• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:34
CEST 13:34
KST 20:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8749 users

[Int] Bacchus OSL Grand Finals Winner

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
101 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Selith
Profile Joined September 2010
United States238 Posts
January 29 2011 20:39 GMT
#1
As expected from a finals interview, it is longer than the usual interviews.

Source: http://www.fomos.co.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=114633&db=interview
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FanTaSy: It's like I'm in a dream.

[image loading]

- This is your first ever Starleague win. Comments on that?
▲ I've never expected to win 3-0 like this. So, the Starleague win still feels unreal... it is almost like I'm still in a dream.

- Most have assumed (P)Stork to win. Did that bother you when you practiced?
▲ Actually, if the opponent gets all the attention, it makes me feel relaxed instead. Also, I think it helps me more with practice, because I think with a situation like that, I should be working harder.

- Who practiced with you, and how did you prepare?
▲ (P)Stork-hyung's momentum was certainly amazing, but he did not play that many games versus Terrans recently. I didn't fully analyze his recent playstyles, but I believed he will just play as he always have, and prepared accordingly. In addition to practicing with my teammates, I've also played few rounds with MBCGame's (P)Jaehoon.

- Foreigners also have a lot of interest in how this OSL Finals would turn out.
▲ I believe that in USA or in Japan, StarCraft is not as popular as the other games. However, I don't think there are any games out there that are made as well as StarCraft. It'd be great if more foreigners come to love StarCraft (laugh).

- What kind of help did your coaching team give you?
▲ They helped a lot around the builds. In case of (T)iloveoov coach, he helped me more with the external factors such as mentality for the finals rather than the internal factors though. To be honest, I was worried because I didn't have a clear solution until I arrived at the finals. Then, (T)iloveoov coach told me not to think about too many things at once, but instead, think only about a single build made around one of the opponent's possible build. Thanks to that, I believe I was able to win.

- You have finally escaped from the 'Kkongline'.
▲ I've always wanted to leave, but I didn't worry about it too much. I don't think I've officially left yet though. By winning two or three times more, I should be able to completely quit the Kkongline (laugh).

- You will now be continuing the line of the legendary Terrans of SKTelecom.
▲ Both (T)SlayerSBoxeR-hyung and (T)iloveoov coach have always been wishing for me to win. (T)SlayerSBoxeR-hyung have been sending me encouraging texts, and I felt sorry for being unable to live up to that all along. While it is great that I ended up winning today, I will not let the ego get the best of me and I will continue to practice hard as if I've not yet won in Starleague. If I do that, I think I might be able to put an end to the "Era of Flash", and start the "Era of FanTaSy".

- Did you have any specific thoughts about winning in Starleague normally?
▲ I really wanted that Starleague winner's badge. With that badge, you would feel pretty proud just by looking at it. Now that I've finally achieved my wish, I think that I should be playing even better from now on. Although, to tell you the truth, I wasn't sure what to do after winning, because this is the first time I've ever won in a Starleague (laugh). Now that I got that one victory under my belt, I am confident I will do better now.

- The initial reason for your nickname, "Terrorist", wasn't actually a flattering one. Do you want to have any other nicknames?
▲ I like my nickname as it is now. Other nicknames are kind of blah. I want to be remembered as "Terrorist" forever.

- Now that you have won, do you think you can challenge (T)Flash or (Z)Jaedong head-on?
▲ I've been thinking, that if I win this Starleague, I would take on (T)Flash or (Z)Jaedong next season. Of course, things might not go that way, but if given the chance, I want to face them in a match.

- What kind of dream did you have yesterday, and how was your condition?
▲ Whenever I have a match out of Seoul, games always go well as long as the previous day's games have gone well. Yesterday's matches have gone well, and I've slept so well that I didn't even get to dream. My condition? It was at the best as it can be.

- Even after winning 2 games in a row, you looked a little worried after the 2nd match.
▲ I was worried because I have been defeated before even when I had a 2-0 lead. The coaching team told me not to think about winning at all before starting the match, but I couldn't stop myself from thinking about winning. So, I tried to mind control myself to get rid of thoughts of winning, and fortunately, I was able to set my mind straight right before the start of match 3.

- There's a match vs. Khan tomorrow. Will you show up for it?
▲ I believe I will. I'm at my best condition right now. After having won a Starleague, I feel like I could do anything, and the game itself should be even more fun to play than before.

- What's on your mind right now?
▲ I'm really hungry now. Would love to eat my favorite, pork rice soup (laugh).

