• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:06
CEST 14:06
KST 21:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8478 users

The Game [N] - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 165 Next
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 16 2013 19:32 GMT
#241
Could someone explain Coag's exact meta to me? I get that it's not good but I don't like how karma starts by coddling him just to ask a simple question.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 16 2013 19:32 GMT
#242
On March 17 2013 03:53 goodkarma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 02:46 Coagulation wrote:
The sast thing was clearly a joke. It was like an hour into day 1 and there was no one posting. You can just expect to be nailing scum 1 hour into day 1 when 90% of players havnt posted. thats fucking absurd. so omg someone makes a joke post to pass the time.


Okay. I can understand it was early. But if we were to look in the here and now you still haven't provided anything that suggests who you think could be scum.

I think what peashooter, and others here are getting at, is either post something that helps us scumhunt, or don't post at all.

I am less inclined than others here to just policy lynch you. But you make it hard for us when you continue to spam the thread with emotional OMGUS responses. Hopefully you see where we're coming from.


I would be most interested in hearing about your read on Grey.

What are your own reads for scum? You've mentioned twice the need to scumhunt, and here you're chiding Coag for not providing anything in regards to who he thinks is scum, when you yourself have done the same. It's just more of the same general game play talk with no actual stances taken in regards to your own opinions.

##Vote: goodkarma

Convince me you're not scum.
you gotta dance
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
March 16 2013 19:33 GMT
#243
Coag, who looks scummiest right now to you?
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
March 16 2013 19:40 GMT
#244
On March 17 2013 04:32 RyuSuzaku wrote:
although it is very suspicious that after being called out by sandroba, greymist made a simple and weak question and then chose not to address sandroba's accusation.

Is sandroba's accusation not worthy of a response?

Greymist was clearly around after, since he corrected the host just a while ago.

Ryu there isn't much to respond to if your greymist.
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 16 2013 19:50 GMT
#245
peashooter would be my best bet for a scum lynch at this point. I hardly ever have good reads day 1.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
March 16 2013 19:54 GMT
#246
On March 17 2013 02:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'm not familiar to heavily themed games but what makes me wonder here about the setup is the sheer number of roles. 17 to be exact. Are these all going to be roles with power?

And now off the topic of setup speculation a few things I noticed from the very beginning of the game:

BH playing exactly like I've seen him before, mega aggressive. It works fine for him, he hunts scum and succeeds.
Can't decide whether I like Geript's 'new troll-y' style of playing or not, but ultimately (as many have pointed out) it's probably better than the way he ended in LX.
I don't have any scumreads as of yet (especially since half the thread is yet to post) but I'll be keeping my eye out.

Oh yeah one more thing: VE that SAST idea is retarded in my eyes, but makes me wonder about some sort of extra/3rd party wincon. Something like,' get a bunch of people to join your 3rd party group and successfully get 3-5 people mislynched' or some shit. I can't think of ANY other reason why you'd try to be serious about something that ridiculous. If you're serious about hunting scum, it's probably better you focus on that since you can be a huge asset to town when you're focused.


This opening post seems kind of scummy to me. It begins with setup speculation that seems based in ignorance and not in a desire to hunt scum, continues to say that two players are consistent with their meta and he's not sure if he likes that or not, he decides he doesn't like SAST but then turns that into speculation as to a 3rd party wincon (????).

Also notice the line thrown in the middle:


I don't have any scumreads as of yet (especially since half the thread is yet to post) but I'll be keeping my eye out.


It's an excuse for not hunting scum while saying to trust him, he's hunting scum. I would like to see more input from WoS on who he is suspicious of, and why.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
March 16 2013 19:57 GMT
#247
On March 17 2013 04:50 Coagulation wrote:
peashooter would be my best bet for a scum lynch at this point. I hardly ever have good reads day 1.


This quote suggests you don't actually think he's scum:

On March 17 2013 04:30 Coagulation wrote:
You want me to fabricate shit? cause if im gonna make shit up to get someone lynched it might as well be peashooter since hes kind of an ass.


So, why is he scum other than the fact he voted for you? Because that's not a reason, at least not one that I've seen articulated well from you.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
RyuSuzaku
Profile Joined March 2013
Japan139 Posts
March 16 2013 19:57 GMT
#248
On March 17 2013 04:40 layabout wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 04:32 RyuSuzaku wrote:
although it is very suspicious that after being called out by sandroba, greymist made a simple and weak question and then chose not to address sandroba's accusation.

