• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:46
CEST 21:46
KST 04:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8739 users

[Starleague Finals Preview] KT Stats’ Declaration

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
OrangeGarage
Profile Joined October 2015
Korea (South)319 Posts
April 09 2016 01:00 GMT
#1
[Starleague Finals Preview]
KT Stats’ Declaration “I will prove that I am the proud son of -”
http://sports.naver.com/esports/news/read.nhn?oid=347&aid=0000087168

KT Rolster’s Stats called his parents right after he defeated Solar at the loser’s finals. Upon hearing the news of their son’s first finals in 8 years, his parents remarked shortly, “We’re proud. Good job.” Stats says he feels they ended the call soon because they thought he would be busy, and wants to have a long talk with them after he has hoisted that Starleague trophy.

SKT1’s Dark is not an easy opponent for Stats. In the winner’s bracket, it was Dark who knocked him down 3-0, and Dark’s ZvP is on point with an astonishing 10-1 winrate. Stats quoted “I think I got the hang of his playstyle” and continued, “I will have plenty of room to win if I don’t take too much damage from his aggressive plays early on.”

Stats, who is vying for the top spot in an individual league for the first time in 8 years, wants to win “for my parents, who gave birth and raised me, for KT Rolster, who was my team since high school, and for me, who is trying for his first league victory since his progamer debut.”


Here are some Q&As.

Q. Time for the Starleague Finals. Are you nervous?
A. I think I got it all out of my system during my games with Solar. I’m practicing comfortably now. I might get nervous again at the actual place. I think I’ll know when I get there.

Q. You lost vs Dark in the winner’s bracket 0-3.
I didn’t get anything to go right from the start. My build orders were messed up every game. I was focusing on my mid-late game so I was heavily shook by Dark’s aggression. However, now that I’ve experienced it, I think I can deal with it.

Q. Protoss players seem to have a lot on their mind for PvZ.

Many do say it is a hard matchup and I agree with them. It gets better once you get to the mid-late game with a good composition, but it’s hard to get there.

Q. What is Dark’s specialty?
A. He comes in hard and fast in the early game. I couldn’t do anything last time because I took too much damage from it.

Q. So do you think the Bo7 format favors you?
A. During the loser’s finals with Solar, I learned a lot of things. After my first two wins, I lost the next three. Although I could have broken apart and let it all slip, I clawed myself back. I think I have the mentality to win a series, thanks to my experience.

Q. Dark’s Lurkers are one hell of a unit.
I think getting through his Lurker aggression will be the key factor in the mid game. Even if you stop his early aggression, it’s hard to make moves when the Zerg sieges you with Lurkers. I have a few solutions, and I will show them off during the finals.

Q. For the KT Protoss, Zest’s victory at the IEM World Championship is the last victory. It has been over a year.
A. I think that is all due to my incompetence in the individual leagues. I reached the Ro4 in Starleague twice in a row after Zest’s IEM win, but I couldn’t make it to the finals. If I had, things might be different, and that’s a regret I have.

Q. How’s practice?
A. Leenock and Losira are helping me with various strategies. Manager and coach are going around other teams, trying to find more Zergs. I think I’ll get enough practice.

Q. It’s your first finals since debut. Is there anything to say?
A. Since my debut, KT Rolster has been my only team. I think I’m one of the slowest starters out there. I want to repay my team through a victory in Starleague. I told my parents and they told me they were proud. They’re coming all the way from Daejeon to see me play. I want to show them that I am a proud son and a good progamer.

There is also one for Dark, and Park Sanjin's e-Story on both.
I'll see if I can get them both.
Meanwhile, go STATS!
I am drone! My dream is Hatchery!
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-09 01:06:05
April 09 2016 01:05 GMT
#2
Touching interview. Stats seems very hard on himself.
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-09 01:53:19
April 09 2016 01:46 GMT
#3
I really hope Stats wins, it's been so long!

Thanks for the translation! I'll link this on the Stats's fanclub
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
April 09 2016 02:08 GMT
#4
Thanks for this! Lets go Stats, make them proud!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason73
BRAT_OK 72
Railgan 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17824
Mini 379
Dewaltoss 172
Hyuk 140
ggaemo 109
firebathero 106
ZZZero.O 77
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8176
febbydoto17
League of Legends
Doublelift1286
Counter-Strike
Fnx 535
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4356
Khaldor1262
crisheroes1099
Liquid`Hasu790
Other Games
summit1g3712
FrodaN2462
fl0m1155
Beastyqt811
KnowMe316
mouzStarbuck301
ArmadaUGS127
Mew2King58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1176
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 102
• Adnapsc2 21
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8447
• WagamamaTV439
Other Games
• imaqtpie820
• Shiphtur253
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 14m
INu's Battles
16h 14m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 14m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 14m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.