• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:42
CEST 00:42
KST 07:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9715 users

Pick Their Power Mafia - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 185 Next
chaos13
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada885 Posts
May 30 2011 23:31 GMT
#461
And he has a decent defense, so far at least.

Varpulis, what do you think of GMarshal?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 30 2011 23:37 GMT
#462
Wow, this game is so damn utterly fast and confusing. Does it tone down after Day 1? I hate the idea of not being to edit, so I'll just ask all my questions in one basket.

  • Does the posting speed tone down after Day 1?

  • So... how do we figure out anything on Day 1 to eventually lynch someone?

  • If saying fluffy and pointless things are bad, what are we intended to say?

  • I like kitties better than doggies D:<!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
May 30 2011 23:40 GMT
#463
Ok, I'm gonna claim.
I'm an interrogator. What is that? I can vote somebody to be lynched, and I will be allowed to exchange pm's with the person I voted for the rest of the day.
I'm going to vote Amber so I can talk to him and get to the bottom of this whole situation.
I don't see anybody else who i feel like pm'ing today to be perfectly honest.
My role is not that powerful, I am not a powerful player. Me claiming can only be good for town. Scum won't hit me(I think) because my role is far less powerful than some of the other roles currently in play. They also have far better/more experienced people to hit than me. If anyone has a problem with my claim please say so, but i feel like this is the correct decision to make at this stage.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 30 2011 23:42 GMT
#464
On May 31 2011 08:37 Torte de Lini wrote:
Wow, this game is so damn utterly fast and confusing. Does it tone down after Day 1? I hate the idea of not being to edit, so I'll just ask all my questions in one basket.

  • Does the posting speed tone down after Day 1?

  • So... how do we figure out anything on Day 1 to eventually lynch someone?

  • If saying fluffy and pointless things are bad, what are we intended to say?

  • I like kitties better than doggies D:

1.) Usually but not always. I did warn you that things move fast
2.) Day1 lynches usually degenerate into lynching inactives, however with good scumhunting its sometimes possibly to pin down and lynch mafia
3.) Things that help us find scum. Basically limit yourself to discussing things that force you to commit to and opinion on someone. For example, if you say you really think _____ is town and defend them heavaly for three days and then they flip mafia, well then we have a lead.
Moderator
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
May 30 2011 23:43 GMT
#465
On May 31 2011 06:43 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 06:42 redFF wrote:
By the way if you chose Amber's role and there is nothing in it about a post restriction say that now lol.


Once again, no talking about picks until Day 2. This will be enforced with lightning.


-_-

whole lies with a half smile
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 30 2011 23:43 GMT
#466
haha. redFF man, you're the crazy dog whisperer.

I don't see a problem with a claim, but if non-scum created his role and he's lying in an anti-town way, that shit better get smacked right away. Call the bullshit if this role aint true.

But while no one calls you, I'm gonna assume you're cool.

Can I get a fistpound bro?

#Fistpound: redFF
Computer says mafia
chaos13
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada885 Posts
May 30 2011 23:44 GMT
#467
1. Yes, with less people and more information to go on, it gets much simpler. Day 1 is usually rather messy.
2. We do our best to analyze and hope scum slip.
3. Things that will help us find scum and create a pro-town atmosphere. Call out lurkers, ask players questions/thoughts on the game or other players.

On May 31 2011 06:04 redFF wrote:
I don't actually see a point in the game where my role can be useful...

This is an example of a fluffy and pointless post. It didn't help us find scum or create positive discussion.
+ Show Spoiler +

On May 31 2011 08:23 Palmar wrote:
Woah, that bro sure got some explainin' to do.

Ya feel me? He's playing like a bitch, and not a man. Let's keep it real VarpuliS, look at these posts from early SNMMI


+ Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2011 05:19 Varpulis wrote:
Alright, just got back! Read through the thread, and from what I can gather, everybody either wants to

a) Lynch an inactive player because he might be lurking scum/ because he won't be helpful later on.

b) Wait to see how things play out.

I think we should pressure lurkers, but put the votes towards suspicious characters once we get the lurkers talking.



+ Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2011 06:27 Varpulis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 23:19 sandroba wrote:
That makes no kind of sense whatsoever. How is me saying losing townies is a bad thing makes me scum? I'm obviously town. The idea of lynching inactives is really just to make sure everyone post enough so we can get a read on them.
Also attacking the one doing analisys on you is not good town play. That's called OMGUS from what I've read. If you really are town then you should either defend yourself or make a case of someone you think is scum (a decent one, not the nonsencical one you've posted) so you can actually help town.
I also have no connection with forumite and I fail to see how you could possibly have drawn this conclusion. And to say it doesn't matter if he posted that before or after he got PM'ed is just LOL.
You are looking more and more like scum to me.

This is a scummy post. He gets defensive and says two scummy lines, which I bolded. Not sure if it's just defensive posting because Zorkmid called him scum or an actual scumtell, but it's suspicious.

I highly doubt that Forumite is scum though, so I might just be overanalysing.

Zorkmid's schtick about Forumite being scummy because he' busy over the weekend is bullshit though.


Gotta take a note, these are first two posts from that game, this aint the VarpuliS we're seein' here today, hell naw, this bro got something fishy goin' on.

He even does an analysis on a mafia, day 1, not afraid of nothin', that bro. I liked that man, he didn't take no shit from anyone


+ Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2011 08:05 Varpulis wrote:
...And as promised, here is my analysis of Shcoleosis' posts.

First post is a response to Eternalmisfit's suggestion to pressure lurkers
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 11:17 Shcoleosis wrote:
On April 15 2011 11:12 Eternalmisfit wrote:
Btw I think we should lynch people who are inactive or lurking the boards as it is more likely that they are trying to stay under and radar and avoid suspicion on themselves by barely posting at all.

Yeah, that seem logical. We don't want to kill innocent townies, though...It's the mafia we want gone! I highly doubt any mafia would be lurking or inactive when they have chances to kill. But who am I to say...I'm still learning :/

This bolded line is not scummy, it's just stupid. Mafia doesn't kill by talking, they kill by pm'ing GMarshal at night. Mafia needs to avoid drawing attention to itself to prevent themselves from getting lynched. This post in general is pretty worthless, ending with a line that is... strange.
Show nested quote +
But who am I to say...I'm still learning :/

This is the first scumtell I can see. She basically says "don't listen to me, i'm new." Townies need to talk and be listened to, not ignored because this is their first game. Only mafia and blues benefit from being ignored, so unless he roleclaims, lets assume scum.

Second post comes a little bit later. the post reads:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 11:41 Shcoleosis wrote:
I'm sure getting rid of the inactive would make the lynching process easier, but I can't help but question the idea of getting rid of people unnecessarily. I'm thinking about it more, and I'm realizing that there's a chance the one we lynch is scum and there's also a chance that he or she might not be scum....no way to tell right now. Hopefully we'll get lucky.

This is a post which blends in. It says practically nothing, but appears to be a contribution. Blending in is not something a townie needs to do. +1 scum level.

Finally, we've got lucky number 3:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 13:01 Shcoleosis wrote:
On April 15 2011 12:40 Zorkmid wrote:
On April 15 2011 11:41 Shcoleosis wrote:
I'm sure getting rid of the inactive would make the lynching process easier, but I can't help but question the idea of getting rid of people unnecessarily. I'm thinking about it more, and I'm realizing that there's a chance the one we lynch is scum and there's also a chance that he or she might not be scum....no way to tell right now. Hopefully we'll get lucky.


Why are you trying to protect inactives? Either they're not helping to scumhunt, or they are mafia. Let's hang em all !

Not trying to protect the inactive. I guess I just didn't really understand your logic well. But, hey, if it takes lynching the inactive to get rid of the scum, LET'S DO THIS! Lol

Here, Shcoleosis basically says: "you seem to disagree with me... fine, you're right!" Agreeing with everybody else is something that two kinds of players do:
-unhelpful townies -because they're just being sheep
-mafia -because they're trying to blend in
I don't want either in my town come lategame.

Based off of this analysis, I'd like to start putting some pressure on Shcoleosis. Until a better target surfaces or she comes up with some good posts later on, I'll put my vote on her.

## Vote Shcoleosis



But now, compare it to the worthlessness that is VarpuliS this game:

Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 05:23 Varpulis wrote:
On May 31 2011 05:22 chaos13 wrote:
On May 31 2011 05:15 Mataza wrote:
Wait, how does Traitor even fit my initial description.

Town hates traitors and I can´t imagine people getting traitor being unsatisfied, no?
It is the exact opposite!


Mole?

