• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:46
CEST 21:46
KST 04:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8708 users

Teamliquid Map Contest 8 - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
229 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 All
Clarifications/Changes:
Rush distance for Rush maps has been changed from "about 35-50 seconds" to "about 35 seconds".

The definition of Macro map has been changed to: "A map that favors defensive play and encourages players to reach end game unit compositions."

New Rule: You may use permanent neutral abilities onto all maps such as Force Field or Blinding Cloud. However, note that if these features cause performance issues on lower end computers, these maps may be edited or not considered for ladder.
B42b42oss4
Profile Joined May 2015
Germany40 Posts
February 19 2017 14:18 GMT
#221
On February 17 2017 13:12 Uvantak wrote:
Submitted!

KTV Loihi

[image loading]


Info:
All spawns enabled.
There are Mineral Patches below the Collapsible Rock towers blocking the path.
Huge Diagonal Rocks at the center have 7k hp each


KTV Keres Passage

[image loading]


Info:
A ship map, who's background's actually moves


KTV Aurora

[image loading]



KTV Elegia

[image loading]


Info:
The return of IronHills! LotV edition







I think I earned some rest and sleep. At least for a bit.
[image loading]




Firstly, I haven't played on any of these maps, but the natural ramps of all 3 maps seem to be too big on the first glance.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
February 19 2017 15:51 GMT
#222
On February 19 2017 11:52 NewSunshine wrote:
Yeah, the judging was way rushed on this one. I feel bad for the players mostly, because a lot of the kinds of maps players really hate got past the post this time, but a good number of super-solid looking maps got snuffed. You can ignore my maps, I only submitted 2, 1 of which people probably would hate anyway. When you see a masterpiece like Mendella get turned down, and then you see Avex's buddy Pengwin judging the contest, and then all 4 of Avex's maps conveniently make finalists, I can't help but feel this whole thing turned into a joke behind our backs. That and apparently an asymmetrical 3p map made it through, and I'll tell you right now, people won't like that one. Novelty is pretty much all it has going for it, just by looking vaguely like Rush Hour.

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Take it back, do it over, and get it right.


MANDELLA DIDN'T GO THROUGH!?
Cereal
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
February 19 2017 16:30 GMT
#223
On February 19 2017 22:52 Monster8SC wrote:
Does anyone know which maps got selected (besides the 8, that were showcased yesterday on BasetradeTV)?


No, it'll be announced later today though.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
StraKo
Profile Joined February 2017
Germany96 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-19 18:04:38
February 19 2017 18:01 GMT
#224
I just tested keres passage. I think the map is really good.

The only things i dislike is the very small path in the middle, i wish it would be more open. Also i don't like how many gold bases there are and bases with only 1 geyser and the natural is too open. Maybe make the rock bigger so that it separates the natural from the 3rd !?

This map could be one of the best in a long time, really good job by the mapmaker
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
February 19 2017 18:52 GMT
#225
On February 20 2017 03:01 StraKo wrote:
I just tested keres passage. I think the map is really good.

The only things i dislike is the very small path in the middle, i wish it would be more open. Also i don't like how many gold bases there are and bases with only 1 geyser and the natural is too open. Maybe make the rock bigger so that it separates the natural from the 3rd !?

This map could be one of the best in a long time, really good job by the mapmaker

Glad you liked it Strako, Keres Nat has the standard 10 tiles size which can be covered by 3 to 4 3x3 buildings+Zealot, or you could straight up fully wall off with the 3 3x3 buildings, it really depends on the positioning of the buildings.

+ Show Spoiler [Simple Walls] +

[image loading]

[image loading]


The reason behind the more open Nat lies on the fact that the map was designed to at least partially favour stronger air play, and as such, I gotta keep players honest to avoid them easily becoming too greedy, which is something this kinds of layouts can really be exploited for. The rocks themselves can be a fair example of this as they being 1000 hp 1 armor debris, might become an easy target when players want to do 2 base timings towards the enemy, those 2 base pushes more often than not are the ones made after scoting your opponent going for strong air compositions.

