the start of the 11-12 season! SOON!

1. KT Rolster

Top 6: Flash, Stats, Mind, Action, Crazy-Hydra, Hoejja

Flash's supporting cast doesn't get enough credit. Stats is solid, and Action and Hoejja are good sometimes. Perfective came through in the playoffs, can he keep it up in 11-12 PL? Mind is a solid addition to round out the KT lineup. I'm not sure where Wooki will fit in, but he's good enough to contribute.

2. ~The Dream Team~

Top 6: Jaedong, Baby, Sea, Killer, Jaehoon, Tyson


#2 might be too high, but this team is so fuckin' good on paper. Their lineup is going to consist of a great zerg, a good zerg, 2 very good terrans, and 2 pretty good protosses. They look to be nearly unstoppable, but we'll see. SPONSOR THIS TEAM LG!

3. CJ Entus

Top 6: Effort, Hydra, Horang2, Movie, Leta, Snow

Effort is the only reason they're ranked ahead of SKT. Just like last year, CJ's lineup is killer on paper. Horang2 and Movie were the most surprising players of last season to me. They didn't deliver the goods last year, but the reinforcements have arrived.

4. SK Telecom T1

Top 6: Bisu, Fantasy, Sun, s2, Best, Soo

Bisu is unbeatable in proleague. Fantasy provides solid backup, as do s2 and Soo when they're on (or in Soo's case, when he gets matched up with a protoss) Best is a wildcard, you never know which Best you're going to get. Sun is only going to get better.

5. Samsung Khan

Top 6: Stork, Jangbi, Roro, Reality, Brave, Grape

Four protoss, on maps that are rumored to be protoss unfriendly. Oh well, that's only for the first round. If the top three guys can stay consistent, Khan can contend for a top 4 spot. One of Stork's trademark hot streaks would only help. Reality is going to be a special player. Maybe either Brave or Grape gets dropped for Byul for some matches, but I think January will roll with the four protoss lineup mainly. Brave and Grape are too good to sit on the bench. Turn is an x-factor, I'm not sure what to think of him. I'm sure he'll get playing time though.

6. Woongjin Stars

Top 6: Zero, Soulkey, Free, Guemchi, Shy

Zero and Soulkey are beasts. Addition of Shy is good, because Flying wasn't cutting it if Free can get back to form, and Guemchi can go back to being G-Chizzle (even if it's only for winners league!) Stars can contend for a top 4 spot. I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I just can't see it.

7. STX Soul

Top 6: Bogus, Calm, Shuttle, Classic, Modesty, Hyvaa


Oh my, what a mess. I didn't even know who to project for the last two spots, so I just went with the guys with the highest elo. Hero and/or Last could start in place of Modesty and/or Hyvaa. It'll be a mystery until we see STX play. I see STX staying ahead of ACE, but getting left in the dust by everyone else. Bogus is the lone bright spot on the team. Maybe he'll finally get put in a reasonable Dual Tournament group and make a deep Starleague run to give the STX fans something to cheer about!

8. Air Force Ace

Top 6: Firebathero, Iris, ggaemo, Kal, M18M, great

The spot I gave to M18M could reasonably be any of the other ACE players except for Rock (sorry Rock).. I think ACE will win a better percentage of their games than last season, but not by much. If Kal can come back at anything close to his former strength, they might even challenge STX for the 7 spot.











That's it! Feel free to tell me if I left out anything obvious. I've been so excited for the start of the season ever since the 8th team's formation was announced!

Shout out to Hiya, hope you get picked up by a team. I might even have to re-do the power rank if Woongjin picks you up
I drop suckas like Plinko
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
November 04 2011 18:51 GMT
#2
You missed (T)Light on Woongjin
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
November 04 2011 18:52 GMT
#3
I didn't forget him, I just made a bad joke.
I drop suckas like Plinko
Deleted User 183001
Profile Joined May 2011
2939 Posts
November 04 2011 18:54 GMT
#4
Gogo SKT >: )

On November 05 2011 03:52 Gann1 wrote:
I didn't forget him, I just made a bad joke.

HAHAHAHA Woongjin Terrans XD
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
November 04 2011 18:55 GMT
#5
invisible terran!
I drop suckas like Plinko
villageidiot
Profile Joined May 2009
353 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 18:58:10
November 04 2011 18:57 GMT
#6
It's not a (Z)great list!

Also ACE team for gold!
Good night sour prince. You won't be missed!
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
November 04 2011 18:58 GMT
#7
how did i forget about great


gonna add him, peace can get right out of the ace lineup
I drop suckas like Plinko
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 18:59:44
November 04 2011 18:59 GMT
#8
I think mine is more accurate than yours:
#1 KT- Obviously the best.
#2 SKT- Obviously the second best.
#3 CJ- They did very well last season and Effort is returning to their ranks.
#4 Dream team- Very solid on paper but they were just formed so they'll take time to get along living with each other and practice etc. so I think they are up for a rough start, and after they figure out how to be a team, they'll do a lot better.
#5 Woongjin- Pretty solid but I have the feeling they aren't gonna do very well this season.
#6 Khan- They have Jangbi and if Stork starts to play like he used to they'll have 2 great protosses but that's not enough to have a solid team which can win game after game.
#7 STX- I've never liked them and I think they'll suck but not as bad as ace.
#8 Ace- They have some players I like but they are last every season and I don't think they'll be any better this season.
Kamille
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Monaco1035 Posts
November 04 2011 18:59 GMT
#9
I would swap CJ with KT. In addition to the six that you mentioned, CJ has Skyhigh as well. If Effort is in form to compete at the highest level, CJ has the best team. I think Khan and Stars should be switched as well. Khan is just too Protoss dependent. Then again, I might be a bit bias, because of the addition of Shy to their line up.
Priphea
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
November 04 2011 19:05 GMT
#10
One thing I thought of that worries me about the Dream Team is that they don't have a lot of in-house practice partners. Didn't think of that until after I posted, but I'll stand by them at #2.