I'm guessing something to do with either an alignment switch or an alternative win condition.




Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 05:35 Varpulis wrote:
I think that we should claim not who we designed the role for, but what purpose the role has. This doesn't put the person with the role in any danger, and gives us a rough idea of what we have to work with. It could be as simple as

[ ] KP
[ ] Information
[ ] survivability (extra lives)
[ ] unlisted

check all that apply.

That's vague enough that nobody should be able to tell that they got the role that you're pointing out, but specific enough to be useful. I for one would like to know how many roles with DTesque powers there are.

thoughts?



Silly idea from a silly man, we don't want to tell the mafia what kind of roles we designed, we don't need to give mafia info to work with man...


Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 05:43 Varpulis wrote:
My plan could get fucked up bigtime by scum fake claiming, just like any other. I think that it's a better alternative to sandroba's plan, which I don't like.

Why don't we ditch them both? Neither is very good, I think. Later on, they could be more useful. Until crazy shit starts happening, i'm going to treat this like we're all vanilla, like Palmar suggested.


Here he's just backing off cause y'know, this VarpuliS aint got no balls, now he just afraid like a little bitch.

Then he goes on and tries to communicate with the dog for a while, that's just silly derailing, I ain't buying that shit.

And then man, the worst of all...


Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 08:05 Varpulis wrote:
I'm always a bit lost day 1, bum.

About the Zodiac lists: At this point they just seem to be lists of strong vets, and I don't know you guys well enough to make an informed list. BC has looked pro-town, as have you. Not really sure who else. Sandroba, maybe. he's proven to be a good player, and his posts have been mostly good, barring the claiming plan.

I'd like to know why specifically kita is voting for me. Is it because of my bad posting? I'll try to work on that. Specifically, I'm going to be quiet, because I'm not really sure what to do.

what does NoC stand for?


A goddamn excuse? A real man, a man that aint got nothin' to hide just sticks to his guns and grabs his balls of steel and says, yo, look, I'm smarter than you bro, so just shut up.

No, this bro aint no baller, this bro is a damn scum.




This is an example of a good post. Not only did it discuss and analyze a player to help provide input from multiple players (which is always a good thing), it started further discussion.
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 30 2011 23:44 GMT
#468
On May 31 2011 08:23 Palmar wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [post] +
Woah, that bro sure got some explainin' to do.

Ya feel me? He's playing like a bitch, and not a man. Let's keep it real VarpuliS, look at these posts from early SNMMI


+ Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2011 05:19 Varpulis wrote:
Alright, just got back! Read through the thread, and from what I can gather, everybody either wants to

a) Lynch an inactive player because he might be lurking scum/ because he won't be helpful later on.

b) Wait to see how things play out.

I think we should pressure lurkers, but put the votes towards suspicious characters once we get the lurkers talking.



+ Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2011 06:27 Varpulis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 23:19 sandroba wrote:
That makes no kind of sense whatsoever. How is me saying losing townies is a bad thing makes me scum? I'm obviously town. The idea of lynching inactives is really just to make sure everyone post enough so we can get a read on them.
Also attacking the one doing analisys on you is not good town play. That's called OMGUS from what I've read. If you really are town then you should either defend yourself or make a case of someone you think is scum (a decent one, not the nonsencical one you've posted) so you can actually help town.
I also have no connection with forumite and I fail to see how you could possibly have drawn this conclusion. And to say it doesn't matter if he posted that before or after he got PM'ed is just LOL.
You are looking more and more like scum to me.

This is a scummy post. He gets defensive and says two scummy lines, which I bolded. Not sure if it's just defensive posting because Zorkmid called him scum or an actual scumtell, but it's suspicious.

I highly doubt that Forumite is scum though, so I might just be overanalysing.

Zorkmid's schtick about Forumite being scummy because he' busy over the weekend is bullshit though.


Gotta take a note, these are first two posts from that game, this aint the VarpuliS we're seein' here today, hell naw, this bro got something fishy goin' on.

He even does an analysis on a mafia, day 1, not afraid of nothin', that bro. I liked that man, he didn't take no shit from anyone


+ Show Spoiler +
On April 16 2011 08:05 Varpulis wrote:
...And as promised, here is my analysis of Shcoleosis' posts.

