• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:15
CEST 14:15
KST 21:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9158 users

Apologies for Incorrect Information - Page 14

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 24 Next All
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
January 20 2012 10:09 GMT
#261
As many people already said, this doesn't change much anyway
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
Clefairy
Profile Joined September 2011
1570 Posts
January 20 2012 10:10 GMT
#262
KillerShin
I initially intended on just sitting on the sidelines, but I know how it feels to be the victim of a witch hunt like what that person (Coach Lee) is currently going through so I'm writing this. I hope people would realize that the post written about that person is full of misunderstandings and the truth has been distorted. I can bet my pitiful gamer life that that person is not like that.



Killer was also the victim of a witch hunt when people accused him of being part of the match fixing scandal. That's what he means in the first sentence.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
January 20 2012 10:13 GMT
#263
On January 20 2012 19:10 Clefairy wrote:
KillerShin
I initially intended on just sitting on the sidelines, but I know how it feels to be the victim of a witch hunt like what that person (Coach Lee) is currently going through so I'm writing this. I hope people would realize that the post written about that person is full of misunderstandings and the truth has been distorted. I can bet my pitiful gamer life that that person is not like that.

https://twitter.com/#!/KillerShin/status/160300493686587392

Killer was also the victim of a witch hunt when people accused him of being part of the match fixing scandal. That's what he means in the first sentence.

That's why I was doubtful of the claims, despite the fact that Sangho left the team. He was adamantly behind Coach Lee following the Puma scandal and the subsequent Fruitdealer and Trickster accusations.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 10:18:27
January 20 2012 10:15 GMT
#264
On January 20 2012 19:10 Clefairy wrote:
KillerShin
I initially intended on just sitting on the sidelines, but I know how it feels to be the victim of a witch hunt like what that person (Coach Lee) is currently going through so I'm writing this. I hope people would realize that the post written about that person is full of misunderstandings and the truth has been distorted. I can bet my pitiful gamer life that that person is not like that.

https://twitter.com/#!/KillerShin/status/160300493686587392

Killer was also the victim of a witch hunt when people accused him of being part of the match fixing scandal. That's what he means in the first sentence.

it think Sangho would be a more reliable source. Need more opinion of people from the Korean's pro scene.
Edit: Sangho has a 2nd twitt about it i think (google translate), some one translate it plss
I hate all this singing
YipMan
Profile Joined April 2011
372 Posts
January 20 2012 10:17 GMT
#265
On January 20 2012 16:13 GreyKnight wrote:
this fiasco shows more about how this community is a dog on a leash than coach lee being a hypocrite


I second this. I don't take sides here, but this discussion is a farce. Because somebody is more respected than others he does not need to bring up any sources for his theories? I don't get that logic.

There has to be something between scientific work and babblemouthing.

*sings* "I heard it through the grapevine..."
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
Clefairy
Profile Joined September 2011
1570 Posts
January 20 2012 10:18 GMT
#266
KillerShin
When everyone curses you, you eventually get used to it. However, for that person's friends and family it feels like being stabbed in the heart. Even if you can take the cursing, it's impossible to take in the sight of friends and family suffering because of it. Please refrain from one sided criticism and cursing.

GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
January 20 2012 10:18 GMT
#267
Killer wrote a follow up tweet, translation please?
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
January 20 2012 10:20 GMT
#268
On January 20 2012 19:10 Clefairy wrote:
KillerShin
I initially intended on just sitting on the sidelines, but I know how it feels to be the victim of a witch hunt like what that person (Coach Lee) is currently going through so I'm writing this. I hope people would realize that the post written about that person is full of misunderstandings and the truth has been distorted. I can bet my pitiful gamer life that that person is not like that.

https://twitter.com/#!/KillerShin/status/160300493686587392

Killer was also the victim of a witch hunt when people accused him of being part of the match fixing scandal. That's what he means in the first sentence.


Killer offers another side to the story. Obviously should be taken into consideration as it adds more detail to the situation. Lee is still at a heavy disadvantage so we'll have to wait for more details.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
Deleuze
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom2102 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 10:26:53
January 20 2012 10:23 GMT
#269
On January 20 2012 15:17 Chill wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2012 15:01 getSome[703] wrote:
Good post. Glad you are owning up to it.

However, I really didn't like that Chill basically said in the last post: "if you disagree with rekrul but have no evidence it is a bannable offense." Some of the stuff you said in that post really did seem over the top, and a lot of people called you out on it but were for the most part shouted down by moderators and forum vets. Yeah you do provide a lot of inside information.. but even a little research would have shown that some of your info was incorrect (Coach Lee wasn't desperate or whatever - I remember someone pointing to a link that said he ran a pc bang or something).

Also, I think it was a poor choice to delete the thread because now all the posts of the warnings/bans given for no reason are gone and everything I am quoting is from memory. I guess it is in the interest of the TL staff/you, but still kinda shady imo.

Edit:
Show nested quote +
Edit: having TL delete the entire thread as it is too libelous.


It definitely would have been better to put a disclaimer "THIS INFORMATION IS INCORRECT" at the top of the thread or something and lock it, with a link to this thread.

