• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:08
CEST 17:08
KST 00:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7764 users

[M] (2) Grounds of Worship

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 22:39:10
February 15 2011 04:48 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Grounds of Worship 2.0


Grounds of Worship is a 1v1 Melee Map. Has some similarities to xel'naga.

Search "Grounds of Worship" on US to play!

1v1 Melee
Playable Size: 144x136

Here are some pictures.

Overview:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Angled Overview:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Main, natural:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


3rd:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Gold:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


3 gas expansion:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Middle:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Creep Spread:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Now onto some SC2Analyzer for you all.


Summary:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Rush Distances:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


Worried about Tanks?

Siege Mode behind rocks @ the gold.
+ Show Spoiler +
Can't hit your natural from behind the gold rocks.
[image loading]


Seige Mode at the gold.
+ Show Spoiler +
Just BARELY out of reach.
[image loading]


Siege Mode by the 3gas expansion.
+ Show Spoiler +
Doesn't shoot very far up into your main expansion.
[image loading]


Feedback:
Like to thank everybody for all the current feedback and giving me plenty of great ideas. I have spent the most time on this map compared to all my other maps and I think it shows as this map is much better then any of my other previous work. I will update/bump this thread again when I get some replays on it. (hopefully some high level pros!)

Thanks & Enjoy!
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
February 15 2011 10:24 GMT
#2
I would like to see some natural cliffs mixed in (f.e. at the low ground 3rds). The rocks at the HY might also not be needed (the HY is already out of position and hard enough to take and hold). Overall the map looks fine
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
February 15 2011 11:25 GMT
#3
Mains a a bit small, could you enlarge them a bit?
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
February 15 2011 11:32 GMT
#4
i have a massive fear about seig tanks raping
Live Fast Die Young :D
Doz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States145 Posts
February 15 2011 16:08 GMT
#5
This is very Xel'Naga Caverns-esque. The gold is harder to hold, the third is easier, but the middle allows more direct paths to the enemy. This could be good or bad, as siege tanks would have an easier time controlling the middle than they would on XNC, but might work better for Zergs due to more flanking paths.

I'll agree that the mains are too small. A good rule of thumb is at least a 25CC main because Terrans need so many structures. I'll agree with Dezi about the rocks at the high yield as well, that's a tough enough place to hold as reinforcing with ground units will take some time. Might need some additional doodad work as well (think flowers throughout the valley, maybe some fog or light beams, etc.)

Overall, it's pretty decent. I think games will trend towards 2 or 3 base play, as the gold and 4th aren't as easy to defend here as they are in XNC due to the reconfigured middle ground. Those bases will just stretch forces pretty thin with no quick or easy way to get back to a main that's getting raped. Keep working at it
Check out my map thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=192306
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-15 20:49:51
February 15 2011 20:09 GMT
#6
Thanks for all the feedback so far, I've gone and changed up some things and will include the pictures below. Let me know what you think of these pictures so far compared to the older one, such as if I'm going in the right or wrong direction.

The toughest part I feel so far is still the middle and where to place the xel'nagas to make them useful.

Also I feel the 3 gas expo still might be too hard to hold. I added a ramp to an upper level which allows easier access to the enemy, but now I'm thinking that might be overkill and maybe would be better to have something else there.

(ps, don't mind the texturing/doodads in this overview, I had to delete/mirror a bunch of them)

What I did change or what I'm trying to change:
Made the mains bigger.
Completely reworked the middle.
Changed Xel'naga placement.
Made gold easier to get to.
Made 3gas expo closer to main.

Idea #1:

Overview:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Sc2 Analyzer Summary:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Idea #2: Not sure where to include the xel'nagas in this setup...)

Overview:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Sc2 Analyzer Summary:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Idea #3: Same concept as idea 2, just a different middle and with xel'nagas included...maybe they are okay?

Overview:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Sc2 Analyzer Summary:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Idea #4: Sorry, just a picture here.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



I apologize for the million pictures, but I'm just throwing out random ideas to see how people prefer it and to get the maximum amount of feedback.

Thanks again!
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
Doz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States145 Posts
February 15 2011 21:18 GMT
#7
I don't think idea #1 would work because the XWT's are too offensive in their location. Siege tanks on those towers would dominate the bases below.

My opinion from idea 2:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

The pink area would be removed (make it the same height as the lower ground). Yellow dots are XWT's, and the black lines around them would be los blockers. The red areas are where I would suggest turning the ramps the other direction. Given the proposed location of the XWT's, having those ramps facing outward I think would make it easier to use the low ground route should tanks be holding the tower, if there's enough room ofc. Those types of changes would allow them to be used defensively by each player holding their gold, but still open to flanking from the other side of the mid.


Just a possibility imo.

Going back to the original, as for the making the mains larger, 28cc's is better. You could also replace the bridges by the golds with a short land bridge potentially and keep most of your original design.

