• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:48
CEST 22:48
KST 05:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8127 users

Community Feedback Update - July 21 - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
179 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 25 2016 00:54 GMT
#141
I agree the current state of the game is good (not perfect, but guess what it probably will never be and more importantly there will always be people happy and unhappy about any decision) and that what the scene needs is more an overhaul of the WCS/tournaments system than balance patches. You can reignite SC2, you just need to do the right things.
StorM_Sweden
Profile Joined July 2014
Sweden45 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-25 10:54:17
July 25 2016 10:51 GMT
#142
lol, why not just remove protoss overall since every patch is huge on protoss, i vote remove protoss so you minors stop ccrying every time and also i feel sorry for zerg since they also get lot nerfed. T>P>Z , thats how it looks atm but i still think its fairly balanced. check GSL if u havent.

so far advanced: 7 T, 4P and 1Z. still 2 groups left.
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
July 25 2016 12:09 GMT
#143
Noob questions (I ask honestly since I'm not able to judge given I haven't played in months): I see many complaints about the tempests and their supply costs, so I have 2 questions:

- why do you propose to move from 4 to 6 supplies, rather than 4 to 5 to begin with?
- why I don't see tempests massed or anyway abused in progames? (I'm talking mainly about DH Valencia, the latest shoutcraft and PL/GSL) maybe I just missed these games (it's very well possible ), in which case if you could point me to these games I would be grateful !

A part form this, I think a small nerf to the warp prism life wouldn't be too bad and may go in the right direction to limit adept allins (I'm not commenting on the balancing of the game wrt these allins - I don't have the competence - but I see how they can be not so fun to play against / watch from a spectator point of view)


Thanks all !
My life for Aiur !
Edowyth
Profile Joined October 2010
United States183 Posts
July 25 2016 14:22 GMT
#144
On July 24 2016 15:42 xAdra wrote:
Really? Doesn't protoss have a reputation for being the race with the most horrendously sneaky and "underhanded" tactics to kill opponents, such as DTs and Oracles? When did protoss suddenly become the race that gets f---ed the most?


That was not at all the point of the post. The below is not intended as a balance complaint -- it is solely intended as a look into the mindset of lower-level players which is, yes, largely based off their perception of the game.

Regardless of how "bullshit" you think certain strategies are, here's what LotV has looked like from a lower-level Protoss standpoint (as is pointed out in the above post):

- Colossus replaced with a unit which is hard-to-control and easy-to-avoid
- Warp-in heavily nerfed
- Base design heavily modified

- PvZ complete shit-fest for months with no mention anywhere

- PO nerfed
- Adept nerfed
- Immortal (which was finally found as the answer to PvZ) nerfed
- Colossus minutely buffed

So, again, from a low-level Protoss standpoint, why would you continue playing that game? Protoss was never doing well at the low-level in HotS yet they've continuously gotten nerfs and are continuously complained about. At the highest levels, adept attacks are keeping Protoss afloat, but lower-level Protoss can't micro-manage well enough to be capable of pulling of an adept attack while still macroing appropriately at home to make it into the mid-game ahead.

Again, it should be obvious why most of these lower-level players have quit playing the game: It started out the most-changed race from LotV (with three of their most-used mechanics: colossus, warp-gate, PO completely changed), it got continuous nerfs (and was ignored while doing poorly in one match-up), and the skill required to get to the mid-game ahead of the opponent is extremely high ... beyond the capabilities of most of these players.

And there's much more ... a lot of Protoss players just used sentry all-ins versus zerg: completely nerfed by the addition of the ravager as well as the buffed adrenal making lings so much stronger in the late-game (so that zergs started building them more in the early-game and getting upgrades to continue making them); Liberators were added as the first-ever (in SC2) mid-game positional unit which forces Protoss players to counter-attack, delay by forcing sieges, and generally out-play their opponent by a huge margin simply to survive a push; etc etc etc.

