• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:10
CEST 11:10
KST 18:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10280 users

[Interview] EVER OSL Ro36 Group E

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-21 17:00:36
October 21 2009 13:12 GMT
#1
[image loading]


"I want to return to my 2007 self"


- You made it into the OSL RO16
▲ Since both my OSL and MST games are side by side I’m slightly burdened. However ever since I shortened my sleeping time and lengthened my practice time, I’m happy I’m getting better results. I guess I have to head back soon so I can practice for tomorrow’s MST games.

- This is your 13th consecutive appearance in the RO16 OSL
▲ I’ve been thinking about this for a while since prelims and last season. Unfortunately, I have no records unlike other players so I want to make “Most Consecutive Appearance in RO16 OSL” record so I can leave my name in the history books.

- Jangbi failed to get to RO16
▲ I wasn’t at the stadium because I was practicing with my teammates. I couldn’t watch the games but I heard the results. He may have lost today, but I wish him the best next season.

- Swarm Season: Zerg is really strong now
▲ As I started to practice a lot more, I realized rather than Map Imbalance the skill level of an average zerg player increased than the average protoss player. I think protoss players should practice much much harder to deal with this issue.

- How did you practice?
▲ Our team started focusing more on Proleague so practicing for individual leagues became much harder. Fortunately I also had a Zerg game for my proleague match so during my proleague practice I started studying and practicing builds for my OSL games.

- You seem hungry for another title
▲ I’ve been thinking about this for a while now. 2 Months from now, I will be 22 years old and 6 years already passed for me as a Progamer. I do not have much time as I used to so I will play every game as my last. I do wish I can leave a record in the history books, but for now I think it is best if I can do and show my best for my fans.

- Every since Bisu dropped the OSL a lot of people have been looking up to you
▲ It’s been an year since I won first title and I do know my current performance has not been up to expectations. For my team and myself I believe I have to do my best.
To be honest, I wish all the protoss players disqualify, except me. I wish I can win the “The Legend of the Fall” title against an all-zerg OSL.

- You look a lot different
▲ I changed my lifestyle a bit. Instead of a lazy man, I decided to live more like a diligent and hard working man. As important as gaming is, I started to realize a healthy life pattern will also give me better results. Not to mention, the better I take care of myself the more my fans will be pleased, which is why I burned some weight. I wish I can show a much better and improved self until my last days as a progamer.

- You and Jangbi’s performance really affects your team
▲ Last season Jangbi started performing worse as we reached closer to the end, but it wasn’t an issue of skill. I think we started performing worse because we lost the will to win. I think for our team to get higher in the ranking is for me to perform much better. Good news is, my mentality is back and I feel like I returned to my 2007 self.

- Last words
▲ I want to thank everyone who helped me practice. And I would like to tell Jangbi that it wasn’t an issue of skill, rather that you just need to get yourself back together. So don’t feel so bad about today’s elimination and practice harder for next time. Both of us will practice hard and return to the old Jangbi and Stork we were known for.

Fomos Source
dats racist
NO MY LIQUIBET
Profile Joined May 2009
United States294 Posts
October 21 2009 13:24 GMT
#2
Yeah Stork! Finally has the motivation to win again!

Anyone else thinks he looks a bit like the pringle man (sans mustache) in that picture?

Also, I'm not sure if "To be honest, I wish all the protoss players disqualify, except me. I wish I can win the “The Legend of the Fall” title against an all-zerg OSL," is him being cocky, or him rising to occasion against the swarm, but its a pretty bold statement either way. This is why I think Stork is one of the most interesting progamers; his interviews are never boring or generic and he actually tells you what he thinks.
NO MY LIQUIBET
Magic84
Profile Joined October 2008
Russian Federation1381 Posts
October 21 2009 13:26 GMT
#3
- Every since Bisu dropped the OSL a lot of people have been looking up to you
▲ It’s been an year since I won first title and I do know my current performance has not been up to expectations. For my team and myself I believe I have to do my best.
To be honest, I wish all the protoss players disqualify, except me. I wish I can win the “The Legend of the Fall” title against an all-zerg OSL.

I like this answer.

- You and Jangbi’s performance really effects your team
▲ Last season Jangbi started performing worse as we reached closer to the end, but it wasn’t an issue of skill. I think we started performing worse because we lost the will to win. I think for our team to get higher in the ranking is for me to perform much better. Good news is, my mentality is back and I feel like I returned to my 2007 self.

It seems to me that Khan and Woongjin have incredible coaching problems and wasting talent. The teams need a male authority the young guys will respect, someone who can spark and encourage young guys, someone to admire greatly, good training regime, etc.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
October 21 2009 13:27 GMT
#4
So Stork's motivated again? Looks like he really wants to leave a legacy before retirement. Glad to hear that.

I wish I can win the “The Legend of the Fall” title against an all-zerg OSL.


When Stork beats Jaedong in the finals, he needs to do a little dance as a fuck you to all the zergs. :p
Meh
FoBuLouS
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States570 Posts
October 21 2009 13:28 GMT
#5
I believe Stork can do it this season. Abuse that legend of the fall!
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
October 21 2009 13:28 GMT
#6
On October 21 2009 22:24 NO MY LIQUIBET wrote:
Yeah Stork! Finally has the motivation to win again!

