• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:51
CEST 20:51
KST 03:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12008 users

Most bans from TL - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 38 Next All
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
September 24 2011 01:26 GMT
#461
On September 24 2011 08:48 Otolia wrote:
Unless you are a paragon of manner (like Sheth) or totally boring and conventional in your posts, you are going to get ban at least once.

The most easiest way to get ban is to write black humour or one liner. Works like a charm. I'd like to showcase it right now, but I have many things to do on Liquidpedia and I can't update anything when I'm banned (and that's a shame)

Or you could just refrain from being a dick and therefore not get banned, maybe? Exercising a little self restraint isn't that hard...
Liquipedia
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27179 Posts
September 24 2011 01:29 GMT
#462
On September 24 2011 08:48 Otolia wrote:
Unless you are a paragon of manner (like Sheth) or totally boring and conventional in your posts, you are going to get ban at least once.

The most easiest way to get ban is to write black humour or one liner. Works like a charm. I'd like to showcase it right now, but I have many things to do on Liquidpedia and I can't update anything when I'm banned (and that's a shame)


I've got a better idea. Let's just kill Stephano and launch a nuclear missile on France. Paris would be good. Too much assholes there.

Totalitarianism makes me giggle.


Your main problem is that you forget the "humour" in "black humour".
ModeratorGodfather
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
September 24 2011 01:58 GMT
#463
Ummm, I know this is not probably the place to ask but whenever I get warned i always have the urge to reply and say i am sorry. Is this a good move or will it be seen as me trying to be a suck up.

Hahaha, maybe I got an too strict education...
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
September 24 2011 02:06 GMT
#464
On September 24 2011 10:29 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2011 08:48 Otolia wrote:
Unless you are a paragon of manner (like Sheth) or totally boring and conventional in your posts, you are going to get ban at least once.

The most easiest way to get ban is to write black humour or one liner. Works like a charm. I'd like to showcase it right now, but I have many things to do on Liquidpedia and I can't update anything when I'm banned (and that's a shame)


Show nested quote +
I've got a better idea. Let's just kill Stephano and launch a nuclear missile on France. Paris would be good. Too much assholes there.

Totalitarianism makes me giggle.

Your main problem is that you forget the "humour" in "black humour".

Giving that I live in Paris, I would certainly not like to launch a missile on myself >< It was a sarcastic hyperbole. It was humour per se whether or not you find it funny.

I alsp could have been banned for insulting people which would have been deserved.

PS : I have the strange impression that my message was interpreted as ban-whine. It wasn't and I am saddened that you could have thought it was. I certainly have my personal opinion on TL moderation (like most of the community) but I have no interest in saying it loud.
doublethreat
Profile Joined September 2011
12 Posts
September 24 2011 02:17 GMT
#465
By the amount of banned users I'm wondering why TL still has so many users. I mean TL has some of the most ridiculous bans.

If it was a smaller community it would be out of members in like a week.
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
September 24 2011 02:22 GMT
#466
On September 24 2011 11:17 doublethreat wrote:
By the amount of banned users I'm wondering why TL still has so many users. I mean TL has some of the most ridiculous bans.

If it was a smaller community it would be out of members in like a week.

The Internet is an ocean of idiots. The tides constantly lap at the shores of Team Liquid, replenishing the beach with ever more idiots to replace those that have evaporated upon the sands. To stem the tide is to attempt the impossible; we must be content with keeping the shores as immaculate as we can.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 24 2011 02:23 GMT
#467
Nice metaphor. Where would a hurricane fit into it?
KwarK laying down the law? :3
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
September 24 2011 02:27 GMT
#468
Protoss losing in the GSL.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
SoMuchBetter
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia10606 Posts
September 24 2011 02:45 GMT
#469
On September 24 2011 11:06 Otolia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2011 10:29 Manifesto7 wrote:
On September 24 2011 08:48 Otolia wrote:
Unless you are a paragon of manner (like Sheth) or totally boring and conventional in your posts, you are going to get ban at least once.

The most easiest way to get ban is to write black humour or one liner. Works like a charm. I'd like to showcase it right now, but I have many things to do on Liquidpedia and I can't update anything when I'm banned (and that's a shame)


I've got a better idea. Let's just kill Stephano and launch a nuclear missile on France. Paris would be good. Too much assholes there.

Totalitarianism makes me giggle.

Your main problem is that you forget the "humour" in "black humour".

Giving that I live in Paris, I would certainly not like to launch a missile on myself >< It was a sarcastic hyperbole. It was humour per se whether or not you find it funny.

I alsp could have been banned for insulting people which would have been deserved.

PS : I have the strange impression that my message was interpreted as ban-whine. It wasn't and I am saddened that you could have thought it was. I certainly have my personal opinion on TL moderation (like most of the community) but I have no interest in saying it loud.

Unfortunately over the internet sarcasm is hard to read.
Exhibit A: your quote above
AUSSIESCUM
TeamLiquid eSTROgeneral #1 • RIP
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27179 Posts
September 24 2011 03:16 GMT
#470
On September 24 2011 11:06 Otolia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2011 10:29 Manifesto7 wrote:
On September 24 2011 08:48 Otolia wrote:
Unless you are a paragon of manner (like Sheth) or totally boring and conventional in your posts, you are going to get ban at least once.