Is sandroba's accusation not worthy of a response?

Greymist was clearly around after, since he corrected the host just a while ago.

Ryu there isn't much to respond to if your greymist.


Are you suggesting sandroba is not a good town player and so his accusation should not be treated seriously?

I don't understand this line of thought.
Dragon Bird
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
March 16 2013 20:00 GMT
#249
+ Show Spoiler +

On March 16 2013 16:46 DarthPunk wrote:
##Vote:Geript

I feel like I would like him to stop everything he is currently doing. What better way to silence someone than by lynching them?


+ Show Spoiler [Bias] +

On March 16 2013 16:45 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 16:43 geript wrote:
On March 16 2013 16:36 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 16 2013 16:22 Wade Fell wrote:
geript is there a particular reason you haven't voted for zarepath since you already rnged him? it seems to me that if you realy wanted to rng your lynch, you'd use the lynch you've already rnged. Why the cold feet?


Yeah I really like this actually. What Gives?

I thought I couldn't use it from what was said in pregame and the tarot stuff got me interested. How do you feel about this being based on some sort of tarot stuff?


I feel the whole RNG thing is fucking retarded in general. But that's just me.

(British mini)
On January 04 2013 14:51 DarthPunk wrote:
He is pissed off at an obviously crafted policy post. I myself hate that shit most of the time and can empathise with his position even if I don't agree with all of it.

Not alignment indicative, really he is just stating his own policy.

Aggression, unless used in a meta case, is not alignment indicative either.



This game DarthPunk has vote for geript and wants him dead. And yet he appears to be doing this on the basis that geript was attempting an RNG lynch. He doesn't state that geript is scummy but still votes for him. DarthPunk admits that he hates that RNG/policy talk but NOT that it's scummy.

This is scummy.
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
March 16 2013 20:02 GMT
#250
On March 17 2013 04:57 RyuSuzaku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 04:40 layabout wrote:
On March 17 2013 04:32 RyuSuzaku wrote:
although it is very suspicious that after being called out by sandroba, greymist made a simple and weak question and then chose not to address sandroba's accusation.

Is sandroba's accusation not worthy of a response?

Greymist was clearly around after, since he corrected the host just a while ago.

Ryu there isn't much to respond to if your greymist.


Are you suggesting sandroba is not a good town player and so his accusation should not be treated seriously?

I don't understand this line of thought.

There is nothing of substance for greymist to respond to, what is he supposed to say?
sandro:"grey is scummy"
grey:"No i am not"

it wouldn't be productive at all
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 16 2013 20:19 GMT
#251
On March 17 2013 04:54 zarepath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 02:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'm not familiar to heavily themed games but what makes me wonder here about the setup is the sheer number of roles. 17 to be exact. Are these all going to be roles with power?

And now off the topic of setup speculation a few things I noticed from the very beginning of the game:

BH playing exactly like I've seen him before, mega aggressive. It works fine for him, he hunts scum and succeeds.
Can't decide whether I like Geript's 'new troll-y' style of playing or not, but ultimately (as many have pointed out) it's probably better than the way he ended in LX.
I don't have any scumreads as of yet (especially since half the thread is yet to post) but I'll be keeping my eye out.

Oh yeah one more thing: VE that SAST idea is retarded in my eyes, but makes me wonder about some sort of extra/3rd party wincon. Something like,' get a bunch of people to join your 3rd party group and successfully get 3-5 people mislynched' or some shit. I can't think of ANY other reason why you'd try to be serious about something that ridiculous. If you're serious about hunting scum, it's probably better you focus on that since you can be a huge asset to town when you're focused.


This opening post seems kind of scummy to me. It begins with setup speculation that seems based in ignorance and not in a desire to hunt scum, continues to say that two players are consistent with their meta and he's not sure if he likes that or not, he decides he doesn't like SAST but then turns that into speculation as to a 3rd party wincon (????).

Also notice the line thrown in the middle:

Show nested quote +

I don't have any scumreads as of yet (especially since half the thread is yet to post) but I'll be keeping my eye out.


It's an excuse for not hunting scum while saying to trust him, he's hunting scum. I would like to see more input from WoS on who he is suspicious of, and why.

Maybe to get me to respond you should make up another fake case on me and force me to defend myself.