Regarding the 1 Geyser golds, thats precisely there in order to avoid zerg players from overly abusing the closer gold bases, and to put an emphasis on the midgame of players needing to choose between the gold bases at the north, vs the standard blue bases to the south west side of the map, which would translate between having the higher mineral income, vs having a more balanced mineral/gas income (by taking southern bases).

The choked center is there, in order to avoid having the player's army positioning be static all through the game, which is something diagonally symmetric maps tend to suffer from, that and circle syndrome, which is caused by the relative positioning of players armies regarding each player, and the balance of distances between a defending player and the attacking one (attacker has a shorter distance in order to attack than the defender has to travel), which is what ends up creating this scenario where player armies become pinned to the map trying to find a central place where to defend most Mining bases the player has taken, lest they move to a side of it and become out of position for a enemy attack.

But yeah, hfhf with it, that's what I made it for ^^
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
February 19 2017 19:57 GMT
#226
On February 19 2017 22:52 Monster8SC wrote:
Does anyone know which maps got selected (besides the 8, that were showcased yesterday on BasetradeTV)?

yes people have already figured out the full 15 but i'll just leave it for the official announcement coming later today
vibeo gane,
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
February 20 2017 05:40 GMT
#227
What has been going on with the judging process? And why was there a tournament showcasing the finalist maps before the finalists were revealed? I'm really confused. Everything seems to be rushed and messed up.
PengWin_SC
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Switzerland433 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-20 10:20:52
February 20 2017 09:15 GMT
#228
On February 19 2017 11:52 NewSunshine wrote:
Yeah, the judging was way rushed on this one. I feel bad for the players mostly, because a lot of the kinds of maps players really hate got past the post this time, but a good number of super-solid looking maps got snuffed. You can ignore my maps, I only submitted 2, 1 of which people probably would hate anyway. When you see a masterpiece like Mendella get turned down, and then you see Avex's buddy Pengwin judging the contest, and then all 4 of Avex's maps conveniently make finalists, I can't help but feel this whole thing turned into a joke behind our backs. That and apparently an asymmetrical 3p map made it through, and I'll tell you right now, people won't like that one. Novelty is pretty much all it has going for it, just by looking vaguely like Rush Hour.

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Take it back, do it over, and get it right.

Hi, just wanted to address this quickly. My personal opinions of people have no bearing on my judging, neither this nor last TLMC. Example, I do not get along with Meavis, but I was quite vocal about how I thought Annihilation Station should have absolutely been in the last map pool, and potentially won the last TLMC. I've also been very critical of Paladino Terminal this season (an Avex map). For this contest, on the spectrum of Yes/No/Maybe, I gave two of Avex's four maps the "yes" vote (Windwaker and Blood Boil, and on Blood Boil, I initially had it down as a maybe, and only gave it my vote because the Resource category was severely lacking). The other two of his got "maybe" votes, which I handed out a lot of (20 in total).

So yeah, I'd appreciate it if you didn't throw accusations like that around.

Edit: Also, you mentioned Mendella. For what it's worth, I voted Yes on that map.
Director of Operations for PSISTORM Gaming
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
February 20 2017 10:00 GMT
#229
On February 20 2017 18:15 PengWin_SC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2017 11:52 NewSunshine wrote:
Yeah, the judging was way rushed on this one. I feel bad for the players mostly, because a lot of the kinds of maps players really hate got past the post this time, but a good number of super-solid looking maps got snuffed. You can ignore my maps, I only submitted 2, 1 of which people probably would hate anyway. When you see a masterpiece like Mendella get turned down, and then you see Avex's buddy Pengwin judging the contest, and then all 4 of Avex's maps conveniently make finalists, I can't help but feel this whole thing turned into a joke behind our backs. That and apparently an asymmetrical 3p map made it through, and I'll tell you right now, people won't like that one. Novelty is pretty much all it has going for it, just by looking vaguely like Rush Hour.

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Take it back, do it over, and get it right.