There's so much more difficulty and danger in LotV if the Protoss doesn't get a solid head-start on the game. Many of the things which are fought in the lower-leagues never show up in the higher-leagues because pro-players preempt their appearance by playing adept-heavy early games backed by heavy macro at home. The lower leagues, thus, perceive heavy imbalance against Protoss simply because they literally can not control things well enough to win ... and they know that they simply won't be able to because this is every pros' initial strategy: get tons of economic damage early and hope to win later on your roaring macro.
"Q. How do I check a valid [e-]mail address? A. You can't, at least, not in real time. Bummer, eh?" /r/programming
Of course, you could just send them a validation email.
WidowMineHero
Profile Joined September 2014
New Zealand143 Posts
July 25 2016 15:23 GMT
#145
I think these 2 changes would make sense on the liberator:
1.remove liberator extra damage on light unit.
2.increase base damage and decrease splash damage.
"Time won't change anything, I will."
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-25 15:42:15
July 25 2016 15:40 GMT
#146
On July 25 2016 21:09 VHbb wrote:
Noob questions (I ask honestly since I'm not able to judge given I haven't played in months): I see many complaints about the tempests and their supply costs, so I have 2 questions:

- why do you propose to move from 4 to 6 supplies, rather than 4 to 5 to begin with?
- why I don't see tempests massed or anyway abused in progames? (I'm talking mainly about DH Valencia, the latest shoutcraft and PL/GSL) maybe I just missed these games (it's very well possible ), in which case if you could point me to these games I would be grateful !

A part form this, I think a small nerf to the warp prism life wouldn't be too bad and may go in the right direction to limit adept allins (I'm not commenting on the balancing of the game wrt these allins - I don't have the competence - but I see how they can be not so fun to play against / watch from a spectator point of view)


Thanks all !

1. Because I don't think moving to 5 supply would be enough to discourage mass tempest spam.
2. Because the other races know mass tempest is broken and try to win before that. But the few times it has happened in pro games there was absolutely nothing the other player could do e.g. neeb vs snute.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 25 2016 16:00 GMT
#147
On July 26 2016 00:40 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2016 21:09 VHbb wrote:
Noob questions (I ask honestly since I'm not able to judge given I haven't played in months): I see many complaints about the tempests and their supply costs, so I have 2 questions:

- why do you propose to move from 4 to 6 supplies, rather than 4 to 5 to begin with?
- why I don't see tempests massed or anyway abused in progames? (I'm talking mainly about DH Valencia, the latest shoutcraft and PL/GSL) maybe I just missed these games (it's very well possible ), in which case if you could point me to these games I would be grateful !

A part form this, I think a small nerf to the warp prism life wouldn't be too bad and may go in the right direction to limit adept allins (I'm not commenting on the balancing of the game wrt these allins - I don't have the competence - but I see how they can be not so fun to play against / watch from a spectator point of view)


Thanks all !

1. Because I don't think moving to 5 supply would be enough to discourage mass tempest spam.
2. Because the other races know mass tempest is broken and try to win before that. But the few times it has happened in pro games there was absolutely nothing the other player could do e.g. neeb vs snute.

Basically this. Even in PvP mass tempests with the immortals from the early game to protect the ground has no answer if you don't go air yourself, so that the guy who is late on the air transition usually has to bite the bullet and go for a massive all-in.
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
July 25 2016 17:35 GMT
#148
I see thank you
The neeb vs snute game you refer to, from which tournament?
My life for Aiur !
MyrionSC
Profile Joined May 2015
Denmark140 Posts
July 25 2016 18:19 GMT
#149
Here it is.
. Basically Snute making a statement against lategame tempests.
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
July 25 2016 18:29 GMT
#150
the game on invader^
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
July 25 2016 19:22 GMT
#151
Ahahha thank you so much, this game made my evening !
I feel sorry for Snute
My life for Aiur !
Tyrhanius
Profile Joined April 2011
France947 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-25 19:58:21
July 25 2016 19:58 GMT
#152
Never seen a zerg winning vs Toss late game, like ever, but does someone have some vod/replay of Zerg winning late game ?
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
July 25 2016 22:11 GMT
#153
On July 26 2016 04:58 Tyrhanius wrote:
Never seen a zerg winning vs Toss late game, like ever, but does someone have some vod/replay of Zerg winning late game ?

