• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:19
CEST 14:19
KST 21:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7105 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 335

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 333 334 335 336 337 383 Next
WeddingEpisode
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States356 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-27 18:33:43
December 27 2013 18:32 GMT
#6681
I am larger person (I mean wider frame), does anyone make a keyboard that is larger?
This is tricky because I don't mean the larger-keyed keyboards for
visually impaired users, but an proportionally expanded outward and upward frame,
also more space in between the keys?
Is there such a keyboard?
Still diamond
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 27 2013 18:36 GMT
#6682
You could see if you were more comfortable if you aligned "WASD" with your left hand/arm straight ahead (instead of centralized keyboard)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
December 28 2013 13:18 GMT
#6683
On December 28 2013 03:32 WeddingEpisode wrote:
I am larger person (I mean wider frame), does anyone make a keyboard that is larger?
This is tricky because I don't mean the larger-keyed keyboards for
visually impaired users, but an proportionally expanded outward and upward frame,
also more space in between the keys?
Is there such a keyboard?


Virtually all mechanicals have the same key size and negligible difference in spacing between the keys.
0excalibur
Profile Joined December 2013
Taiwan11 Posts
December 31 2013 20:19 GMT
#6684
Hello,
Should I get a wasd keyboard or a cmstorm stealth? I am looking for a tenkeyless because its annoying on how big the keyboard is. I use cherry mx Brown. I wanted to get a filico but it seems like the only tk they have is black mx. Are there other tk you recommend besides what I said?
Aquila-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
516 Posts
December 31 2013 21:39 GMT
#6685
Hi, I want a blue sitch keyboard and have 3 options:
Quickfire Ultimate
Quickfire XT
Ttesports Poseidon (with or without backlight)
Which one to you think is best?
Jswizzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States791 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 05:01:12
January 01 2014 04:54 GMT
#6686
On January 01 2014 05:19 0excalibur wrote:
Hello,
Should I get a wasd keyboard or a cmstorm stealth? I am looking for a tenkeyless because its annoying on how big the keyboard is. I use cherry mx Brown. I wanted to get a filico but it seems like the only tk they have is black mx. Are there other tk you recommend besides what I said?


DasKeyboard maybe? However I think there maybe an issue with them switching manufactures so read up on them. I think maybe some models are still made by costar. Filco also uses costart to make their boards. I know the one I have is amazing but it's 3 or 4 years old by now.
I always try to give a sensitive, reasoned answer. This is usually awkward, time consuming and pointless.
0excalibur
Profile Joined December 2013
Taiwan11 Posts
January 01 2014 22:23 GMT
#6687
On January 01 2014 13:54 Jswizzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2014 05:19 0excalibur wrote:
Hello,
Should I get a wasd keyboard or a cmstorm stealth? I am looking for a tenkeyless because its annoying on how big the keyboard is. I use cherry mx Brown. I wanted to get a filico but it seems like the only tk they have is black mx. Are there other tk you recommend besides what I said?


DasKeyboard maybe? However I think there maybe an issue with them switching manufactures so read up on them. I think maybe some models are still made by costar. Filco also uses costart to make their boards. I know the one I have is amazing but it's 3 or 4 years old by now.

Das doesn't have tk. I was thinking about a das but not tk
smOOthMayDie
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States997 Posts
January 04 2014 00:18 GMT
#6688
Bought the recommended Ducky 9008G2 PBT Keycaps, from the OP, but with Red switches instead of brown. Gotta say I'm loving the board. I came from a leopold tenkeyless otaku with red switches, but the boards don't feel similar at all.
twitch.tv/TKSaga twitter.com/TKSagaTV YT: Tinyurl.com/TKSaga
[MD]Frostbite
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Canada292 Posts
January 05 2014 04:21 GMT
#6689
In between cherry mx brown and blue switches, which one is louder?
White-Ra, the godfather Protoss
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-05 04:54:43
January 05 2014 04:51 GMT
#6690
Blue AFAIK; couple of companies somewhat laughably advertise blue as "normal" and brown as "silent" (both are somewhat noisy especially if you bottom out)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-05 08:29:36
January 05 2014 08:28 GMT
#6691
There's switch activation / bump noise (a click with the blues), bottom-out noise if you reach the bottom, and the springback noise as the key returns to the top position once you lift your finger off. The first is pretty much avoidable on the linear switch types, the second is avoidable if you don't press the keys down all the way and can be dampened using o-rings or other materials (to soften the landing), and the third should probably be unavoidable unless you type slowly and actually keep the keys from popping back up quickly and can't be dampened without some elaborate mods. That makes all Cherry switch boards loud to some degree.

