• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:56
CEST 05:56
KST 12:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8019 users

Anybody still into broodwar? - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 21 Next All
Swarmy
Profile Joined July 2008
Canada70 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 10:43:32
July 29 2010 10:42 GMT
#121
If Broodwar is really the timeless game many claim, it will survive this transition. If not, then its' skeletal remains will soon litter the boneyard of forgotten games. Maybe it will live on for a while as a shadow of its' former self, its' ghostly profile fading slowly into the mists of time as one by one, its' tiny brotherhood of diehard fans drifts away.

But those true believers out there all know the truth--because its' vigorous life-force is fuelled by that miraculous and rejuvenating creativity of the human spirit! Nay, it shall not die! It shall live on for all time as the quintessence of harmony and balance amidst chaos; the serene and elegant order within disorder; the creator and destroyer of dreams; the uncommon; the exception; the extraordinary! NAY IT SHALL LIVE!

But seriously... It's dead right?
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
July 29 2010 10:43 GMT
#122
I just sunk like 160$ into the SC2 launch, I bought the game, had to get a new headset which ran me 80$ (What can I say, my bestbuy discount is pretty good) then the game was running so bad on LOW setting even though I had a video card with 512 DDR2 (or 3?) turns out is was the shittiest nvidia ever made, a G100. Just spent another 80$ on a new video card a Radeon 5450. I can run it on max which is great. But I honestly did it for the campaign and just doing some random shit with friends.

Just like a lot of others, SCII will never take another 12 years of my life, I acknowledge its a good game hence why I spent the money but to me its going to be a casual thing, I just find BW way more fun when I actually really want to be competitive. But I am sure its going to make a great esport and congrats on blizzard for actually making a worthy follow-up to a great game.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
July 29 2010 12:44 GMT
#123
On July 29 2010 06:19 night terrors wrote:
So Iccup is now made of 90% koreans 5% peruvians and 5% assholes.

Wow, i thought it would take more time to see the switch.


you forgot me.

I think sc2 is okay, but I'll be playing bw until hell freezes over.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
Loanshark
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
China3094 Posts
July 29 2010 13:13 GMT
#124
Brood War will forever remain in the hearts and minds of this generation of gamers.

No matter how a legion of 50 post worker icon SC2 fanboys say otherwise.
No dough, no go. And no mercy.
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 13:30:59
July 29 2010 13:30 GMT
#125
On July 29 2010 06:44 PoP wrote:
I'm personally quite a bit disappointed/sad that people like Day[9] or Artosis, no matter how amazing they have been and still are for the community, have apparently completely forgotten about BW, and keep referring to it as "the old Starcraft".


What's worse is when Artosis actively tries to help to kill Brood War with his rumor-mongering over how this is going to be the last OSL. (I don't know if he's done anything else like that.)

I understand that he has been way way way more helpful to the BW community in the past than some random poster like me will ever be, but that doesn't change the fact that it just feels kind of like a betrayal.

And I really miss Day[9] dailies, as well as casts by Husky.
Chimpalimp
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1135 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 13:56:31
July 29 2010 13:53 GMT
#126
Bw rules as always. I don't mind that everyone is hopping on the SC2 train, just as long as the SC pro league, msl, and osl are still broadcasted.

O and Chill needs to calm it in his pants.
I like money. You like money too? We should hang out.
MisterKatosS
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
France352 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 14:17:30
July 29 2010 14:16 GMT
#127
after watching like 10 SC2 game it really feel like SC2 is not as good as BW when it come to watching entetainment ...

You more VOD "experienced guys" feel the same ?

(I only played 3 SC2 game on the beta but I played a lot of BW ...)
My web development company website : http://www.make-me-a-website.net My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKatoss
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
July 29 2010 14:29 GMT
#128
I will certainly be sticking with BW, I may end up purchasing SC2 out of curiosity at some point but I really doubt that it can compare to BW.

Also I find BW a lot more entertaining to watch than SC2 and it saddens me that people such as Day[9] and Artosis are now focused 100% on SC2.

