• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:01
CEST 13:01
KST 20:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8708 users

[Interview]Airforce Ace vs Hite SPARKYZ winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
June 24 2010 08:02 GMT
#1
A few days late huh.

I guess Ill do the Samsung Interview tomorrow morning if no one else decides to do them (assuming no MJY stuff pops up)


Ruby: "I will prove that it is possible"
[image loading]


Q: You went on a 2 game winning streak with your team.
A: I feel great since it's been a while since the team and I have both been on winning streaks.

Q: Your forward barracks in the beginning of the game was a strategic gambit.
A: I thought that if I always use standard plays, I wouldn't be able to make my opponent nervous, so I tried to change it up a bit. The game played out similarly to how I've practiced so I was able to win.

Q: How did you feel after confirming Hogil's hatchery in his natural?
A: My heart actually fluttered the moment I saw the second Overlord. I was a little nervous since I kept thinking that I shouldn't let my guard down, but I was easily able to win because Hogil prepared a build the opposite of my strategy.

Q: The team is almost at its goal of 10 wins.
A: During the 4th Round, our record wasn't too good so 10 wins felt impossible. After entering the 5th Round, our team spirit began to pick up and because of that 10 wins doesn't seem too far away. I think it is a realistic goal that we can definitely achieve, so if we prepare well in the future we should be able to get 10 wins. I am confident.

Q: You seemed to have washed away the pains of your individual league elimination.
A: After losing to SKTelcom's Hyuk, I was worried that I would go in a slump. I think I recovered better than I thought so I'm quite happy. While I was eliminated from the Starleague, I think I have definitely shown the potential as an Ace player. I hope I will do well in the future and change the mentality that Ace players are weaker than other players.

Q: Do you want to say anything to Leta, who has gastroenteritis?
A: I have a lot of close relationships with players born in 1989, and out of these friends, the player I care about the most is Leta. After hearing that he could not make it to the Proleague because he has gastroenteritis, I was worried that it would affect his individual league performance tomorrow.I hope he takes care of himself, and not be disappointed even though his team lost, and I hope he reaps a good record in the Starleague.

Q: Anything you want to say?
A: I want to thank MBCGame players for helping out our practice a lot, and also want to thank my fellow players for being spiritual support. It was also Coach Lee from MBC Game's birthday, so I want to congratulate him.

Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=28764&page=2


Xellos: "Beat Oz for a three game streak."
[image loading]


Q: How does it feel to contribute to Ace's 2 game winning streak?
A: I feel great since it's been a while since I've been a part of the team's victory. I think it feels even better because it's been so long.

Q: It's been a year since the last interview.
A: It's been such a long time that I forgot how the interviews worked. It's so awkward that I don't know what to say. I used to be in interviews a lot a long time ago so I felt the transience of time.

Q: Did you expect Britney?
A: I practiced aiming for Horang2. While it wasn't Horang2, but I got to play a Protoss anyway and the game flowed the way I had prepared so I was able to achieve a victory.

Q: You must have been ambitious to play. [T/N: "Playing" means to go out into the proleagues to play in a match]
A: I had a lot of ambitious to come out and play but it was a time where Ace was just thirsty for a single win so I didn't get to play. I didn't get to play up to the 4th Round because of the race requirement playing rules. We have a lot of good Terrans at Ace. So I didn't get an opportunity so my ambition sunk a bit, but after that race requirement disappeared I got an opportunity to play. The manager told me to always be prepared and I got to help my team today.

Q: Do you think you will be able to keep playing?
A: I would like to, but I can't confirm anything.

Q: You must have been very burdened since it has been a while since you have played.
A: The longer you haven't been playing in the matches the more burdened you get. I think you also get more nervous. As you play more broadcast matches you should get less nervous but that's an impossible situation. I had to show off my optimal game play with only once chance so it was a bit hard. So I also worried a lot to myself.

Q: Ace has been doing well.
A: Recently we haven't been doing well, so after we managed to pass that our team spirit began picking up. Everyone is overflowing with confidence so I think our games in the future will also go well.

