• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:26
CEST 04:26
KST 11:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5832 users

DH Leipzig Details Announced - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
267 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
MaCRo.gg
Profile Joined June 2015
Korea (South)860 Posts
December 22 2015 13:34 GMT
#161
I think there is a big bridge in communication here. I don't think many, if any would've been that upset if Blizzard turned WCS into a foreigner only tournament.
It is the fact that they are forcing normal tournaments to conform to the exclusionary policy of one ethnicity for WCS Circuit support. Even this was somewhat fine, because there is supposed to be WCS Global right?
No, they made WCS Global an extremely difficult tournament to set up financially as well as create a large amount of requirements that are very difficult for tournaments to meet especially considering they will have to create without financial support.

If they made WCS Global a practically tournament to run, it would hardly be seen as a problem.
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
December 22 2015 13:35 GMT
#162
On December 22 2015 22:13 p4ch1n0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 20:57 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:42 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:13 WrathSCII wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:05 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:56 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:50 Liquid`Snute wrote:
As someone who usually would lose to the champion or someone KeSPA 2-3 in bracket stages of whatever DH/IEM Ro8 it's nice to see that a Ro8 finish here nets $500 more. but ... oh ... right ... lolol .... >_<

Massive money and support... I just hope there are opportunities for the best performing players somewhere down the line, more than once per year, to play vs Korean competition. EU-KR love all the way ~

You know, you are our hero. You brought us the amazing matches against the two protosses on IEM last year. These were the matches, we were looking forward to the whole year. Not to GSL, SSL ... not to WCS. And now, it is gone. There will be no opportunities to repeat it. At least, I hope, you will show good games in the RO16 group at BlizzCon.


Wow it's your first post that I see when you don't shit on a foreigner lol


Snute is kinda special.


Ah, I understand. Sorry Diabolique if you felt insulted. I just couldn't help but see that you "shit" on foreigners stating that foreigner scene is irrelevant at all and only Korea (along with those that don't hold achievements) with foreigners who achieved something significant during last five years are the people that community should focus on. And only these are important to you. I can understand that obviously, I'd be pretty pissed if I was a big football fan and Champions League was resized all of a sudden to hold less champion-caliber teams for few that don't always qualify because of the barrier they need to break.

And again - to me the worst thing about this system is the fact that it was introduced too late, after Koreans were let all over the world for the money to grab therefore extremely shrinking foreign scene. I said in other thread, that with the last systems to really break out in a non-WCS tournament to gain visibility you needed to be very lucky or incredibly good out of nothing - not having access to practice with Koreans on regular basis and be able to beat few of the KeSPA guys. Basically perform a miracle.

But I am not shitting on any foreigners. Maybe Desrow, maybe Mana when they started to celebrate the new system. Snute is a good guy, I never saw any tweet "celebrating" the new system from him. And his comment was awesome, saying, how he would be happy to have the opportunity to still compete with the Koreans somewhere.

I am even not saying that foreigners are bad. I am even not the kind of guy, who would just follow the highest level of SC2 only. Without the casters, I would be unable to recognize it. I even do not like that much GSL and SSL, in fact, I want to watch them only when my favorite player, sOs is playing. And with this new system, there is a big probability, he will not be playing any of them (= he will not qualify).

I am angry, because this is not justice! This is injustice! Banning the best players from ALL international tournaments, reducing their own local events, this is significantly reducing their life options. How can people exist, who support this? This huge injustice! They could have created a new WCS circuit, they could have stolen DreamHack, it was anyway 99% foreigners and a few B-class Koreans always ... But cancelling it all? That is bad. OK, maybe, at the end, somebody will organize ONE INTERNATIONAL EVENT. So the Koreans will have this one event and BlizzCon.

Were I a Korean pro, I would retire. Were I a young Korean, trying to become a pro, I would stop. Because the market is now too small for so many good players. This is fucking bad! Damaging the Korean scene is the way, they want to bring Koreans and foreigners closer.

Yes i'm sad that we won't see koreans play at foreign tournaments. But it's not like these top koreans who went to foreign tournaments will starve to death without the money. They make a good living regardles. Also gsl rewards 100k$ more and Blizzcon 250k more than 2015. That is more money than the prizepool of dh and iem combined.


It's really bad for B-tier and up and coming Koreans though as there's less opportunities to earn money and get noticed and earn anything.
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
Thax
Profile Joined July 2014
Belgium1060 Posts
December 22 2015 13:35 GMT
#163
On December 22 2015 17:44 WrathSCII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 17:28 Liquid`Bunny wrote:
I was gonna go but now with no koreans i don't care anymore


At least tell me snute is going....


He's a filthy foreigner, what do you care?
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
December 22 2015 13:40 GMT
#164
On December 22 2015 22:35 AWalker9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 22:13 p4ch1n0 wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:57 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:42 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:13 WrathSCII wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:05 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:56 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:50 Liquid`Snute wrote:
As someone who usually would lose to the champion or someone KeSPA 2-3 in bracket stages of whatever DH/IEM Ro8 it's nice to see that a Ro8 finish here nets $500 more. but ... oh ... right ... lolol .... >_<

Massive money and support... I just hope there are opportunities for the best performing players somewhere down the line, more than once per year, to play vs Korean competition. EU-KR love all the way ~

You know, you are our hero. You brought us the amazing matches against the two protosses on IEM last year. These were the matches, we were looking forward to the whole year. Not to GSL, SSL ... not to WCS. And now, it is gone. There will be no opportunities to repeat it. At least, I hope, you will show good games in the RO16 group at BlizzCon.


Wow it's your first post that I see when you don't shit on a foreigner lol


Snute is kinda special.


Ah, I understand. Sorry Diabolique if you felt insulted. I just couldn't help but see that you "shit" on foreigners stating that foreigner scene is irrelevant at all and only Korea (along with those that don't hold achievements) with foreigners who achieved something significant during last five years are the people that community should focus on. And only these are important to you. I can understand that obviously, I'd be pretty pissed if I was a big football fan and Champions League was resized all of a sudden to hold less champion-caliber teams for few that don't always qualify because of the barrier they need to break.

And again - to me the worst thing about this system is the fact that it was introduced too late, after Koreans were let all over the world for the money to grab therefore extremely shrinking foreign scene. I said in other thread, that with the last systems to really break out in a non-WCS tournament to gain visibility you needed to be very lucky or incredibly good out of nothing - not having access to practice with Koreans on regular basis and be able to beat few of the KeSPA guys. Basically perform a miracle.

But I am not shitting on any foreigners. Maybe Desrow, maybe Mana when they started to celebrate the new system. Snute is a good guy, I never saw any tweet "celebrating" the new system from him. And his comment was awesome, saying, how he would be happy to have the opportunity to still compete with the Koreans somewhere.

I am even not saying that foreigners are bad. I am even not the kind of guy, who would just follow the highest level of SC2 only. Without the casters, I would be unable to recognize it. I even do not like that much GSL and SSL, in fact, I want to watch them only when my favorite player, sOs is playing. And with this new system, there is a big probability, he will not be playing any of them (= he will not qualify).

I am angry, because this is not justice! This is injustice! Banning the best players from ALL international tournaments, reducing their own local events, this is significantly reducing their life options. How can people exist, who support this? This huge injustice! They could have created a new WCS circuit, they could have stolen DreamHack, it was anyway 99% foreigners and a few B-class Koreans always ... But cancelling it all? That is bad. OK, maybe, at the end, somebody will organize ONE INTERNATIONAL EVENT. So the Koreans will have this one event and BlizzCon.

Were I a Korean pro, I would retire. