• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:29
CEST 23:29
KST 06:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9593 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 3159

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27419 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-12 15:30:44
March 12 2024 15:29 GMT
#63161
On March 12 2024 23:35 Vindicare605 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if GH gets moderated more strictly than other posters. Pretty much the only reason I know who he is is because of how often I see him temp'd, I don't interact with him much since he's only ever in the General Topics area of the site. Most of the other guys that got temp'd from the Palestine threads are guys I see on the regular in other areas of the site.

I went and checked the stats on profiles, pondering this after your post and with the realisation that I genuinely can’t recall GH chatting about well, StarCraft very much at all over the years.

I was actually surprised to see he actually joined after me, I’d always assumed he was some 2004 BW old hand who stuck around and enjoyed the culture and the patter enough that he’d transitioned to hanging around the general topics. As I, in my old age nowadays really lean hard on TL for its mod standards and preponderance as my chief place for discussing most things political.

One can quibble the odd time (and personally I’ve openly quibbled this specific GH ban) but one can’t overstress how TL can be an oasis of calm by virtue of its thoughtful, knowledgable posters, a sensible general approach to moderator and generally judicious judgement of moderators.

Truly GH must have been a prodigious poster volume wise in my times primarily sticking only to the SC sections to not only have more posts than me still, but in less time too!

PS I have a Liquipedia contribution, should be in my TL profile that nobody clicks on! (I kid) Adding the ‘Trap Award’ with the proviso that it’s an unofficial award, but that he set a record that is likely unassailable now of 10 consecutive GSL Ro8s or better.

curprev 09:08, 22 February 2024‎ WombaT-3 talk contribs stats‎ m 44,844 bytes +150‎ →‎Trivia [checked by Hjpalpha]
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-12 15:45:58
March 12 2024 15:37 GMT
#63162
Oh I don't dispute that TL is a great place to discuss a lot of topics, compared to other sites mostly because of how tight knit the community is here (people here know each other as much as an online community really can) and because of how well it's moderated.

But someone like GH sticks out because this place is first and foremost a Starcraft and esports site, and I never see GH in any of the threads about Starcraft. So when I see him more often in the automated ban list than I do in any of the SC threads his name tends to stick out.

Also I'm not commenting on whether or not I think his posting is bad at all either. I honestly don't read enough of what he posts to have an opinion either way. I'm just commenting on how often I've seen him temp'd.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27419 Posts
March 12 2024 15:56 GMT
#63163
On March 13 2024 00:37 Vindicare605 wrote:
Oh I don't dispute that TL is a great place to discuss a lot of topics, compared to other sites mostly because of how tight knit the community is here (people here know each other as much as an online community really can) and because of how well it's moderated.

But someone like GH sticks out because this place is first and foremost a Starcraft and esports site, and I never see GH in any of the threads about Starcraft. So when I see him more often in the automated ban list than I do in any of the SC threads his name tends to stick out.

Maybe he self-moderates and if his political opinions may on occasion cause friction, his opinions on balance are so damn extreme that they can’t possibly be voiced for the sake of forum cohesion.

Indeed with zero supplementary evidence whatsoever this is now my headcanon. He’s quite a cerebral kinda guy so I imagine he’s a Protoss aficionado, as all such types are.

*clenches fist* ‘Oh fuck no Protoss in Ro8 again?! I must control my rage and channel it in impassioned political argumentation instead of destructive balance whining!’



'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
March 12 2024 15:58 GMT
#63164
On March 13 2024 00:56 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 00:37 Vindicare605 wrote:
Oh I don't dispute that TL is a great place to discuss a lot of topics, compared to other sites mostly because of how tight knit the community is here (people here know each other as much as an online community really can) and because of how well it's moderated.

But someone like GH sticks out because this place is first and foremost a Starcraft and esports site, and I never see GH in any of the threads about Starcraft. So when I see him more often in the automated ban list than I do in any of the SC threads his name tends to stick out.

Maybe he self-moderates and if his political opinions may on occasion cause friction, his opinions on balance are so damn extreme that they can’t possibly be voiced for the sake of forum cohesion.

Indeed with zero supplementary evidence whatsoever this is now my headcanon. He’s quite a cerebral kinda guy so I imagine he’s a Protoss aficionado, as all such types are.

