• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:42
CEST 04:42
KST 11:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8144 users

Watching replays on a Mac?

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
FubsyGamr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States212 Posts
July 21 2010 23:02 GMT
#1
Ok guys, I tried to do as much research as I could before creating another thread, as I know how much we all love multiple threads on the same subject, but I am officially stumped.

I am trying to record and commentate on some replays that I have saved from the last day or two of Phase 2 (they were almost all recorded the Sunday before the Beta went down). One of the most common ways I see for people to do this is to rename the version folders to 'XXXBase...' to get to the correct version for the replays (even though these were recorded on the newest patch) and then load them using the SC2Switcher.exe to play them. My problem is, I cannot load the maps using SC2Switcher.exe. When I drag them over the icon, it does not light up, giving me the option to load. If I just try to drop them onto it, I get the error message and the replay just goes back to its folder.

If I just try to play the replays normally, I (obviously) get the "you are not using a client..." error message from B-Net because the patch is down.

Lastly, I tried by using the Map Editor, but I did not run it while the beta was up (I was too busy playing) and I never authenticated it. I try to now, and I get the same error.

How can I play these replays on my Mac? Thanks for any/all help.
FubsyGamr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States212 Posts
July 22 2010 00:41 GMT
#2
Bumpin' for some lovin'
SincerelySaint
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States88 Posts
July 23 2010 22:50 GMT
#3
I was about to mac a thread regarding this as well. Please help us!
Who crapped in the bunker...
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
July 23 2010 23:09 GMT
#4
I've found no solution and I'd assume that there isn't one at the moment.
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
August 01 2010 14:49 GMT
#5
Having the same problem
Daliniues
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada117 Posts
August 01 2010 15:16 GMT
#6
Have you tried uploading it into final cut or iMovie directly?
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
August 06 2010 04:55 GMT
#7
I dont want to start a new thread but i have a somewhat similar problem.

I just played a really fun game and i want to email or post the game so that my friend can watch it. The problem of course is that i Have a Mac and i have no idea on how to get the saved replays into a folder or how to get them out of SC2.

If someone can please help me i would love you!!!
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
Heosat
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia481 Posts
August 06 2010 04:57 GMT
#8
On August 06 2010 13:55 TheKing. wrote:
I dont want to start a new thread but i have a somewhat similar problem.

I just played a really fun game and i want to email or post the game so that my friend can watch it. The problem of course is that i Have a Mac and i have no idea on how to get the saved replays into a folder or how to get them out of SC2.

If someone can please help me i would love you!!!


Easy.

Navigate to your home directory and select "Documents" then follow this path:

Blizzard -> Starcraft II -> Accounts -> <Random Numbers> -> <More Random Numbers> -> Replays -> Unsaved and sort by time. Once you find it copy it on over!
Liquid ftw!
Horse != player. I'm from TLAF.
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
August 06 2010 05:09 GMT
#9
On August 06 2010 13:57 Heosat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 13:55 TheKing. wrote:
I dont want to start a new thread but i have a somewhat similar problem.

I just played a really fun game and i want to email or post the game so that my friend can watch it. The problem of course is that i Have a Mac and i have no idea on how to get the saved replays into a folder or how to get them out of SC2.

If someone can please help me i would love you!!!


Easy.

Navigate to your home directory and select "Documents" then follow this path:

Blizzard -> Starcraft II -> Accounts -> <Random Numbers> -> <More Random Numbers> -> Replays -> Unsaved and sort by time. Once you find it copy it on over!

I LOVE YOU :DDDDD
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft429
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft429
RuFF_SC2 133
Nina 73
-ZergGirl 70
CosmosSc2 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2346
Bale 12
yabsab 9
Terrorterran 2
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto15
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1175
taco 380
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox630
Other Games
summit1g8258
JimRising 667
Day[9].tv494
C9.Mang0386
WinterStarcraft181
ViBE169
Maynarde143
Sick136
Livibee134
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1052
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv494
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 18m
Stellar Fest
10h 18m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.