• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:40
CEST 22:40
KST 05:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6353 users

Code S: Trap and INnoVation advance, RO8 bracket set - Pag…

Forum Index > SC2 General
31 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Z3nith
Profile Joined October 2017
485 Posts
October 12 2020 14:27 GMT
#21
On October 12 2020 22:02 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2020 20:37 Z3nith wrote:
On October 12 2020 20:18 WombaT wrote:
I have a feeling the Ro8 is going to ruin my already disappointing first foray into Liquibets.

TY vs DRG
Stats vs Innovation
Armani vs Zest
Trap vs Maru

For me rationales. Maru vs Trap is probably the closest to a coin toss in this bracket. DRG looks really good in ZvT but he’s only recently back to this level and I think the extra exposure gives TY some intel to craft counters, as we saw in recent seasons when we hit playoffs, notably him sweeping Dark.

Stats is on a tear lately and Inno didn’t exactly look great against Trap.

I don’t think Armani and Zest are a million miles apart level wise these days, but it’s Armani’s first time on a stage where Zest is familiar and Armani has a pretty appalling record against him too iirc.


I'd pretty much agree with this except I think Maru will get out ahead of Trap, lose to some classic ProttosingTM from Zest and we'll have the first PvP GSL finals in forever.

I’m only going Trap because Maru beat him in a Bo5 in King of Battles. They seem pretty evenly matched these days, so my unscientific method is the loser and winner from the last encounter in a meaningful tournament will swap. Not a method I generally use but it did work relatively well with Serral/Reynor for a while!

Zest gonna Zest. He’s a strange one, obviously great historic accomplishments but stats wise and eye test wise he seems a long way behind Stats and Trap’s current level.

Stranger things have happened, Zest seems better suited to keeping some optimised builds in his pocket and bringing them to a weekender (like his Katowice run) than negotiating his way through the GSL gauntlet these days.


Oh don't get me wrong I have absolutely no scientific backing as to why I think Zest will get to the finals. I just have this weird feeling that considering how this season has gone already that Zest is going to somehow navigate his way into the finals whether he ends up facing Maru or Trap.

You've got to bear in mind as well that his practice partners for either of those two matchups will likely include TY for Maru and Stats for Trap so I can see him coming with some prepared builds to specifically counter them.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
October 12 2020 14:56 GMT
#22
On October 12 2020 23:27 Z3nith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2020 22:02 WombaT wrote:
On October 12 2020 20:37 Z3nith wrote:
On October 12 2020 20:18 WombaT wrote:
I have a feeling the Ro8 is going to ruin my already disappointing first foray into Liquibets.

TY vs DRG
Stats vs Innovation
Armani vs Zest
Trap vs Maru

For me rationales. Maru vs Trap is probably the closest to a coin toss in this bracket. DRG looks really good in ZvT but he’s only recently back to this level and I think the extra exposure gives TY some intel to craft counters, as we saw in recent seasons when we hit playoffs, notably him sweeping Dark.

Stats is on a tear lately and Inno didn’t exactly look great against Trap.

I don’t think Armani and Zest are a million miles apart level wise these days, but it’s Armani’s first time on a stage where Zest is familiar and Armani has a pretty appalling record against him too iirc.


I'd pretty much agree with this except I think Maru will get out ahead of Trap, lose to some classic ProttosingTM from Zest and we'll have the first PvP GSL finals in forever.

I’m only going Trap because Maru beat him in a Bo5 in King of Battles. They seem pretty evenly matched these days, so my unscientific method is the loser and winner from the last encounter in a meaningful tournament will swap. Not a method I generally use but it did work relatively well with Serral/Reynor for a while!

Zest gonna Zest. He’s a strange one, obviously great historic accomplishments but stats wise and eye test wise he seems a long way behind Stats and Trap’s current level.

Stranger things have happened, Zest seems better suited to keeping some optimised builds in his pocket and bringing them to a weekender (like his Katowice run) than negotiating his way through the GSL gauntlet these days.


Oh don't get me wrong I have absolutely no scientific backing as to why I think Zest will get to the finals. I just have this weird feeling that considering how this season has gone already that Zest is going to somehow navigate his way into the finals whether he ends up facing Maru or Trap.

