• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9766 users

Brothers, blogger, and boyfriends - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Servius_Fulvius
Profile Joined August 2009
United States947 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-15 03:59:47
June 15 2011 03:56 GMT
#21
On June 15 2011 12:37 Lysenko wrote:
Like one of the previous posters said, there is a scale, and probably a pretty broad one. You don't necessarily need to rush to slap a label on yourself unless it feels like the right choice to make. Many people do just because they're pretty certain how they feel about it, but that's not the only way to approach it.


I had a friend several years ago who came out as bisexual. In her 'coming out' one of the things she did was talk to a priest. She described how she threw the label on herself because she was attracted to some girls and felt it was right. The priest then surprised her by stating that sexuality was a lot less black and white than people make it seem and that "no one is 100% of anything".

That's how my ex-girlfriend was, too. She came out as bisexual 6 months before we met. She said she was attracted to girls, but besides making out with a few of them at parties it went nowhere. Shortly after breaking up she dated a lesbian for a couple of weeks, but that essentially went nowhere and she wound up with another guy a month later. Sometimes I wondered if she called herself bisexual for the attention, but there were times where she seemed to have the genuine desire.

Funny story: I went out of town about 5 weeks after we started dating. It was the first time we'd been apart for a single night, let alone several days. I got a text message the second night saying she was drunk at a party and wanted to kiss a female friend to prove a point. While some guys would scream "JACKPOT!" part of it didn't feel right. I mean, we're both attracted to women, but if I acted on it then I would be cheating, so I told her I wasn't comfortable with the idea. She complained, so out of nowhere I think up a GENIUS compromise: You can make out with any girl you want, but that means I get to make out with her right after you!
Aqueos
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States41 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-15 04:05:06
June 15 2011 04:00 GMT
#22
On June 15 2011 12:44 Servius_Fulvius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2011 12:18 Aqueos wrote:
It is. On the other hand, most gay guys don't even have a boyfriend till after college, so in that regard I'm lucky. Even though there might be a gay sitting seats from you, you'd have to know, or be attracted to each other to the point of insanity to have a relationship spring up. Its easier to stay in a closet. But then you're stuck in a closet.


Where did you get THAT statistic?! When you move away from home you tend to let a lot of things slip - hiding your sexuality tends to be one of them. I worked in a freshman (in college) hall for years and without fail no less than 5 people were out of the closet very soon into college life. Sure, there are plenty who wait a while, and some come out to a few people and keep the rest quiet. It all depends on the atmosphere, really. I was in Michigan for undergrad and the general consensus was very accepting. Now I'm in grad school in Louisiana and it is a lot less so. Still, I'm hard-pressed to think of any of my gay or lesbian friends that didn't date someone in college, but I guess it depends on the area, availability of singles, etc.

I was going to originally comment on how your "relationship" sounds like a bunch of hormone-crazed middle schoolers going at each other when their parents aren't home. And then I saw your age and realized that this is probably closer to the truth. Maturity is perhaps too much to ask of a 14-year-old (and yes, both parties need this trait), so you're probably doomed to have the thing fizzle out or explode. When it all comes down to it - have fun, be safe, and don't do anything stupid!

I meant during sorry. I was going to write till after high school, but I decided during college was a better way to put it. And yup thats what it is. Though ummm thats what I've predicted as well. I am desperately trying to avoid stupid, while he kinda forces it upon me. But raging hormones don't make resisting him easy. I'd say its only a relationship because... well that's about as close as I've been able to get.

On June 15 2011 12:37 Lysenko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2011 12:08 itachisan wrote:
wait, how exactly does someone know they are gay? (serious question)
Do they look at guys and are aroused? And no temptations when looking at girls?


Many of my gay friends describe having that experience. Of course, there are also people who are straight-leaning bisexuals who have a strong attraction to someone of the same sex once in a while but not as a rule.

Like one of the previous posters said, there is a scale, and probably a pretty broad one. You don't necessarily need to rush to slap a label on yourself unless it feels like the right choice to make. Many people do just because they're pretty certain how they feel about it, but that's not the only way to approach it.

Edit: For the OP, the most important thing is that you recognize that your friend may have no clue where he is on that spectrum. I'd say it's valuable to give him space to decide without pushing him to declare where he stands to his family, or, for that matter, to you.

I have a good female friend who fell in love with a lesbian woman in college -- their relationship went from experimentation to a committed thing, and they wound up married (no, not legally, but they did have a ceremony attended by their friends and their families, and they made a commitment.) They were very close and for a long time it went quite well.

Several years later, they broke up, and my friend wound up dating and then marrying a man with whom we went to college. They just had their first child.

My point being, to this day (and she's in her late 30s) she's never felt like committing, within herself, to be gay or straight for life was a meaningful choice to make. She's made her choices based on her emotional connections and what worked for her.

Hope that helps a little bit to put things in perspective. Bottom line is: best thing you can do for your friend is to accept him however he wants to be. That might change over the short or long term. For yourself, I'd prepare yourself for a recognition that he may make choices that don't line up with your desires or interests, and decide how much you can accept that.

Edit 2: Your comment that you don't quite believe him when he says he's bisexual is a common reaction, but what you need to understand is that people, particularly men, who are bisexual hear that all the time, from gay and straight people. There's a presumption that bisexual men are just not yet ready to admit that they're gay, and it's an unsupportive and ultimately probably harmful attitude that they get from pretty much everyone.

I should really. And I should stop slapping labels on myself. The main reason I'm kind of keen to do is the reaction from most wouldn't exist. Most people think I'm gay to begin with, so I'd probably get a I told you so and nothing more.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
June 15 2011 04:06 GMT
#23
Get out.
Moderator
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft79
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 96
PiGStarcraft79
ViBE77
SpeCial 25
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 174
Hyuk 65
Noble 56
NaDa 36
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
Doublelift4653
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox249
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4956
Khaldor666
Other Games
summit1g8125
FrodaN1882
Coldzera 795
shahzam496
JimRising 366
C9.Mang0271
KnowMe220
ZombieGrub76
ArmadaUGS62
Mew2King57
Trikslyr41
PPMD34
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick645
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH361
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21463
Other Games
• imaqtpie779
• Shiphtur165
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 40m
Online Event
11h 40m
FEL
16h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.