Posting here is a means for getting some feedback and ideas, but remember in the end it's your map and you don't have to let everyone else' opinion hijack it from you. I only say this because Idea's 1-4 look like almost total reworks. Keep experimenting with your own ideas as well, as that's the only way we as a community can make progress in mapping. Yeah, this map might not be perfect or used that much, and maybe the next one won't be either, but we need to experiment with maps so we can experiment with play and advance the thoughts behind the game.
Check out my map thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=192306
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 15 2011 21:22 GMT
#8
Damn, I really liked the middle from before. And Doz has an excellent point - its your map.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
February 15 2011 22:12 GMT
#9
Option #1 is better than the others, except you need to adjust the towers. I prefer the original layout though. =D Mostly because the routes are interesting with the middle like that. I would make two watchtowers on the center lowground, one in each alcove next to the gold ramp. It would help you defend your choice of gold, and get people further out on the map, since you can both have one tower, ostensibly.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-15 23:07:39
February 15 2011 23:05 GMT
#10
Appreciate the advice guys. With that said I went back to my original layout, at least for this map. Basically I changed up where the 3gas expansion is and added more lower grounds. The 3rd now doesn't have rocks at the backdoor so it's easier to take, the gold is also closer to your natural and can be much closer if you take out the rocks. Otherwise I removed the rocks on the gold. Also added some more rain, fog, flowers, trees, rocks and much much more!

Kind of took Doz's idea with the LoS blockers & the xel'nagas, just put them in a different place.

Angled Overview:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Middle: To show off the LoS blockers/XNT
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Summary:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Rush Distances:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


Thanks again all, updated version is on US.

Search "Grounds of Worship" to play.

Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
Doz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States145 Posts
February 16 2011 00:39 GMT
#11
I've gotta say I really like the changes. Really like.

The gold expo's and the land bridges going to them really give players a choice, which helps tremendously with balance, interest, and fun game play. I also like the removal of the rocks going to the third. As a zerg they should be able to take it pretty easily, whereas terran and protoss might opt for the gold as it allows them to expand towards their enemy. I think this map now has the potential for some nice macro games.

Only suggestion from here is perhaps a little more doodad/texture work, depending on how detailed you want to go, and get some testing in on it.
Check out my map thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=192306
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
February 17 2011 05:55 GMT
#12
Second doz.

The middle is pretty, but I think it'd play better if it were just open.

I really like how the 3gas expo is more vulnerable now, but still viable. First time I've seen a choked up path behind the minerals work well, because of the role of that expo on the map.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
February 17 2011 22:37 GMT
#13
Version 2.0 is out. Original post has been updated so please feel free to check it out and let me know what you think. As I have said in the post I'd like to thank everybody for all the current feedback and giving me plenty of great ideas. I have spent the most time on this map compared to all my other maps and I think it shows as this map is much better then any of my other previous work. I will update/bump this thread again when I get some replays on it. (hopefully some high level pros!)

Let me know if you guys find any problems with it.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
February 18 2011 02:36 GMT
#14
So I played a couple games against the computer just to get a feel for moving on the map. I discovered that the middle is just fine with the clump of pillars. :D There's so much space elsewhere that it's okay. Either way is fine I think. I'm liking this map, hopefully I can give you some replays eventually.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
February 18 2011 03:09 GMT
#15
Yeah, I played a couple games myself and then just thought that if you went the middle path, yes you were low ground so that was a disadvantage, but also with the pillars in the middle it'd only take 2 forcefields to completely block off each route, which I felt was just not enough. So I took out the stuff in the middle but ended up adding those statues/fires at the edge of the middle to keep it still a little more narrow, but not as much as it was before.

If you do get any replays on it, feel free to post them, that would be great. I'm hoping I can get a hold of some of my master friends that will spare some time to play a couple games on it so I can upload those replays.

Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
February 18 2011 03:25 GMT
#16
the middle is sick. the only thing i would recommend is have a little more leeway for bigger units at the 3 gas. the big tree doodad thingy should be replaced with high ground... and i suggest making the minerals pointing sideways instead of just left and right. the 3 o clock faces norht west and the 9 oclock faces south east. this gives the 3 gas base a bit more room to maneuver and not cramped in.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 03:50:31
February 18 2011 03:48 GMT
#17
@FlashFTW
I assume you mean something more like this?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If so, I'll definitely have to play around with it like that to see how I like that compared to how I currently have it. To be honest I didn't even really think too much about the tight chokes behind the 3 gas expansion and trying to maneuver ultralisks/thors around them, would definately be a pain.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
February 18 2011 04:17 GMT
#18
Adjusting the 3gas layout is fine, but personally I like the way it is now. You have plenty of other good routes, they don't all have to be a-move friendly with large armies / large units. By orienting the minerals like that, it makes the 3gas base very vulnerable, which I think is important. It also means a frontal assault should come from the middle-facing side, which makes sense to me. It also helps protect the lowground base for the other player. But if you made it more standard it'd play fine too, just less interesting.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
Rex 125
Codebar 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2754
Shuttle 1437
EffOrt 926
BeSt 705
Light 426
Mini 403
ggaemo 341
Stork 276
ZerO 253
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Rush 167
Barracks 135
Sea.KH 82
Zeus 65
Killer 63
Shine 55
Dewaltoss 55
Hyun 39
Mong 33
Shinee 31
Yoon 31
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
Sexy 27
sorry 22
Bale 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
yabsab 9
zelot 6
Dota 2
qojqva3834
Dendi1786
BananaSlamJamma392
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes589
Other Games
singsing2229
hiko1208
Liquid`RaSZi1151
B2W.Neo870
Lowko357
Liquid`VortiX224
Sick167
ArmadaUGS124
Trikslyr23
ZerO(Twitch)12
Mew2King10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream558
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile116
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2202
• Nemesis1911
• TFBlade657
Other Games
• WagamamaTV288
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.