• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:29
CEST 18:29
KST 01:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9431 users

How to stream on TeamLiquid - Page 7

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 51 Next
1) Do NOT promote your own stream in this thread. You may create a separate thread to do so.
2) Do NOT post in this thread to request a streaming site / channel change.

Read the OP.
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
January 06 2011 17:36 GMT
#121
hey guys i want to start a casual bw stream, but a question, for my stream thread, should i make it in the scbw forum or the user streams forum?
starleague forever
Archon96
Profile Joined November 2010
United States38 Posts
January 06 2011 18:14 GMT
#122
Hello chill, I'm not new to TL in the least. Unfortunately, I just never registered an account. I've been a very dedicated user on TL, watching streams and reading threads, etc. The issue I'm currently faced with is having a home for my stream on TL. I read the page about the 3 month rule and understand there are exceptions that can be made. I will be a very active user and had originally planned to stream when the ladder reset on the 8th.

I know you get a ton of these messages and pms, but I think the one thing that separates me from everyone else is the fact that I have been on TL, and just never registered an account because I don't write many comments anyways.

Perhaps we can talk...

Archon
Master Toss looking for a pro team
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
January 06 2011 20:07 GMT
#123
On January 05 2011 15:18 Desti wrote:
Hi,

does the auto on/off function not work with sc-streams.com?

No.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 06 2011 20:10 GMT
#124
On January 07 2011 03:14 Archon96 wrote:
Hello chill, I'm not new to TL in the least. Unfortunately, I just never registered an account. I've been a very dedicated user on TL, watching streams and reading threads, etc. The issue I'm currently faced with is having a home for my stream on TL. I read the page about the 3 month rule and understand there are exceptions that can be made. I will be a very active user and had originally planned to stream when the ladder reset on the 8th.

I know you get a ton of these messages and pms, but I think the one thing that separates me from everyone else is the fact that I have been on TL, and just never registered an account because I don't write many comments anyways.

Perhaps we can talk...

Archon

Please just wait it out. Exceptions are for people like SlayerS_BoxeR and LiquidTLO.
Moderator
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 06 2011 20:10 GMT
#125
On January 07 2011 02:36 a176 wrote:
hey guys i want to start a casual bw stream, but a question, for my stream thread, should i make it in the scbw forum or the user streams forum?

You can't open threads in the User Streams forum. BW forum is good.
Moderator
Special Endrey
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1929 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-06 22:40:56
January 06 2011 22:40 GMT
#126
Hey there, any news on the "Own3d.tv / Your TL stream was detected as offline" issue ? 2 days ago i got the PM once but it marked the stream as offline for about 4 times this evening :%

Even tho it does not happen THAT often its still quite unpleasent.

kind regards
This signature is ruining eSports - -Twitter: @SpecialEndrey
TimMultiboxing
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 03:51:13
January 07 2011 03:43 GMT
#127
On December 28 2010 07:25 BROotogy wrote:
Does anyone have a guide on streaming? I did the search button about that one old thread for BW but idk how I'm going to stream SC2 cause apparently you can't stream the same way for SC2...


To get a good SC2 stream, you first really need to investigate the 5 main components of what is required to stream:

1) Your network upload speed, as the upload speed is the hard limiter on the quality you can stream at
2) Your PC specs, as streaming is extremely CPU intensive
3) Your monitor resolution - If you want HD quality video, you need a HD 16 : 9 resolution
4) A website to stream to (eg, Justin.tv, Ustream, Livestream, etc)
5) Your streaming configuration


For #1, go to any generic speed test website and test your upload speed. If you are going for a good HD quality stream, you want your upload to be at least 2.5-3Mbps. Your actual stream bitrate should be approx. 65% of your max upload speed. So if you have a 4000kbps max upload speed, set your stream bitrate to be 2600kbps max. This allows you ample room for game network traffic as well as preserving your latency/ping times.

For #2, any of the new i7 systems will be able to support a very high quality HD stream. The newest AMD CPUs can do this as well. The prior family of Intel CPUs, such as the Q9650, can also do HD streams. Any CPU below the Q9650 and you are going to have to tailor your stream to match the CPU.

