• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:43
CEST 23:43
KST 06:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8175 users

Ladder Revamp - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
373 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
Mendelfist
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden356 Posts
July 13 2016 07:44 GMT
#301
On July 13 2016 16:36 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2016 16:31 Mendelfist wrote:
On July 13 2016 16:29 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On July 13 2016 16:23 Mendelfist wrote:
So, according to the reddit link this means that the ranges overlap by one point, i.e. the end of B1 is 2600 and the start of S3is also 2600? Or are the reddit guys just sloppy?


The values actually go into the decimals, they're just truncated in the client. There's probably not a single round value in the bunch =)


... How did you know that? :-)


Someone long ago told me something back when we were trying to figure out league and division tier offsets and I rolled my eyes and laughed at the reality.

Like how the Master offset from one season was 125.55. Or how the GM offset from that same season was 463.8375. Come on... really?? I really wish I was making this up.

This offends my sense of elegance. There is still hidden information here. We have to start a project of calculating the exact boundaries immediately.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
July 13 2016 07:53 GMT
#302
So the actual spans for the leagues total round numbers: Silver 560, Gold 320, Plat 360, Diamond 800. Since it seems they're trying to make each tier equal in rating range, the "186 187 187" for Silver probably ends up being "0-186.66 (truncated diff 186), 186.67-373.33 (truncated diff 187), 373.34-560 (truncated diff 187)". The actual offset for the league itself could be anywhere from 2973.00001 to 2973.99999.
Moderator
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-13 14:17:15
July 13 2016 09:14 GMT
#303
On July 13 2016 16:15 Excalibur_Z wrote:
League	MMR Floor (NA)	Rating Range
GM Dynamic N/A
M1 5032 N/A
M2 4834 198
M3 4640 194
D1 4373 267
D2 4106 267
D3 3840 266
P1 3720 120
P2 3600 120
P3 3480 120
G1 3373 107
G2 3266 107
G3 3160 106
S1 2973 187
S2 2786 187
S3 2600 186
B1
B2
B3 0


Reddit is crowdsourcing the MMR ranges for each league on each server (I'm also adding this info to Liquipedia as it gets filled out): https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/4siu6j/figuring_out_the_mmr_ranges/

Interestingly, assuming a normal distribution, the median of the curve is slightly to the left of the Gold/Plat boundary, and despite Plat and Gold being 23%, Plat's rating range is 40 more than Gold. You would think Silver and Diamond would theoretically also be equidistant from the origin, yet Diamond's rating range is 240 more than Silver.

I assume we have enough data here to extrapolate the remaining Bronze X-coordinates AND identify the population breakdown of each tier (they're not equal), but I'm not familiar enough with cumulative distribution functions to be able to solve them.

Tried to fit a normal to it, it's not a good fit. The normal that minimizes the square difference between the theoretical and observed cumulative probabilities has mean 3502.7961 and sd 614.2385, which gives predictions that are too low at the tails and too high in the middle. Definitely not normal.
Alchemik
Profile Joined March 2014
Poland7124 Posts
July 13 2016 10:24 GMT
#304
this whole ladder revamp thing is pretty amazing so far, gonna grind for the first time ever
Yello
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany7411 Posts
July 13 2016 11:24 GMT
#305
so I haven't been following SC2 at all for a few month now but this ladder revamp looks just too good to not play again at least a little bit.

Got one question though: did Blizzard say anything about updating the automated tournament system in the recent weeks/months? I just checked and still seems to be the same 3-round 1v1 bo1s throughout that it was when I left.
I would really love to see bigger automated tourneys with more rounds that also allow bo3 and bo5, so any news on that?
Just ahead of time, know your addiction's not a crime. It's just a smaller part of who you want to become in the end.
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
July 13 2016 11:57 GMT
#306
I have to work a shit ton today, but the SC2 icon on my desktop is staring at me. I've always enjoyed grinding games, but now I seriously fear that the addiction might come back once I click on "find match" for the first time. The criticism stated towards the revamped system is valid, but at least we FINALLY have a system that shows exactly where you're at.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
pundurs
Profile Joined August 2014
Latvia38 Posts
July 13 2016 12:13 GMT
#307
On July 13 2016 20:24 Yello wrote:
Got one question though: did Blizzard say anything about updating the automated tournament system in the recent weeks/months? I just checked and still seems to be the same 3-round 1v1 bo1s throughout that it was when I left.
I would really love to see bigger automated tourneys with more rounds that also allow bo3 and bo5, so any news on that?


There are 6 round tourneys on fridays to sundays with groupstages, but apart from trophy toppings idk if they added more stuff.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
July 13 2016 12:20 GMT
#308
Awesome stuff.

I just really disappointed we didn't get the glorious ladder portrait but the lame anime one
Neosteel Enthusiast
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
July 13 2016 12:28 GMT
#309
On July 13 2016 21:20 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Awesome stuff.

I just really disappointed we didn't get the glorious ladder portrait but the lame anime one

The ladder portrait is in-game, too. I think it's for 50 ranked games,
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
July 13 2016 12:30 GMT
#310
On July 13 2016 21:28 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2016 21:20 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Awesome stuff.