- What will you do with the grand prize money?
▲ Since I receive spending money periodically, I plan to give all the grand prize money to my parents. First, I will have to treat my teammates to an awesome restaurant... and I'm going to ask my parents to let me buy something I want (laugh).

- Any last comments?
▲ A lot of people -- the teammates, the coaching team, etc. -- have worked tirelessly for me, and I want to say how thankful I am for them. Also, there weren't a Starleague winner for quite some time in the team, and I feel ecstatic to have won for the team. I also want to say thanks to all my fans who have come all the way to Gwang-ju. I might have won today, but I will continue to practice hard like the days when I just started out playing StarCraft. I will show even better matches in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the SKT1 coach Park's commentary.
Source: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=114631&db=interview

He said "After the appearance of LeeSsang, we haven't had a winner since then. It's great to see Fantasy to be the first one to break through the wall. We've put in an untold amount of effort in an attempt to produce a Starleague winner this season, and Fantasy is the first result of the effort."

When asked that if coach Park is feeling proud considering a lot of people have been betting on Stork to win, he answered, "I believed in Fantasy to win, no matter what other people have been saying. Recently, Protoss playstyles have been stagnating, and I knew Stork too, have not yet escaped the stagnation. The preparation was perfect. It was inevitable that Fantasy would win."

Continuing, he said, "Fantasy has that something special within him. I think that played a big part in how he won. I would like to ask everyone to find out what that is."

While Fantasy has achieved a win in Starleague, he hasn't been doing very well in the Proleague. To that end, coach Park answered, "There's a match versus Khan and Hite coming up right before the New Year's Day. We'll enjoy the feeling of victory during the New Year's Day, but for now, I will instruct Fantasy to focus on the Proleague."

(Ed. Note: In South Korea, there's two ways to count dates. One with Gregorian system and one with Chinese calendar system. In the Chinese calendar system, Feb. 3rd in 2011 is the new year's day according to their system.)

Lastly, he congratulated Fantasy by saying, "Congratulations on winning in the Starleague. Let's work harder so that when people say Terran, they will think Fantasy, not Flash."
Facebook Twitter Reddit
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
January 29 2011 20:43 GMT
#2
I loved how the first thing he did was run out of his booth towards the trophy. That's a man that knows what he wants!
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
January 29 2011 20:44 GMT
#3
he hasn't escaped the kongline :3
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
January 29 2011 20:44 GMT
#4
Thanks for the effort and i appreciate the interview!

Go fantasy!
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
oo_xerox
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States852 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 20:50:46
January 29 2011 20:45 GMT
#5
On January 30 2011 05:39 Selith wrote:
- Foreigners also have a lot of interest in how this OSL Finals would turn out.
▲ I believe that in USA or in Japan, StarCraft is not as popular as the other games. However, I don't think there are any games out there that are made as well as StarCraft. It'd be great if more foreigners come to love StarCraft (laugh).



Fantasy you should just come visit teamliquid to find out..... im certain there were over 30 different countrys watching you today....

im sure he doesnt even know what cuba is lol
I could get a more coherent article by gluing a Sharpie to a dog's cook and letting it hump the page.
R2D2C3PO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada105 Posts
January 29 2011 20:47 GMT
#6
Very curious, what is pork rice soup?
Dansickle
Profile Joined November 2009
177 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 20:48:16
January 29 2011 20:47 GMT
#7
Thanks a lot for the interview!

Congratulations, Jung Myung Hoon. But he's right, he has a long way to go before he can escape from the KKONG.
oo_xerox
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States852 Posts
January 29 2011 20:48 GMT
#8
On January 30 2011 05:39 Selith wrote:

While it is great that I ended up winning today, I will not let the ego get the best of me and I will continue to practice hard as if I've not yet won in Starleague. If I do that, I think I might be able to put an end to the "Era of Flash", and start the "Era of FanTaSy".



Now hes just trying to piss me off........

User was temp banned for this post.
I could get a more coherent article by gluing a Sharpie to a dog's cook and letting it hump the page.
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
January 29 2011 20:49 GMT
#9
On January 30 2011 05:45 oo_xerox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 05:39 Selith wrote:
- Foreigners also have a lot of interest in how this OSL Finals would turn out.
▲ I believe that in USA or in Japan, StarCraft is not as popular as the other games. However, I don't think there are any games out there that are made as well as StarCraft. It'd be great if more foreigners come to love StarCraft (laugh).