The most easiest way to get ban is to write black humour or one liner. Works like a charm. I'd like to showcase it right now, but I have many things to do on Liquidpedia and I can't update anything when I'm banned (and that's a shame)


I've got a better idea. Let's just kill Stephano and launch a nuclear missile on France. Paris would be good. Too much assholes there.

Totalitarianism makes me giggle.

Your main problem is that you forget the "humour" in "black humour".

Giving that I live in Paris, I would certainly not like to launch a missile on myself >< It was a sarcastic hyperbole. It was humour per se whether or not you find it funny.

I alsp could have been banned for insulting people which would have been deserved.

PS : I have the strange impression that my message was interpreted as ban-whine. It wasn't and I am saddened that you could have thought it was. I certainly have my personal opinion on TL moderation (like most of the community) but I have no interest in saying it loud.


Sure but how am I supposed to know that you live in Paris. Without the back story your quote isn't funny at all because it has no context.
ModeratorGodfather
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
September 24 2011 03:17 GMT
#471
On September 24 2011 11:17 doublethreat wrote:
By the amount of banned users I'm wondering why TL still has so many users. I mean TL has some of the most ridiculous bans.

If it was a smaller community it would be out of members in like a week.

Does anyone else find it incredibly ironic that he was permabanned?
Moderator
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
September 24 2011 03:25 GMT
#472
On September 24 2011 12:17 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2011 11:17 doublethreat wrote:
By the amount of banned users I'm wondering why TL still has so many users. I mean TL has some of the most ridiculous bans.

If it was a smaller community it would be out of members in like a week.

Does anyone else find it incredibly ironic that he was permabanned?

I like how the ban lent credence to my ocean metaphor.

That's some profound shit, by the way. I'm proud of that one.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
September 24 2011 03:34 GMT
#473
What place am I in?
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
September 24 2011 03:58 GMT
#474
On September 24 2011 12:17 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2011 11:17 doublethreat wrote:
By the amount of banned users I'm wondering why TL still has so many users. I mean TL has some of the most ridiculous bans.

If it was a smaller community it would be out of members in like a week.

Does anyone else find it incredibly ironic that he was permabanned?


That is almost the exact opposite of irony.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
September 24 2011 04:13 GMT
#475
On September 24 2011 11:17 doublethreat wrote:
By the amount of banned users I'm wondering why TL still has so many users. I mean TL has some of the most ridiculous bans.

If it was a smaller community it would be out of members in like a week.


because people can make new accounts and post with more restraint if they wish. I have 3 accounts on that most bans list but ive made it through a couple thousand without a perm on here yet.
Brees on in
Pisko.
Profile Joined August 2011
United States214 Posts
September 24 2011 04:47 GMT
#476
You guys should unban my other account. Everything I said ended up being right anyway =/
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-24 06:29:28
September 24 2011 06:28 GMT
#477
top user bans
13...
10...
8 - IDRA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT
Try another route paperboy.
blahz0r
Profile Joined December 2010
3030 Posts
September 24 2011 07:04 GMT
#478
On September 24 2011 11:06 Otolia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2011 10:29 Manifesto7 wrote:
On September 24 2011 08:48 Otolia wrote:
Unless you are a paragon of manner (like Sheth) or totally boring and conventional in your posts, you are going to get ban at least once.

The most easiest way to get ban is to write black humour or one liner. Works like a charm. I'd like to showcase it right now, but I have many things to do on Liquidpedia and I can't update anything when I'm banned (and that's a shame)


I've got a better idea. Let's just kill Stephano and launch a nuclear missile on France. Paris would be good. Too much assholes there.

Totalitarianism makes me giggle.

Your main problem is that you forget the "humour" in "black humour".

Giving that I live in Paris, I would certainly not like to launch a missile on myself >< It was a sarcastic hyperbole. It was humour per se whether or not you find it funny.

I alsp could have been banned for insulting people which would have been deserved.

PS : I have the strange impression that my message was interpreted as ban-whine. It wasn't and I am saddened that you could have thought it was. I certainly have my personal opinion on TL moderation (like most of the community) but I have no interest in saying it loud.


Sarcasm can be difficult to grasp/understand in written form and is easily misinterpreted because it is often vocally oriented. Compounded with different environments, it makes it even more difficult to understand one another.
Liquipedia
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
September 24 2011 17:05 GMT
#479
Just a quick question, but do extended bans increase the ban count, and do repealed bans reduce it?

Thanks.
you gotta dance
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
September 24 2011 17:11 GMT
#480
I just found out about the legend of CharlieMurphy :O...

Saw all his ban reasons, and finally the perm. An epic story to behold, I'm sure. I'm surprised how he survived 22k posts :S

I guess he's back with SpoR though, so the legend of Charlie lives on?
memes are a dish best served dank
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1174
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 278
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1174
ByuN 482
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 278
Reynor 237
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29253
Calm 2528
Shuttle 362
Mini 172
White-Ra 144
firebathero 95
Mong 59
scan(afreeca) 18
soO 13
Sacsri 6
[ Show more ]
ZZZero.O 4
Dota 2
Gorgc11268
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3599
Liquid`Hasu490
MindelVK7
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2321
fl0m2091
FrodaN1737
summit1g1022
olofmeister842
B2W.Neo788
Khaldor448
Beastyqt294
crisheroes169
Livibee164
Mew2King72
ToD58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick461
BasetradeTV180
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
angryscii 10
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach57
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur606
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
10m
BSL Open Qualifier
10m
OSC
4h 10m
Replay Cast
4h 10m
OSC
17h 10m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.