But from the clicks, blues are loudest, yeah. There are plenty of YouTube demos for the different switch types, especially blue vs. brown.

edit: errr, actually, the switches themselves (not the keys) the blues would be a lot louder. I guess that's what was actually asked. It's just that things other than the switches make noise too.
mau5mat
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Northern Ireland461 Posts
January 06 2014 21:56 GMT
#6692
Anyone get a glimpse of yesterdays ProLeague? Specifically, it looks like Maru got a new keyboard, any guesses to what it is? Looks like a white TKL, possibly a Leopold FC700R?
0excalibur
Profile Joined December 2013
Taiwan11 Posts
January 06 2014 22:43 GMT
#6693
Ok, I have order my wasd blue switches (because I already ahve browns). I have tome to change my order(if not I will just order some) I have seen o rings on the site. "This also very slightly reduces the max travel distance of the switch. (0.2-0.4mm of 4mm total travel distance."(idc about the sound). Does anyone uses orings? It sounds great but the thing is, I have not seen any streamers use it that are pro and I wouldn't want to waste my money on something that just suppress the sound
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
January 06 2014 23:04 GMT
#6694
They do as advertised. They reduce key travel distance before reaching the bottom, change the feel of hitting the bottom, and make the sound of hitting the bottom quieter. They don't change the engage point. If you're not bottoming out, they won't make a difference.

You could put in multiple o-rings for each key if you really wanted. And you can also buy them from other sources, though you need to get something of the exact size, and the hardness, height (thickness), and materials may be different than the exact models found on WASD.

The complaint with many keyboards these days, especially on laptops, is that key travel distances are too short, not too long. Then again, you have to bottom out on most of those, and the engage point is at the bottom anyhow.
St_Michael
Profile Joined July 2012
United States73 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-07 04:26:26
January 07 2014 04:17 GMT
#6695
Hello -

I've lurked around TL for a while but recently graduated, so now have more free time! I was thinking about what I might could contribute or people might want to see, so I will share pictures of my keyboard. I don't really consider myself a keyboard enthusiast per say, but I did decide to build a KMAC 2 as a side project to keep busy with.

To explain a little bit about the design, I am a fan of angles and related beings. On the left is Tyrial, the Archangel of Justice as he is portrayed in D3. To the right is a gentler angel, and I thought she looked similar to my fiancé. The spacebar I have the latin Aequitas et Caritate, similar to "Justice and Compassion". If you are interested to read a better definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aequitas & http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/caritas#Latin (Caritate is the noun of caritas). M & N are simply my fiancé's and my initials. (If you haven't figured yet, I think it would be pretty badass to be Tyrial for a day)… The function row I have as tiles from the board game Mahjong, forming a winning hand. It is different from the game on the computer that most are familiar with. The escape key is the 2013 year of the snake key from MKC and the remaining keys are the MKC Zinc v2 key set. Also a little protoss power in the corner :p.

Pictures:


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


Hope you guys like it, feel free to ask me any questions, although I don't claim to be a keyboard expert. Also, they are Cherry "Milk" switches. You can google to find out the difference between milk and white, but milk are similar to brown.
I ordered the supplies from kbdmod.com, taobao, ebay, and WASD Keyboards did the custom printing.

Edit to resize images because I'm still learning how to use forum :p
GL to new Liquid LCS team!
St_Michael
Profile Joined July 2012
United States73 Posts
January 07 2014 04:44 GMT
#6696
On January 07 2014 06:56 mau5mat wrote:
Anyone get a glimpse of yesterdays ProLeague? Specifically, it looks like Maru got a new keyboard, any guesses to what it is? Looks like a white TKL, possibly a Leopold FC700R?


Leopold discontinued the FC700R. Of course, you could probably still find them in SK. Looks to me kind of like a Keycool - http://img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/39146588/T2HWwYXfRXXXXXXXXX_!!39146588.jpg

Hope that helps.
GL to new Liquid LCS team!
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
January 10 2014 18:02 GMT
#6697
Hey TL keyboard gurus, can you help me out? I love my laptop keyboard and was wondering if there was a usb keyboard that had the same layout: http://imgur.com/G216eOr

I am looking for something that is exactly like my laptop keyboard, please let me know if you know of any. The keys are not mechanical (they are laptop keys that are pretty silent but still have a good feel). I like this keyboard because it fits my small hands!
Jswizzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States791 Posts
January 10 2014 18:29 GMT
#6698
On January 11 2014 03:02 Golgotha wrote:
Hey TL keyboard gurus, can you help me out? I love my laptop keyboard and was wondering if there was a usb keyboard that had the same layout: http://imgur.com/G216eOr

I am looking for something that is exactly like my laptop keyboard, please let me know if you know of any. The keys are not mechanical (they are laptop keys that are pretty silent but still have a good feel). I like this keyboard because it fits my small hands!