Yea well I didn't like that Rekrul said bullshit. WTF rekrul?

Edit: I can't overturn bans (only admins can) but they should obviously all be reversed.

Edit 2: It's not something I typically do. Just trusted Rekrul since he has a 100% success rate previous to this. People with no history here won't understand it and it's easy to say told you so. Anyways, sorry about that.


Fair play to Chill, can't fault him on that. I hope this horrible situation a dies a very quick death, no matter how terrible Coach Lee is I don't want to see the integrity of TL.net damaged.

Virgil, seems to be one of the few winners to come out of this mess:

+ Show Spoiler +
On January 20 2012 15:09 VirgilSC2 wrote:
I had intended this to be a blog, but apparently this didn't belong in the blogs section and in here instead.

I'm writing this mostly for myself, as I'd like to express my thoughts on the entire situation in some form, however I've been asked by a few people to share my views as I've been one of the more vocal TSL supporters on the site as of late. Don't expect this to be thoroughly proofread as my news posts are, as I want to spill words out and then be done with it. As a friend, the entire situation has not only shaken my views on Coach Lee as a person, but as a leader as well.

That being said, it's not hard to know I'm a big TSL fan and supporter if you spend a decent amount of time around here. I tend to pride myself on knowing many things about the TSL team, and it was very considerate of Coach Lee to allow me to be the one releasing things to the public. As I am not a speaker of the Korean language however, I should have realized that the information I received was not only limited by the amount of interaction between the two languages, but by professionalism as well. I constantly got updates behind the scenes on my favorite team, sure, but I was a little blinded simply by the nature of our interaction. With the recent revelation by Rekrul, which I have no reason to believe is false, and no evidence pointing to the contrary, my whole view on TSL, not as a team of players, but as a group held together by what I once thought was the infallible Coach Lee has been shaken at the foundation.

When I at first heard news that there was a possibility of a partnership between Fnatic and TSL, I was very excited. It would mean that I might have a chance to see more of my favorite players at international events as well as helping the team bolster it's already weakened roster. I was happy to see Rain back in the TSL house, training for the Code A qualifiers and things seemed to be going well. Shortly thereafter, I was privileged enough to learn the identity of a new TSL player, which excited me very much for the upcoming GSTL, so much that I penned a BroodWar-esque hype thread for TSL. Mere hours after I had written it, however, the clouds began to darken as news was passed to me about the situation involving the Fnatic translator and the failure of the TSL/Fnatic partnership. At this point I think it's important to remind you that my information all came from the TSL side of things, and as a fan I was extremely angry and disappointed with Fnatic. In the same timespan, I also found out about Fnatic signing Moon, and while I was happy that Moon had finally found a team for Starcraft 2, I was upset that it was Fnatic, as I felt I could no longer support anyone from the organization including players.

Fast forward a few days, and the Fnatic hype video for Moon is revealed and I did an extremely rash and unprofessional thing confirming not only that the player in question WAS Moon, but also that aLive had left for Fnatic (keep in mind I only had the TSL information at this point). After Fnatics announcement of Moon, many people began to doubt my information (despite the fact that by then aLive's name had been removed from the TSL roster and his Twitter had changed). I knew it was only a matter of time before someone spoke out at the aLive/TSL/Fnatic debacle. I happened to be sitting at my computer as the news broke, and spent the next few hours fiercely defending my friend from other forum-goers. I even went as far as to insinuate that ToD, a Fnatic player, was misinformed and that Fnatic had, in fact, wronged TSL. Shortly thereafter, Fnatic released their statement, and while somewhat vaguely worded, it began to call into question my belief in the information I had received.

Shortly after , I received news (not from Coach Lee, but a source that will remain anonymous) that another TSL Player, Heart had left the team. This has since been refuted by Coach Lee, but he has not been able to clarify the situation, or why the e-mail I had seen would exist. Furthermore, upon discussion with other forum-goers someone on TeamLiquid told me to "update my signature" as Heart had also left the team (something I did not think should have been released publicly at the time). I kept acting to defend Coach Lee, as more and more people began to harshly criticize him and say hurtful things about my friend which I knew he was silently reading. I went to sleep last night slightly depressed about the whole situation.

I woke up this morning, and came across Rekrul's revelation about the situation involving Coach Lee, oGsSpunky, TesteR and Fruitdealer. I will say that never have I been that speechless in my life. Knowing Rekrul to be an extremely reliable source, I was not only extremely shocked that the Coach Lee I knew could do something like that, but also continue to act as he did in situations like the PuMa/EG deal and this current debacle. I could perhaps have fully understood if the situation had occurred and Coach Lee perhaps repented and changed his ways, but the more I looked at it, and analyzed it I couldn't force myself to believe he had.

I would like to first apologize to anyone I may have offended with comments regarding TSL and/or their remarks about Coach Lee. I don't think I said anything particularly insulting, but if I did, I apologize. Furthermore, I would also like to state that I'm not turning against my friend Coach Lee. Perhaps TT1 and I have different views on life, but I never think it's a good idea to give anyone the "blackbook 4 life" treatment. I am certainly willing to give him a second chance should he accept responsibility for what he may or may not have done, and I think the community should be willing to do the same.