Dark vs Stats g4
only game I remember
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Zedd
Profile Joined January 2010
Czech Republic107 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-26 01:40:12
July 26 2016 01:38 GMT
#154
They should add more caster units/interesting spells in the game and make them have bigger impact.

1. It would make game more balanced in the long term since most games (on pro level) would be decided by amazing spellcasts or spectacular fails rather than just one unit compostition dominance over another one).

Once you make game harder to control in this manner, pros couldnt say something like "I did everything right yet I lost in lategame since my race have no counter against enemy end game comp and I cannot do anything about it" because you could say "if you managed your casters better, you would have won" provided it would be impossible even for pros to reach skillcap for ideal control.

2. It would make game more appealing to watch, especially for spectators new into starcraft.

3. It would make the game more fun to low skill players as those always prefer to try some interesting micro/trick stuff than just boring practice of macro.
JackONeill
Profile Joined September 2013
861 Posts
July 26 2016 02:41 GMT
#155
On July 26 2016 10:38 Zedd wrote:
They should add more caster units/interesting spells in the game and make them have bigger impact.

1. It would make game more balanced in the long term since most games (on pro level) would be decided by amazing spellcasts or spectacular fails rather than just one unit compostition dominance over another one).

Once you make game harder to control in this manner, pros couldnt say something like "I did everything right yet I lost in lategame since my race have no counter against enemy end game comp and I cannot do anything about it" because you could say "if you managed your casters better, you would have won" provided it would be impossible even for pros to reach skillcap for ideal control.

2. It would make game more appealing to watch, especially for spectators new into starcraft.

3. It would make the game more fun to low skill players as those always prefer to try some interesting micro/trick stuff than just boring practice of macro.


That's either an excellent piece of trolling or the post insanely idiotic post i've ever read on TL.
Edowyth
Profile Joined October 2010
United States183 Posts
July 26 2016 03:28 GMT
#156
On July 26 2016 10:38 Zedd wrote:
They should add more caster units/interesting spells in the game and make them have bigger impact.


Here we have the problem with current Protoss design. Everything depends wholly upon its ability to have any impact whatsoever on the game.
"Q. How do I check a valid [e-]mail address? A. You can't, at least, not in real time. Bummer, eh?" /r/programming
Of course, you could just send them a validation email.
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3552 Posts
July 26 2016 10:57 GMT
#157
On July 26 2016 10:38 Zedd wrote:
They should add more caster units/interesting spells in the game and make them have bigger impact.

1. It would make game more balanced in the long term since most games (on pro level) would be decided by amazing spellcasts or spectacular fails rather than just one unit compostition dominance over another one).

Once you make game harder to control in this manner, pros couldnt say something like "I did everything right yet I lost in lategame since my race have no counter against enemy end game comp and I cannot do anything about it" because you could say "if you managed your casters better, you would have won" provided it would be impossible even for pros to reach skillcap for ideal control.

2. It would make game more appealing to watch, especially for spectators new into starcraft.

3. It would make the game more fun to low skill players as those always prefer to try some interesting micro/trick stuff than just boring practice of macro.

I agree
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
summerloud
Profile Joined March 2010
Austria1201 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-26 12:39:05
July 26 2016 12:27 GMT
#158
On July 26 2016 10:38 Zedd wrote:
They should add more caster units/interesting spells in the game and make them have bigger impact.

1. It would make game more balanced in the long term since most games (on pro level) would be decided by amazing spellcasts or spectacular fails rather than just one unit compostition dominance over another one).

Once you make game harder to control in this manner, pros couldnt say something like "I did everything right yet I lost in lategame since my race have no counter against enemy end game comp and I cannot do anything about it" because you could say "if you managed your casters better, you would have won" provided it would be impossible even for pros to reach skillcap for ideal control.

