• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:43
CEST 05:43
KST 12:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7791 users

The Tyler Streaming Marathon Challenge - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 18 Next All
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 24 2011 13:20 GMT
#201
On August 24 2011 21:47 ComaDose wrote:
buncha sissies in here seriously.

Its not that hard for a regular drinker to drink 26.2 drinks in 26.2 hours.
Hes not going to fucking die. Spend a year in residence and you will find at least 1 person in your building who does this every weekend.

And unless Tyler is that single person there is every chance he might end in the hospital, or might in fact die, like the majority of people would, Mr Internet Tough Guy.

It's perfectly understandable that people are concerned about something that would severely injure or yes, even kill an average person.

ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Ryder.
Profile Joined January 2011
1117 Posts
August 24 2011 13:27 GMT
#202
On August 24 2011 21:47 ComaDose wrote:
buncha sissies in here seriously.

Its not that hard for a regular drinker to drink 26.2 drinks in 26.2 hours.
Hes not going to fucking die. Spend a year in residence and you will find at least 1 person in your building who does this every weekend. I've cleanly polished off 26ers (750ml) of 40% captain Morgans gold rum in much less time on really good Saturdays. - admittedly with serious symptoms. Which is far beyond the expectations of that section of the challenge.

Eating doughnuts is not fatal for a healthy individual. At the worst he will vomit and no this does not count as a disqualification. - In fact nothing counts as a disqualification.

Its nice to read peoples ideas on a good strategy. Its not nice to read someone say something like: "I hope he has a strategy. If he blends the doughnuts and mixes it with all 26 drinks and funnels the whole thing at once while he is running then he is going to DIE!" well no shit its a bad idea but he's not going to die. You think a pro starcraft player isn't going to have a strategy?

Don't say its impossible. IMO the hardest parts are the pull ups and the doughnuts. He can do the marathon in 3 - 4 segments and not really get tired but the pull ups take a real toll on your muscles. Something that you wont get back from resting. He will have to be in pretty good shape. The doughnuts well.. its just hard to eat when your full but honestly a doughnut an hour isn't that much food. You will just feel stuffed by the end which is uncomfortable. This is so doable. All you need is will power strong biceps, good cardio, and reckless abandon.

Yeah you need to stop being so ignorant and short sighted lol. He won't be able to drink whilst he is running, so there is a good 4 hours less time he has to drink. He would also be unwise to drink before he has finished his run, so that restricts him even further. And it's not just the drinking, it's doing EVERYTHING in the time period.


Maybe you should show us you can do it yourself before playing the Internet hero and calling people 'pussies'.
befek
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland413 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 13:34:36
August 24 2011 13:31 GMT
#203
I am just curious, how much stronger are European beers than what u have there guys? Somebody said that normal doze for party is 12 beers or more. How much of actual alcohol is in one can? For example in Poland average beer has 5-6% and the strongest around 12%.
Dan "Artosis" Stark: Roaches are coming, Game of Drones begins!
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 13:50:09
August 24 2011 13:44 GMT
#204
Sorry zatic,
I don't think Tyler is at any risk and I guess I was going for a primitive cheer with banging of sword and shield, and a great Huah!
I don't know what the average person drinks like.
The group of people I hang out with may cause me to have bias.
Would the majority of people be in the hospital after a drink an hour for that long?

Ryder,
Ignorant of what? Short sighted how? why are you laughing?
Why would he be unwise to drink before he has finished his run?
How did I fail to address that there are other aspect of this challenge?
I did the may 24 challenge (24 beers in 24h) like i said earlier is that close enough for you to say I "did it myself"?
I didn't call anyone "'pussies'".
How is someone saying plenty of people can drink 26.2 drinks in 26.2 hours being an internet hero?

EDIT: I just want to cheer for him! I have confidence in his own ability to calculate the risks.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
August 24 2011 13:52 GMT
#205
On August 24 2011 22:44 ComaDose wrote:
Sorry zatic,
I don't think Tyler is at any risk and I guess I was going for a primitive cheer with banging of sword and shield, and a great Huah!
I don't know what the average person drinks like.
The group of people I hang out with may cause me to have bias.
Would the majority of people be in the hospital after a drink an hour for that long?