*clenches fist* ‘Oh fuck no Protoss in Ro8 again?! I must control my rage and channel it in impassioned political argumentation instead of destructive balance whining!’





This is another one of those times I'm just going to nod and slowly back away from you.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27419 Posts
March 12 2024 16:32 GMT
#63165
On March 13 2024 00:58 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 00:56 WombaT wrote:
On March 13 2024 00:37 Vindicare605 wrote:
Oh I don't dispute that TL is a great place to discuss a lot of topics, compared to other sites mostly because of how tight knit the community is here (people here know each other as much as an online community really can) and because of how well it's moderated.

But someone like GH sticks out because this place is first and foremost a Starcraft and esports site, and I never see GH in any of the threads about Starcraft. So when I see him more often in the automated ban list than I do in any of the SC threads his name tends to stick out.

Maybe he self-moderates and if his political opinions may on occasion cause friction, his opinions on balance are so damn extreme that they can’t possibly be voiced for the sake of forum cohesion.

Indeed with zero supplementary evidence whatsoever this is now my headcanon. He’s quite a cerebral kinda guy so I imagine he’s a Protoss aficionado, as all such types are.

*clenches fist* ‘Oh fuck no Protoss in Ro8 again?! I must control my rage and channel it in impassioned political argumentation instead of destructive balance whining!’





This is another one of those times I'm just going to nod and slowly back away from you.

‘Another?’

'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12536 Posts
March 12 2024 17:13 GMT
#63166
GH played zerg, so his opinions about balance would be wrong
No will to live, no wish to die
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
March 12 2024 17:48 GMT
#63167
On March 13 2024 00:56 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 00:37 Vindicare605 wrote:
Oh I don't dispute that TL is a great place to discuss a lot of topics, compared to other sites mostly because of how tight knit the community is here (people here know each other as much as an online community really can) and because of how well it's moderated.

But someone like GH sticks out because this place is first and foremost a Starcraft and esports site, and I never see GH in any of the threads about Starcraft. So when I see him more often in the automated ban list than I do in any of the SC threads his name tends to stick out.

Maybe he self-moderates and if his political opinions may on occasion cause friction, his opinions on balance are so damn extreme that they can’t possibly be voiced for the sake of forum cohesion.

Indeed with zero supplementary evidence whatsoever this is now my headcanon. He’s quite a cerebral kinda guy so I imagine he’s a Protoss aficionado, as all such types are.

*clenches fist* ‘Oh fuck no Protoss in Ro8 again?! I must control my rage and channel it in impassioned political argumentation instead of destructive balance whining!’




GH strikes me as a zerg player in both BW and SC2
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
March 12 2024 19:01 GMT
#63168
On March 13 2024 00:56 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 00:37 Vindicare605 wrote:
Oh I don't dispute that TL is a great place to discuss a lot of topics, compared to other sites mostly because of how tight knit the community is here (people here know each other as much as an online community really can) and because of how well it's moderated.

But someone like GH sticks out because this place is first and foremost a Starcraft and esports site, and I never see GH in any of the threads about Starcraft. So when I see him more often in the automated ban list than I do in any of the SC threads his name tends to stick out.

Maybe he self-moderates and if his political opinions may on occasion cause friction, his opinions on balance are so damn extreme that they can’t possibly be voiced for the sake of forum cohesion.

Indeed with zero supplementary evidence whatsoever this is now my headcanon. He’s quite a cerebral kinda guy so I imagine he’s a Protoss aficionado, as all such types are.

*clenches fist* ‘Oh fuck no Protoss in Ro8 again?! I must control my rage and channel it in impassioned political argumentation instead of destructive balance whining!’





That'd be so epic. GH channelling his protoss balance whine energy into furious socialist revolution.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
March 12 2024 19:02 GMT
#63169
On March 13 2024 02:13 Nebuchad wrote:
GH played zerg, so his opinions about balance would be wrong

Nah, that doesn't match my head canon!
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27419 Posts
March 12 2024 19:10 GMT
#63170
On March 13 2024 04:01 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 00:56 WombaT wrote:
On March 13 2024 00:37 Vindicare605 wrote:
Oh I don't dispute that TL is a great place to discuss a lot of topics, compared to other sites mostly because of how tight knit the community is here (people here know each other as much as an online community really can) and because of how well it's moderated.

But someone like GH sticks out because this place is first and foremost a Starcraft and esports site, and I never see GH in any of the threads about Starcraft. So when I see him more often in the automated ban list than I do in any of the SC threads his name tends to stick out.