No excuses here, but of the people I know in this game, very few have posted thus far so I can't read much into meta, and of the people I don't it's mostly speculative bullshit and others jumping down their throats based on a very early read. I'd rather make an educated case than a useless early game read/case that can get dumped on super quickly just to seem towny in your eyes, Zare.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
March 16 2013 20:31 GMT
#252
Regarding Grey:

On March 17 2013 04:10 layabout wrote:
since it looks like you mightn't get an answer would you care to share your read on grey?


I asked about grey because I could find very little about his meta. I know he hosts many games, but he doesn't seem to have played in many.

Best I can tell so far, he seems very detached from this game, posting often, but saying very little...

Having a look at his meta would really help, if anyone happens to know a game he has actually played in (and not hosted) I would love to look at it.


@Mr. Wiggles:

On March 17 2013 04:32 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 03:53 goodkarma wrote:
On March 17 2013 02:46 Coagulation wrote:
The sast thing was clearly a joke. It was like an hour into day 1 and there was no one posting. You can just expect to be nailing scum 1 hour into day 1 when 90% of players havnt posted. thats fucking absurd. so omg someone makes a joke post to pass the time.


Okay. I can understand it was early. But if we were to look in the here and now you still haven't provided anything that suggests who you think could be scum.

I think what peashooter, and others here are getting at, is either post something that helps us scumhunt, or don't post at all.

I am less inclined than others here to just policy lynch you. But you make it hard for us when you continue to spam the thread with emotional OMGUS responses. Hopefully you see where we're coming from.


I would be most interested in hearing about your read on Grey.

What are your own reads for scum? You've mentioned twice the need to scumhunt, and here you're chiding Coag for not providing anything in regards to who he thinks is scum, when you yourself have done the same. It's just more of the same general game play talk with no actual stances taken in regards to your own opinions.

##Vote: goodkarma

Convince me you're not scum.


Sowy, but I'm not giving you any scumreads until I'm ready to. You claim I haven't been scumhunting, but if you were to look at my posting so far I have:

1) Worked towards establishing a pro-town atmosphere, a reasonable early goal
2) Been pushing others for reads to get a better understanding of their motives and thought process, which is very important to getting scumreads

As far as cases go, which aren't the only component of scumhunting: As I said, when I'm ready. And I promise you it will be long before the end of the day.

But what I'd recommend you to do right now is to focus some of your energies on getting others to participate (not everyone has even posted yet!), and pursue some of your other scumreads. Because tunneling one read, and going into lurker mode thereafter is in itself pretty scummy...


@Ryu:

On March 17 2013 04:28 RyuSuzaku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 22:24 sandroba wrote:
Geript and sciberbia are both town. BH is trying to emulate his previous behavior. VE is silly. Peashooter I'm leaning town due to the no name claiming warning, other than that the rest of the speculation is pointless at this stage. He seems to be a reasonable fella though, I'm curious about who he is.
Keep up the good work gents.


Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 22:30 sandroba wrote:
Update: Greymist is suspicious.


Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 22:40 GreYMisT wrote:
On March 16 2013 22:30 sandroba wrote:
Update: Greymist is suspicious.


Do you disagree with the point that I made?


Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 22:45 sandroba wrote:
Don't care about your "points", and neither do you. You seem mafia to me. Last sentence gave you away.


I find this interaction forced-there seems to be something off about how sandroba and greymist confront each other here. I wouldn't even call it confronting, really.

I dislike sandroba more for the lack of reasoning, but I think it could be possible they are both mafia.

##vote sandroba


Would you mind going a little more in depth on this case for me? From what I've seen in his past games, sandroba has been pretty lazy as both town and scum. The difference being the quality of his reads. From what I've seen so far, I'd say his assessments have been reasonable. What about his reads do you disagree with, or is this really just about his lazy posting style?
RyuSuzaku
Profile Joined March 2013
Japan139 Posts
March 16 2013 20:36 GMT
#253
On March 17 2013 05:31 goodkarma wrote:
Regarding Grey:

Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 04:10 layabout wrote:
since it looks like you mightn't get an answer would you care to share your read on grey?


I asked about grey because I could find very little about his meta. I know he hosts many games, but he doesn't seem to have played in many.

Best I can tell so far, he seems very detached from this game, posting often, but saying very little...

