• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:30
CEST 12:30
KST 19:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8233 users

[H] Please help me improve! (Replays included)

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-07 04:33:13
March 07 2010 04:32 GMT
#1
Hi there! I'm a Random user in the EU servers, not sure which division but I got into the gold league after going 8-2 in placement matches.
After that I went like 2-10 and dropped to rank 70 something
Im having a lot of trouble with RvP, especially PvP, but I hardly ever random P.
Here come replays, please help me out!


1. http://www.mediafire.com/?onmw3nnitnm
[image loading] Avarice vs [image loading] Sh00ler on Steppes of War

Im not sure exactly what it was that went wrong,
maybe I shouldnt have FE'd? I simply didnt have enough roaches to fend off his attack,
and i feel the lings dont do well until they are +1 upgraded, they just die
any tips on how to fend off this or a similar one base rush?

2. http://www.mediafire.com/?nwmwuqmnmmt
[image loading] Avarice vs [image loading] smr on Metalopolis

EXACTLY the same as #1 above. jeebuz i suck at zvp.

3. http://www.mediafire.com/?liz0tjenewo
[image loading] Avarice vs [image loading] Ente on Scrapyard

Ok so I think what lost me the game more then anything is that he expanded without gates and
i didnt even notice it, so I continued to tech. The buildtime of gates is so long I thought
his gates were just still building. I tried expanding myself when I realised but he had a
considerable eco advantage by then and I was crushed by colossi.He even took a third without
me noticing it, but he didnt really mine from it much. Definitely need to scout expoes better.
However, any tips on my army composition and anything else would still be appreciated.

4. http://www.mediafire.com/?zqgnhidg3mo
[image loading] Avarice vs [image loading] Greg on Kulas Ravine

Stupid as this may seem, I simply got owned to mass zeal after expanding off 2rax marine maurader
The only thing I can think of to counter it is hellions? not really sure, I didnt notice he was
just simply massing zeal, so again a scouting fail. I think I could have still beat him if
my army didnt split do to obstacles in the map when I was moving it to his base >_>
Still, any tips as to what EXACTLY I was doing hroribly wrong always appreciated

5. http://www.mediafire.com/?moin2ky4xgd
[image loading] Avarice vs [image loading] Mojo on scrapyard


We both started off with 2 starport vikings, i guess we both assumed the other was going banshees
and decided to counter it. He exapdned earlier then me and went for a full mech army, i opted for
a biomech with thor backup army. I demolished his 3rd while getting my own, but was chased off with BC's
nonplussed, I made 3 more thors, which died to 2 BCs. Now I am getting worried, his BC numbers increase,
and after he kills my third I can no longer support thor/viking production, but they melt so easily
to BC anyway! What should I have done in this situation?

Please advise me hyungs!
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
zealing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada806 Posts
March 07 2010 04:40 GMT
#2
blizzard failed so hard with the placement setting and battle.net ranking in general T_T

will look and try to give feedback soon ^_^
Think you got lag? It took Jesus 3 days to respawn.
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
March 07 2010 04:42 GMT
#3
On March 07 2010 13:40 zealing wrote:
blizzard failed so hard with the placement setting and battle.net ranking in general T_T

will look and try to give feedback soon ^_^

Well I dont know, i asked the people i played against in placement, and I beat 3 golds, rest bronze and silver, lost to 1 plat and 1 silver ~_~ Based on that I guess it does seem like I belong in gold league, but after getting in gold league i started losing to mostly silver, because of my vP being bad bad bad
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
March 07 2010 05:50 GMT
#4
just mass game, you need to get a feel for what unit counters are, when you can expand safely. Just start making up builds and modifying them. Watch the reps where you lose and copy the opponent in the next game. If that loses in that same matchup, watch that rep and copy. etc.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
March 07 2010 05:59 GMT
#5
On March 07 2010 14:50 CharlieMurphy wrote:
just mass game, you need to get a feel for what unit counters are, when you can expand safely. Just start making up builds and modifying them. Watch the reps where you lose and copy the opponent in the next game. If that loses in that same matchup, watch that rep and copy. etc.

yup, already trying to do this (cant massgame TOO much though, school etc)
Just wanted to get some tips/constructive criticism if people can give it :D
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
palanq
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States761 Posts
March 07 2010 16:35 GMT
#6
There's a little too much going on in this post... I would try to understand a few matchups at a time.
time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
March 08 2010 00:45 GMT
#7
I'd rather be a bit slower to catch up while getting a firm grasp of all races
please tips!
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Storm)
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada14 Posts
March 08 2010 00:55 GMT
#8
your godlike alrdy <3
Wretched
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Australia121 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-08 01:17:52
March 08 2010 01:15 GMT
#9
For starters it sounds like you are not a mechanically solid player. This means, you probably find it difficult to execute your strategy correctly even if you have the right idea of what to do.