Fantasy you stupid asshole come visit teamliquid to find out jesus fucking christ..... im certain there were over 30 different countrys watching you today....

im sure he doesnt even know what cuba is.

Way to stay composed, bro.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
oo_xerox
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States852 Posts
January 29 2011 20:51 GMT
#10
my bad fixed
I could get a more coherent article by gluing a Sharpie to a dog's cook and letting it hump the page.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 29 2011 20:51 GMT
#11
Thanks for the translation! :D

I like the fact that they mentioned the foreign interest for this. Fantasy needs to be informed about how big it actually is though.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 20:53:39
January 29 2011 20:52 GMT
#12
On January 30 2011 05:48 oo_xerox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 05:39 Selith wrote:

While it is great that I ended up winning today, I will not let the ego get the best of me and I will continue to practice hard as if I've not yet won in Starleague. If I do that, I think I might be able to put an end to the "Era of Flash", and start the "Era of FanTaSy".



Now hes just trying to piss me off........

On January 30 2011 05:45 oo_xerox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 05:39 Selith wrote:
- Foreigners also have a lot of interest in how this OSL Finals would turn out.
▲ I believe that in USA or in Japan, StarCraft is not as popular as the other games. However, I don't think there are any games out there that are made as well as StarCraft. It'd be great if more foreigners come to love StarCraft (laugh).



Fantasy you should just come visit teamliquid to find out..... im certain there were over 30 different countrys watching you today....

im sure he doesnt even know what cuba is lol



Nice flame bro.

Grats Fantasy!
Fan of the Jangbanger
Anomarad
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada565 Posts
January 29 2011 20:53 GMT
#13
- Foreigners also have a lot of interest in how this OSL Finals would turn out.
▲ I believe that in USA or in Japan, StarCraft is not as popular as the other games. However, I don't think there are any games out there that are made as well as StarCraft. It'd be great if more foreigners come to love StarCraft (laugh).


We're here!

OSL/MSL should give us an english stream. They recognized that we're here by asking the question...

Grats to Fantasy he played beautifully last night!

knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
January 29 2011 20:56 GMT
#14
Love this guy.
SkiZou
Profile Joined April 2010
107 Posts
January 29 2011 20:56 GMT
#15
I plan to give all the grand prize money to my parents.


I honestly didn't see this one coming! I swear!

Congrats for Fantasy though. Great to see a new champion even though I wanted Stork to win.
Stats <3
PoP
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
France15446 Posts
January 29 2011 20:58 GMT
#16
Nice interview, thanks! Interesting question about the foreigners indeed. Hopefully that suggests steps might be taken towards more interaction with the foreign BW community in the future (and not only chinese).

(Unspoilered the interview btw, not useful here.)

Wasn't there any coach interview btw?
Administrator
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
January 29 2011 20:58 GMT
#17
I read a bit about Jaehoon- good enough.
Congrats Fantasy- but I'd prefer 7 points in my LB right now...
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
January 29 2011 20:58 GMT
#18
Congrats to Fantasy, he surely deserves them.
Thanks for the translation!
SkyLegenD
Profile Joined February 2010
United States304 Posts
January 29 2011 21:00 GMT
#19
I hate Stork's girlfriend forever

she needs to practice her breakup timing
"Victory belongs to the most persevering." - Napoleon Bonaparte
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
January 29 2011 21:00 GMT
#20
Love this guy, but damn, he looks more nerdy than ever in this picture...infact he looks like the nerdiest nerd in the whole Korea. GOGOGO MY FAV NERD! <3
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko357
SpeCial 109
ProTech108
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16180
firebathero 1888
Bisu 1148
Hyuk 717
Horang2 573
BeSt 287
Larva 227
Mini 212
Light 169
EffOrt 168
[ Show more ]
Soma 137
Leta 95
ZerO 84
Barracks 81
Mong 81
Rush 70
Killer 54
Pusan 50
Snow 48
ToSsGirL 41
Sea.KH 38
Sharp 35
Shinee 34
Mind 33
NaDa 30
Aegong 28
zelot 27
Yoon 25
Sexy 25
Bale 21
sorry 20
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
XaKoH 383
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss912
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1111
Khaldor1055
Other Games
gofns34240
singsing2059
olofmeister1310
B2W.Neo280
Livibee106
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS53
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream221
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH145
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 26m
OSC
10h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 26m
Online Event
23h 26m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.