Maybe he self-moderates and if his political opinions may on occasion cause friction, his opinions on balance are so damn extreme that they can’t possibly be voiced for the sake of forum cohesion.

Indeed with zero supplementary evidence whatsoever this is now my headcanon. He’s quite a cerebral kinda guy so I imagine he’s a Protoss aficionado, as all such types are.

*clenches fist* ‘Oh fuck no Protoss in Ro8 again?! I must control my rage and channel it in impassioned political argumentation instead of destructive balance whining!’





That'd be so epic. GH channelling his protoss balance whine energy into furious socialist revolution.

I mean I’d be there on both battlefronts like…

A socialist utopia where Protoss also isn’t shit? Look sign me up!

Flippancy aside and, let’s be fair it’s probably common knowledge I’m joking around the topic but GH is one of my favourite posters and one I really do listen to and find very valuable for their insight
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-12 22:11:46
March 12 2024 21:59 GMT
#63171
On March 13 2024 04:02 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 02:13 Nebuchad wrote:
GH played zerg, so his opinions about balance would be wrong

Nah, that doesn't match my head canon!


Really? I can only see GH self-identify as Zerg.

Can't be protoss, they're elitist tower-building fuckers that consider themselves above the other races, not fighting their way up from below the other races.

Can't be terran, they're fascist-adjacent warmongers that are more than willing to imprison and enslave 'aliens' to use and abuse for their own means.

Gotta be Zerg, just wiggly toothy boys trying to live their best lives in a universe that wants to eradicate them. Even Kerrigan, the woke human convert finally sympathetic to the zerg cause becomes enemy to the universe when she is born anew in the warmth of the Zerg.

Specifically, GH is an overlord (though he resents the 'lord' in his title) just "B'AAWWWW'ing from the skies about the plights of his fellow zerg.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17880 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-14 00:40:07
March 14 2024 00:39 GMT
#63172
I self identify as Jim Raynor due to the great acting jobs Jason Patric does playing compromised cops.

Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
April 14 2024 12:48 GMT
#63173
We've done this song and dance before, but the guy who has a hardon for Greek mythology is back! Leiocritus, Penthesilea and Aethra all popped up in the last 48 hours or so. Wonder how long they keep it up this time
Aethra
Profile Joined April 2024
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-04-14 14:03:57
April 14 2024 13:49 GMT
#63174
--- Nuked ---
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 14 2024 15:12 GMT
#63175
--- Nuked ---
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44327 Posts
April 14 2024 15:30 GMT
#63176
I have literally no idea who he is. General Bison Tuesday situation.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
April 14 2024 15:48 GMT
#63177
--- Nuked ---
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12536 Posts
April 14 2024 23:34 GMT
#63178
I am glad to report that after ten minutes of reading Bathycles like popsicles I realized that it should be read like Perikles
No will to live, no wish to die
MJG
Profile Joined May 2018
United Kingdom1451 Posts
April 17 2024 11:02 GMT
#63179
Was there something wrong with that post in particular or is it a PBU?

I'm not familiar enough with the situation to know if there's something glaringly bad about it.
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
April 17 2024 12:15 GMT
#63180
On April 17 2024 20:02 MJG wrote:
Was there something wrong with that post in particular or is it a PBU?

I'm not familiar enough with the situation to know if there's something glaringly bad about it.

Which post? He tends to write 1 rather good post and then spam ad hominems at anybody who disagrees.

His last 30 or so accounts have been dedicated to quoting himself and saying "I agree" , though.
Prev 1 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
JuggernautJason111
Nina 66
ViBE24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18096
Soulkey 215
White-Ra 188
Mini 153
ToSsGirL 20
Shine 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever145
League of Legends
Doublelift3207
Counter-Strike
fl0m1379
shoxiejesuss441
C9.Mang0182
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4749
Khaldor1882
Liquid`Hasu1301
Trikslyr49
Other Games
summit1g5242
ArmadaUGS2938
shahzam480
B2W.Neo457
Pyrionflax193
ZombieGrub103
Mew2King48
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 23
• davetesta17
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• HerbMon 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade929
• Noizen90
Other Games
• Scarra1116
• imaqtpie1073
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 31m
OSC
15h 31m
Stellar Fest
15h 31m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.