Hi, just wanted to address this quickly. My personal opinions of people have no bearing on my judging, neither this nor last TLMC. Example, I do not get along with Meavis, but I was quite vocal about how I thought Annihilation Station should have absolutely been in the last map pool, and potentially won the last TLMC. I've also been very critical of Paladino Terminal this season (an Avex map). For this contest, on the spectrum of Yes/No/Maybe, I gave two of Avex's four maps the "yes" vote (Windwaker and Blood Boil, and on Blood Boil, I initially had it down as a maybe, and only gave it my vote because the Resource category was severely lacking). The other two of his got "maybe" votes, which I handed out a lot of (20 in total).

So yeah, I'd appreciate it if you didn't throw accusations like that around.


It's awesome to hear you aren't biased, but just for clarification Paladino is not an Avex map, it's by Namrufus, kind of an old WoL/HotS mapper that still makes HotS style maps (for better or worse )

I do think it's somewhat understandable for people to be initially suspicious since you guys have known affiliations and then he got 4/4 finalists when a couple of his submissions weren't considered top-notch by most of the people that look at maps. But I'm thinking this is a "Correlation does not imply causation" scenario. Or whatever the quote is.
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
PengWin_SC
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Switzerland433 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-20 10:12:10
February 20 2017 10:04 GMT
#230
On February 20 2017 19:00 Fatam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2017 18:15 PengWin_SC wrote:
On February 19 2017 11:52 NewSunshine wrote:
Yeah, the judging was way rushed on this one. I feel bad for the players mostly, because a lot of the kinds of maps players really hate got past the post this time, but a good number of super-solid looking maps got snuffed. You can ignore my maps, I only submitted 2, 1 of which people probably would hate anyway. When you see a masterpiece like Mendella get turned down, and then you see Avex's buddy Pengwin judging the contest, and then all 4 of Avex's maps conveniently make finalists, I can't help but feel this whole thing turned into a joke behind our backs. That and apparently an asymmetrical 3p map made it through, and I'll tell you right now, people won't like that one. Novelty is pretty much all it has going for it, just by looking vaguely like Rush Hour.

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Take it back, do it over, and get it right.

Hi, just wanted to address this quickly. My personal opinions of people have no bearing on my judging, neither this nor last TLMC. Example, I do not get along with Meavis, but I was quite vocal about how I thought Annihilation Station should have absolutely been in the last map pool, and potentially won the last TLMC. I've also been very critical of Paladino Terminal this season (an Avex map). For this contest, on the spectrum of Yes/No/Maybe, I gave two of Avex's four maps the "yes" vote (Windwaker and Blood Boil, and on Blood Boil, I initially had it down as a maybe, and only gave it my vote because the Resource category was severely lacking). The other two of his got "maybe" votes, which I handed out a lot of (20 in total).

So yeah, I'd appreciate it if you didn't throw accusations like that around.


It's awesome to hear you aren't biased, but just for clarification Paladino is not an Avex map, it's by Namrufus, kind of an old WoL/HotS mapper that still makes HotS style maps (for better or worse )

I do think it's somewhat understandable for people to be initially suspicious since you guys have known affiliations and then he got 4/4 finalists when a couple of his submissions weren't considered top-notch by most of the people that look at maps. But I'm thinking this is a "Correlation does not imply causation" scenario. Or whatever the quote is.

Oh, well, my bad on Paladino! Not sure why I thought it was an Avex map. Still kinda goes to my point though that I was criticizing it heavily while thinking it was an Avex map. I think there's something of a misunderstanding about my relationship with Avex as well. I tested a few of his maps like 8 months ago when he asked (something I've said I'm more than happy to do for other mapmakers by the way), and I really almost never talk to him. I like him and think he makes good maps, but we're not besties. My relationship with Kantuva is pretty much the exact same as my relationship with Avex.
Director of Operations for PSISTORM Gaming
Prev 1 10 11 12 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 652
JuggernautJason50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16597
Dewaltoss 126
Sexy 37
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever277
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3571
Khaldor1879
crisheroes1214
Liquid`Hasu795
Other Games
summit1g4547
fl0m1172
FrodaN730
Beastyqt718
shahzam395
byalli279
KnowMe175
C9.Mang0166
ArmadaUGS145
UpATreeSC101
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 27
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• WagamamaTV266
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 14m
Stellar Fest
17h 14m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.