Ryder,
Ignorant of what? Short sighted how? why are you laughing?
Why would he be unwise to drink before he has finished his run?
How did I fail to address that there are other aspect of this challenge?
I did the may 24 challenge (24 beers in 24h) like i said earlier is that close enough for you to say I "did it myself"?
I didn't call anyone "'pussies'".
How is someone saying plenty of people can drink 26.2 drinks in 26.2 hours being an internet hero?


It might have something to do with you calling people in this thread a "buncha sissies" because they worry about Tyler's health in light of excessive amounts of alcohol. Hard to say though ...
I think esports is pretty nice.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 24 2011 13:57 GMT
#206
On August 24 2011 22:52 Saechiis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 22:44 ComaDose wrote:
Sorry zatic,
I don't think Tyler is at any risk and I guess I was going for a primitive cheer with banging of sword and shield, and a great Huah!
I don't know what the average person drinks like.
The group of people I hang out with may cause me to have bias.
Would the majority of people be in the hospital after a drink an hour for that long?

Ryder,
Ignorant of what? Short sighted how? why are you laughing?
Why would he be unwise to drink before he has finished his run?
How did I fail to address that there are other aspect of this challenge?
I did the may 24 challenge (24 beers in 24h) like i said earlier is that close enough for you to say I "did it myself"?
I didn't call anyone "'pussies'".
How is someone saying plenty of people can drink 26.2 drinks in 26.2 hours being an internet hero?


It might have something to do with you calling people in this thread a "buncha sissies" because they worry about Tyler's health in light of excessive amounts of alcohol. Hard to say though ...

what might?
and yeah I'm sorry to all those whom are only concerned for Tyler's health.
but I still think everyone who thinks its "impossible" is adorable.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
August 24 2011 14:00 GMT
#207
On August 23 2011 22:36 Chargelot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 22:28 Zero.Tha.Hero wrote:
Since it was used so many times in this OP, I can't help but ask...

How is Tyler in any way a baler?
[image loading]


Cause he's gonna cut, rake, chop, and compress some noob talent points, and bring them back to Master Tasteless.



LOL YES!!!!!
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 24 2011 14:04 GMT
#208
On August 24 2011 22:44 ComaDose wrote:
I did the may 24 challenge (24 beers in 24h) like i said earlier is that close enough for you to say I "did it myself"?

EDIT: I just want to cheer for him! I have confidence in his own ability to calculate the risks.

And I have done more than that in way less time. Still don't feel the need to call people who are legitimately concerned "little sissies".
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
August 24 2011 14:06 GMT
#209
On August 24 2011 22:31 befek wrote:
I am just curious, how much stronger are European beers than what u have there guys? Somebody said that normal doze for party is 12 beers or more. How much of actual alcohol is in one can? For example in Poland average beer has 5-6% and the strongest around 12%.


Yep, about 6.5%. I guess light beers and wine coolers are closer to 4.5-5%, if that's what you're drinking.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 24 2011 14:07 GMT
#210
On August 24 2011 23:04 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 22:44 ComaDose wrote:
I did the may 24 challenge (24 beers in 24h) like i said earlier is that close enough for you to say I "did it myself"?

EDIT: I just want to cheer for him! I have confidence in his own ability to calculate the risks.

And I have done more than that in way less time. Still don't feel the need to call people who are legitimately concerned "little sissies".

Good point, that was rude.
I should have articulated that it was in fact possible without being condescending.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
aDawg
Profile Joined September 2010
United States30 Posts
August 24 2011 14:26 GMT
#211
On August 24 2011 23:07 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 23:04 zatic wrote:
On August 24 2011 22:44 ComaDose wrote:
I did the may 24 challenge (24 beers in 24h) like i said earlier is that close enough for you to say I "did it myself"?

