• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:49
CEST 15:49
KST 22:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13962 users

SC2 Tool - Gateway Switcher

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
randomNoob
Profile Joined April 2010
France1 Post
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 05:24:23
April 30 2010 04:53 GMT
#1
Hi guys,

I've read many threads asking how to change your gateway, so I'll share a program I've made for my personal use. All it does is automating what's described in this post :

On April 02 2010 16:29 ldrs wrote:
Switching the "Base.SC2Data" file in "Starcraft II Beta\Mods\Core.SC2Mod" folder of your SC2 installation with the same file from another SC2 client will allow you to play on multiple servers without multiple installations.

I got a friend to send me his US "Base.SC2DATA" file and I replaced the file on my EU SC2 install and managed to login with a US account and play on US B.Net. I have two Base.SC2DATA files (one for EU and the other for US) and I just switch the file names around depending on which server I want to connect to.

[edit for clarification: YOU NEED ACCOUNTS ON THE RESPECTIVE SERVERS TO CONNECT TO THEM (You can NOT connect to the EU server with a US account and vice-versa.) This is only useful to people who have access to multiple accounts on different servers or people who have downloaded the wrong client and do not want to redownload the client again.]

Not too sure if this breaks anything or not but it works completely fine for me; I even managed to get patch 7 when connecting to the US server with a EU SC2 install without any issues.
Hope this helped.


Gateway Switcher
(The file is fairly big because i've included the 3 Base.SC2Data files found in this thread : http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=118158)

Screen shot (source code VS2008 C#)

Only tested on WinXP x86 SP3
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 17 2010 17:53 GMT
#2
Why the hell did nobody reply to this. This tool is great!
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
DrBoo
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1177 Posts
May 17 2010 17:56 GMT
#3
Thanks for making this, I personally don't use anything except US gateway but I'm sure people who do change accounts would love this.
"DrBoo is an elaborate troll" -Pufftrees
AyJay
Profile Joined April 2010
1515 Posts
May 17 2010 18:08 GMT
#4
On May 18 2010 02:53 zatic wrote:
Why the hell did nobody reply to this. This tool is great!

Thread necro

BAN
Azide
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada566 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-17 18:53:57
May 17 2010 18:46 GMT
#5
When I extracted the .rar file it said the file was corrupt and didn't seem to come with the US base file. I placed my own US base file in the folder named as USBase or whatever as the program asked for but when I press launch game it doesn't work.
Azide and SuperNinja - Best Double Protoss 2v2 Team!
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 18 2010 18:22 GMT
#6
On May 18 2010 03:46 Azide wrote:
When I extracted the .rar file it said the file was corrupt and didn't seem to come with the US base file. I placed my own US base file in the folder named as USBase or whatever as the program asked for but when I press launch game it doesn't work.

I get the corrupt file error as well but the game still launches fine with the US gateway file and I can still switch Gateways no problem.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Solarswordsman
Profile Joined April 2010
United States35 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-18 18:54:54
May 18 2010 18:29 GMT
#7
We should identify the specific file in this MPQ that stores the gateway information and automate the editing of that. Would result in a much smaller and more efficient tool. I'll look into it...

EDIT: It's just ProductLocale.txt ... either enGB or enUS. The post after this mentions a batch file I'm not aware of, it might simply switch that string, as described below:

You can get for example Ladik's MPQ Editor, extract ProductLocale.txt from Base.SC2Data in Core, change enUS / enGB / whateverkoreaisbecauseididnt'check to whatever you desire, then replace it into the mpq.
EnderW
Profile Joined March 2010
United States170 Posts
May 18 2010 18:29 GMT
#8
I've been using the .batch file that is in the other thread on this topic, and it has been working great for me, super easy etc. this looks cool too though, these are great tools to have around at our disposal
Learn from the mistakes of others, because you wont live long enough to make them all yourself.
Disastorm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States922 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-18 18:55:30
May 18 2010 18:52 GMT
#9
Great job, I think its great that players are implementing features that blizzard can't handle.


