• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:41
CEST 00:41
KST 07:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9678 users

UK TSL Finals meet?

Forum Index > TSL2 Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 02:00:19
February 20 2010 21:52 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Thanks to disciple for making me a banner and thanks to Carnac for putting this in TSL forums

So here we go, there seemed to be enough interest for a fully fledged post, so here it is!

On Sunday 28th of February, there will be the TSL finals, a guaranteed PvZ, with the best English commentary around and to pounce of this oppurtunity, I will be hosting a meetup at my house to watch the games on a 26" TV in a pretty spacious room.

I live in Ardingly, a village only a short distance from Haywards Heath rail station, which is about a 30 minute train journey from London Victoria. I can pick people up from Haywards Heath station from anytime after 3pm. Haywards Heath is a mainline station and there are about 9 trains from Victoria that stop there, some from Bedford and London Bridge for example. I will also drive you back to the station where necessary.

I live in a decent sized house with my parents and an older sister with two empty rooms and some sofa beds if people need to stay over. It's not a real problem if you do, but I really need to know in advance and if possible, I'd like to avoid it. I have a 26" TV I can connect to my PC to watch the games on, an 8 seater table for LANing on, a PS3 I can hook up if needed, you can try out Beta on my account (I got in for opt-in) and for afters, there are 2 pubs about 5 minutes walk away. We also have wireless internet.

So that's the following:

  • Starcraft LAN for those who bring their laptops
  • SC2 Beta for you to try out. (I run this on High visuals and high resolution)
  • A PS3 with a bunch of games. I got Street Fighter IV for example.
  • TSL Finals starting at 7pm
  • Two decent pubs nearby if we want to go out.


It will only cost you your train fare and whatever alcohol you drink. I will grab some frozen pizzas and a case of Cola or something and maybe a case of beer/cider if you guys can agree what you like. There is also a chinese takeaway up the road where I work that you could chip in for if you want. If you bring your latop, bring some Network cables and if someone has a LAN hub, PM me to tell me. If I haven't had a PM, I will buy one.

I know Sunday is an iffy day as people will have work or school following. So check the last trains out of Haywards Heath. I have a 4 seats in my car (it's just a Fiesta) so if you can arrange to come and go in clumps that'd be helpful. As I said, I can have a few sleep here if you really need to but you need to tell me beforehand. If needed, we do have an Inn up the road which I guess I could look into. If you want to drive to my place, PM me for directions/address. It's about 8 minutes from the station in a Village very near by.

Contact Number and meeting info 07882059100 is my mobile. If you have a skype phone and want to save money Flickyfij is my username.

Outside the train station there is a drop off and collection point. I'll pick you guys up from there in a... dark blue Fiesta. I dunno, it's kinda purple. It's R registration and should have a bunkie doll floating in the window.

~So, what say ye, lazy English SC fans?

People what said They'll be here
Alethios
Xelin
Tarqes
Nytefish
no_re
Kwark
Aresien
mogget + 1
SectorX (possible +1)
TagSig
People what said They might be here
Luca + 1
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
Aresien
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United Kingdom305 Posts
February 20 2010 21:59 GMT
#2
Wow I live really close to Haywards Heath (i'm in Hassocks).

I'm at uni at the moment though (in Coventry), so put me down as a maybe. I'll definitely make it back if I can afford it. It's awesome that someone is doing this
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 22:01:26
February 20 2010 22:01 GMT
#3
should I send you guys a box of BIONADE, just to spice up things a bit ?
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
February 20 2010 22:01 GMT
#4
I'll be in England until the 2nd of March, when I have to get back to Paris in order to fly back home.