Anyone else thinks he looks a bit like the pringle man (sans mustache) in that picture?

Also, I'm not sure if "To be honest, I wish all the protoss players disqualify, except me. I wish I can win the “The Legend of the Fall” title against an all-zerg OSL," is him being cocky, or him rising to occasion against the swarm, but its a pretty bold statement either way. This is why I think Stork is one of the most interesting progamers; his interviews are never boring or generic and he actually tells you what he thinks.

I translated that last because I just sat there for 10 minutes looking at that statement spacing out lol

But I can assure you it wasn't him being cocky, rather he just dreams of a scenario like this
dats racist
NovaTheFeared
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States7232 Posts
October 21 2009 13:29 GMT
#7
- Swarm Season: Zerg is really strong now
▲ As I started to practice a lot more, I realized rather than Map Imbalance the skill level of an average zerg player increased than the average protoss player. I think protoss players should practice much much harder to deal with this issue.


Please tell me this will stop the ZvP imba!!! posts for at least a day or 2.
日本語が分かりますか
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-21 13:39:02
October 21 2009 13:38 GMT
#8
On October 21 2009 22:12 MrHoon wrote:
- You and Jangbi’s performance really effects your team
▲ Last season Jangbi started performing worse as we reached closer to the end, but it wasn’t an issue of skill. I think we started performing worse because we lost the will to win. I think for our team to get higher in the ranking is for me to perform much better. Good news is, my mentality is back and I feel like I returned to my 2007 self.


Seriously. Whenever FBH or Jangbi enter the booth, the two of them look like dead men walking.
NO MY LIQUIBET
Profile Joined May 2009
United States294 Posts
October 21 2009 13:38 GMT
#9
On October 21 2009 22:28 MrHoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2009 22:24 NO MY LIQUIBET wrote:
Yeah Stork! Finally has the motivation to win again!

Anyone else thinks he looks a bit like the pringle man (sans mustache) in that picture?

Also, I'm not sure if "To be honest, I wish all the protoss players disqualify, except me. I wish I can win the “The Legend of the Fall” title against an all-zerg OSL," is him being cocky, or him rising to occasion against the swarm, but its a pretty bold statement either way. This is why I think Stork is one of the most interesting progamers; his interviews are never boring or generic and he actually tells you what he thinks.

I translated that last because I just sat there for 10 minutes looking at that statement spacing out lol

But I can assure you it wasn't him being cocky, rather he just dreams of a scenario like this


He's not dreaming, he's DARING enough to take on his weakest match-up exclusively at the height of swarm season. The man has balls the size of Aiur.
NO MY LIQUIBET
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
October 21 2009 13:44 GMT
#10
On October 21 2009 22:29 NovaTheFeared wrote:
Show nested quote +
- Swarm Season: Zerg is really strong now
▲ As I started to practice a lot more, I realized rather than Map Imbalance the skill level of an average zerg player increased than the average protoss player. I think protoss players should practice much much harder to deal with this issue.


Please tell me this will stop the ZvP imba!!! posts for at least a day or 2.


Stork is notorious for not being picky about maps though. The guy won't even say Tears of the Moon is unplayable for protoss... only to proceed to get owned hard in every game he played on it.
Meh
MisteR
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Netherlands595 Posts
October 21 2009 13:51 GMT
#11
On October 21 2009 22:26 Magic84 wrote:
Show nested quote +
- You and Jangbi’s performance really effects your team
▲ Last season Jangbi started performing worse as we reached closer to the end, but it wasn’t an issue of skill. I think we started performing worse because we lost the will to win. I think for our team to get higher in the ranking is for me to perform much better. Good news is, my mentality is back and I feel like I returned to my 2007 self.

It seems to me that Khan and Woongjin have incredible coaching problems and wasting talent. The teams need a male authority the young guys will respect, someone who can spark and encourage young guys, someone to admire greatly, good training regime, etc.


... Why male?
Nal_Ra/Much/Horang2/Flying fighting!~
pripple
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Finland1714 Posts
October 21 2009 13:52 GMT
#12
Yes Stork interview! these are the best ;p the answers are a bit more like of all the others now, must be the new lifestyle.
Jaedong! <> Team MVP <> Mouz.
Magic84
Profile Joined October 2008
Russian Federation1381 Posts
October 21 2009 13:59 GMT
#13
On October 21 2009 22:51 MisteR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2009 22:26 Magic84 wrote:
- You and Jangbi’s performance really effects your team
▲ Last season Jangbi started performing worse as we reached closer to the end, but it wasn’t an issue of skill. I think we started performing worse because we lost the will to win. I think for our team to get higher in the ranking is for me to perform much better. Good news is, my mentality is back and I feel like I returned to my 2007 self.

It seems to me that Khan and Woongjin have incredible coaching problems and wasting talent. The teams need a male authority the young guys will respect, someone who can spark and encourage young guys, someone to admire greatly, good training regime, etc.


