• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:47
CEST 19:47
KST 02:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7526 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 2616

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
November 04 2015 09:31 GMT
#52301
On November 04 2015 11:49 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2015 11:40 farvacola wrote:
It's ok, people know plenty about you too

I've always thought that oppiska's posting habits are cloesly related to his shoe-size of 43, and yogurt+cereal breakfasts.


That would be a fair shot if I weren't eastern-european, the idea of "cereals" has mostly missed us.

However there something interesting you can observe - perhaps through this thread - that apart from outright morons, trolls and adbots, a lot of people who get permed are people who are quite deep in the community, have a lot of interactions and connections with other TL users. Of course, if you don't post at all, you won't get banned, so some correlation is expected, but to me it sometimes look like the perm is a natural outcome of ab otherwise fruitful forum-life for a certain kind of TL users. And honestly I don't think that this observation should provoke some thought about the "victims", but maybe rather about the system.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 04 2015 10:28 GMT
#52302
I always thought perm bans were a logical consequence of being an active poster in the General threads. Everything's so garbage in there, I cannot believe it everytime I make the huge mistake of stepping in that hostile territory.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
November 04 2015 19:38 GMT
#52303
apparently the league preseason changes are having some disagreememnt

On November 05 2015 00:02 Volband wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2015 23:57 Ketara wrote:
This thread needs some mods in it, for serious.

Agree. It's bad enough that - seemingly - more people oppose the changes than agree with it, but the fact that they even voice it is just one step too much. With a few warnings, everyone should be convinced that season 6 ranked will be the best ranked experience out of any game throughout the history of gaming.

Imagine how this thread would look like if Lyte moderated it, haha.

- Looking good!
- Can't wait!
- Any1 looking for groups? We are a group of 3, welcoming anyone!
- SWEET!!!
- Riot outdid themselves, for real.
- I dunno guys... [Warned]
- Just what I wanted!

(+ a million [---NUKED---] of course)

User was temp banned for this post.

"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
November 04 2015 20:48 GMT
#52304
On November 04 2015 19:28 OtherWorld wrote:
I always thought perm bans were a logical consequence of being an active poster in the General threads. Everything's so garbage in there, I cannot believe it everytime I make the huge mistake of stepping in that hostile territory.


I don't understand this mentality. What do you think forums are?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 05 2015 00:08 GMT
#52305
On November 05 2015 05:48 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2015 19:28 OtherWorld wrote:
I always thought perm bans were a logical consequence of being an active poster in the General threads. Everything's so garbage in there, I cannot believe it everytime I make the huge mistake of stepping in that hostile territory.


I don't understand this mentality. What do you think forums are?

A place to discuss, not a place to debate, and especially not a place to debate heated subjects like politics, religions, the evolution of society, or meat consumption.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
November 05 2015 00:11 GMT
#52306
On November 04 2015 16:28 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
apparently people are very invested into fallout.

Show nested quote +
On November 04 2015 13:58 Lauchboy wrote:
That says everything about the Dialogue-System!

[image loading]

User was banned for this post.



He concisely pointed out what his problem with FO4 is :/
rip passion
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46489 Posts
November 05 2015 01:11 GMT
#52307
On November 05 2015 09:08 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 05:48 IgnE wrote:
On November 04 2015 19:28 OtherWorld wrote:
I always thought perm bans were a logical consequence of being an active poster in the General threads. Everything's so garbage in there, I cannot believe it everytime I make the huge mistake of stepping in that hostile territory.


I don't understand this mentality. What do you think forums are?

A place to discuss, not a place to debate, and especially not a place to debate heated subjects like politics, religions, the evolution of society, or meat consumption.


I think you're mistaking the General threads for the game-specific threads?

Also, explicitly debating religion is pretty much frowned upon, because of how easily that escalates into full-blown ostracism.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44354 Posts
November 05 2015 01:31 GMT
#52308
I'm not sure that I agree that all religion will eventually devolve into ostrich worship. I mean, sure, they're big, for birds, but ostracism? That's a bit far.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46489 Posts
November 05 2015 01:37 GMT
#52309
On November 05 2015 10:31 KwarK wrote:
I'm not sure that I agree that all religion will eventually devolve into ostrich worship. I mean, sure, they're big, for birds, but ostracism? That's a bit far.


Good point. I've heard that religious fundamentalism is "for the birds", but I've never learned which ones...
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
November 05 2015 01:49 GMT
#52310
On November 04 2015 19:28 OtherWorld wrote:
I always thought perm bans were a logical consequence of being an active poster in the General threads. Everything's so garbage in there, I cannot believe it everytime I make the huge mistake of stepping in that hostile territory.


That doesn't make any sense. What would you even keep a forum when you despise it's contents so much that you ban everyone who produces too much of it? If this were true then the General forum is purpotedly set up so that people can go post there for some limited amount of time. Do you really need me to try to explain why making an effort to make sure that the result is neither "no posting" or "posting forever", but something temporarily limited is absurd beyond words?

I really think that most of the problem is some overdone sensitivity and purported offense-taking. People should just stop being such crybabies when someone writes something they don't like on the internet. My suggestion for improving the General forum would be to ban only clear assholes, derails meant to sabotage the discussion and then everyone who acts offended by anything. Then we could start having some good discussion.