For #3, you are going to want a 16 : 9 resolution monitor as that is what HD video is actually at. This means 1920x1080, or 1280x720. You could do a different resolution, but then you are going to have to "convert" that size to be a 1080/720 resolution. ANYTIME YOU CONVERT YOU WILL LESSEN THE QUALITY!! So as a rule of thumb, ONLY capture at a 16 : 9 resolution. I personally do 1920x1080 for my SC2 (and WoW) and it is awesome. If you must convert your stream output size, then do this: Set your monitor to 1920x1080, and convert your stream output to 1280x720. Those 2 sizes are exact mathematical ratios so the quality loss will be as minimal as possible.

For #4, I highly suggest you stream to Justin.tv for 1 simple reason: Quality. Unlike Livestream/Ustream, JTV does not limit you on your quality. You can literally stream a Bluray 1080p quality stream there completely free. To see an example of the quality you can get, see one of my streams (I stream at 5,000kbps 1080p) here: http://www.justin.tv/multiboxing/videos. For reference, the videos seen there are Adobe FMLE 3.1 - 1920x1080 capture - H.264 - 5000kbps bitrate - 224kbps mp3 sound - 2 second keyframe - H.264 4.2 Encoding Profile. The hardware required for a 5000kbps stream is Intel 980X CPU, so pretty high end, however, this is an extreme stream.

For #5, this is the magical part. I highly recommend you download the free Adobe FME 2.5 or 3.2. If you have an i7 CPU and high bandwidth, get 3.2. If you have lower bandwidth and/or a medium or lower end CPU, get verison 2.5. 2.5 is better for lower end streams, 3.2 for higher end. Also download VHScrCap, a desktop capture software, also free. From there you simply need to configure the 2 softwares to work together. There is a complete tutorial for how to set these things up, complete with videos and samples here: http://multiboxing.com/forums/f2/exact-way-stream-fme-jtv-read-1116.html

The minimum stream specs I would say for doing a HD stream are this: Set your monitor to 1920x1080 resolution, set FMLE to encode to 1280x720, use FME 2.5, VP6 encoding, set bitrate to 2000kbps.


Hopefully my gigantic wall of text post helps you and others out. Let me know if you have any question and I'll try and answer!
MG`Odien
Profile Joined December 2010
United States60 Posts
January 07 2011 16:32 GMT
#128
Sorry for the re-post, but since my post wasn't answered yet I figured I'd re-post just in case it was overlooked:
+ Show Spoiler +
I have a previous TL account "Sawyer" but since my alias namechange, I made a new TL account to match my Battle.net ID. I was a streamer on TL on the name "Sawyer"(willing to provide proof of ownership (tl account: Sawyer), but do I have to wait 3 months on this account to re-apply? or can I have it switched over?

I'd love to start streaming again, thank you!

edit: Also, I don't use Livestream anymore, I use Justin.tv.
Link: http://justin.tv/Odien

Thanks in advance.
MYM.Odien, Gz)odie_us, NeO)gabuAt, ToT)Sawyer(, Sawyer, oDieN
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 07 2011 18:26 GMT
#129
Just wait.
Moderator
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
January 07 2011 20:43 GMT
#130
On January 07 2011 07:40 Special Endrey wrote:
Hey there, any news on the "Own3d.tv / Your TL stream was detected as offline" issue ? 2 days ago i got the PM once but it marked the stream as offline for about 4 times this evening :%

Even tho it does not happen THAT often its still quite unpleasent.

kind regards

Their API is still incredibly broken, it reports some offline streams as having hundreds of viewers. For now, I added a nasty hack so it won't auto offline any stream that also has viewers (this only applies if you have the auto detect stream status set). Otherwise, the standard of 3+ offline responses from the API will mark your stream offline.

own3d said they were fixing it in early January so we'll see...
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
MG`Odien
Profile Joined December 2010
United States60 Posts
January 07 2011 22:26 GMT
#131
On January 08 2011 03:26 Chill wrote:
Just wait.

How swell. I'll see you in a month then. Thanks..
MYM.Odien, Gz)odie_us, NeO)gabuAt, ToT)Sawyer(, Sawyer, oDieN
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 23:21:31
January 07 2011 23:15 GMT
#132
Not sure where to post about this, but...