EDIT: I just want to cheer for him! I have confidence in his own ability to calculate the risks.

And I have done more than that in way less time. Still don't feel the need to call people who are legitimately concerned "little sissies".

Good point, that was rude.
I should have articulated that it was in fact possible without being condescending.


Did you just admit that you were wrong ... on the internet?

You sir are a wonderful human being, and fantastic addition to these forums. Have a nice day.
gold in the spring and diamond in the fall
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 14:28:37
August 24 2011 14:28 GMT
#212
On August 24 2011 23:26 aDawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 23:07 ComaDose wrote:
On August 24 2011 23:04 zatic wrote:
On August 24 2011 22:44 ComaDose wrote:
I did the may 24 challenge (24 beers in 24h) like i said earlier is that close enough for you to say I "did it myself"?

EDIT: I just want to cheer for him! I have confidence in his own ability to calculate the risks.

And I have done more than that in way less time. Still don't feel the need to call people who are legitimately concerned "little sissies".

Good point, that was rude.
I should have articulated that it was in fact possible without being condescending.


Did you just admit that you were wrong ... on the internet?

You sir are a wonderful human being, and fantastic addition to these forums. Have a nice day.

zatic's displeasure is humbling.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
bLuR
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada625 Posts
August 24 2011 14:31 GMT
#213
tyler should have made the requirements realistic @.@

definetely cant even run 26.2 miles and win 26.2 games in 26.2 hours let alone 262 pushups. 26.2 doughnuts, and 26.2 girly drinks.

Prove me wrong big son
Airship
Profile Joined August 2010
United States465 Posts
August 24 2011 14:42 GMT
#214
I wish Tyler luck, and I will watch, but there is no way that this is possible. Make it 30 hours maybe.
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 14:59:58
August 24 2011 14:59 GMT
#215
Wait, you're talking about the real tyler? Liquid'tyler?
o choro é livre
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 15:11:03
August 24 2011 15:00 GMT
#216
On August 24 2011 23:59 AlBundy wrote:
Wait, you're talking about the real tyler? Liquid'tyler?

yeah the original vlog is spotlighted.
EDIT: spotlit ?
also:
On August 24 2011 23:42 Airship wrote:
I wish Tyler luck, and I will watch, but there is no way that this is possible. Make it 30 hours maybe.
It's possible and remember guys this is the guy who invented the

tyler sandwich
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
August 24 2011 15:14 GMT
#217
About the danger of alcohol (especially in combination of the other things): I'm aware of it. The challenge has been done before. The things I'm adding to it (sc2 wins and pull-ups) don't significantly effect the difficulty of the running and drinking combination. I'll be doing everything I can to mitigate the strain I'll be putting on my body. My wife is a 4th year medical student and she'll be with me the whole time and we're using our collective knowledge and resources to research and prepare as best as possible.

The main reason I'm not worried is that I'm not going to keep drinking if it feels like it's going bad. I'll simply do the rest of the challenge and say "well, turns out I'm not a good enough drinker to complete this challenge, gl to the next guy"

Atm we have a rough estimation that I'll be accumulating 1/3 of a drink per hour, so I'll finish with about 8-9 drinks in me. If you've had 12 drinks in a 5 hour period, then you've been as drunk as I will be. My BAC should not get to levels that an ER would find extremely dangerous. But of course when combined with the exercise and perhaps my refusal to sleep when my body wants to sleep, it gets more difficult. I'm gonna go into it fully rested, I'm going to stay hydrated as well as possible, and I'm going to supplement my alcohol and doughnuts with as much nutrition as possible.

I appreciate the legitimate concerns but I hope to convince you that I'm aware of all of them and that I'll be taken care of and I won't force myself to finish if it's going bad, so that you the viewers can relax and enjoy rather than worry. Thanks!
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Ryder.
Profile Joined January 2011
1117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 15:19:41
August 24 2011 15:14 GMT
#218
On August 24 2011 22:44 ComaDose wrote:
Sorry zatic,
I don't think Tyler is at any risk and I guess I was going for a primitive cheer with banging of sword and shield, and a great Huah!
I don't know what the average person drinks like.
The group of people I hang out with may cause me to have bias.
Would the majority of people be in the hospital after a drink an hour for that long?

