• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6722 users

The Motivational Thread

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 14:24:04
October 02 2011 14:23 GMT
#1
I hear you're feeling down. What was it today, too tired to hit the gym? Can't run today because you have too many errands? I'm calling bullshit, and I'm here to motivate you.

This thread will (hopefully) be responsible for all things motivational. Got a sweet quote you're about to get tattooed on your fucking eyelids? Post it here. Maybe it is that video you have been obsessing over. Post that too. Pretty much everything is within limits. That song you broke a PR too, the picture you keep in your wallet to stay focused. If it motivates you, then go ahead and share.

Let's get started shall we?
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWj0E4bSeaE

[image loading]


Oh, that wasn't enough? Good. There's more.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2qer_oQblY

[image loading]


And just because it is one of my all time favorites...
+ Show Spoiler +


Now. Tell me. How bad do you want it?


Get out there and do it. Maybe you are scared of starting. You say Catch, I can't do that! I say bullshit! Are you just another elephant? Lao Tzu once said, "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." People in the same boat have done it, just have a gander at the Success Stories Thread. Today is when you start.

Running your thing? Seems like a lot of people like UpRace.
Maybe it is weightlifting. Start a log over at Fitocracy
But you need to track your nutrition? Try FitDay
Maybe you just want to make a new habit.
Additional recommendations for websites welcome.
Victory Loves Preparation
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 02 2011 14:31 GMT
#2
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 16:03:31
October 02 2011 16:00 GMT
#3
This is easily the best ad, ever. This video is my Starwars, my Lord of the Rings, my new romance.



This is one is good too.


The two video's pretty much summarize how I seriously I take Health & Fitness; I know where I came from, and I'm sure as hell not going back.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 16:24:36
October 02 2011 16:15 GMT
#4
cant have a motivational thread without this vid:



and here are some "motivational" pictures for the guys (slightly NSFW!)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
October 03 2011 07:33 GMT
#5
Videos

General
+ Show Spoiler +









Running
+ Show Spoiler +







Weightlifting/bodybuilding
+ Show Spoiler +









Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
October 03 2011 16:33 GMT
#6

The parts with Anthony Robles and Michael Irvin are really great.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 03 2011 16:48 GMT
#7
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 03 2011 17:36 GMT
#8
A personal favourite, especially since I hold Misha in a very high regard.

"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
October 03 2011 20:12 GMT
#9


This song always used to pump me up.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
October 04 2011 00:35 GMT
#10
I've seen a ton of motivational videos, speeches etc.. but I always come back to this one:


It's just so.. complete. Simple and complete.
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
October 04 2011 00:58 GMT
#11
I like this one:

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 04 2011 02:59 GMT
#12
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
October 04 2011 18:04 GMT
#13
[image loading]

Here is some motivation...SQUAT BECAUSE SOMEWHERE SOMEONE WILL OHP IT.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 19:02:06
October 04 2011 18:37 GMT
#14
This needs to be on the first page



here's another one of my favorites since that vid has kind of been posted already.

RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 19:22:54
October 04 2011 19:22 GMT
#15
On October 05 2011 03:04 inimenesc wrote:
Here is some motivation...SQUAT BECAUSE SOMEWHERE SOMEONE WILL OHP IT.
LOL!!! I'm happy that I motivated you.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
October 05 2011 23:46 GMT
#16
If that "How Bad Do You Want It?" video doesn't motivate you, working out is not your thing.

FuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGEEEEEEEEEEE every time I see it. Smashing weights like a chubbychaser.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
October 06 2011 14:25 GMT
#17


Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
October 08 2011 05:58 GMT
#18
So I've had a bit to drink and I'm not sure this is 1-00% motivational but it's a story a buddy of mine told me while I was at the bars with him and I feel it would inspire some of you fuckers. The only background story you guys need to know is I wrestled in highschool. I played football at whatever weight and cut weight so I could wrestly at the 152lb weight class. This summer I was chillin at the bar with a friend I knew from highschool. We never talked much outside for school, guy was decent shit, but no one I never felt the need or feeling to go out of my way to hang out with. Anyway, we were at the bar one night and he comes up to me and pats me on the back and says. "Vince. You're the fucking man, man. I remember wrestling man. You fucking handed me my ass every day man. You made me your bitch... You're the fucking reason I ever started lifting. You're the reason I'm in the weight room now."

So yeah man. get your ass in the weight room. heroes are made from people who are willing to give their all to something. Fuck where you came from. Fuck what you were given. Make your fucking future what you want it and you will inspire people. You may never be lucky enough to have someone come up to you and tell you that you are their idol, but just knowing that you have put the effort in to transform yourself in to someone worth admiring should be worth it to you. If you are putting the effort in and you are seeing results and you are a prominent figure in your community in any decent way, trust me, you are inspiring someone. Whether they come up and tell you that or not, you are an inspiration to someone. Heroes are made from everyday people. Become a hero. Become and inspiration. Lift heavy shit. Be fucking proud of yourself. The more proud of yourself you are and the better you carry yourself in public, the more people you will inspire.

Be a hero. Be an inspiration. Don't be a bitch. Kill that lift and tell everyone you see that they can kill all of their lifts as well.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Remfire
Profile Joined October 2010
492 Posts
October 08 2011 06:44 GMT
#19
Okay... i am loving this thread right now, just bookmarked for later i plan on watching that first video so much!
stork4ever
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1036 Posts
October 09 2011 14:26 GMT
#20
"be grateful for the fact you have food, stop whining and just eat it"

LOL
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings182
CranKy Ducklings SOOP51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5096
Jaedong 3249
Leta 2105
EffOrt 832
Soulkey 731
Horang2 451
Soma 438
BeSt 347
Mini 338
Rush 279
[ Show more ]
Stork 240
Light 206
Killer 176
Zeus 139
Pusan 135
Snow 129
Barracks 126
Larva 120
ggaemo 114
firebathero 107
Sea.KH 62
hero 55
JYJ 53
Mong 53
ToSsGirL 41
Sharp 34
Bale 34
sorry 23
Shinee 23
Aegong 20
Sexy 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Shine 9
Icarus 8
JulyZerg 8
Rock 4
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7443
Dendi666
qojqva485
XaKoH 446
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_85
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3932
Other Games
gofns45365
singsing1641
olofmeister1307
B2W.Neo726
byalli551
Lowko296
Livibee203
DeMusliM162
mouzStarbuck106
OGKoka 99
ArmadaUGS83
Liquid`VortiX61
Chillindude5
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV550
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream225
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• HerbMon 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV345
League of Legends
• Jankos1961
• Nemesis929
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 51m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.