2. It would make game more appealing to watch, especially for spectators new into starcraft.

3. It would make the game more fun to low skill players as those always prefer to try some interesting micro/trick stuff than just boring practice of macro.


that will never happen, and you know it.

if you want no macro mechanics, more units, more spells, more of everything, and an economy system that actually allows comebacks and more than 3 bases at once, go play heptacraft

the majority of games between players of roughly equal skill level in hepta play out like these ones - long, action filled games that use the whole map:





i could post tons more, but you can just see them on my stream or watch reniehour - he has been streaming tons of hepta lately at http://twitch.tv/reniehour - watch and see what a 300 apm user can do with a game with more positioning and more casters

this is a game thats not only way more interesting to watch, but more fun to play for both high-end and low players alike. it has its own ladder system and an active community - the only thing holding it back right now is the complete unwillingness for the majority of the foreigner sc2 scene to stop bitching and actually try something else. im hoping for koreans now...

just because everyone got used to the game being fundamentally broken over the last 6 years doesnt mean it cant be improved, just means that blizz will never do it...
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-26 12:32:24
July 26 2016 12:32 GMT
#159
On July 26 2016 21:27 summerloud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2016 10:38 Zedd wrote:
They should add more caster units/interesting spells in the game and make them have bigger impact.

1. It would make game more balanced in the long term since most games (on pro level) would be decided by amazing spellcasts or spectacular fails rather than just one unit compostition dominance over another one).

Once you make game harder to control in this manner, pros couldnt say something like "I did everything right yet I lost in lategame since my race have no counter against enemy end game comp and I cannot do anything about it" because you could say "if you managed your casters better, you would have won" provided it would be impossible even for pros to reach skillcap for ideal control.

2. It would make game more appealing to watch, especially for spectators new into starcraft.

3. It would make the game more fun to low skill players as those always prefer to try some interesting micro/trick stuff than just boring practice of macro.


that will never happen, and you know it.

if you want no macro mechanics, more units, more spells, more of everything, and an economy system that actually allows comebacks and more than 3 bases at once, go play heptacraft

the majority of games between players of roughly equal skill level in hepta play out like these ones - long, action filled games that use the whole map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbUrPX811ww

korean ex-pro reniehour has been streaming tons of hepta lately at http://twitch.tv/reniehour - watch and see what a 300 apm user can do with a game with more positioning and more casters

just because everyone got used to the game being fundamentally broken over the last 6 years doesnt mean it cant be improved, just means that blizz will never do it...

watch out it's starbow 2.0, ready to salvage the RTS genre
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
July 26 2016 14:27 GMT
#160
On July 26 2016 11:41 JackONeill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2016 10:38 Zedd wrote:
They should add more caster units/interesting spells in the game and make them have bigger impact.

1. It would make game more balanced in the long term since most games (on pro level) would be decided by amazing spellcasts or spectacular fails rather than just one unit compostition dominance over another one).

Once you make game harder to control in this manner, pros couldnt say something like "I did everything right yet I lost in lategame since my race have no counter against enemy end game comp and I cannot do anything about it" because you could say "if you managed your casters better, you would have won" provided it would be impossible even for pros to reach skillcap for ideal control.

2. It would make game more appealing to watch, especially for spectators new into starcraft.

3. It would make the game more fun to low skill players as those always prefer to try some interesting micro/trick stuff than just boring practice of macro.


That's either an excellent piece of trolling or the post insanely idiotic post i've ever read on TL.

Fairly sure it's a troll
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 221
JuggernautJason107
Nina 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 613
White-Ra 171
firebathero 82
910 40
Trap 20
NaDa 17
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0167
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9538
crisheroes1833
Liquid`Hasu1785
Trikslyr93
Other Games
summit1g6076
Liquid`RaSZi5654
Beastyqt826
shahzam460
B2W.Neo251
Pyrionflax172
KnowMe129
ArmadaUGS119
IndyStarCraft 81
ZombieGrub81
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream421
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 54
• Eskiya23 18
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV418
League of Legends
• TFBlade1012
Other Games
• imaqtpie933
• Shiphtur302
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.