• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:29
CEST 18:29
KST 01:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9449 users

How to stream on TeamLiquid - Page 8

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 51 Next
1) Do NOT promote your own stream in this thread. You may create a separate thread to do so.
2) Do NOT post in this thread to request a streaming site / channel change.

Read the OP.
Ic3d
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada187 Posts
January 08 2011 21:29 GMT
#141
Hello guys,

Can you please help. I am unable to use the form to adjust my steam as I don't own the thread that was started for it. My friend started the stream thread and I took it over on my account.

I have moved to Own3d.tv.

The new link is: http://www.own3d.tv/live/7314
http://own3d.tv/live/l2sc-tv

The thread is: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=146814

the form says: "Associated thread doesn't belong to you!".

Please let me know if I missed anything.
http://ic3d.ca -- Lots of cool stuff :P
TheRushNetwork2
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada18 Posts
January 09 2011 04:44 GMT
#142
Would like my stream changed to: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/trn2
much appreciated.


User was warned for this post
You'll never know, if you never try.
Certified
Profile Joined August 2010
United States667 Posts
January 09 2011 05:45 GMT
#143
Um... I got the PM from the TL_Bot saying my stream was detected offline for 10min without turning my stream off from TL

But I got it after my stream was only off for 5-10 seconds as I was titling the recording before clicking the offline arrow

does the timer add up so that all those little 10second offline times built up to 10min already, or is it something i should notify an admin about? (though this is kind of notifying, lol)
Don't worry, I'm a professional
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
January 09 2011 06:02 GMT
#144
The bot checks your stream three times over a 10-15 minute period, if it is found to be marked online but is actually offline all three times, it marks you offline and warns you (once per week). Going offline for 10 seconds shouldn't cause this. If you are using own3d to stream, there is a known bug with their service that reports incorrect online / offline status which may be the reason.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Certified
Profile Joined August 2010
United States667 Posts
January 10 2011 01:46 GMT
#145
oh alright, I guess it caught me between recordings or something, if it keeps happening I'll make another post, thanks
Don't worry, I'm a professional
Ic3d
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada187 Posts
January 11 2011 16:55 GMT
#146
On January 09 2011 06:29 Ic3d wrote:
Hello guys,

Can you please help. I am unable to use the form to adjust my steam as I don't own the thread that was started for it. My friend started the stream thread and I took it over on my account.

I have moved to Own3d.tv.

The new link is: http://www.own3d.tv/live/7314
http://own3d.tv/live/l2sc-tv

The thread is: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=146814

the form says: "Associated thread doesn't belong to you!".

Please let me know if I missed anything.



Sorry to bump this guys, I am still seeing the same issue. Can you please advise.
http://ic3d.ca -- Lots of cool stuff :P
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
January 12 2011 03:58 GMT
#147
This has been fixed, you can submit a modification with a thread that doesn't belong to you if it was already assigned to you.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Kissen
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden5 Posts
January 12 2011 15:56 GMT
#148
Hi there!

My stream is at the moment in Ustream.tv: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kissen

But I want to change to own3d.tv: http://www.own3d.tv/live/6089

The reason is cause my Xsplit isnt working on Ustream cause its dropping sometimes.

User was warned for this post
Ic3d
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 16:21:42
January 12 2011 16:20 GMT
#149
On January 12 2011 12:58 R1CH wrote:
This has been fixed, you can submit a modification with a thread that doesn't belong to you if it was already assigned to you.


Thank you R1CH! and happy birthday!!!


@Kissen

You can edit your stream from this link: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/newstream.php
http://ic3d.ca -- Lots of cool stuff :P
HardCorey
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States709 Posts
January 12 2011 16:29 GMT
#150
Reading the OP can be so helpful! =D

But yah, editing/changing your stream location is the same link as the original stream application link.

I also want to thank TL for providing this service because its been really fun and useful for me to get out on my own to do some streaming.
Don't Worry, Be Happy.
Special Endrey
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1929 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-13 22:42:29
January 13 2011 18:20 GMT
#151
Hey there,

I had enough with own3d.tv - vod recording not working, stream not working, stream working again, stream offline again - no real support atm and of course the big issue with the broken api of stream shutting itself down on tl.net

So I decided to switch to sc-streams.com

But I made a mistake as I tryed to change my stream URL. I put up the wrong one (my ustream backup which is not the right one)

Because I cant rechange the URL ( " Your stream application is currently pending moderator review." ) I was hoping that you may manually can change the link to my new sc-streams account (so i dont have to reapply for the url change once again) : http://www.sc-streams.com/live/263

regards,

Endrey!


