• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:19
CEST 22:19
KST 05:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8121 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 166

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 164 165 166 167 168 383 Next
xaoteca
Profile Joined August 2011
Czech Republic34 Posts
July 10 2012 14:17 GMT
#3301
My Filco with browns just arrived. Amazing keyboard. Thanks for the tip Bruky!
A voice in your head giggles... "Nahfriendthiswayyouwontfindmeyoullhavetobemorepatient!" "Meetsomecompanionsofmineinthemeantime!" Suddenly several figures appear out of nowhere!
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
July 10 2012 14:56 GMT
#3302
Anyone know the differences between Ducky 9008 G2 and 9008 G2 Pro besides the fact that Pro has LED lights on WASD and G2 doesn't?
Foodmanchew
Profile Joined June 2012
United States6 Posts
July 11 2012 13:58 GMT
#3303
Anyone know what keyboard Illusion is using here? http://i.imgur.com/hUK0W.jpg
cmh
Profile Joined December 2005
United States88 Posts
July 11 2012 14:06 GMT
#3304
On July 11 2012 22:58 Foodmanchew wrote:
Anyone know what keyboard Illusion is using here? http://i.imgur.com/hUK0W.jpg


Zowie Celeritas


http://www.zowiegear.com/component/content/article/137
Foodmanchew
Profile Joined June 2012
United States6 Posts
July 11 2012 15:48 GMT
#3305
Ah thanks, I've forgotten about Zowie. Should have known!
sAsThark
Profile Joined September 2011
France27 Posts
July 11 2012 16:12 GMT
#3306
I am a razer blackwindow owner (mx blue switch) and I's like to try some mx brown based keyboard. Which do you recommend between daskeyboard and zowie ?
http://fedoraproject.org/
lvl100magikarp
Profile Joined February 2012
4 Posts
July 11 2012 22:52 GMT
#3307
I'm thinking of getting a mechanical keyboard with black or brown switches. I'd love to keep it sub-100, but I think I could spring to 120 if it meant significant improvements. So far, the G6v2, BlackWidow Stealth, and Celeritas seem like the best options. Duckie seems really hard to get ahold of, and DAS is more than I'd like to pay. Are there any retailers I should be aware of, or major boards that I'm missing?
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
July 12 2012 00:24 GMT
#3308
On July 12 2012 07:52 lvl100magikarp wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a mechanical keyboard with black or brown switches. I'd love to keep it sub-100, but I think I could spring to 120 if it meant significant improvements. So far, the G6v2, BlackWidow Stealth, and Celeritas seem like the best options. Duckie seems really hard to get ahold of, and DAS is more than I'd like to pay. Are there any retailers I should be aware of, or major boards that I'm missing?


If you're in the USA, Rosewill and Leopolds are also really good for the money. Out of those three though, go for the Celeritas. Are you looking for a purely gaming keyboard or do you type more than you game or a mixture?
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
9-BiT
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States1089 Posts
July 12 2012 00:24 GMT
#3309
Just got my das keyboard, and I'm typing on it right now, I love it, although I am making more mistakes than usual. I'll still have to get used to it I guess. I think I'm going to be posting a lot more on the forums now that I have this keyboard, typing is just fun,
kwark_uk: @father_sc learn to play maybe?
lvl100magikarp
Profile Joined February 2012
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-12 00:32:00
July 12 2012 00:30 GMT
#3310
Mm... actually, Leopold looks pretty good, after finding a decent store. What do you think about this vs a celeritas?

I game more than I type, but I still have to do papers for school ~ twice a week. I think that browns look like a nice compromise.
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-12 00:50:03
July 12 2012 00:49 GMT
#3311
On July 12 2012 09:30 lvl100magikarp wrote:
Mm... actually, Leopold looks pretty good, after finding a decent store. What do you think about this vs a celeritas?

I game more than I type, but I still have to do papers for school ~ twice a week. I think that browns look like a nice compromise.