Reckon you could make some room for a lowly Kiwi? Not sure what my plans are for around that time yet, but if i'm free i'd be keen.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
orangeshines
Profile Joined September 2008
United Kingdom204 Posts
February 20 2010 22:04 GMT
#5
Damn I would come but Im way up north
nibbles
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United Kingdom179 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 22:37:53
February 20 2010 22:37 GMT
#6
On February 21 2010 07:04 orangeshines wrote:
Damn I would come but Im way oop north


I'm not actually very north at all, but it's still a bit far.
meh
Sapraedon
Profile Joined January 2010
United Kingdom142 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 23:39:12
February 20 2010 23:35 GMT
#7
Sure. I'd be up for it.
I live in London but I was going to be visiting my parents in Portsmouth from Friday-Sunday.
I'd arrive back at Victoria at 5pm so it'd be a tight squeeze in terms of time...but my timing irl is pretty good too.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
February 21 2010 00:05 GMT
#8
I would of loved to be up for it. I'm from Essex and about a half hour train ride from London. But I don't think I'll be able to make it sadly. Very nice idea though!
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Vequeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United Kingdom1116 Posts
February 21 2010 00:24 GMT
#9
Im up for this, will be coming up from brighton.
Aspiring British Caster / Masters Protoss
searcher
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
277 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-21 00:44:43
February 21 2010 00:43 GMT
#10
Eughh I happen to be in Lyon for the weekend... Good to know that there are actually SC fans around though. The UK must be one of the worst countries in the world for gaming culture.
Elric
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom1327 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-21 01:16:32
February 21 2010 01:16 GMT
#11
Shame the finals are on the Sunday, otherwise I would definitely have come

Good luck with this and have fun tho!
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-21 02:06:40
February 21 2010 01:58 GMT
#12
I think I will come if at least one of no_re, reno, xelin or tarqes do as well.
They are all lazy or poor though so it might be hard.
No I'm never serious.
Raneth
Profile Joined December 2009
England527 Posts
February 21 2010 02:13 GMT
#13
I live pretty damn close to haywards heath im at uni at the mo though, so i'll be a maybe sounds awesome though dude (y)
tom: "dont you mean TWO g keys???" kwark: "nah, i'll probably just press it twice"
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
February 21 2010 02:14 GMT
#14
A lot of the more known UK guys are in the north. Still, I'll spread the word out and see if anyone I know better wants to go. If so then I'll consider it.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
intrudor
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada446 Posts
February 21 2010 02:18 GMT
#15
British people like SC?
USER MIGHT BE WARNED FOR THIS COMMENT
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
February 21 2010 02:26 GMT
#16
On February 21 2010 10:58 Nytefish wrote:
I think I will come if at least one of no_re, reno, xelin or tarqes do as well.
They are all lazy or poor though so it might be hard.

We should coerce them. Would be good to have a proper UK lan.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Floydian
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United Kingdom374 Posts
February 21 2010 03:00 GMT
#17
I always wondered if there were many people from the UK on here.. what's the deal? We don't seem to have much representation (that I'm aware of) in the SC scene
As for the meet, cool idea but I don't think it's really viable for me, got work the next morning. Hope it happens though!
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
February 21 2010 17:21 GMT
#18
On February 21 2010 11:18 intrudor wrote:
British people like SC?


Yes. :o
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
TarQeS
Profile Joined August 2008
United Kingdom90 Posts
February 22 2010 00:00 GMT
#19
Just came out of about two years of lurking for this lol!

Me and Xelin both might come. For me it depends if i can get my coursework done, for Xelin if he can be bothered to get dressed in the morning i guess.

+ Show Spoiler +
The fact that its Nony vs Mondy is inclining me to want to go more i wont lie what a final.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
February 22 2010 00:10 GMT
#20
I'd love to come but unfortunately I'm working on that day;; I live in Edinburgh though so it's a pretty damn long train journey.

On February 21 2010 11:18 intrudor wrote:
British people like SC?

Indeed, I know quite a few people who play/watch it.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O140
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason115
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1108
ZZZero.O 140
Bale 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5179
JimRising 674
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6849
Other Games
summit1g8861
FrodaN2785
KnowMe197
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie986
• Shiphtur194
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
19m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 19m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.