• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:44
CEST 10:44
KST 17:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7906 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 76

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 322 Next
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 18 2011 18:32 GMT
#1501
I posted in the strategy section a lot. Then I started sending whiny PMs to Mani complaining about the shitty strategy forum. So he suggested to the staff that I moderate it.

They told me to only moderate the strategy forum. Then I slowly started moderating more and nobody said anything and years later here we are.
Moderator
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
January 18 2011 18:45 GMT
#1502
On January 18 2011 16:00 slappy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 15:36 infinitestory wrote:
On January 18 2011 05:02 slappy wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:25 AirbladeOrange wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:10 bkrow wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:02 BroOd wrote:
Well, the poison is in the blood, so... leeches.

You should be careful .. someone might take you seriously O_o


Now I'm confused whether or not I should put leeches on my body.

I believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet. I wouldn't want to live life any other way.


^ LOL

Q: How did you determine who the mods will be? Do you guys know each other personally? Or did you get to know the guys from being wholesome active members of Teamliquid?

Same goes for writers and liquipedia guys - did they just fall into your lap since you have a copious amount of people on TL? You just see a person really knowledgeable about the players/game and ask them if they would like to take on the responsibility?

Or you have cattle-call tryouts similar to Ninja Warrior, and only the ones to complete all stages can be part of the gosu TL team?

Dunno about the other teams, but that last sentence is actually suspiciously accurate for the translator team. Basically, if someone goes on a large enough translating spree to get noticed by existing members, he can get recruited. I think the writing team is similar, but I'd assume mods have a much more stringent selection process.


damn that's so badass, I always wanted to try out for ninja warrior, or japanese log riding! seriously though I appreciate the work of all the translators!

could a mod chip in about how they are selected?




I think a select few ie: HotBid and intrigue, etc. just go about with people who they think would do a good job that have been around the community for a while, then proceed from there.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
January 18 2011 19:11 GMT
#1503
On January 18 2011 16:00 slappy wrote:
could a mod chip in about how they are selected?

I'm going to pull a Julian Assange and give you guys the real dirt on how you get picked to be a TL mod.

The selection process is actually remarkably similar to the hit MTV series Wild 'n Out starring American actor/rapper/comedian/tv personality Nick Cannon. The current mod staff selects a group of potential candidates based on their posting history, desire to contribute and overall likability. These candidates are then pitted against each other in a semi-informal series of verbal battles in the IRC channel #theoctagon. Potential staff are vetted through events like "free-style rap battle," "yo-mama snaps" and a harrowing experience known only as "the gauntlet." Only the bravest, strongest candidates leave #theoctagon with their dignity intact.

Survivors of this intense ordeal then gain access to a hidden forum called POST ATTACK, where the TLnet.bot populates dozens of topics and posts in rapid succession. The candidates, already weary and disoriented from #theoctagon, must attempt to mod these threads with precision and accuracy as the bot increases the number of bad posts with its mystical, horrifying "troll algorithm." Should robots ever become sentient, we should not fear the terminators. The troll algorithm will surely drive us all mad before they ever even arrive.

Should a candidate cling to sanity long enough to moderate all the troll topics, he or she will find themselves up against the final test. I cannot tell you all about the final test, not because I wish to keep it a secret or deny you this information, but because to tell you would be to doom you. I still have nightmares about the last person to fail the final test. They found him alone in his apartment, naked and curled up in a dark corner in a state of rigor mortis. His spine had turned to glass and shattered, and black pitch bubbled from his gaping mouth, eternally frozen in a look of abject terror.

Hope that this answered part of your question.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
January 18 2011 19:16 GMT
#1504
Holy shit, I haven't heard about Nick Cannon in years. When did he start turning up again?

Also, great post, BroOd.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
January 18 2011 19:20 GMT
#1505
@ treehugger, semioldguy, and chill - thanks for sharing your stories and answering my question!

@ brood - I work with an algorithm writing company.. I would be very interested in this "troll algorithm", it sounds pretty brutal.
lol thanks for the laugh
jaedong imba
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
January 18 2011 19:34 GMT
#1506
On January 18 2011 05:02 slappy wrote:
Same goes for writers and liquipedia guys - did they just fall into your lap since you have a copious amount of people on TL? You just see a person really knowledgeable about the players/game and ask them if they would like to take on the responsibility?


Oh I guess I can answer this.
It's fairly simple
1, contribute a lot of good content and improve the content that's already there.
2, ask for help and help out others whenever you can and partake in discussions on #liquipedia and talk pages.
3, ???
4, Profit
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
January 18 2011 19:36 GMT
#1507
On January 19 2011 04:20 slappy wrote:
@ treehugger, semioldguy, and chill - thanks for sharing your stories and answering my question!

