• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:53
CEST 14:53
KST 21:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8890 users

Funny SC2 graphic bugouts

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
nceuphoria
Profile Joined April 2010
United States31 Posts
January 11 2011 16:58 GMT
#1
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be in the tech support section or not, since it's not really a problem that needs help with.

I opened a replay to watch one of my losses to see what I did wrong after a game, and sadly enough I was scared to pieces for second because I didn't see it coming. I guess the picture is a bit self explanatory.

Anyone else have funny moments like these?

[image loading]
I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing. Socrates
DwmC_Foefen
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Belgium2186 Posts
January 11 2011 17:00 GMT
#2
What the shit? Did that really show? :p I call photoshop hehe
Marradron
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands1586 Posts
January 11 2011 17:02 GMT
#3
Its just a messed up texture. I've had it on TL with some temple texture. Basicly it happens now and then. Nothing to worry about. This one is verry funny though
Terrorcore
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada132 Posts
January 11 2011 17:02 GMT
#4
On January 12 2011 02:00 DwmC_Foefen wrote:
What the shit? Did that really show? :p I call photoshop hehe


I actually had something similar happen to me once so I can confirm it is very true. It's been a while though and I thought that was during the beta only and that they fixed it... I guess not.

I had Tychus' face plastered all over the map from what I remember.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
January 11 2011 17:04 GMT
#5
I've had similar things happened to me but not as funny texture.
Jermstuddog
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2231 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-11 17:05:21
January 11 2011 17:04 GMT
#6
I used to be able to make tie-dye extractors by clicking on one exactly as it finishes (all future extractors would also be tie-dye for the rest of the game), don't think I have an screen captures of it though
As it turns out, marines don't actually cost any money -Jinro
FrogOfWar
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1406 Posts
January 11 2011 17:17 GMT
#7
I do have graphics bugouts every once in a while. The one in the OP is quite funny, but it is very annoying when everything suddenly starts flashing and things take on weird colors or the whole screen even turns black and only minerals or some other random element remains visible. When that happens ingame, I have to alt-tab out and back in again to fix it which obviously gives me a good chance of losing the game when it happens at a bad time. Graphics drivers are up to date and I have no idea what causes this. Probably not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but at the moment it happens quite a pain in the ass.
idonthinksobro
Profile Joined December 2010
3138 Posts
January 11 2011 17:18 GMT
#8
From time to time i get black and white creep (looks like a creep cow)
shawty
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom294 Posts
January 11 2011 17:19 GMT
#9
That kind of thing happens to me all the time, really annoying!
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
January 11 2011 17:21 GMT
#10
I would give your computer a little break whenever those texture bugs start happening. It's usually a sign of the graphics card starting to heat up, since SC2 is not very kind on many graphics cards.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Millitron
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2611 Posts
January 11 2011 17:27 GMT
#11
It happened to me on Jungle Basin. All the raised ground in the center had crazy Xel'Naga textures for no reason.
Who called in the fleet?
FreekSharkHD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States26 Posts
January 11 2011 17:29 GMT
#12
Happens to me as well.
If you aren't attacking, your probably losing. -coLqxc
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
January 11 2011 17:29 GMT
#13
[image loading]

I had this on all Refinerys in the game. ^^
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Geovu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Estonia1344 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-11 17:30:04
January 11 2011 17:29 GMT
#14
Happens to me sometimes too. Never got a funny face tho

[image loading]

In particular when I played campaign on brutal on a lot of the missions the map would look like that, so I assumed it was just a cool thing you got for playing on such a baller difficulty. I actually love it when it happens because it looks so cool.

edit: sometimes gateways and refineries and stuff like that are colored brightly like in the pick above to w/e the player color is too.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
January 11 2011 17:30 GMT
#15
This also happens to me sometimes, and it is really annoying because since you aren't used to the texture it distracts you alot.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
January 11 2011 17:31 GMT
#16
Haha look what i just found:

"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
LesPhoques
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada782 Posts
January 11 2011 17:34 GMT
#17
"Glowing overlord .. ooooh, glowing overlord is glowing!!"

Haha nice find
Hyren
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States817 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-11 17:47:01
January 11 2011 17:42 GMT
#18
These highly classified screenshots were taken from a certain terran player's stream.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]


edit: uh...is there a way for me to re-size the image directly on teamliquid?
Power-tripping mod for Trump's stream
blindsniper
Profile Joined July 2010
United States143 Posts
January 11 2011 17:42 GMT
#19
OOOOH! Double glowing ovie! What does it mean?! It's so intense...
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
January 11 2011 17:43 GMT
#20
On January 12 2011 02:31 graNite wrote:
Haha look what i just found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpZGLBzenW8


O_o

Shiny overlord. Only 1/8192 chance of you finding one.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko478
ProTech153
Rex 48
SteadfastSC 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51799
Bisu 1945
Horang2 1193
Hyuk 530
BeSt 432
Soma 394
Mini 365
Light 304
EffOrt 303
Larva 240
[ Show more ]
Rush 147
ZerO 135
Mong 112
Leta 82
Barracks 81
Sea.KH 64
Snow 57
Pusan 54
ToSsGirL 49
Shinee 39
Mind 39
Aegong 31
JYJ 24
Bale 22
Sexy 22
Yoon 21
sorry 21
Noble 12
Terrorterran 12
Icarus 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc3980
XaKoH 357
Counter-Strike
Fnx 533
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1409
Khaldor1139
Other Games
gofns38074
singsing2249
olofmeister1329
B2W.Neo459
hiko288
Livibee188
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS48
Liquid`VortiX27
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream205
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 58
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
StarCraft 2
ComeBackTV 3
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH192
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7m
OSC
9h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 7m
Online Event
22h 7m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.