#edit - ok i just reapplied for the new stream then - sry for the inconvienience
This signature is ruining eSports - -Twitter: @SpecialEndrey
Kindred
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada396 Posts
January 14 2011 04:12 GMT
#152
Whenever I apply for the stream, will I be watched by a mod or something?
Because I have an upload limit and so I am planning on actually broadcasting only if I actually do get accepted. Or is it better that I still broadcast after I send my application?
Two 2.93GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon “Westmere” (12 cores) + 32GB RAM + Four 512GB Solid-State Drives + Two ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB + Two Apple LED Cinema Display (27" flat panel) + Quad-channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
January 14 2011 22:17 GMT
#153
Your stream won't be watched for the application process, just verified to make sure the stream channel is working, thread is posted in the right place, etc.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 22:51:52
January 14 2011 22:49 GMT
#154
On January 07 2011 12:43 TimMultiboxing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2010 07:25 BROotogy wrote:
Does anyone have a guide on streaming? I did the search button about that one old thread for BW but idk how I'm going to stream SC2 cause apparently you can't stream the same way for SC2...

+ Show Spoiler +

To get a good SC2 stream, you first really need to investigate the 5 main components of what is required to stream:

1) Your network upload speed, as the upload speed is the hard limiter on the quality you can stream at
2) Your PC specs, as streaming is extremely CPU intensive
3) Your monitor resolution - If you want HD quality video, you need a HD 16 : 9 resolution
4) A website to stream to (eg, Justin.tv, Ustream, Livestream, etc)
5) Your streaming configuration


For #1, go to any generic speed test website and test your upload speed. If you are going for a good HD quality stream, you want your upload to be at least 2.5-3Mbps. Your actual stream bitrate should be approx. 65% of your max upload speed. So if you have a 4000kbps max upload speed, set your stream bitrate to be 2600kbps max. This allows you ample room for game network traffic as well as preserving your latency/ping times.

For #2, any of the new i7 systems will be able to support a very high quality HD stream. The newest AMD CPUs can do this as well. The prior family of Intel CPUs, such as the Q9650, can also do HD streams. Any CPU below the Q9650 and you are going to have to tailor your stream to match the CPU.

For #3, you are going to want a 16 : 9 resolution monitor as that is what HD video is actually at. This means 1920x1080, or 1280x720. You could do a different resolution, but then you are going to have to "convert" that size to be a 1080/720 resolution. ANYTIME YOU CONVERT YOU WILL LESSEN THE QUALITY!! So as a rule of thumb, ONLY capture at a 16 : 9 resolution. I personally do 1920x1080 for my SC2 (and WoW) and it is awesome. If you must convert your stream output size, then do this: Set your monitor to 1920x1080, and convert your stream output to 1280x720. Those 2 sizes are exact mathematical ratios so the quality loss will be as minimal as possible.

For #4, I highly suggest you stream to Justin.tv for 1 simple reason: Quality. Unlike Livestream/Ustream, JTV does not limit you on your quality. You can literally stream a Bluray 1080p quality stream there completely free. To see an example of the quality you can get, see one of my streams (I stream at 5,000kbps 1080p) here: http://www.justin.tv/multiboxing/videos. For reference, the videos seen there are Adobe FMLE 3.1 - 1920x1080 capture - H.264 - 5000kbps bitrate - 224kbps mp3 sound - 2 second keyframe - H.264 4.2 Encoding Profile. The hardware required for a 5000kbps stream is Intel 980X CPU, so pretty high end, however, this is an extreme stream.

For #5, this is the magical part. I highly recommend you download the free Adobe FME 2.5 or 3.2. If you have an i7 CPU and high bandwidth, get 3.2. If you have lower bandwidth and/or a medium or lower end CPU, get verison 2.5. 2.5 is better for lower end streams, 3.2 for higher end. Also download VHScrCap, a desktop capture software, also free. From there you simply need to configure the 2 softwares to work together. There is a complete tutorial for how to set these things up, complete with videos and samples here: http://multiboxing.com/forums/f2/exact-way-stream-fme-jtv-read-1116.html

The minimum stream specs I would say for doing a HD stream are this: Set your monitor to 1920x1080 resolution, set FMLE to encode to 1280x720, use FME 2.5, VP6 encoding, set bitrate to 2000kbps.