Having a look at his meta would really help, if anyone happens to know a game he has actually played in (and not hosted) I would love to look at it.


@Mr. Wiggles:

Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 04:32 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
On March 17 2013 03:53 goodkarma wrote:
On March 17 2013 02:46 Coagulation wrote:
The sast thing was clearly a joke. It was like an hour into day 1 and there was no one posting. You can just expect to be nailing scum 1 hour into day 1 when 90% of players havnt posted. thats fucking absurd. so omg someone makes a joke post to pass the time.


Okay. I can understand it was early. But if we were to look in the here and now you still haven't provided anything that suggests who you think could be scum.

I think what peashooter, and others here are getting at, is either post something that helps us scumhunt, or don't post at all.

I am less inclined than others here to just policy lynch you. But you make it hard for us when you continue to spam the thread with emotional OMGUS responses. Hopefully you see where we're coming from.


I would be most interested in hearing about your read on Grey.

What are your own reads for scum? You've mentioned twice the need to scumhunt, and here you're chiding Coag for not providing anything in regards to who he thinks is scum, when you yourself have done the same. It's just more of the same general game play talk with no actual stances taken in regards to your own opinions.

##Vote: goodkarma

Convince me you're not scum.


Sowy, but I'm not giving you any scumreads until I'm ready to. You claim I haven't been scumhunting, but if you were to look at my posting so far I have:

1) Worked towards establishing a pro-town atmosphere, a reasonable early goal
2) Been pushing others for reads to get a better understanding of their motives and thought process, which is very important to getting scumreads

As far as cases go, which aren't the only component of scumhunting: As I said, when I'm ready. And I promise you it will be long before the end of the day.

But what I'd recommend you to do right now is to focus some of your energies on getting others to participate (not everyone has even posted yet!), and pursue some of your other scumreads. Because tunneling one read, and going into lurker mode thereafter is in itself pretty scummy...


@Ryu:

Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 04:28 RyuSuzaku wrote:
On March 16 2013 22:24 sandroba wrote:
Geript and sciberbia are both town. BH is trying to emulate his previous behavior. VE is silly. Peashooter I'm leaning town due to the no name claiming warning, other than that the rest of the speculation is pointless at this stage. He seems to be a reasonable fella though, I'm curious about who he is.
Keep up the good work gents.


On March 16 2013 22:30 sandroba wrote:
Update: Greymist is suspicious.


On March 16 2013 22:40 GreYMisT wrote:
On March 16 2013 22:30 sandroba wrote:
Update: Greymist is suspicious.


Do you disagree with the point that I made?


On March 16 2013 22:45 sandroba wrote:
Don't care about your "points", and neither do you. You seem mafia to me. Last sentence gave you away.


I find this interaction forced-there seems to be something off about how sandroba and greymist confront each other here. I wouldn't even call it confronting, really.

I dislike sandroba more for the lack of reasoning, but I think it could be possible they are both mafia.

##vote sandroba


Would you mind going a little more in depth on this case for me? From what I've seen in his past games, sandroba has been pretty lazy as both town and scum. The difference being the quality of his reads. From what I've seen so far, I'd say his assessments have been reasonable. What about his reads do you disagree with, or is this really just about his lazy posting style?


it's mostly the interaction between greymist and sandroba.

It felt forced-I am not entirely sure which player (or if both) are causing that feeling, or why. I want to hear sandroba and greymist explain themselves.

Clearly greymist is around, but sandroba might not be. Greymist doesn't seem to care what sandroba thinks.
Dragon Bird
cosmicomics
Profile Joined March 2013
81 Posts
March 16 2013 20:51 GMT
#254
On March 16 2013 23:42 Vivax wrote:

Sandro:

I don't like this post.
Quick conclusions. No arguments, no read on BH and VE (just being silly) and conclusive reads on people I actually find scummy. Townish reads on a guy who contributed something pointless. Not the sandro I would expect as town. Leaning red.

What does town sandro look like?
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
March 16 2013 21:00 GMT
#255
On March 17 2013 05:51 cosmicomics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 23:42 Vivax wrote:

Sandro:

I don't like this post.
Quick conclusions. No arguments, no read on BH and VE (just being silly) and conclusive reads on people I actually find scummy. Townish reads on a guy who contributed something pointless. Not the sandro I would expect as town. Leaning red.

What does town sandro look like?