I have an issue with my streaming status on TL. I can't change anything in the status page (I only managed to turn my stream on with that arrow thing at the top left corner, but I can't do it any other way (I want to change it to [Misc])).

This is my error message ...
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Edit: I don't get the error message anymore, but I still can't change the status. It directs me to a stream managers page.
@KawaiiRiceLighT
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
January 07 2011 23:30 GMT
#133
Should be fixed, a small HTML bug crept in while I wasn't looking. Which brings me nicely to Stream Managers, you can now designate other TL users to help manage your stream by granting them permission to mark it online / offline or full control.

If you've been granted permission to manage someone's stream, you can go to http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/mystream.php to do so.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Nokarot
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1410 Posts
January 07 2011 23:35 GMT
#134
I'm receiving the "You don't have permission to manage this stream," as well. I don't particularly mind, because I haven't really used my stream anyway, but for the sake of troubleshooting I just figured I'd let you know that the issue still exists.

For fun, I tried going to "Manage Users" and adding myself, but it said I had full permission already.
beep beep boop
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 23:55:03
January 07 2011 23:37 GMT
#135
On January 08 2011 08:30 R1CH wrote:
Should be fixed, a small HTML bug crept in while I wasn't looking. Which brings me nicely to Stream Managers, you can now designate other TL users to help manage your stream by granting them permission to mark it online / offline or full control.

If you've been granted permission to manage someone's stream, you can go to http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/mystream.php to do so.


I don't get forced to stream managers anymore, but now I get the bug described in my first post pre-edit.

Cheers for new features d:~

edit: aha its all fixed ^_^ <3
@KawaiiRiceLighT
Nokarot
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1410 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 01:06:24
January 08 2011 00:24 GMT
#136
edit: Thanks~ Nevermind this post.
beep beep boop
eohs
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States677 Posts
January 08 2011 06:55 GMT
#137
HI there. I have had a stream for a few months now, but I have never gotten a THREAD for my stream. Anyway someone can point me in the right direction for this... thanks
WELCOME TO THE PARTY
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 08 2011 07:07 GMT
#138
? You say that like it's our fault.

Make a thread called [Stream] SeizeTheDay, then use the instructions in the OP to attach it to your stream...
Moderator
PlaGuE_R
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
France1151 Posts
January 08 2011 15:07 GMT
#139
I have a question about the sound quality of my livestream and I dont know where to post it. I don't want to make a new thread for nothing, So should I post it here? I'll check for a reply from a mod in this thread and edit this post if I'm told to post my question here. Thanks
TLO FIGHTING | me all in, he drone drone drone, me win - SK.MC | JINROLLED! | KraToss for the win
BuuGhost
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands340 Posts
January 08 2011 17:20 GMT
#140
On January 09 2011 00:07 PlaGuE_R wrote:
I have a question about the sound quality of my livestream and I dont know where to post it. I don't want to make a new thread for nothing, So should I post it here? I'll check for a reply from a mod in this thread and edit this post if I'm told to post my question here. Thanks

If you wish, You could PM me the question, I'm not some super high livestream.com tech expert, But my stream's sound quality is fine. So i may be able to help oyu.

Other than that i'd assume you could just post your question here. Since this thread is for a stream anyways.
"Kinda like this thing but there’s something you should know, I just came to say hello."
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 51 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
UpATreeSC 105
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4265
Bisu 1848
Soulkey 1459
EffOrt 924
Mini 671
Larva 401
Horang2 375
ZerO 350
actioN 204
ggaemo 175
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 122
Yoon 115
Shinee 101
Mind 94
hero 76
Sharp 70
sorry 61
Snow 51
Barracks 45
Hyun 39
Bale 29
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 21
NaDa 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5710
Dendi1324
420jenkins284
XaKoH 140
League of Legends
Reynor72
Counter-Strike
fl0m3555
Fnx 684
x6flipin638
pashabiceps54
edward27
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes380
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1374
hiko981
FrodaN435
B2W.Neo395
Liquid`VortiX218
XBOCT200
Livibee173
QueenE108
TKL 82
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis3458
• TFBlade787
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 31m
Patches Events
23h 31m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.