First post is a response to Eternalmisfit's suggestion to pressure lurkers
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 11:17 Shcoleosis wrote:
On April 15 2011 11:12 Eternalmisfit wrote:
Btw I think we should lynch people who are inactive or lurking the boards as it is more likely that they are trying to stay under and radar and avoid suspicion on themselves by barely posting at all.

Yeah, that seem logical. We don't want to kill innocent townies, though...It's the mafia we want gone! I highly doubt any mafia would be lurking or inactive when they have chances to kill. But who am I to say...I'm still learning :/

This bolded line is not scummy, it's just stupid. Mafia doesn't kill by talking, they kill by pm'ing GMarshal at night. Mafia needs to avoid drawing attention to itself to prevent themselves from getting lynched. This post in general is pretty worthless, ending with a line that is... strange.
Show nested quote +
But who am I to say...I'm still learning :/

This is the first scumtell I can see. She basically says "don't listen to me, i'm new." Townies need to talk and be listened to, not ignored because this is their first game. Only mafia and blues benefit from being ignored, so unless he roleclaims, lets assume scum.

Second post comes a little bit later. the post reads:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 11:41 Shcoleosis wrote:
I'm sure getting rid of the inactive would make the lynching process easier, but I can't help but question the idea of getting rid of people unnecessarily. I'm thinking about it more, and I'm realizing that there's a chance the one we lynch is scum and there's also a chance that he or she might not be scum....no way to tell right now. Hopefully we'll get lucky.

This is a post which blends in. It says practically nothing, but appears to be a contribution. Blending in is not something a townie needs to do. +1 scum level.

Finally, we've got lucky number 3:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 13:01 Shcoleosis wrote:
On April 15 2011 12:40 Zorkmid wrote:
On April 15 2011 11:41 Shcoleosis wrote:
I'm sure getting rid of the inactive would make the lynching process easier, but I can't help but question the idea of getting rid of people unnecessarily. I'm thinking about it more, and I'm realizing that there's a chance the one we lynch is scum and there's also a chance that he or she might not be scum....no way to tell right now. Hopefully we'll get lucky.


Why are you trying to protect inactives? Either they're not helping to scumhunt, or they are mafia. Let's hang em all !

Not trying to protect the inactive. I guess I just didn't really understand your logic well. But, hey, if it takes lynching the inactive to get rid of the scum, LET'S DO THIS! Lol

Here, Shcoleosis basically says: "you seem to disagree with me... fine, you're right!" Agreeing with everybody else is something that two kinds of players do:
-unhelpful townies -because they're just being sheep
-mafia -because they're trying to blend in
I don't want either in my town come lategame.

Based off of this analysis, I'd like to start putting some pressure on Shcoleosis. Until a better target surfaces or she comes up with some good posts later on, I'll put my vote on her.

## Vote Shcoleosis



But now, compare it to the worthlessness that is VarpuliS this game:

On May 31 2011 05:23 Varpulis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 05:22 chaos13 wrote:
On May 31 2011 05:15 Mataza wrote:
Wait, how does Traitor even fit my initial description.

Town hates traitors and I can´t imagine people getting traitor being unsatisfied, no?
It is the exact opposite!


Mole?

I'm guessing something to do with either an alignment switch or an alternative win condition.




On May 31 2011 05:35 Varpulis wrote:
I think that we should claim not who we designed the role for, but what purpose the role has. This doesn't put the person with the role in any danger, and gives us a rough idea of what we have to work with. It could be as simple as

[ ] KP
[ ] Information
[ ] survivability (extra lives)
[ ] unlisted

check all that apply.

That's vague enough that nobody should be able to tell that they got the role that you're pointing out, but specific enough to be useful. I for one would like to know how many roles with DTesque powers there are.

thoughts?



Silly idea from a silly man, we don't want to tell the mafia what kind of roles we designed, we don't need to give mafia info to work with man...


On May 31 2011 05:43 Varpulis wrote:
My plan could get fucked up bigtime by scum fake claiming, just like any other. I think that it's a better alternative to sandroba's plan, which I don't like.

Why don't we ditch them both? Neither is very good, I think. Later on, they could be more useful. Until crazy shit starts happening, i'm going to treat this like we're all vanilla, like Palmar suggested.


Here he's just backing off cause y'know, this VarpuliS aint got no balls, now he just afraid like a little bitch.

Then he goes on and tries to communicate with the dog for a while, that's just silly derailing, I ain't buying that shit.