"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
November 05 2015 01:53 GMT
#52311
On November 05 2015 09:08 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 05:48 IgnE wrote:
On November 04 2015 19:28 OtherWorld wrote:
I always thought perm bans were a logical consequence of being an active poster in the General threads. Everything's so garbage in there, I cannot believe it everytime I make the huge mistake of stepping in that hostile territory.


I don't understand this mentality. What do you think forums are?

A place to discuss, not a place to debate, and especially not a place to debate heated subjects like politics, religions, the evolution of society, or meat consumption.



What's the difference between a "debate" and a "discussion"?

You also sound like a really boring person.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
November 05 2015 01:55 GMT
#52312
On November 05 2015 10:53 IgnE wrote:
You also sound like a really boring person.


I would demand a ban if someone said that to me
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46489 Posts
November 05 2015 01:55 GMT
#52313
On November 05 2015 10:53 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 09:08 OtherWorld wrote:
On November 05 2015 05:48 IgnE wrote:
On November 04 2015 19:28 OtherWorld wrote:
I always thought perm bans were a logical consequence of being an active poster in the General threads. Everything's so garbage in there, I cannot believe it everytime I make the huge mistake of stepping in that hostile territory.


I don't understand this mentality. What do you think forums are?

A place to discuss, not a place to debate, and especially not a place to debate heated subjects like politics, religions, the evolution of society, or meat consumption.



What's the difference between a "debate" and a "discussion"?

You also sound like a really boring person.


A discussion is what PC people call a debate.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46489 Posts
November 05 2015 01:57 GMT
#52314
On November 05 2015 10:55 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 10:53 IgnE wrote:
You also sound like a really boring person.


I would demand a ban if someone said that to me


You'd demand that the accuser be banned? Or you'd ask to get banned so you could go learn how to be interesting?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
November 05 2015 03:08 GMT
#52315
International politics is almost always a thousand flame wars ready to happen. Everyone has a thousand different interpretations that they believe in strongly, and no one is clearly correct (but everyone likes to think they are).
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 05 2015 03:34 GMT
#52316
On November 05 2015 10:53 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 09:08 OtherWorld wrote:
On November 05 2015 05:48 IgnE wrote:
On November 04 2015 19:28 OtherWorld wrote:
I always thought perm bans were a logical consequence of being an active poster in the General threads. Everything's so garbage in there, I cannot believe it everytime I make the huge mistake of stepping in that hostile territory.


I don't understand this mentality. What do you think forums are?

A place to discuss, not a place to debate, and especially not a place to debate heated subjects like politics, religions, the evolution of society, or meat consumption.



What's the difference between a "debate" and a "discussion"?

You also sound like a really boring person.

I think a discussion becomes a debate when the people involved stop having the intent of sharing their opinion on a matter or learning what others think on a matter, and start having the sole intent of convincing others that their opinion is the one and only correct opinion to hold.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
November 05 2015 03:49 GMT
#52317
i like the general forum for the variety of flora and fauna. it's like a gallery or zoo of exotic opinions and people.

We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-05 05:20:21
November 05 2015 05:08 GMT
#52318
On November 05 2015 10:49 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2015 19:28 OtherWorld wrote:
I always thought perm bans were a logical consequence of being an active poster in the General threads. Everything's so garbage in there, I cannot believe it everytime I make the huge mistake of stepping in that hostile territory.


That doesn't make any sense. What would you even keep a forum when you despise it's contents so much that you ban everyone who produces too much of it? If this were true then the General forum is purpotedly set up so that people can go post there for some limited amount of time. Do you really need me to try to explain why making an effort to make sure that the result is neither "no posting" or "posting forever", but something temporarily limited is absurd beyond words?

I really think that most of the problem is some overdone sensitivity and purported offense-taking. People should just stop being such crybabies when someone writes something they don't like on the internet. My suggestion for improving the General forum would be to ban only clear assholes, derails meant to sabotage the discussion and then everyone who acts offended by anything. Then we could start having some good discussion.



I'm not sure why you spend so much of your time defending shitty posters, but they don't make discussions more readable or valuable by being there. Also your argument that posting a lot in general forums always results in a ban is fallacious. The fact that a few of the higher profile general forum users get banned from time to time is not due to the fact that they are active general forum posters, but rather because they are higher profile due to how disputatious and caustic they are. Those posters are part of the reason in the first place why so many people think General threads are completely garbage, and reasonably avoid them.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24371 Posts
November 05 2015 05:50 GMT
#52319
On November 05 2015 09:11 Deathstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2015 16:28 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
apparently people are very invested into fallout.

On November 04 2015 13:58 Lauchboy wrote:
That says everything about the Dialogue-System!

[image loading]

User was banned for this post.



He concisely pointed out what his problem with FO4 is :/



I thought it was just biting social commentary in general and pretty funny/accurate about us as a society at large. Didn't realize there was some serious beef going on about it around FO4
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
November 05 2015 08:34 GMT
#52320
I'm so glad that there is no real refugee crisis discussion going on. You guys should check german facebook sites, so much racism popping up, it's a shame.
Prev 1 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
MaxPax 171
IndyStarCraft 170
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub44
RuFF_SC2 38
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3326
Shuttle 831
Mini 467
EffOrt 413
Rush 171
Dewaltoss 151
Mind 89
HiyA 78
910 75
Zeus 68
[ Show more ]
hero 56
Bale 26
sorry 19
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 13
zelot 10
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 672
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3008
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9685
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 127
C9.Mang081
QueenE74
Trikslyr62
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 14m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 14m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.