On another note, this has been an eye-opening experience to me. Recently, I have taken on a very public and official role as a Team Manager, and I have realized that when trying to interface with the community in a professional way, there's not room to also have super-fanboyish tendencies. While I will still cheer for my favorite players from the team, I won't be expressing it nearly as much or as often simply because I plan to busy myself with other facets of eSports. As such, in the future I will not only be working harder to better my own team, and help my own extremely talented and hard-working players succeed, but to also bring more content from my contacts in the Korean scene to the foreign eye. I hope you will all join me in supporting my players at Team Clash in the times to come.

Thanks for reading,
Virgil



Edit: spelling (Couch Lee anyone?)
“An image of thought called philosophy has been formed historically and it effectively stops people from thinking.” ― Gilles Deleuze, Dialogues II
Deleuze
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom2102 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 10:26:24
January 20 2012 10:26 GMT
#270
Double post
“An image of thought called philosophy has been formed historically and it effectively stops people from thinking.” ― Gilles Deleuze, Dialogues II
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 11:22:24
January 20 2012 10:29 GMT
#271
nvm missed something
Stork[gm]
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
January 20 2012 10:36 GMT
#272
Ah, I should stop reading all the TL forums for a while... Always something new every day.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Full.tilt
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom1709 Posts
January 20 2012 10:37 GMT
#273
That thread was hilarious, I assumed it was all to bait some ridiculous replies out of some TL users and referred to that in my reply. Just like a typical Rekrul post you need to read between the lines.
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 10:48:52
January 20 2012 10:39 GMT
#274
hopefully Sangho, who was directly involved with Coach Lee, can give us some correct details, instead of someone who admittedly heard "through the grapevine" with lots of hate

And I seriously dont see what karma has to do with the situation here. So Lee was bad, he poached FD/Tester, he got what he deserved. But that doesnt mean hes not allowed to voice his disagreement if EG/aLive were supposedly in the wrong.
Vul
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States685 Posts
January 20 2012 10:49 GMT
#275
On January 20 2012 14:30 Brett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 14:27 Ruscour wrote:
You were so goddamn aggressive in your last post and you went as far as you could to shit on Coach Lee, then when it turns out you're wrong everything's fine? Old boys club around here I guess.

Actually, it is to a large degree. And they're quite open about it, e.g. 10 Commandments - "This is our house", "Thou shall respect forum veterans", etc.


If they were open about it then they wouldn't have closed the thread. Hopefully TL learns a tough lesson.
vanhio
Profile Joined November 2010
Niue1017 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 10:57:22
January 20 2012 10:56 GMT
#276
Surprise, surprise ...
Im glad killer tweet that !
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
January 20 2012 10:59 GMT
#277
On January 20 2012 19:56 vanhio wrote:
Surprise, surprise ...
Im glad killer tweet that !

If all of these turned out to be false, then it would be just another typical TSL drama. Coach Lee get shitted on at the beginning and he turned out to be a good guy at the end.
I hate all this singing
Monsen
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany2548 Posts
January 20 2012 11:02 GMT
#278
I don't see the big deal at all.
The thread was about the irony of an obvious poacher (this hasn't changed at all, he just isn't a desperate poacher anymore) playing the victim and calling out others on poaching. Like others said the picture of Coach Lee remains unchanged, it's just Rekruls (and to a minor extent TLs moderation crew) integrity that is mildly tarnished by this inaccurracy.
Not sure wether deleting the thread helps with that.
11 years and counting- TL #680
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
January 20 2012 11:07 GMT
#279
On January 20 2012 19:56 vanhio wrote:
Surprise, surprise ...
Im glad killer tweet that !


Killer tweet is most likely regarding the exaggerations made rekrul's first thread. That's what most of korea is reacting to at the moment.

In the case where killer is fully and thoroughly supporting lee, he is one supporter while the majority are either against him or questioning him.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
January 20 2012 11:10 GMT
#280
http://sc2ps.com/2012/01/the-real-story-behind-coach-lee-of-tsl/
That's the OP if someone missed that out. It was all exaggerations imo lol
I hate all this singing
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1229
WardiTV449
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko413
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10823
Bisu 2541
Jaedong 1689
BeSt 1066
EffOrt 610
Horang2 433
ZerO 320
actioN 269
Larva 226
Pusan 153
[ Show more ]
Mini 144
Mind 98
Barracks 86
ggaemo 82
Hyun 80
Yoon 69
Snow 68
Killer 52
Shinee 48
Sharp 38
Bale 37
NotJumperer 34
scan(afreeca) 32
ToSsGirL 30
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 19
hero 15
Noble 15
zelot 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
sorry 10
Dota 2
Dendi826
Gorgc563
qojqva343
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1294
markeloff75
Other Games
B2W.Neo329
crisheroes279
DeMusliM195
Pyrionflax187
dupreeh99
hiko97
Mew2King66
Livibee64
QueenE61
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 6212
StarCastTV_EN92
UltimateBattle 64
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV1082
League of Legends
• Jankos1366
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 45m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.