You've got to bear in mind as well that his practice partners for either of those two matchups will likely include TY for Maru and Stats for Trap so I can see him coming with some prepared builds to specifically counter them.

I can see Maru beating Trap, which everyone consider as the best PvT (or even vX ^^) in the world... While Zest narrowingly beat Armani in Zest fashion, floating minerals and shit ; people will be like "Maru beat Trap best PvT, lol Zest has no chance" then Zest unexpectedly beat Maru in bo7. Although it's possible he gets trashed in less than 1 hour like their encounter in GSL finals in 2018 but idk.
WriterMaru
dysenterymd
Profile Joined January 2019
1250 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-12 16:01:01
October 12 2020 16:00 GMT
#23
Trap taking it all would be the best outcome and I think it can happen. Trap's lost a lot of finals but I don't see it as a mental block so much as him playing in tough matchups vs on fire opponents. DRG or Inno winning would also be great to see, though Inno beating Stats feels unlikely.
Serral | Inno | sOs | soO | Has | Classic
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 12 2020 17:29 GMT
#24
On October 12 2020 13:33 QOGQOG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2020 11:31 Cricketer12 wrote:
Dunno if finals is Maru TY or Maru Stats

Clearly Armani or DRG make it so that Trap can lose his 50,000th PvZ final.

(Also, Trap does have a decent chance of defeating Maru.)

So long as either Stats or DRG win, and hopefully the other reaches the semifinals, I am content
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
tennisl
Profile Joined March 2018
United Kingdom44 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-12 17:47:52
October 12 2020 17:41 GMT
#25
I can't see anyone but Maru taking this GSL. He is just level above than everyone. Top Protoss players might have a chance in the first 5-10 minutes. Maru such a confident player.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-12 17:59:50
October 12 2020 17:56 GMT
#26
On October 13 2020 01:00 dysenterymd wrote:
Trap taking it all would be the best outcome and I think it can happen. Trap's lost a lot of finals but I don't see it as a mental block so much as him playing in tough matchups vs on fire opponents. DRG or Inno winning would also be great to see, though Inno beating Stats feels unlikely.

In the last 3 years Protoss as a race aquired the least amount of titles and the biggest amount of 2nd places. Unless it's a PvP there's a big chance that Protoss ends 2nd. Especially with Stats and Trap who are both inclined to be called Kongs.

FFS How I wish it would be Trap to win it all, but man... it's just a wishful thinking ATM

On October 12 2020 23:56 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2020 23:27 Z3nith wrote:
On October 12 2020 22:02 WombaT wrote:
On October 12 2020 20:37 Z3nith wrote:
On October 12 2020 20:18 WombaT wrote:
I have a feeling the Ro8 is going to ruin my already disappointing first foray into Liquibets.

TY vs DRG
Stats vs Innovation
Armani vs Zest
Trap vs Maru

For me rationales. Maru vs Trap is probably the closest to a coin toss in this bracket. DRG looks really good in ZvT but he’s only recently back to this level and I think the extra exposure gives TY some intel to craft counters, as we saw in recent seasons when we hit playoffs, notably him sweeping Dark.

Stats is on a tear lately and Inno didn’t exactly look great against Trap.

I don’t think Armani and Zest are a million miles apart level wise these days, but it’s Armani’s first time on a stage where Zest is familiar and Armani has a pretty appalling record against him too iirc.


I'd pretty much agree with this except I think Maru will get out ahead of Trap, lose to some classic ProttosingTM from Zest and we'll have the first PvP GSL finals in forever.

I’m only going Trap because Maru beat him in a Bo5 in King of Battles. They seem pretty evenly matched these days, so my unscientific method is the loser and winner from the last encounter in a meaningful tournament will swap. Not a method I generally use but it did work relatively well with Serral/Reynor for a while!

Zest gonna Zest. He’s a strange one, obviously great historic accomplishments but stats wise and eye test wise he seems a long way behind Stats and Trap’s current level.

Stranger things have happened, Zest seems better suited to keeping some optimised builds in his pocket and bringing them to a weekender (like his Katowice run) than negotiating his way through the GSL gauntlet these days.