Hopefully my gigantic wall of text post helps you and others out. Let me know if you have any question and I'll try and answer!


This is a good guide with a few exceptions

#3 Using a program like multicam you can have the stream resolution be converted outside of the encoder and that can work a little better as well.

and #4 the stream restrictions on Ustream only apply when you're using producer, also running streams at an extreme bitrate is not very realistic as it will limit the number of people who can watch your stream. Bitrate increases don't always mean an increase in quality you just need enough bitrate to be able to run your resolution and most quality gains will come from optiizing your encoder.

When it comes to encoders Justin.TV has issues with H.264 so running VP6 is better sometimes.

Also you're overestimating the amount of bitrate required for an HD stream you can hit HD easily with 1280x720 and a bitrate of 1000 as long as your encoder settings are set right.

edit:
#1 You're overestimating again my upload doesnt test higher than .8MBps and can still run a pretty good stream just requires a lower bitrate and resolution with good encoder settings.
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 23:30:00
January 14 2011 23:29 GMT
#155
since the stream stuff is now automated, i'd like to see a feature for streamers to set their display ratio. Currently, all video embeds are 4 : 3, so when a 16 : 9 player links his stream here, he gets a letterbox. I think it would be cool, if streamers could configure their stream page to adapt the embed aspect ratio to the one they use for streaming, to remove these letterboxes.

/edit: 16 without blanks makes a smilie >.>
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
AesopsZerg
Profile Joined July 2010
United States52 Posts
January 15 2011 06:04 GMT
#156
My TL username was already taken on Livestream.com, is it OK for it to be different as long as it contains your username among other things?
My Sc2 Blog: http://sc2daily.blogspot.com/
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
January 15 2011 18:46 GMT
#157
Your livestream doesnt even have to be similar to your TL name in any way you just provide the link in the form given and it's associated with you on Team Liquid
NITRIXdaisuki
Profile Joined December 2010
United States57 Posts
January 16 2011 01:26 GMT
#158
I know i haven't been a member on teamliquid for longer than 3 months but i really want to start streaming
I haven't been very active on forums but i come on this site frequently to watch other people
I play a lot everyday and i'll contribute to TL community with my daily streams : ) it'll also improve my game! please let me stream !! thank you!!
Stream : www.twitch.tv/daisukisc2 Twitter : www.twitter.com/NITRIXdaisuki Sponsor : http://www.nitrixenergy.com.br/
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
January 16 2011 03:10 GMT
#159
You can stream but you won't be listed on the stream tracker until you hit 3 months and apply, go back and look at the previous thread if you can find it most of the people asking to be streamers were <30 posts and never actually streamed.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-16 23:40:12
January 16 2011 21:58 GMT
#160
I manually put my stream as disabled a few months ago because my computer could not support sufficient streaming, thus i stopped streaming. But now it can and I want to get back into it with even higher quality. But since it's "disabled" the application for a new stream doesn't work.

How do I go about re-applying my stream?
Thanks in advance.

Stream Application

Your stream is disabled and cannot be edited.


*note* I have switched to own3d.tv so if you check out my old justin.tv channel it does not exist anymore, so as soon as I can get access to my TL stream page again I will edit that right away.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 51 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 105
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4265
Bisu 1848
Soulkey 1459
EffOrt 924
Mini 671
Larva 401
Horang2 375
ZerO 350
actioN 204
ggaemo 175
[ Show more ]
Yoon 115
Shinee 101
Mind 94
hero 76
Sharp 70
Sea.KH 64
sorry 61
Snow 51
Barracks 45
Hyun 39
Bale 29
Trap 27
Terrorterran 25
ToSsGirL 22
NaDa 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5926
Dendi1172
420jenkins296
XaKoH 227
League of Legends
Reynor81
Counter-Strike
fl0m3642
x6flipin754
Fnx 673
pashabiceps203
edward27
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes400
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1388
hiko950
FrodaN446
B2W.Neo395
XBOCT200
Livibee168
QueenE108
TKL 100
Mew2King51
C9.Mang022
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV678
League of Legends
• Nemesis3877
• TFBlade649
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 31m
Patches Events
23h 31m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.