• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:21
CEST 18:21
KST 01:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12780 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 331

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 329 330 331 332 333 383 Next
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
December 03 2013 22:14 GMT
#6601
Ah, ok. Much thanks Sovano. Yeah, I heard people saying browns and even blues are the best for gaming but sound is a big factor for me since I live with other people. Reds do sound nice, the keyboard should get here in a few days so I guess I could post a first impressions kinda thing when I get it.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
Shottaz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom414 Posts
December 04 2013 15:58 GMT
#6602
My Ducky DK2108 Zero with red Cherry keys just arrived. Going from rubber dome keys and being surrounded by cheap keyboards all my life it feels really nice.

Praise the sun! \o/
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-05 22:37:05
December 05 2013 22:08 GMT
#6603
Well, my Quickfire TK arrived today. Will definitely take some getting used to as the keyboard is more compact than I thought (more than my old one anyways). I really like how the keys feel though, obviously I can't compare to other switches or anything, but compared to my old rubber-dome they feel really great. Only real downside so far was that nothing was explained in terms of how to use it. I had to look up a youtube video to figure out how to turn off multimedia keys.

I feel like they could have put some sort of instructions in the box for it. Was really confused when I tried it out in SC2 and my F keys weren't working lol. There is still the ESC key that controls the nkey rollover and stuff. I don't really understand it, and I don't know if its useful for SC2 so I guess I will just ignore it for now.

Also, kinda glad I got Red switches, even they are kinda loud to me lol. Surprised these are considered quiet keys, Blues could probably be heard throughout my house T_T

I would've preferred a blue backlight like my old Saitek but the backlight is still pretty good and the options are pretty cool. So far, very happy. Will have to see how I adjust in SC2 with it though in the coming days.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
December 05 2013 22:09 GMT
#6604
Awesome. Mine comes today, I'm pretty excited as well
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-07 00:52:31
December 07 2013 00:50 GMT
#6605
Definitely a screw up on CM's part. When I bought my CM Storm Quickfire Pro last year the instruction manual they gave was simple and straight forward. When I got the TK for my friend two months ago I ran into the same issue that you had as well Enki, even I was a bit confused even though the multimedia keys are nearly the same.

Also yes the TK is more compact. It's the keyboard style that offers the same tenkeys that you would get out of a full-sized keyboard, but get the compactness of a TKL (tenkeyless) keyboard too. The tenkeys is the set of keys on the right side of the keyboard.

Mechanical switches are definitely not quiet, but out of the main four types reds are considered quieter, but it doesn't mean that you can still hear them when you bottom out. I've stressed this statement to people in this thread that if you need a quiet keyboard for whatever reason you should stick to a regular keyboard instead.
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
December 07 2013 04:15 GMT
#6606
That makes sense I guess. Like I said, wasn't a big deal as I just had to do a quick google search to figure it out.

Yeah, guess that makes sense. I actually like more compact keyboards so thats why I went for it. Didn't realize that first about the right side of the keyboard, but it makes sense now as it squeezes in what would normally be inbetween and number pad and the letter keys into the number keys (like my arrow keys are part of it, which isnt a big deal as I rarely use arrow keys anyways. It's just a different layout.

Well, they aren't that loud I guess, probably around the same as my old keyboard. I have a habit of bottoming out my keys though so of course they are gonna be louder when I do that, I think over time I won't be doing that as I get used to it. I still really like the reds for SC2, they have been working well for me so far. I don't end up having hotkeys not registering because I didn't bottom out the key completely like in a regular keyboard. My fingers in general feel a lot less stressed after some games of SC2 which is definitely good.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
December 07 2013 17:57 GMT
#6607
Anybody know where people get PBT keycaps sets in general? Which sources have availability and decent prices (to US)? Thanks. I tried looking around but figured somebody might already know.

ANSI layout, not looking for funky colors, 87 or 104 keys, Cherry stabilizers. (for Leopold FC200; Caps Lock / Scroll Lock LEDs being hidden are not a concern for me)
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
December 07 2013 18:15 GMT
#6608
Shout out to this thread, that recommended my now 6-month-old Das Keyboard Model S. I have been so happy since the switch to mechanical in general, and cherry blues in particular. TL recommendations paying off!
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Slydie
Profile Joined August 2013
2014 Posts
December 07 2013 18:31 GMT
#6609
Just got my Ducky Shine 3, brown swiches! Maybe overkill for a first buy mechanical, but it does feel awesome indeed! Lots of useless lighting function on it, but hey, I dont think it mattered that much for the price...
Buff the siegetank
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
December 07 2013 20:13 GMT
#6610
Yeah i just got my ducky 3 also but with red switches. it's the weirdest thing ever lol. my fingers are barely hovering over the keys and im typing stuff.
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-08 01:20:06
December 08 2013 01:19 GMT
#6611
On December 08 2013 02:57 Myrmidon wrote:
Anybody know where people get PBT keycaps sets in general? Which sources have availability and decent prices (to US)? Thanks. I tried looking around but figured somebody might already know.