And then man, the worst of all...


On May 31 2011 08:05 Varpulis wrote:
I'm always a bit lost day 1, bum.

About the Zodiac lists: At this point they just seem to be lists of strong vets, and I don't know you guys well enough to make an informed list. BC has looked pro-town, as have you. Not really sure who else. Sandroba, maybe. he's proven to be a good player, and his posts have been mostly good, barring the claiming plan.

I'd like to know why specifically kita is voting for me. Is it because of my bad posting? I'll try to work on that. Specifically, I'm going to be quiet, because I'm not really sure what to do.

what does NoC stand for?


A goddamn excuse? A real man, a man that aint got nothin' to hide just sticks to his guns and grabs his balls of steel and says, yo, look, I'm smarter than you bro, so just shut up.

No, this bro aint no baller, this bro is a damn scum.


Different circumstances, man! a nine man game where the scum slips easily, there are no experienced players, and the only thing to talk about is whether or not we should policy lynch lurkers is way different from a 30 man game where everybody's got a batshit insane role and are discussing roleclaims and zodiac lists (which I had never heard of).

This is the most vet-filled and spammy game I've played in so far. With all the talk about amber and zodiac lists, I can't find any real scumtells yet. So yes, I'm being less assertive. Does that mean I'm scum? no.

oh, btw, loving the WifoM on whether I'm scum based on a joke in the beginning of the game. Coming back to bite me now, aint it?
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
May 30 2011 23:45 GMT
#469
I figured out a way i could be useful chaos btw.
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 30 2011 23:49 GMT
#470
About GMarshal: he seems fairly pro-town. His posts are on topic, and anything but filled with fluff. He's been both active and helpful.
On May 31 2011 07:20 GMarshal wrote:
I agree with Palmar, we are done discussing roles. We have ten pages of stuff to work with at this point, so let me ask some questions.

Who does everyone think is most likely to be town. from their posts alone?
Who hasn't posted yet who you would have expected to post?

This post especially makes me think that he's town. It encourages discussion, posting opinions, and keeps us on-topic.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
Eternalmisfit
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States643 Posts
May 30 2011 23:49 GMT
#471
On May 31 2011 08:40 redFF wrote:
Ok, I'm gonna claim.
I'm an interrogator. What is that? I can vote somebody to be lynched, and I will be allowed to exchange pm's with the person I voted for the rest of the day.
I'm going to vote Amber so I can talk to him and get to the bottom of this whole situation.
I don't see anybody else who i feel like pm'ing today to be perfectly honest.
My role is not that powerful, I am not a powerful player. Me claiming can only be good for town. Scum won't hit me(I think) because my role is far less powerful than some of the other roles currently in play. They also have far better/more experienced people to hit than me. If anyone has a problem with my claim please say so, but i feel like this is the correct decision to make at this stage.


If it is true, it is a really bad role claim. I can think of multiple situations where this role can be rather powerful. Even in the case you wanted to talk to Amber, I don't think you should have role-claimed.

Well, what's done is done. I hope you do not get hit by lightning and no one else follows suit in pointless role-claims. :|


Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
May 30 2011 23:51 GMT
#472
On May 31 2011 08:28 Varpulis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 08:12 bumatlarge wrote:
On May 31 2011 08:05 Varpulis wrote:
I'm always a bit lost day 1, bum.

About the Zodiac lists: At this point they just seem to be lists of strong vets, and I don't know you guys well enough to make an informed list. BC has looked pro-town, as have you. Not really sure who else. Sandroba, maybe. he's proven to be a good player, and his posts have been mostly good, barring the claiming plan.

I'd like to know why specifically kita is voting for me. Is it because of my bad posting? I'll try to work on that. Specifically, I'm going to be quiet, because I'm not really sure what to do.

what does NoC stand for?


You're getting accused of fluffy posting. Defend your ideas mostly or accept your fate! I'm not saying you are making bad posts, I'm seeing them as intentionally inflated to make it look like your saying something. Kita didn't explain his vote which he should. If someone votes for you without putting reasons, ignore them.