... Why male?

Should i explain the obvious? Why do you think all the ice hockey coaches are male? Even if not the head coach, but race specific coaches, anybody, the guys seem lost and disinterested on these teams.
dibban
Profile Joined July 2008
Sweden1279 Posts
October 21 2009 14:04 GMT
#14
That was fast! Thanks
이제동 - 이영호 since '07.
Camlito
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Australia4040 Posts
October 21 2009 14:08 GMT
#15
On October 21 2009 22:44 baubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2009 22:29 NovaTheFeared wrote:
- Swarm Season: Zerg is really strong now
▲ As I started to practice a lot more, I realized rather than Map Imbalance the skill level of an average zerg player increased than the average protoss player. I think protoss players should practice much much harder to deal with this issue.


Please tell me this will stop the ZvP imba!!! posts for at least a day or 2.


Stork is notorious for not being picky about maps though. The guy won't even say Tears of the Moon is unplayable for protoss... only to proceed to get owned hard in every game he played on it.


http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?type=players&id=59&part=games&vs=all&league=any&map=195&from_year=2004&from_month=9&from_day=2&to_year=2009&to_month=10&to_day=21&action=Update

Such noob opponents, how could stork even lose..
sAviOr...
Kyuki
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1867 Posts
October 21 2009 14:15 GMT
#16
On October 21 2009 22:59 Magic84 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2009 22:51 MisteR wrote:
On October 21 2009 22:26 Magic84 wrote:
- You and Jangbi’s performance really effects your team
▲ Last season Jangbi started performing worse as we reached closer to the end, but it wasn’t an issue of skill. I think we started performing worse because we lost the will to win. I think for our team to get higher in the ranking is for me to perform much better. Good news is, my mentality is back and I feel like I returned to my 2007 self.

It seems to me that Khan and Woongjin have incredible coaching problems and wasting talent. The teams need a male authority the young guys will respect, someone who can spark and encourage young guys, someone to admire greatly, good training regime, etc.


... Why male?

Should i explain the obvious? Why do you think all the ice hockey coaches are male? Even if not the head coach, but race specific coaches, anybody, the guys seem lost and disinterested on these teams.

This is extremly stupid
Mada Mada Dane
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
October 21 2009 14:16 GMT
#17
On October 21 2009 22:26 Magic84 wrote:
It seems to me that Khan and Woongjin have incredible coaching problems and wasting talent. The teams need a male authority the young guys will respect, someone who can spark and encourage young guys, someone to admire greatly, good training regime, etc.


I do admit: KHAN is looking bad right now (and really for the last 6-8 months). Yes, I'm about 80% sure that a lot of it has to do with coaching

But it's too early to hit the panic button: Considering the results January's gotten overall, I wouldn't try to tear apart KHAN's coaches too fast. Whether KHAN gets back to form really depends on how long and how well she adjusts to new RL situations - meaning she's married now. A couple new solid players wouldn't hurt either, but hey.

(As for Woongjin, they've been kind of sucky for a long time, but I have no idea of their coaching situation.)
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
October 21 2009 14:17 GMT
#18
On October 21 2009 23:08 Camlito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2009 22:44 baubo wrote:
On October 21 2009 22:29 NovaTheFeared wrote:
- Swarm Season: Zerg is really strong now
▲ As I started to practice a lot more, I realized rather than Map Imbalance the skill level of an average zerg player increased than the average protoss player. I think protoss players should practice much much harder to deal with this issue.


Please tell me this will stop the ZvP imba!!! posts for at least a day or 2.


Stork is notorious for not being picky about maps though. The guy won't even say Tears of the Moon is unplayable for protoss... only to proceed to get owned hard in every game he played on it.


Such noob opponents, how could stork even lose..


Link

Please edit your post and stop breaking layout

and don't derail this thread to sexism please
dats racist
MooCow
Profile Joined September 2008
1434 Posts
October 21 2009 14:18 GMT
#19
Thanks for the translations
Sounds like Stork might plan to retire soonish
Making history not reliving it.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
October 21 2009 14:19 GMT
#20
On October 21 2009 22:26 Magic84 wrote:
It seems to me that Khan and Woongjin have incredible coaching problems and wasting talent. The teams need a male authority the young guys will respect, someone who can spark and encourage young guys, someone to admire greatly, good training regime, etc.


Khan's non-male head coach is half the reason they pulled off a win against the innumerably hot STX, and put up a ridiculously close fight against CJ. If there's one facet of the Khan team that's pulling through, it's their coach staff for getting them favorable matchups 90% of the time.
Remember Violet.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1046
Mind 902
Larva 610
ggaemo 600
Stork 329
Leta 200
Bisu 193
PianO 169
Killer 45
Hyuk 30
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
Sexy 23
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
sorry 13
Hm[arnc] 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe205
League of Legends
JimRising 370
Reynor92
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1241
Other Games
Mew2King167
crisheroes70
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick521
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream181
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 5693
• lizZardDota2335
League of Legends
• Stunt1211
• Jankos1066
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
50m
Online Event
1h 50m
FEL
6h 50m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.