• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:18
CEST 08:18
KST 15:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8623 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 75

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 322 Next
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
January 17 2011 08:10 GMT
#1481
On January 17 2011 17:02 BroOd wrote:
Well, the poison is in the blood, so... leeches.

You should be careful .. someone might take you seriously O_o
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
January 17 2011 08:25 GMT
#1482
On January 17 2011 17:10 bkrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2011 17:02 BroOd wrote:
Well, the poison is in the blood, so... leeches.

You should be careful .. someone might take you seriously O_o


Now I'm confused whether or not I should put leeches on my body.

I believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet. I wouldn't want to live life any other way.
2l84that
Profile Joined November 2010
Turkey35 Posts
January 17 2011 09:08 GMT
#1483
Does Manifesto ever sleeps?
sqrt
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1210 Posts
January 17 2011 10:23 GMT
#1484
On January 17 2011 16:58 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Starcraft is the worst hobby I have ever had. I spend about 10 hours a week playing it and about 158 hours a week reading/watching Starcraft related things. What is the best way to ween myself off of my addiction?


Not a TL staff member, but...if you want to put a stop to your Starcraft obsession the most effective thing you could do is pick up World of Warcraft.
@
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
January 17 2011 11:17 GMT
#1485
On January 17 2011 17:25 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2011 17:10 bkrow wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:02 BroOd wrote:
Well, the poison is in the blood, so... leeches.

You should be careful .. someone might take you seriously O_o


Now I'm confused whether or not I should put leeches on my body.

I believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet. I wouldn't want to live life any other way.

Broods just being silly. Regular hemodialysis three days a week for four hours at a time should be more than sufficient. Consult your physician
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
2l84that
Profile Joined November 2010
Turkey35 Posts
January 17 2011 11:21 GMT
#1486
On January 17 2011 19:23 sqrt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2011 16:58 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Starcraft is the worst hobby I have ever had. I spend about 10 hours a week playing it and about 158 hours a week reading/watching Starcraft related things. What is the best way to ween myself off of my addiction?


Not a TL staff member, but...if you want to put a stop to your Starcraft obsession the most effective thing you could do is pick up World of Warcraft.



It's like, if you wanna quite weed, start cocain/heroin.

IT made me laugh.
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
January 17 2011 17:26 GMT
#1487
On January 17 2011 19:23 sqrt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2011 16:58 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Starcraft is the worst hobby I have ever had. I spend about 10 hours a week playing it and about 158 hours a week reading/watching Starcraft related things. What is the best way to ween myself off of my addiction?


Not a TL staff member, but...if you want to put a stop to your Starcraft obsession the most effective thing you could do is pick up World of Warcraft.


Or ask one of the admins/mods for an ip ban from tl, so you can't view the site, that would probably help.
OpRaider
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States307 Posts
January 17 2011 17:58 GMT
#1488
You can still view the site when you're banned. The only thing you can't do is post.
it is what it is -day9 airplane story
Thegilaboy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2018 Posts
January 17 2011 18:02 GMT
#1489
On January 18 2011 02:58 OpRaider wrote:
You can still view the site when you're banned. The only thing you can't do is post.


There are bans that can prevent the person from seeing the site as well. Regular temp bans are what you described
TSM
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Great Britain584 Posts
January 17 2011 18:04 GMT
#1490
why has someone got a stalker portrait and not a BW one?

The person to smile when everything goes wrong has found someone to blame it on - arthur bloch **** tl:dr *user was banned for this post*
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
January 17 2011 18:07 GMT
#1491
On January 18 2011 03:04 thespitfire wrote:
why has someone got a stalker portrait and not a BW one?

Outstanding contributors to TL are sometimes eligible for special icons. Motbob is one of them, thus the Stalker. Other people with this honor include MrHoon, NeverGG, and lilsusie.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
January 17 2011 18:53 GMT
#1492
On January 18 2011 03:07 Aeres wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 03:04 thespitfire wrote:
why has someone got a stalker portrait and not a BW one?

Outstanding contributors to TL are sometimes eligible for special icons. Motbob is one of them, thus the Stalker. Other people with this honor include MrHoon, NeverGG, and lilsusie.