I hope to god that the proscene in Korea lives on too! (I'm sure it will keep going for a number of years)
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
July 29 2010 14:38 GMT
#129
I kinda get this premonitory feeling that BW will become like some old man sport like cricket, and SC2 will be the new cool thing all the youngsters are into. Flash and Jaedong will be playing bw in a park at some old age like you'd see old men playing chess, talking in their old fashioned slang of their youth and relating grumblings about new times.
wiesel
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany727 Posts
July 29 2010 15:05 GMT
#130
Also I find BW a lot more entertaining to watch than SC2 and it saddens me that people such as Day[9] and Artosis are now focused 100% on SC2.

Money money money ....
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
July 29 2010 15:06 GMT
#131
I still play iCCup, I'm doing better than any other season lol. I plan to play SC2 as well and will probable go toward it more and more to try and get good but I still love BW and SC2 will never replace it!
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
July 29 2010 15:29 GMT
#132
On July 29 2010 10:46 3FFA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2010 04:27 Chill wrote:
My children, please fucking stop making threads about how you are pissed that Brood War is dying and so on and so forth. It's getting tiring, and my old bones ache.

Do I have your permission to make this my new quote? It made me laugh so hard lol.

And hes not pissed, hes sad ( I been playing BW and haven't stopped since the 1st beta phase ended!

edit: capitalized o in Do by accident.

I'm taking Chill's silence as a yes If you don't want me to make it my sig then just tell me Chill! Also lol@ the mcnuggets post. Made me laugh so hard.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
wiesel
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany727 Posts
July 29 2010 15:39 GMT
#133
hm there's nothing funny about chills quote?...
MapleLeafSirup
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany950 Posts
July 29 2010 16:16 GMT
#134
For me, BW is still a great game but it is not as fun anymore as it used to be the last 10 years. I have played a lot of SC2 in the beta and I love it as well. I bought it and I think I will have a lot of fun with it.
The most important thing is: Don't compare both games. Leave BW as it was, it will always be remembered as your favorite game ever. At least if you have played it for many years and are not new to the scene. Enjoy SC2 and if you feel like playing some nostalgic BW again then do this.
But BW is not forgotten anymore. Although I don't play it anymore I still love to watch VODS because they are just highly entertaining.
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
July 29 2010 16:53 GMT
#135
On July 29 2010 19:29 Iplaythings wrote:
If I see another thread like how people think BW is dying because of Artosis doesnt like BW anymore and how sc2 is gonna take over everything. I am gonna kill a kitten

My friend's cat just had 5 kittens. He is looking to give them away, and while I think he loves them I am prepared to let you take them for a very competitive price .
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
July 29 2010 16:58 GMT
#136
On July 29 2010 04:27 Chill wrote:
My children, please fucking stop making threads about how you are pissed that Brood War is dying and so on and so forth. It's getting tiring, and my old bones ache.


took the words right out of my mouth
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
July 29 2010 17:00 GMT
#137
On July 30 2010 00:05 wiesel wrote:
Show nested quote +
Also I find BW a lot more entertaining to watch than SC2 and it saddens me that people such as Day[9] and Artosis are now focused 100% on SC2.

Money money money ....

I honestly doubt money is the driving factor in anything these two have done. It's just newer and fresher.
Moderator
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 17:02:42
July 29 2010 17:01 GMT
#138
On July 30 2010 00:39 wiesel wrote:
hm there's nothing funny about chills quote?...                  German detected.

Moderator
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
July 29 2010 17:09 GMT
#139
On July 29 2010 19:29 Iplaythings wrote:
If I see another thread like how people think BW is dying because of Artosis doesnt like BW anymore and how sc2 is gonna take over everything. I am gonna kill a kitten

artosis is a dirty rat
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
July 29 2010 17:10 GMT
#140
Im still into BW and probably will always be . The day i quit BW will be the day that i quit games for good.
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 170
ProTech121
Nina 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2254
Shuttle 1320
Dewaltoss 55
Bale 51
Snow 44
Noble 37
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1051
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King308
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor528
Other Games
summit1g9950
JimRising 710
C9.Mang0311
PiGStarcraft308
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• Response 6
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo831
• Stunt183
Other Games
• Scarra763
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 4m
OSC
18h 4m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.