You could look for a tenkeyless keyboard. They are compact.
I always try to give a sensitive, reasoned answer. This is usually awkward, time consuming and pointless.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-10 18:44:13
January 10 2014 18:40 GMT
#6699
It's hard to get a sense of the scale of the layout, but it doesn't look tiny.

Which of the following attributes do you really care about, and how important is each relative to each other?
1. key size and spacing
2. low key travel to bottom
3. scissor switches
4. noise level
5. number of keys in layout (e.g. exact same properties but added numpad on the right would be acceptable or not? would you explode if pageup and pagedown were not available without a function key combo?)
6. position of keys in layout (e.g. delete in upper-right, small arrow keys, pageup and pagedown next to arrow keys)
7. USB (Bluetooth or other wireless unacceptable?)

In general there exist compact layout keyboards, but I'm not sure of the quality of most.

Just as examples:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-ThinkPad-USB-Keyboard/15172815
http://www.usbgeek.com/products/sk26bt
http://www.dsi-keyboards.com/scissor-switch-keyboards.aspx
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=special&filter=spacesaver

edit: so-called tenkeyless or TKL (for ANSI layout, 87 keys) still have home cluster and arrow keys out there in the traditional layout, which is wider than most compact laptop layouts.
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
January 10 2014 18:56 GMT
#6700
On January 07 2014 13:17 yokcounty wrote:
Hello -

I've lurked around TL for a while but recently graduated, so now have more free time! I was thinking about what I might could contribute or people might want to see, so I will share pictures of my keyboard. I don't really consider myself a keyboard enthusiast per say, but I did decide to build a KMAC 2 as a side project to keep busy with.

To explain a little bit about the design, I am a fan of angles and related beings. On the left is Tyrial, the Archangel of Justice as he is portrayed in D3. To the right is a gentler angel, and I thought she looked similar to my fiancé. The spacebar I have the latin Aequitas et Caritate, similar to "Justice and Compassion". If you are interested to read a better definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aequitas & http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/caritas#Latin (Caritate is the noun of caritas). M & N are simply my fiancé's and my initials. (If you haven't figured yet, I think it would be pretty badass to be Tyrial for a day)… The function row I have as tiles from the board game Mahjong, forming a winning hand. It is different from the game on the computer that most are familiar with. The escape key is the 2013 year of the snake key from MKC and the remaining keys are the MKC Zinc v2 key set. Also a little protoss power in the corner :p.

Pictures:


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


Hope you guys like it, feel free to ask me any questions, although I don't claim to be a keyboard expert. Also, they are Cherry "Milk" switches. You can google to find out the difference between milk and white, but milk are similar to brown.
I ordered the supplies from kbdmod.com, taobao, ebay, and WASD Keyboards did the custom printing.

Edit to resize images because I'm still learning how to use forum :p



Those are nice gems. Did you get the keys custom or did you do the art work yourself?
For the Dominion!
Prev 1 333 334 335 336 337 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings203
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 391
ByuN 311
SHIN 151
Railgan 46
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71593
Calm 11519
Rain 2490
Bisu 1455
FanTaSy 867
soO 542
Stork 532
Shuttle 434
Soma 264
Rush 246
[ Show more ]
Snow 205
firebathero 188
Last 144
Light 103
Mind 83
Pusan 73
Sea.KH 65
ToSsGirL 43
hero 40
Bale 40
Sharp 37
Trap 36
Killer 32
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 30
Free 28
sorry 24
Aegong 20
Shine 20
yabsab 18
zelot 17
Noble 15
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
IntoTheRainbow 11
Sexy 11
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8475
Dendi524
League of Legends
Reynor133
Counter-Strike
fl0m1316
x6flipin714
byalli649
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Other Games
gofns29385
singsing2187
B2W.Neo573
Pyrionflax244
ToD129
Trikslyr25
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 79
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Response 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
League of Legends
• Jankos3096
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1148
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 41m
OSC
10h 41m
Replay Cast
10h 41m
OSC
23h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.