Here's sandroba's filter for fruity mafia, a game where he was town:

Fruity Mafia

layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
March 16 2013 21:16 GMT
#256
On March 17 2013 05:51 cosmicomics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 23:42 Vivax wrote:

Sandro:

I don't like this post.
Quick conclusions. No arguments, no read on BH and VE (just being silly) and conclusive reads on people I actually find scummy. Townish reads on a guy who contributed something pointless. Not the sandro I would expect as town. Leaning red.

What does town sandro look like?

What do you think of DarthPunk?
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
March 16 2013 21:19 GMT
#257
On March 16 2013 22:13 zarepath wrote:
And one final thought: sciberbia was quick to point out that VE's tarot cards and Peashooter's speculation aren't that scummy (but I disagree and say they are more scummy than anything else so far, btw), and VE makes a good point in response:

On March 16 2013 18:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
Interesting. Out of everyone who has posted, you are by far the most verbose. I expect you will be equally verbose when describing things you DO find scummy.

First off, I dislike the fact that you mix up my tarot card thoughts and place them on VE. The thing that doesn't make sense to me whatsoever is how this post flows. I'm not seeing the jump in logic between either the setup speculation being scummy Or how VE's post leads directly from that. It's a subtle transition from X+Y are scummy into it's useless.
Then yoy transfer into:
On March 16 2013 22:13 zarepath wrote:
So in the end, I currently have my eyes on Coagulation, Peashooter, VE, and sciberbia. I will take a more serious look at geript later.

I'm not getting the logic jump here either. There isn't any real reason listed. There's no reason to expect to be able to jump straight to fucking without a little foreplay.

How do you explain this Zare? Why make a nothing post?
TranceStorm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
1616 Posts
March 16 2013 21:34 GMT
#258
On March 17 2013 05:51 cosmicomics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 23:42 Vivax wrote:

Sandro:

I don't like this post.
Quick conclusions. No arguments, no read on BH and VE (just being silly) and conclusive reads on people I actually find scummy. Townish reads on a guy who contributed something pointless. Not the sandro I would expect as town. Leaning red.

What does town sandro look like?

It's pretty pointless to be looking at the differences between a player's mafia and town play on Day 1. On Day 1 there is absolutely no reason for mafia members to behave differently than town members! In short, mafia players behave exactly like town players on Day 1: they throw around a few accusations, they might speculate on the different roles available in the game, and they might throw around a few town reads as well. All of this is possible because there is no information available at all.

Differences in 'play' arise in the following days when information is revealed and pressure is put on certain players (i.e. when they have to justify their voting decisions in previous rounds). A player's behavior changes as a mafia member when they see their teammates under significant pressure. That's when play analysis comes in, not right now.

It's much better to ask people for their beliefs to serve as a record for later rounds to measure for inconsistencies and what not.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
March 16 2013 21:50 GMT
#259
I welcome myself to this marvelous game.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 16 2013 21:52 GMT
#260
Layabout, since you clearly have looked into people going after geript (IE Darth), do you have an opinion of Scib as well? I'm putting together my thoughts on him and would like to compare notes with you.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 165 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 811
RotterdaM304
SteadfastSC142
TKL 135
Rex83
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 304
ByuN 223
SteadfastSC 142
TKL 135
Rex 83
Codebar 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31719
Shuttle 1634
Mong 828
Bisu 713
Jaedong 672
Horang2 502
Soulkey 297
actioN 266
Stork 243
Mini 238
[ Show more ]
firebathero 235
Soma 189
BeSt 188
Larva 171
EffOrt 135
Zeus 130
Last 125
Rush 119
Snow 101
ZerO 96
Mind 76
910 74
Free 73
Hyun 72
Pusan 67
Sexy 61
PianO 58
Sharp 45
hero 44
Shine 43
Shinee 32
Bale 25
sorry 22
JYJ 21
HiyA 21
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 18
Aegong 17
Hm[arnc] 15
yabsab 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Dendi646
canceldota85
Gorgc85
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1267
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King235
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes426
Other Games
gofns63621
singsing2191
Lowko271
B2W.Neo259
DeMusliM227
Pyrionflax187
Livibee145
Trikslyr28
QueenE23
hiko13
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 364
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV524
League of Legends
• Jankos1303
Other Games
• Shiphtur575
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 54m
The PondCast
21h 54m
INu's Battles
22h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.