Roro on Khan is what made me put them ahead of Stars. Also - Reality, Grape, and Brave are good players, they're a lot better than Woongjin's 4-5-6 players. All Woongjin has is the big three unless Free learns how to play starcraft again.
I drop suckas like Plinko
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
November 04 2011 19:05 GMT
#11
On November 05 2011 03:59 pred470r wrote:
I think mine is more accurate than yours:
#1 KT- Obviously the best.
#2 SKT- Obviously the second best.
#3 CJ- They did very well last season and Effort is returning to their ranks.
#4 Dream team- Very solid on paper but they were just formed so they'll take time to get along living with each other and practice etc. so I think they are up for a rough start, and after they figure out how to be a team, they'll do a lot better.
#5 Woongjin- Pretty solid but I have the feeling they aren't gonna do very well this season.
#6 Khan- They have Jangbi and if Stork starts to play like he used to they'll have 2 great protosses but that's not enough to have a solid team which can win game after game.
#7 STX- I've never liked them and I think they'll suck but not as bad as ace.
#8 Ace- They have some players I like but they are last every season and I don't think they'll be any better this season.


I like this one better too. It's close to what I would have.
Moderator
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
November 04 2011 19:07 GMT
#12
Is this effort's first season back?
I doubt he's godtier status again.
CJ should be #6
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 19:11:38
November 04 2011 19:10 GMT
#13
I'm a khan fan and even I can't justify Khan over CJ, even without Effort.

If the rumors to be believed, Effort was beasting CJ's in-house tournaments last year, before he was allowed to play on stage again. He might not be back in top form, but you have to imagine he's damn close.
I drop suckas like Plinko
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
November 04 2011 19:10 GMT
#14
Dooods, you gotta remember that ACE were actually doing really well in last seasons PL, except WL. They gonna go for gold this season.

ACE hwaiting!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Modesty00
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria263 Posts
November 04 2011 19:10 GMT
#15
im checking almost every day any info about new seasons.. I hope vods would be up too when games start.. so when first games 20 november?
villageidiot
Profile Joined May 2009
353 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 19:13:35
November 04 2011 19:12 GMT
#16
On November 05 2011 04:07 RoieTRS wrote:
Is this effort's first season back?
I doubt he's godtier status again.
CJ should be #6


Why? They were second in last year proleague and just failed to win final... and EffOrts form won't be bigger obstacle than new team chemistry. Stars also lost Really.
Good night sour prince. You won't be missed!
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 19:19:56
November 04 2011 19:13 GMT
#17
From what I've seen/read etc. etc., CJ should be ranked higher in the list, probably 2nd or even the 1st.

Very solid as a team.

On the EffOrt bashing post above:

All I can say is: ha. ha. ha. Just wait till Proleague begins
ppp
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 19:17:56
November 04 2011 19:15 GMT
#18
CJ 1st imo. KT weren't all that good in the non-WL rounds. SKT is a tough one to call because so much of their PL success depends on Bisu.


Edit:
Also, can't wait for Dream Team vs SKT match. Coach Joo vs Coach Park.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
November 04 2011 19:19 GMT
#19
ACE at the last place ? That is not going to happen this season. I belive. And so so you.
Where is my ACE flair
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
November 04 2011 19:20 GMT
#20
#1: Woongjin Stars; Clearly its my fanboyism, but hey, this is the year!
#2: SKT, their current form is only to get better
#3: CJ, The addition of Eff0rt is going to spike their playset much higher.
#4: KT, Flash is getting back in form, but the other players have yet to really prove to me that they are ready to shine (Hoejja, you got this!)
#5: Dream Team. This team would be crazy on paper, but my main concern is team chemistry. I want to be proven wrong here
#6: Khan, only really two solid players, Jangbi and Stork. Just not enough to pull through in bo7
#7: STX, That's Bogus
#8: ACE, Its kinda by default that ACE is here, but they have preformed well last year, so who knows?
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft210
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft210
Nina 81
ViBE75
SpeCial 42
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 185
Noble 69
Hyuk 56
NaDa 35
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
League of Legends
Doublelift4636
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox307
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4862
Khaldor679
Other Games
summit1g8128
FrodaN1818
Coldzera 815
shahzam517
JimRising 385
C9.Mang0279
KnowMe201
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King50
PPMD32
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick675
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH352
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21206
Other Games
• imaqtpie794
• Shiphtur194
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 31m
Online Event
11h 31m
FEL
16h 31m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.