Didn't he just win the 1st SC2 Liquibet? Or is it for both contributions (R&S thread?) and winning liquibet?
wwww
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
January 17 2011 19:49 GMT
#1493
Hey guys, can you fix the progamers nicknames, coz there's a bit of a mess around there. IMNesTea is known as ZergBong and so on ...
I know it's prolly a bit of a pain in ze ass to make 2 pages for the same person, but some of us (not me, obviously, I'm with the 1st BW generation) don't know who these players are or are having troubles recognizing them.
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
January 17 2011 20:02 GMT
#1494
On January 17 2011 17:25 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2011 17:10 bkrow wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:02 BroOd wrote:
Well, the poison is in the blood, so... leeches.

You should be careful .. someone might take you seriously O_o


Now I'm confused whether or not I should put leeches on my body.

I believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet. I wouldn't want to live life any other way.


^ LOL

Q: How did you determine who the mods will be? Do you guys know each other personally? Or did you get to know the guys from being wholesome active members of Teamliquid?

Same goes for writers and liquipedia guys - did they just fall into your lap since you have a copious amount of people on TL? You just see a person really knowledgeable about the players/game and ask them if they would like to take on the responsibility?

Or you have cattle-call tryouts similar to Ninja Warrior, and only the ones to complete all stages can be part of the gosu TL team?
jaedong imba
SlapMySalami
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
January 18 2011 00:17 GMT
#1495
tieya was just banned by iNcontroL.

That account was created on 2010-09-19 08:44:41 and had 308 posts.

Reason: I found you Dragon Slayer X member. And now you are mine.
Also, 3 warnings in a couple months? Pretty good example of why you guys are being exterminated.

JW what is Dragon Slayer X
marineking will u huk my bigtt1 ilu
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
January 18 2011 06:36 GMT
#1496
On January 18 2011 05:02 slappy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2011 17:25 AirbladeOrange wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:10 bkrow wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:02 BroOd wrote:
Well, the poison is in the blood, so... leeches.

You should be careful .. someone might take you seriously O_o


Now I'm confused whether or not I should put leeches on my body.

I believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet. I wouldn't want to live life any other way.


^ LOL

Q: How did you determine who the mods will be? Do you guys know each other personally? Or did you get to know the guys from being wholesome active members of Teamliquid?

Same goes for writers and liquipedia guys - did they just fall into your lap since you have a copious amount of people on TL? You just see a person really knowledgeable about the players/game and ask them if they would like to take on the responsibility?

Or you have cattle-call tryouts similar to Ninja Warrior, and only the ones to complete all stages can be part of the gosu TL team?

Dunno about the other teams, but that last sentence is actually suspiciously accurate for the translator team. Basically, if someone goes on a large enough translating spree to get noticed by existing members, he can get recruited. I think the writing team is similar, but I'd assume mods have a much more stringent selection process.
Translator:3
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
January 18 2011 07:00 GMT
#1497
On January 18 2011 15:36 infinitestory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 05:02 slappy wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:25 AirbladeOrange wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:10 bkrow wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:02 BroOd wrote:
Well, the poison is in the blood, so... leeches.

You should be careful .. someone might take you seriously O_o


Now I'm confused whether or not I should put leeches on my body.

I believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet. I wouldn't want to live life any other way.


^ LOL

Q: How did you determine who the mods will be? Do you guys know each other personally? Or did you get to know the guys from being wholesome active members of Teamliquid?

Same goes for writers and liquipedia guys - did they just fall into your lap since you have a copious amount of people on TL? You just see a person really knowledgeable about the players/game and ask them if they would like to take on the responsibility?

Or you have cattle-call tryouts similar to Ninja Warrior, and only the ones to complete all stages can be part of the gosu TL team?

Dunno about the other teams, but that last sentence is actually suspiciously accurate for the translator team. Basically, if someone goes on a large enough translating spree to get noticed by existing members, he can get recruited. I think the writing team is similar, but I'd assume mods have a much more stringent selection process.


damn that's so badass, I always wanted to try out for ninja warrior, or japanese log riding! seriously though I appreciate the work of all the translators!

could a mod chip in about how they are selected?


jaedong imba
DND_Enkil
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden598 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-18 09:31:02
January 18 2011 09:30 GMT
#1498
What happened to the "[LP] Data vs. Myths" thread?