Alright, let me summarize what I've been saying:
  • Don't start shooting early. I don't want townies to die needlessly because the vigi or vigi type role doesn't like them. Wait for evidence. Simple enough
  • I support LAL. I think that unless you've got a damn good reason to make something up, don't. If somebody claims without a good reason, we check him, and lynch/vigi him if he's lying. I really don't see a problem with this. There will obviously be exceptions, but I think LAL is a good guideline.
  • I like the Zodiac lists, but am not qualified to make them/comment on them because i'm not familiar with most of the players
  • Bum and BC have been pro town, because of their efforts to add order and keep the town on track. Following that logic, I'd add sandroba and now kita to the list. Kita has experience and is attempting to keep the thread clean. Sandroba has shown strong play in the games I've played with him.

The rest of my posts are either about a bad plan that I've abandoned or Amber.


*grrr.....*
*grrr.....*
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 30 2011 23:53 GMT
#473
ya, look at this, even doggy is angry.

Amber bro, you got me hangin' on that #pawpound, don't leave me
Computer says mafia
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
May 30 2011 23:54 GMT
#474
On May 31 2011 07:19 hiro protagonist wrote:
@Amber

*grrrr...*--->"no"
*wiggles his tail*---> "yes"

Is the above correct?

*sniff sniff...*
*woof*
*barks loudly*
*growls*

does one of these mean you suspect scum?

*whines sadly*
*lies down*

not sure about these... now for the most important question, am I going about this in the right way?


Amber: can you answer these questions for me
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 30 2011 23:56 GMT
#475
On May 31 2011 08:29 tnkted wrote:
This varp wagon is a bad lynch. Look, he came up with a plan... it might be a stupid plan but thats seriously more effort than anyone else has put forward.


Deflecting without giving an alternative. Check!
Together but separate, like oatmeal
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
May 31 2011 00:06 GMT
#476
On May 31 2011 08:56 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 08:29 tnkted wrote:
This varp wagon is a bad lynch. Look, he came up with a plan... it might be a stupid plan but thats seriously more effort than anyone else has put forward.


Deflecting without giving an alternative. Check!


Lol, ok, fair enough.

I think we need to set up a system of balances in this game. The chances of the mafia being unlucky enough to have given each others roles is very slim. Therefore I propose this:

If somebody claims in the thread, whoever gave that role needs to look at the claim carefully. If it lies or is an entirely different role, announce you gave that person the role in the thread. This way we can catch fakeclaims.

However, this won't be very effective later in the game because the people who gave the roles will be dead, and the possibility of fakeclaiming will be much less likely.

For example, I'm much more inclined to trust redff1's roleclaim if nobody claims today... since everybody will read it and the real person who gave Red's role will undoubtedly counterclaim.

tldr; if your person claims a fake role in thread, say so. otherwise stfu and let them be.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
May 31 2011 00:09 GMT
#477
On May 31 2011 08:26 Eternalmisfit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 08:08 kitaman27 wrote:
On May 31 2011 07:36 kitaman27 wrote:
This thread is already way too spammy.

We don't need 5 pages discussing Amber's dog noises.

We don't need any further discussion of this "zodiac list" which allows people to post without contributing.

k thx.


Next person that posts a list gets lynched.


Care to explain why you think that the zodiac lists are bad? I also find it interesting that you complain about spam while the entirety of your posting in this thread is fluff.


I already did. They are just lists of players who have played the most games. A couple are fine, but we don't need all 30 players making a list without posting content.

@tnkted, you still didn't provide an alternative. Also, your plan is common sense.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
May 31 2011 00:10 GMT
#478
@tnkted

Nobody is gonna claim that they gave redFF his role today or else they might just suffer the wrath of Zeus. This game is pretty crazy but I think that everybody might be very confused. Nobody's got a clear picture of the game, they only know how crazy their own role is and how crazy a role they gave to somebody.

And what is this system really going to accomplish? Can't people just say "he's is fake roleclaiming" instead of saying this in a predetermined semi-convoluted way?
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 31 2011 00:10 GMT
#479
deconduo already stated that you can't claim picks until day 2. If I gave redff a cat whispering role instead, I could call him a liar, but I couldnt say it was because i gave him that role. Fairly ambiguous, but I think we all know where the line is there.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 31 2011 00:11 GMT
#480
Oh and redff reminded me, masons! MASON ME PLOX <3<3<3
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 185 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O140
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason115
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1108
ZZZero.O 140
Bale 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm116
League of Legends
Doublelift5179
JimRising 674
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6849
Other Games
summit1g8861
FrodaN2785
KnowMe201
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1011
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
18m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 18m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.