I just really disappointed we didn't get the glorious ladder portrait but the lame anime one

The ladder portrait is in-game, too. I think it's for 50 ranked games,

Oooooh nice
Neosteel Enthusiast
Liox
Profile Joined December 2013
Germany47 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-13 15:14:13
July 13 2016 14:22 GMT
#311
I think I need to create a habit to not look at the summary screen.
Never seen something that kills my passion more.
"Put mind in gear before open mouth"
Alchemik
Profile Joined March 2014
Poland7124 Posts
July 13 2016 14:54 GMT
#312
On July 13 2016 23:22 Liox wrote:
I think I need to create a habit to not look at the summary screen.
Never seen something that kill my passion more.

lol what
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-13 16:11:46
July 13 2016 16:11 GMT
#313
how big is the mmr decay? i was curious my mmr so i lost a game and ended up with 4350, but my last game was in december. do we know if its like -100 a month, if there's a cap on how much mmr you lose, capped on your original league etc?
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
July 13 2016 16:12 GMT
#314
On July 14 2016 01:11 rauk wrote:
how big is the mmr decay? i was curious my mmr so i lost a game and ended up with 4350, but my last game was in december. do we know if its like -100 a month, if there's a cap on how much mmr you lose, capped on your original league etc?


Decay has been turned off for more than a year! You're good.
Moderator
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
July 13 2016 16:50 GMT
#315
On July 14 2016 01:12 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2016 01:11 rauk wrote:
how big is the mmr decay? i was curious my mmr so i lost a game and ended up with 4350, but my last game was in december. do we know if its like -100 a month, if there's a cap on how much mmr you lose, capped on your original league etc?


Decay has been turned off for more than a year! You're good.


so in december i was masters and facing occasional GM and now i'm in diamond. so that should just be a result of mmr inflation then?
JayuSC2
Profile Joined April 2015
Austria32 Posts
July 13 2016 16:51 GMT
#316
Since this new ladder change, almost all my wins give me less than 10 points (against equal MMR) and I lose tons (-20), so I'm stuck at 13 points with a 13-8 winrate. My MMR should be closer to Master 2 (4800), but I'm stuck at super low Masters 3. What is this all about?
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
July 13 2016 17:16 GMT
#317
On July 14 2016 01:51 JayuSC2 wrote:
Since this new ladder change, almost all my wins give me less than 10 points (against equal MMR) and I lose tons (-20), so I'm stuck at 13 points with a 13-8 winrate. My MMR should be closer to Master 2 (4800), but I'm stuck at super low Masters 3. What is this all about?


I assume you're talking about +10/-20 ladder points? Those are derived from the gap between your current non-bonus-pool points and your opponent's MMR, NOT your MMR vs his MMR. If you're facing same-MMR opponents and only earning +10/-20 then it means that your points are higher than your MMR for your particular tier, so they will gradually adjust downward to reflect that.

You're saying you have 4800 MMR and 13 points? How does that compare to others in your division and how much they're earning and losing per game?
Moderator
JayuSC2
Profile Joined April 2015
Austria32 Posts
July 13 2016 17:38 GMT
#318
On July 14 2016 02:16 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2016 01:51 JayuSC2 wrote:
Since this new ladder change, almost all my wins give me less than 10 points (against equal MMR) and I lose tons (-20), so I'm stuck at 13 points with a 13-8 winrate. My MMR should be closer to Master 2 (4800), but I'm stuck at super low Masters 3. What is this all about?


I assume you're talking about +10/-20 ladder points? Those are derived from the gap between your current non-bonus-pool points and your opponent's MMR, NOT your MMR vs his MMR. If you're facing same-MMR opponents and only earning +10/-20 then it means that your points are higher than your MMR for your particular tier, so they will gradually adjust downward to reflect that.

You're saying you have 4800 MMR and 13 points? How does that compare to others in your division and how much they're earning and losing per game?


Yea, I should've mentioned that, cause that's the thing that makes no sense at all. Most people are way below my MMR, even the rank 1 in my division (has less than 100 MMR than me, but at the same time has over 100 points, with less games). There are a few others though, who seem to have the same issue as I do (high MMR, very low points with a decent win rate).
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-13 18:08:19
July 13 2016 18:07 GMT
#319
wow I actually struggled like a noob to get master 3. It's strange since I've been easily master for seasons, so I should have been in m3 without question since master league is bigger. I admit I even expected to be master 2.
PinoKotsBeer
Profile Joined February 2014
Netherlands1387 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-13 18:15:48
July 13 2016 18:15 GMT
#320
Lot of ranks arent correct yet, i see some top tier master players in diamond 2 atm. Im sure it will settle over time.
http://www.twitch.tv/pinokotsbeer
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O128
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason126
BRAT_OK 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1055
ZZZero.O 128
Bale 20
League of Legends
Doublelift4612
JimRising 564
Counter-Strike
Fnx 980
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6155
Other Games
summit1g8539
FrodaN3022
B2W.Neo620
KnowMe247
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1416
BasetradeTV285
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• blackmanpl 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1166
• Shiphtur214
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 18m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.