Ryder,
Ignorant of what? Short sighted how? why are you laughing?
Why would he be unwise to drink before he has finished his run?
How did I fail to address that there are other aspect of this challenge?
I did the may 24 challenge (24 beers in 24h) like i said earlier is that close enough for you to say I "did it myself"?
I didn't call anyone "'pussies'".
How is someone saying plenty of people can drink 26.2 drinks in 26.2 hours being an internet hero?

EDIT: I just want to cheer for him! I have confidence in his own ability to calculate the risks.

You are being short sighted because you are calling people a bunch of 'sissies' (sorry I thought you said pussys, sissy/pussy same shit) for being concerned about his health/general wellbeing when you only talked about 1 aspect of this challenge and didn't even consider everything else he has to do.

I mean you saying 'i did the may 24 challenge (24 beers in 24h) like i said earlier is that close enough for you to say I "did it myself"?' just demonstrates your short sightedness again; you realise he has to do much more than just drink 26 drinks right? That isn't the entire challenge? You didn't notice the running, the gaming, the chinups, the donuts? I mean have you even considered that Tyler's alchohol tolerance might be lower than yours because of a number of factors, such as height/build/previous drinking experience? Did you hear Tyler when he said he didn't really drink much back in college, maybe suggesting his tolerance isn't as high as some people's? Did you know that being tired (read: running a marathon, 260 chinups and being awake for 26 hours straight) further decreases your tolerance to alchohol? Did you consider that eating 26 donuts (with a very high concentration of sugar) might react badly to the 26 drinks inside him?

And you seriously can't think about why drinking 26 drinks (or hell, any number of alcoholic drinks) before running 26 miles might be a bad idea? You can't fathom at all why that would be pretty stupid thing to do?

Has this pointed out how I think you are being short sighted, or do I need to continue?

And I think you are being an internet hero because you are all 'herp derp I've had 26 drinks before, anyone else who can't do it is a sissy derp' when you are a. being ignorant about the fact that not everybody can drink the same amount, and b. completely ignored the rest of the things Tyler has to do.

I repeat, if you can do EVERYTHING Tyler said he plans on doing (not just drinking 26 drinks) then maybe you can call people sissies.

Edit: Its nice you said sorry, I don't think anyone thinks its impossible, they just think it will be hard and will be a serious strain on his body.
And @Tyler: good luck man, I think its great when people set ambitious challenges like this (especially when they are epic as well), as long as you take care of yourself.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
August 24 2011 15:22 GMT
#219
All the power to ya, Tyler.

Man, time is going to be really, really tight. Even if you cannon rushed or four-gated every game, the 26.2 wins could be a real time sink ....
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
August 24 2011 15:27 GMT
#220
I'll go ahead and reveal my first draft for a schedule. The principles behind it are to spread out the drinking as perfectly as possible and to spread out the pull-ups as much as possible, while completing the running with as little drunkenness as possible.

First 15 minutes: 2-3 shots, 3-4 sets of pull-ups
Next 2 hours: Run 16 miles, eat 5-6 doughnuts during and immediately after the run
Next 2-3 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour and do a set of pull-ups every hour, eat doughnuts as I like
Next 1h15m: Run 10 miles
Next ~20 hours: Play SC2, have a drink every hour, do a set every hour, eat doughnuts as I like

If I'm winning games quickly and I'm feeling good, I could up the pace and finish in a fast time, if I'm feeling bad then I'll get some sleep. If I'm not winning games quickly, then I'll just keep on pace and hope for the best.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2411
Shinee 39
NotJumperer 13
Noble 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever973
NeuroSwarm200
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft419
Other Games
summit1g7113
Coldzera 763
JimRising 677
C9.Mang0400
PiGStarcraft253
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1016
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream347
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo970
• Rush771
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 18m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.