Oh don't get me wrong I have absolutely no scientific backing as to why I think Zest will get to the finals. I just have this weird feeling that considering how this season has gone already that Zest is going to somehow navigate his way into the finals whether he ends up facing Maru or Trap.

You've got to bear in mind as well that his practice partners for either of those two matchups will likely include TY for Maru and Stats for Trap so I can see him coming with some prepared builds to specifically counter them.

I can see Maru beating Trap, which everyone consider as the best PvT (or even vX ^^) in the world... While Zest narrowingly beat Armani in Zest fashion, floating minerals and shit ; people will be like "Maru beat Trap best PvT, lol Zest has no chance" then Zest unexpectedly beat Maru in bo7. Although it's possible he gets trashed in less than 1 hour like their encounter in GSL finals in 2018 but idk.

I still remember how people tried to hype the GSL finals between Maru and Zest One of the fastest BO7 evah!
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 12 2020 18:37 GMT
#27
On October 13 2020 02:41 tennisl wrote:
I can't see anyone but Maru taking this GSL. He is just level above than everyone. Top Protoss players might have a chance in the first 5-10 minutes. Maru such a confident player.

Stats doesn't stand a chance in mid to late game? That makes a tremendous amount of sense
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
October 12 2020 18:42 GMT
#28
I think Trap is favored over everyone left in the tournament except Maru and Stats which are 50-50 matches. Zest and TY matches would be a bit unpredictable and wildcard-y but he'd still be the favorite.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 13 2020 02:03 GMT
#29
I'd be pretty hyped to see anyone take the trophy, so that's pretty awesome
plainsane
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany98 Posts
October 13 2020 11:28 GMT
#30
This group was so stacked and so good, too bad seeing dark and rogue go out in a RO16 in other groups they would have made it out. Trap is so strong, i can see him win this season and Inno is still not in his top form, especially TvP is lacking for him, in TvZ he is certainly Nr 2 in the world right now behind Maru.

Balance swung in favor of Protoss this season, Stats, Zest and Trap have formidable chances of taking it this year. Semis will be TY vs Stats and Zest vs Trap, my best guess for the finals then is TY vs Trap and Trap getting the trophies

So excited!
I'm going, i'm going!
Z3nith
Profile Joined October 2017
485 Posts
October 13 2020 11:53 GMT
#31
On October 13 2020 20:28 plainsane wrote:
This group was so stacked and so good, too bad seeing dark and rogue go out in a RO16 in other groups they would have made it out. Trap is so strong, i can see him win this season and Inno is still not in his top form, especially TvP is lacking for him, in TvZ he is certainly Nr 2 in the world right now behind Maru.

Balance swung in favor of Protoss this season, Stats, Zest and Trap have formidable chances of taking it this year. Semis will be TY vs Stats and Zest vs Trap, my best guess for the finals then is TY vs Trap and Trap getting the trophies

So excited!


DRG is more likely to beat Stats than TY.
slant
Profile Joined February 2020
Romania95 Posts
October 13 2020 13:38 GMT
#32
On October 13 2020 20:53 Z3nith wrote:

DRG is more likely to beat Stats than TY.


TY certainly has better TvP than DRG does.

I think this season's going to go to toss; Season 1 was terran, season 2 was zerg, it's only natural. As for whether it's Trap or Stats, it's probably a 50/50 depending on who shows up more. I'm hoping for Stats just so he can snag one last title before military.

Imagine that, 3 seasons of GSL going to all 3 different races on the year of the 10th anniversary! Maybe StarCraft is a balanced game after all
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 481
ProTech160
Railgan 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1478
Dewaltoss 142
Trap 27
Bale 14
Dota 2
420jenkins521
Counter-Strike
fl0m4270
Fnx 606
minikerr3
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4578
Liquid`Hasu668
Other Games
summit1g5475
Liquid`RaSZi1812
FrodaN804
B2W.Neo542
XaKoH 245
ToD206
C9.Mang0174
RotterdaM91
QueenE68
JuggernautJason47
Mew2King35
PPMD23
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21126
Other Games
• Shiphtur1026
• imaqtpie697
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 20m
Patches Events
19h 20m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.