Q: Can we expect you guys to beat Oz for a three game winning streak?
A: Ace has never been on a 3 game winning streak before. While Oz is a great team, but we have beaten them twice this season. We will prepare diligently so we can win.

Q: Tomorrow, CJ's Foru is retiring. How do you feel?
A: I didn't know he was still a player (laugh). I think because he retired from being a player honorably I hope he does well as a coach. Because he is someone who plays his role well I think he will do fine.

Q: Any last words?
A: A lot of fans worried about me. I felt sorry as a progamer. I hope they recognize that I've been diligent. I also want to thank Colonel Lee Sang Ho for always trusting me and supporting me and taking care of me.

Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=28765&page=2


Yellow: "I want to take my connection to the number 2 and increase it to the number 3
[image loading]


Q: How does it feel to lead the two game winning streak?
A: I'm really happy. While I've been a part of Ace's victory in the past, but I think this is the first time I have sealed the victory so I think my happiness has doubled (T/N: "increased by 2x.". The number 2 is obviously relevant)

Q: How does it feel to have the 2nd 2 game winning streak this season?
Q: Our team atmosphere is pretty good lately so I've been doing well too. I think up to now I've been stuck on this irritating "2" game winning streak, but now I want a winning streak that surpasses the number "3"

Q: You showed an offensive play from the beginning.
A: I wasn't planning on going on the offensive in the beginning. I was ambitious about management so I wanted a long game, but my first attack went well so the game ended like that.

Q: Are you confident in your management skills?
A: I practice often so my winning rate is pretty okay. While I'm lacking a lot of top class games, personally I don't think I'm lacking anything. I'm confident that I can show good plays and good managements as long as I don't make mistakes. I want to show a long game with proper management for Zerg.

Q: There's two wins left to reach your team's goal. Do you think this is possible?
A: There are four games left. If it's Ace of the past, it would have seemed impossible to win two games out of the four games. But Ace right now is different. The players and the manager both have 10 games as their goals so I think we should be able to win 2 games.

Q: You have a lot of uncanny connections with the number 2.
A: A human being tries their best to piece together whatever they can. At first, that's how I thought. But since everyone around me kept talking about it, I started concerning myself with it, and now I've had a lot of relationships with the number 2 in real life..

During today's game, while I was trying to use Overlords to fake a drop on my opponent's base, there were two Overlords that caught my eyes. While I shouldn't be thinking stuff like that in the middle of games, I thought "Oh, it's 2 again" (laugh). There were only two Overlords, and I was hoping my opponent would fall for it, after confirming that the opponent has held back zealots to prepare for the drops, I thought "Today is a good day".

And as I've said in Kangmin's Oldboy, I was returning to the airforce after a leave. That day was the 22nd, and when I looked at my train ticket, it was the 22nd seat in the 2nd train. I wanted to show this to everyone once but I haven't had the opportunity. When I get the opportunity I will confirm this.

Q: Don't you feel hurt?
A: Because people no longer mix me with the number 2 to make fun of me, I don't feel bad about it (laugh)

Q: How do you feel about your successors joining?
A: I feel great and proud that our successors are coming. I'm sure everyone applies for Ace carrying dreams. As seniors we feel responsibility to protect the places that they have dreamed of. While there has been bad times, I think our successors will be able to do better if we try hard to set the foundations.

Q: Are you planning on watching the game against Nigeria today?
A: I have things to do. Because of my sleeping patterns, I think it'll be hard to watch the Nigeria battle that starts at 3:30 AM. Because everyone is watching with expectations, I think our players will need to do well to win. After watching the arrows of criticism fall upon the players after the game against Argentina, I thought it was similar to a progamer. Progamers also hear bad things when they play badly on an important match. So I hope even more that they win. If I had to predict the score it'd realistically be 2:2, but I hope they will win 2:0.

(T/N: Korea tied Nigeria 2:2)

Q: Any last words?
A: I hope we'll be able to continue our spirit to do well in the future. I want to thank everyone for their attention and kind words that allows us to play more diligently. I also want to thank Colonel Lee Sang Ho using this opportunity.

Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=28769&page=1
Kreedit
Profile Joined March 2009
Sweden373 Posts
June 24 2010 08:07 GMT
#2
Ty for translation.

ACE FIGHTIN!!!!
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
June 24 2010 08:08 GMT
#3
Awesome, thanks for the interview.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
hubfub
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Australia352 Posts
June 24 2010 08:09 GMT
#4
wow.. yellow's soccer predictions spot on O.o
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
June 24 2010 08:11 GMT
#5
LOL the YellOw God is now Nostradamus too. Shit.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
June 24 2010 08:14 GMT
#6
Rofl, Kong should just quit SC and bet on soccer.

The number 2 shall always haunt him as long as he's a progamer.
God Bless
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
June 24 2010 08:27 GMT
#7
YellOw <3
TranslatorBaa!
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
June 24 2010 08:33 GMT
#8
Haha, YellOw is amazing.
Coulthard
Profile Joined September 2005
Greece3359 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-24 08:45:08
June 24 2010 08:43 GMT
#9
Even after reading a yellow's interview it feels proud to be a fan of his and of course its nice that after so many 2-3 loses ACE gets some credit from the people winning 2 games in a row.

LoL at his world cup prediction,he predicts the exact score haha.
edit:Oh I didnt know foru retired,I didnt even know he was still playing t.t GL foru <3
shucklesors
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore1176 Posts
June 24 2010 08:44 GMT
#10
of course hed predict 2:2, hes the '2' guy.
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
June 24 2010 08:57 GMT
#11
Ah, Yellow is different without BoxeR. Yellow still play, BoxeR should come out play sometimes too.

I am rooting for Yellow 3rd win! Yellow Fighting fighting!

Today there is MSL ceremony. Hope it is good and funny keke.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Fish_Baguettes
Profile Joined March 2008
Australia589 Posts
June 24 2010 09:34 GMT
#12
Woohoo! Thanks for the interviews, I like how Yellow is so obsessed with the number 2.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
June 24 2010 09:41 GMT
#13
Yellow Hwaiting! ACE Hwaiting!

ACE player interviews are always such a joy to read.

Yellow is foreseeing the future like a baller. Oz is dead. =D

Thank you for the translation!
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
June 24 2010 11:30 GMT
#14
What a way to end his run at ACE. Go Yellow
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
June 24 2010 12:42 GMT
#15
Yellow should teach the korean soccer team how to play real offensive. That said, OH MY GOD thank you ACE, please win the next 4 matches. Thanks.

Yellow, #1
Where is my ACE flair
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
June 24 2010 12:57 GMT
#16
ACE > OZ, everybody knows that! Ace is like Oz's Kryptonite.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Rinny
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States616 Posts
June 24 2010 13:01 GMT
#17
I thought "Today is a good day"


DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO USE MY AK TODAY.
Where my swarm at? Ye Yeee
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
June 24 2010 13:07 GMT
#18
Go Ace!
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
June 24 2010 13:30 GMT
#19
LOL YELLOWS 2:2 PREDICTION !! YHOLY SHIT!
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
CCGaunt
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States417 Posts
June 24 2010 14:11 GMT
#20
How can one hope to beat the Yellow God?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
Ace, Fighting!
Take me to Korea
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko255
SpeCial 77
ProTech22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16015
firebathero 2341
Bisu 942
Hyuk 627
Horang2 526
Larva 304
BeSt 255
Light 185
Mini 173
EffOrt 146
[ Show more ]
Soma 128
Rush 95
Leta 92
Barracks 78
Mong 58
ZerO 58
Pusan 57
ToSsGirL 50
Killer 48
Sharp 36
Aegong 32
Shinee 32
Mind 29
sorry 27
Sexy 26
NaDa 26
Bale 22
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 16
Noble 15
zelot 14
Snow 13
JulyZerg 12
Terrorterran 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
XaKoH 318
Fuzer 199
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss906
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1017
crisheroes987
Other Games
gofns26544
singsing1907
olofmeister1289
B2W.Neo214
Mew2King83
Livibee63
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream219
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH108
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 59m
OSC
10h 59m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 59m
Online Event
23h 59m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.