I'd be interested in seeing if any players will be able to implement in-game chat rooms before blizzard o_o

Isn't the bnet2 interface flash or something like that? I bet someone could modify it to automatically connect to an irc channel or something.
"Don't worry so much man. There won't be any more zergs left to QQ. Lots of QQ about TvT is incoming though I bet." - Vrok 9/21/10
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
May 18 2010 18:58 GMT
#10
omg i was looking for this but couldn't find it! thank you sir!
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
May 18 2010 19:01 GMT
#11
On May 19 2010 03:52 Disastorm wrote:
Great job, I think its great that players are implementing features that blizzard can't handle.


I'd be interested in seeing if any players will be able to implement in-game chat rooms before blizzard o_o

Isn't the bnet2 interface flash or something like that? I bet someone could modify it to automatically connect to an irc channel or something.



Yeah because everyone can use this and automatically have an account on all 3 servers. It is cool that third party programs are automatically what people think Blizzard has invisioned, give Blizzard some time to do what they are planning on doing(Most of their plans for a game are thought up a long time before a beta, getting down the list of what needs to be done on a priortity list takes time,(Blizzard has never dissapointed me in any of their games so far so I have faith.)).

This is a neat tool, it will help those with multiple beta accounts, keep up the good work.
Brood War forever!
MorroW
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden3522 Posts
May 18 2010 19:02 GMT
#12
wait does this program really work that simple as in that picture?
u just open it then select gateway?

wow i need to fix an account so i can play some us tours before beta ends :p
Progamerpls no copy pasterino
xLethargicax
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States469 Posts
May 18 2010 19:05 GMT
#13
dude, incredible job!
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
May 18 2010 19:09 GMT
#14
The US file is corrupt and not working for me, only the KR server works and EU work.
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
EyMiller245
Profile Joined April 2010
United States45 Posts
May 18 2010 19:12 GMT
#15
lol I read the title and immediately thought someone created a little hack/macro to use the warpgate/gateway switch automatically for faster unit production as toss. /facepalm

good job nonetheless
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
May 18 2010 19:15 GMT
#16
one post OP! nice job
wanderer
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States641 Posts
May 18 2010 19:18 GMT
#17
we are just SO resourceful as a community!
Fuck you, I have a degree in mathematics and I speak 12 languages. (I called the World Cup final in 2008 btw)
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
May 18 2010 19:18 GMT
#18
I was really hoping that with sc2 the community wouldnt have to make third party programs to makeup for Blizzard's mistakes.
Sent
Profile Joined April 2010
United States120 Posts
May 18 2010 22:52 GMT
#19
On May 19 2010 04:18 Mastermind wrote:
I was really hoping that with sc2 the community wouldnt have to make third party programs to makeup for Blizzard's mistakes.


Or Blizzard doesn't care when the community DOES do it so they dont have to?
I got nothing
Auronz
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil119 Posts
May 18 2010 22:58 GMT
#20
wow I had missed this, great job!
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 261
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 261
ProTech163
mouzHeroMarine 144
CosmosSc2 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41778
Bisu 2731
Hyuk 1722
Shuttle 1630
Mini 658
EffOrt 590
Larva 513
Soma 421
firebathero 234
ZerO 216
[ Show more ]
hero 120
Last 109
Zeus 64
Pusan 52
Sexy 50
Killer 45
Hyun 45
Trap 40
sorry 39
Bale 35
Hm[arnc] 30
PianO 27
ToSsGirL 26
Aegong 21
zelot 21
Noble 15
Rock 12
yabsab 12
Sacsri 8
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6278
qojqva1535
Dendi886
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1200
crisheroes856
Lowko387
Liquid`Hasu367
Other Games
gofns40267
singsing2530
B2W.Neo1213
DeMusliM268
Livibee192
Liquid`VortiX124
Mew2King87
ArmadaUGS83
Hui .47
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6506
League of Legends
• Jankos2049
Other Games
• WagamamaTV230
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 12m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 12m
INu's Battles
22h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.