ANSI layout, not looking for funky colors, 87 or 104 keys, Cherry stabilizers. (for Leopold FC200; Caps Lock / Scroll Lock LEDs being hidden are not a concern for me)


Qtan's store for sure.One benefit of you guys using ANSI layout; dirt cheap PBT keycaps ~_~


Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-08 15:21:41
December 08 2013 15:11 GMT
#6612
In general, people actually get PBT keycap sets from group buys, since when people get a set of keycaps it's generally for aesthetics to make their keyboard look pretty. So most keycap sets you'll find will be from group buys, but the only vendor that I know of that sell PBT keycaps is what Mackem suggested, Qtan. It's a bit pricy when buying keycaps, but if you're going from ABS to PBT I'd recommend it. Qtan ships from China so shipping should take around 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly from last year (I bought the rainbow keycap set from him).

One other option is ebay.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
December 08 2013 15:31 GMT
#6613
you can find PBT cap sets at banggood but beware that there are a number of people claiming they're a pretty shady vendor.

some people have gotten their PBT caps and delivered cheap, others claim they didn't receive any product at all.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
December 08 2013 15:34 GMT
#6614
ducky also sells their own keycap sets !

http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?pg=1&l=product_list&c=77|

look around.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
DusTerr
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
2520 Posts
December 08 2013 15:37 GMT
#6615
anyone have experience/recommendations (and links - US vendors) of 'dampeners' (or similar rubber bands) for mx switches?
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-08 16:54:05
December 08 2013 16:53 GMT
#6616
Are you talking about o-rings? If so they're pretty decent in dampening the sound if that's what you're looking for, but note they may change the feel of typing depending on the size you buy. I think most people get theirs from wasdkeyboards. I'm not aware of any other vendors, so if anyone else knows hopefully they can chime in as they did for the keycaps.
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
December 09 2013 00:19 GMT
#6617
You can get like a hundred dampeners off of ebay for $6. Probably not worth paying $20 to wasd...
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
Homework
Profile Joined December 2010
United States283 Posts
December 09 2013 08:21 GMT
#6618
I'm about to get a Ducky Shine III YOTS with mx browns. Already have a blackwidow tournament with blues. Any advice? Good purchase / bad purchase?
wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
December 09 2013 08:43 GMT
#6619
On December 09 2013 17:21 Homework wrote:
I'm about to get a Ducky Shine III YOTS with mx browns. Already have a blackwidow tournament with blues. Any advice? Good purchase / bad purchase?


What's the point of buying a new keyboard? Browns are not as quiet as some people think.
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
December 09 2013 09:35 GMT
#6620
On December 09 2013 17:21 Homework wrote:
I'm about to get a Ducky Shine III YOTS with mx browns. Already have a blackwidow tournament with blues. Any advice? Good purchase / bad purchase?

I personally regretted going from blue to brown when my Filco died. They're not quiet and they're not that enjoyable to type/play on as Blues are imo.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Prev 1 329 330 331 332 333 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM809
TKL 318
IndyStarCraft 209
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 809
ByuN 321
TKL 318
Reynor 315
IndyStarCraft 209
Railgan 75
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53104
Bisu 2769
Calm 2489
FanTaSy 740
Stork 581
Rush 469
hero 283
firebathero 178
actioN 125
Sharp 90
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 60
Free 51
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 30
Pusan 27
soO 25
Rock 24
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 14
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10619
Dendi1017
Counter-Strike
fl0m5318
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK11
Other Games
singsing2000
Liquid`RaSZi1577
B2W.Neo676
Beastyqt591
Khaldor506
Mlord467
olofmeister424
KnowMe333
crisheroes171
FrodaN71
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 16
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach47
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV531
League of Legends
• Nemesis3305
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1539
Other Games
• Shiphtur513
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 39m
OSC
6h 39m
Replay Cast
6h 39m
OSC
19h 39m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.