@ brood - I work with an algorithm writing company.. I would be very interested in this "troll algorithm", it sounds pretty brutal.
lol thanks for the laugh

I think you should put it out of your mind, for your own sake. The last guy who thought he could figure out the troll algorithm spends his time in a 6x6 padded cell these days. His neighbors got worried one night and called the police. They found him crying, naked, at 3 AM, violently shaking his computer monitor and screaming, "THATS NOT HOW PHYSICS WORKS, NONE OF THOSE THINGS ARE REAL SCIENCE!"
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
January 19 2011 04:11 GMT
#1508
On January 18 2011 16:00 slappy wrote:
could a mod chip in about how they are selected?

I woke up one day and I was staff. I tried to stop them, but before I knew it I was an admin.

Run now while you still can. TL is a cult, and even its leaders are powerless to escape its grasp.
Administrator
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
January 19 2011 04:50 GMT
#1509
On January 19 2011 13:11 SonuvBob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 16:00 slappy wrote:
could a mod chip in about how they are selected?

I woke up one day and I was staff. I tried to stop them, but before I knew it I was an admin.

Run now while you still can. TL is a cult, and even its leaders are powerless to escape its grasp.

Hey man

If you ever feel like a break i can take over for you just trying to help out :D
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Mawi
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4365 Posts
January 19 2011 14:49 GMT
#1510
Is it true that TL mods track down Trolls IP Adresses and onces in a year they prepare which trolls to kidnap and all the mods at TL gather at a secret destination too sacrifice the trolls and drink their blood in a satanic ritual in order to make sure no trolls can escape the wrath of TL?

If so please let me know, I shall troll no more.
Forever Mirin Zyzz Son of Zeus Brother of Hercules Father of the Aesthetics
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
January 19 2011 15:16 GMT
#1511
Who can I contact when TLPD information is wrong?

Now specifically Goody's 2-0 win over Kas is displayed as a 0-2 loss

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=sc2-international&type=players&id=1221&part=games&league=standard

And some questions regarding TLPD:
How is it determined what tournament will be taken into account? Sometimes I look up the TLPD when a fav player of mine got far in a tourney and beat some good players to see how it has impact on his ELO but it never appears Some tournaments are only sometimes considered (like the Zotac & Competo Cups), some never (4PL Close Combat) even though there are the same players participating as for example in Go4Sc2, why? Is it just "laziness" (too much effort to look everyday for tourneys) or is there a system behind it? Thx in advance
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
January 19 2011 16:25 GMT
#1512
@Leviance
There is a TLPD feedback thread in the Website Feedback forum where any TLPD questions/corrections/etc can be posted.

I believe anyone on the staff can edit TLPD entries, or at least I am able to, so I corrected that match's entry.

As for your other TLPD questions, I have no idea. I don't usually do TLPD stuff or know how certain things are determined.
Moderator
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
January 19 2011 20:21 GMT
#1513
When is there actually going to be a Team Liquid reality show?
Cowgod2007
Profile Joined September 2010
United States9 Posts
January 19 2011 22:59 GMT
#1514
this isn't for any mod specifically...
but what is your favorite pizza topping and why?
youtube.com/multicheesenips
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
January 19 2011 23:07 GMT
#1515
Cheese! Loads of cheese! Can't have a pizza without cheese!

Other than cheese, I enjoy onions. I never get a pizza without onions.
Moderator
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-19 23:18:33
January 19 2011 23:17 GMT
#1516
On January 20 2011 05:21 AirbladeOrange wrote:
When is there actually going to be a Team Liquid reality show?

Manifesto7 becomes a progamer

I'd watch it.
Liquipedia
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
January 19 2011 23:44 GMT
#1517
Episode #451 - Manifesto finally hotkeys a command center. Gets supply blocked as a result.
ModeratorGodfather
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
January 19 2011 23:53 GMT
#1518
On January 20 2011 08:44 Manifesto7 wrote:
Episode #451 - Manifesto finally hotkeys a command center. Gets supply blocked as a result.


Eh that was a good episode, but i gotta say its been going down hill since season 18, but for whatever reason when i try to stop watching it my eyes burn, everything i eat tastes like ash, and no amount of water can quench my thirst so i just keep watching
baskerville
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
541 Posts
January 19 2011 23:55 GMT
#1519
Why is there no random decal on tl?
http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/random-big.gif
Proto_Protoss
Profile Joined September 2010
United States495 Posts
January 19 2011 23:57 GMT
#1520
What is your favorite moment of TL history?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up everytime we do." - Confucius
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3146
Soma 368
Rush 298
Killer 95
ToSsGirL 88
Mong 76
Shinee 53
Counter-Strike
olofmeister643
byalli626
ceh9554
shoxiejesuss522
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g6442
Happy411
dupreeh258
Sick247
crisheroes165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1184
• Stunt424
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 16m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.