Because of this, everytime you lose, you will probably have difficulty knowing wether its because you did the wrong thing, or because you didn't do it properly. Combine this with the fact that you are playing random, and you're probably not going to be learning much in a hurry.

I advise you concentrate on one race at a time, so that you can actually improve every game, instead of waiting till the next game of the same matchup which statistically, probably wont occur until you have forgetten what you already learned.

Anyone who is trying to play random, and needs to ask for specific advice on 6 different games, has clearly bitten off more than they can chew.
Feefee
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada556 Posts
March 08 2010 01:21 GMT
#10
Hrm I'm only gold myself, although more to the top end than the bottom so I can only give so-so advice:
I watched the TvP on scrapyard (I'm T) and there's a few things you could've improved on:

Your terran buildorder could be better. In particular you get your orbital command much later than is possible: Go for supply on 10, barracks on 12 (like you did I think), then refinery whenever you have the minerals, allthewhile never stopping scv production. Do not however make a second supply depot yet. When your barracks finishes your cc should just be popping out an scv and you should be sitting with 200 minerals and 3 scv's on gas. As soon as that barracks finishes upgrade orbital command and build a marine. when the marine finishes you'll have 50 minerals 50 gas for a tech lab. I should mention the second depot comes after you started your marine.
Anyways, that's just buildorder, you'll figure that out. But that buildorder would've given you much more minerals without any sacrifice.
Second thing is scouting: Obviously you missed his expansion but even if that hadn't been there, the only time you ever peeked into the toss's base was at the start. Afterwards you had no clue what his tech tree was. Scouting in SC2 is sooooo important. What I do is get a mule with my first 50 energy, and scan his main with my second 50 energy. With that timing I can see if he's morphing in a robo, templar tech or a stargate. Once you know that (and that he isn't expanding) you can make an informed decision on your tech tree.
You went against collossi with marine marauder, no ghost no viking. And you never used stim =P.

Anyways I thought you played really well^^ More practice is really all it takes apart from scouting and understanding what counters what. Marines dont counter collossi =P
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
March 08 2010 02:41 GMT
#11
Thanks for the tips guys!
The reason im still randoming is because I honestly CANNOT decide on just one race
both terran and protoss look appealing, but pvp is so bad t.t
whereas pvt is really fun
anyway, i actually had somewhat decent apm in sc1 (180), but since sc2 lags on my computer, hard to spam, and switch screens fast, it slows the game down
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Wretched
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Australia121 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-08 03:13:10
March 08 2010 03:12 GMT
#12
you could do something like,

play terran today, zerg tomorrow, protoss the next day, then repeat until you have a few solid strategies with each race, then starting to roll random when you have a plan for every match up.

or just alternate between terran and protoss, if they are the races you are interested in
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
March 08 2010 03:43 GMT
#13
On March 08 2010 12:12 Wretched wrote:
you could do something like,

play terran today, zerg tomorrow, protoss the next day, then repeat until you have a few solid strategies with each race, then starting to roll random when you have a plan for every match up.

or just alternate between terran and protoss, if they are the races you are interested in

This seems like pretty damn good advice, thank you!
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings101
CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
SHIN 32
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 274
ByuN 221
SHIN 32
MindelVK 7
mouzHeroMarine 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31709
Calm 9936
Rain 3170
soO 863
BeSt 573
FanTaSy 504
Stork 442
Soma 327
Soulkey 324
Bisu 316
[ Show more ]
Rush 256
firebathero 252
Barracks 117
Last 86
Mind 61
Shinee 49
Pusan 47
Sexy 42
Light 40
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 26
Sharp 26
HiyA 25
hero 21
Terrorterran 20
Sacsri 19
Hm[arnc] 17
Shine 17
sorry 17
Snow 17
Trap 14
yabsab 14
zelot 13
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5369
League of Legends
Reynor23
Counter-Strike
byalli303
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
gofns35612
singsing1748
Pyrionflax198
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 60
• Dystopia_ 1
• Gemini_19 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV341
League of Legends
• Jankos2920
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 30m
OSC
12h 30m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.