• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8756 users

Central Ohio SC2 interest?

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
September 17 2010 03:11 GMT
#1
Hey guys. I'm kind of new around here but I've played SC1 since the day it was released and BW since the day it was released. I was never a competitive player but loved the pro scene.

I've dedicated more time to SC2 becoming a competitive player (~1100 diamond right now) and was just wondering if there was any interest in central Ohio (Columbus area, specifically I'm in Dublin) to just get together, talk about Starcraft2, watch LiveStreams and Replays (my gaming computer is hooked up to a 42" TV making replay watching/analysis easy for a group) and generally just bullshit about SC2. I was thinking about making a meetup.com about it but I wanted to see if there was any interest on TL. Let me know either via PM or this thread. Thanks for reading Ohioans


Also I'm Terran so if you ever wanted to see the face behind the imba
Wat
Sodaplay111
Profile Joined December 2010
United States41 Posts
January 28 2011 15:35 GMT
#2
im Daytonish
and im interested im trying to fing a ohioish area comunity haha
The Question is not "Who let the cat out of the bag?" The real question is "Who put the cat IN the bag!?"
CrimsonWall
Profile Joined September 2010
United States27 Posts
February 01 2011 22:48 GMT
#3
I'm near Cleveland. I'd drive to central to participate.

If this snow lets up, I'd drive further
staples2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States216 Posts
February 02 2011 02:08 GMT
#4
I am in Dayton and would go over to columbus to have a couple beers and play some SC2
Air Force Mission: Kill people and break their shit
B12ad
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States138 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 02:18:30
February 02 2011 02:18 GMT
#5
I live in Toledo, Ohio, but I'm lazy. so I'm not moving unless there's a LAN event of some kind, of multiple people or a gathering.
qapuk
Profile Joined January 2011
United States71 Posts
February 02 2011 02:21 GMT
#6
CINCINNATI!!!
CrimsonWall
Profile Joined September 2010
United States27 Posts
February 03 2011 23:01 GMT
#7
For sure! Lets meet once a week, month, etc.
We can LAN, watch GSL, have a tournament.

Beer ... YES!
SpaceJam
Profile Joined August 2010
United States116 Posts
February 03 2011 23:17 GMT
#8
I might be at OSU nexyt year and really wanna find a scene. I'd be participating in everything haha
spirit desire~
Bonkerz
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States831 Posts
February 03 2011 23:23 GMT
#9
<<Columbus Here lets go lets go lets go!!!!!!!!!!
High masters terran streaming in 720p 60 FPS with commentary and analysis after every game twitch.tv/bonkerz1
Virtue
Profile Joined July 2010
United States318 Posts
February 03 2011 23:37 GMT
#10
OSU has a CSL team that is active and plays a lot. If anyone is going to seriously organize a LAN in the Columbus area I know a lot of the CSL players would come out to play and hang out.
CrimsonWall
Profile Joined September 2010
United States27 Posts
February 04 2011 00:17 GMT
#11
O - H !!! ...
staples2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States216 Posts
February 04 2011 01:24 GMT
#12
I-O
Air Force Mission: Kill people and break their shit
ChoboCop
Profile Joined July 2004
United States954 Posts
February 04 2011 01:50 GMT
#13
Cincinnasti
Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered.
CrimsonWall
Profile Joined September 2010
United States27 Posts
February 04 2011 22:45 GMT
#14
On February 04 2011 08:37 Virtue wrote:
OSU has a CSL team that is active and plays a lot. If anyone is going to seriously organize a LAN in the Columbus area I know a lot of the CSL players would come out to play and hang out.



What if I already graduated?
Can I play as an alumni?

Still looking for a LAN...
STOSW
Profile Joined December 2010
United States15 Posts
February 05 2011 02:34 GMT
#15
On February 04 2011 08:37 Virtue wrote:
OSU has a CSL team that is active and plays a lot. If anyone is going to seriously organize a LAN in the Columbus area I know a lot of the CSL players would come out to play and hang out.



I go to OSU and I didn't know we had a CSL team. Wow... I know of a few people in the CSE/ECE program that play SC2, but don't care about Pro or even ladder. They're >Casual players.
Bonkerz
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States831 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 20:09:20
February 07 2011 20:09 GMT
#16
How about a Public LAN i mean, im in high school cm'on :-) or wait two years till I hit college.
High masters terran streaming in 720p 60 FPS with commentary and analysis after every game twitch.tv/bonkerz1
ChoboCop
Profile Joined July 2004
United States954 Posts
February 08 2011 00:36 GMT
#17
Organize a $ tournament and you won't just get people from Ohio... All you need is a room somewhere.
Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered.
Blardy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States290 Posts
February 08 2011 05:44 GMT
#18
I live near Lima, but wouldn't mind driving if it was a big LAN and worth the drive.
STOSW
Profile Joined December 2010
United States15 Posts
February 13 2011 10:55 GMT
#19
A little late to come back to this thread, but I just remembered it.

Maybe it would be possible to get somewhere on OSU's campus. It's not like anyone actually uses any of the 100s of buildings after 5pm anyhow.
partisan
Profile Joined January 2011
United States783 Posts
February 14 2011 04:02 GMT
#20
I'm in dayton and I would love to find another decent lan in Ohio. I started in q3 and used to go to all the whempy (columbus) and SOGA (hamilton) lans. It seems like once i graduated from high school, the Ohio scene kind of died.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 671
ComeBackTV 529
SteadfastSC346
TaKeTV 277
Rex105
IndyStarCraft 57
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 346
ProTech126
Rex 105
IndyStarCraft 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44231
Bisu 2471
Horang2 1354
Shuttle 922
EffOrt 784
Hyuk 605
BeSt 569
Soma 528
Light 401
Mini 399
[ Show more ]
Larva 328
Rush 231
ZerO 209
Mong 88
Leta 85
Snow 76
Sea.KH 74
Pusan 52
Mind 47
ToSsGirL 47
Sexy 42
JYJ 35
Yoon 30
Aegong 29
Bale 21
Terrorterran 20
sorry 19
Noble 13
Rock 11
Icarus 9
Trap 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6583
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1493
Khaldor1016
Lowko429
Other Games
singsing2028
hiko1678
olofmeister1479
Beastyqt455
B2W.Neo422
Livibee197
XaKoH 183
Hui .131
Liquid`VortiX119
ArmadaUGS79
Mew2King68
djWHEAT65
QueenE23
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV162
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2392
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 16m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 16m
Online Event
21h 16m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.