Great OP and was only halfway through the thread when it appears to have been nuked...

Was a fun read but people where taking it way to serious/whining to much.
"If you write about a sewing needle there is always some one-eyed bastard that gets offended" - Fritiof The Pirate Nilsson
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-18 17:14:20
January 18 2011 17:13 GMT
#1499
On January 18 2011 16:00 slappy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2011 15:36 infinitestory wrote:
On January 18 2011 05:02 slappy wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:25 AirbladeOrange wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:10 bkrow wrote:
On January 17 2011 17:02 BroOd wrote:
Well, the poison is in the blood, so... leeches.

You should be careful .. someone might take you seriously O_o


Now I'm confused whether or not I should put leeches on my body.

I believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet. I wouldn't want to live life any other way.


^ LOL

Q: How did you determine who the mods will be? Do you guys know each other personally? Or did you get to know the guys from being wholesome active members of Teamliquid?

Same goes for writers and liquipedia guys - did they just fall into your lap since you have a copious amount of people on TL? You just see a person really knowledgeable about the players/game and ask them if they would like to take on the responsibility?

Or you have cattle-call tryouts similar to Ninja Warrior, and only the ones to complete all stages can be part of the gosu TL team?

Dunno about the other teams, but that last sentence is actually suspiciously accurate for the translator team. Basically, if someone goes on a large enough translating spree to get noticed by existing members, he can get recruited. I think the writing team is similar, but I'd assume mods have a much more stringent selection process.


damn that's so badass, I always wanted to try out for ninja warrior, or japanese log riding! seriously though I appreciate the work of all the translators!

could a mod chip in about how they are selected?

      I always wanted to be a writer ever since I came to TL. It was tough though, because it's hard to get noticed, and I didn't have the BW knowledge. I was despondant, and knew I could never be a writer, but then a friend of mine left TL for good, and I decided to pursue my dream. So I posted frequently, traversed the live reports, and eventually gained enough knowledge to start writing some original OP content, which was well received, but didn't get myself very far. I eventually met a friend named "TL-Bob" however, and he helped me understand BW better. He also suggested I actually play more BW, and it turned out I was a D- player. I learned to cope with that, and eventually, at the last possible moment, I made a good CJ post and got into the writing team.

      But I didn't really do anything, in fact, I waited and waited for the first thing that I had written to be published for months and months. Eventually, I got a promise from Plexa that my work would be published, but then Plexa moved on from BW, and the new head of PL, Snowdrift, didn't put together the post that was supposed to be put together. I was ridiculed for my desire to finally become a writer, as walk-on successes were rare, but eventually, as the new PL season approached, I asked to get published, and the writing team captain Riptide told Snowdrift that I should be published. So when we were rolling the PL post out, my part got to lead the rest out of the writing tunnel. But I wanted more than that, I wanted to be able to be a part of the regular writing team, if only just once. Snowdrift didn't want to let me, but Riptide started chanting my name, and soon everyone was chanting my name and it was overwhelming and weird. So Snowdrift put me out, on special teams and then defense, and on my last play I sacked Waxangel for a loss, and was carried out of the stadium on the writing team's shoulders.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
January 18 2011 17:58 GMT
#1500
On January 18 2011 16:00 slappy wrote:
could a mod chip in about how they are selected?

I was inducted as a writer first. At the time I wrote content fairly regularly and it was material different enough from what was already available. I sort of asked myself what I would like to see here on TeamLiquid and if it wasn't already here or available I'd try to do it myself. I kept doing it as I enjoyed the writing and giving to the community and eventually got approached by the staff about it.

As for how/why I became a moderator... I don't quite know the whole of that myself.
Moderator
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 114
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3906
Mong 80
sorry 34
ToSsGirL 11
Noble 10
Icarus 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King161
Other Games
summit1g8055
WinterStarcraft609
C9.Mang0264
Sick156
ceh9126
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 41
• StrangeGG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Lourlo1020
• Stunt426
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 42m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.