Yes, Leopolds are good, better than the Blackwidow for sure. I know the Celeritas has had some known issues with the letters fading due to the material they use for the keycaps/lettering. Brown switches are what most people get as a 'middle ground' switch and I personally use a keyboard with browns and it's a great typing experience. Here's a link to the Rosewill in case you want to have a look but I'd definitely go for the Leopold and keep the extra cash unless it ends up being out of stock or something.

Rosewill keyboard @ Newegg

Filco keyboard are outstanding as well (Highly considered to be one of, if not the best quality mechanical keyboard you can buy) but they're $150, as seen here on Amazon
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
lvl100magikarp
Profile Joined February 2012
4 Posts
July 12 2012 01:58 GMT
#3312
K, I'll get the Leopold. Thanks for your help.
Zx_Storm
Profile Joined November 2010
United States49 Posts
July 12 2012 09:48 GMT
#3313
I originally bought a leopold but cancelled and got a noppoo, I'm pretty happy with it so far, and it wasn't too expensive.
9-BiT
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States1089 Posts
July 12 2012 17:54 GMT
#3314
What do you people think about topre keyswitches? how do they compare to cherry, feel wise?
kwark_uk: @father_sc learn to play maybe?
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
July 13 2012 08:11 GMT
#3315
On July 13 2012 02:54 9-BiT wrote:
What do you people think about topre keyswitches? how do they compare to cherry, feel wise?


Like butter. It's a very different actuation. You kind of have to think a different way coming from cherry.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
July 14 2012 01:25 GMT
#3316
Can anyone show me what clear keycaps look with white LEDs on a backlit keyboard?
hoLyNtt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States170 Posts
July 14 2012 01:38 GMT
#3317
hey sc2'ers. I mainly play Quake live but you guys are more knowledgeable when it comes to mechanicals. Regarding the STEELSERIES 6gv2, since the red switches are so hard to get in America, do you think the black switches are that much more stiff and would the black switches tire my fingers and wrist more?? is the difference big between 60g and 45g when typing and gaming?
kiss me
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
July 14 2012 01:41 GMT
#3318
On July 14 2012 10:38 derb2k2 wrote:
hey sc2'ers. I mainly play Quake live but you guys are more knowledgeable when it comes to mechanicals. Regarding the STEELSERIES 6gv2, since the red switches are so hard to get in America, do you think the black switches are that much more stiff and would the black switches tire my fingers and wrist more?? is the difference big between 60g and 45g when typing and gaming?


red switches are easy to get. :O

buy off ebay or elitekeyboards/newegg. yes there is a difference.
hoLyNtt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States170 Posts
July 14 2012 01:57 GMT
#3319
On July 14 2012 10:41 Boblhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 10:38 derb2k2 wrote:
hey sc2'ers. I mainly play Quake live but you guys are more knowledgeable when it comes to mechanicals. Regarding the STEELSERIES 6gv2, since the red switches are so hard to get in America, do you think the black switches are that much more stiff and would the black switches tire my fingers and wrist more?? is the difference big between 60g and 45g when typing and gaming?


red switches are easy to get. :O

buy off ebay or elitekeyboards/newegg. yes there is a difference.



thx. i looked on Amazon, Newegg, and elitekeyboards but the red isn't there. I searched Ebay and submitted some questions regarding some. A few pages back someone posted a link to some Asian website that has it but I'd rather not go that way since I'll have to wait a long time olol


kiss me
Absurd Bunny
Profile Joined June 2011
168 Posts
July 14 2012 04:24 GMT
#3320
What keyboard does day9 use? I think its brown switches, and I heard someone say before its a das silent... Is that true?
Prev 1 164 165 166 167 168 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15137
Calm 2166
Mini 159
Rush 119
EffOrt 101
Trap 20
Bale 15
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
febbydoto17
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m3868
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King51
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4087
Liquid`Hasu654
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1889
Beastyqt795
B2W.Neo587
RotterdaM518
shahzam373
C9.Mang0252
IndyStarCraft 178
crisheroes174
ToD128
Trikslyr99
Dewaltoss62
UpATreeSC53
ZombieGrub35
JuggernautJason25
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 28
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1021
Other Games
• imaqtpie1002
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 41m
INu's Battles
14h 41m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 41m
OSC
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.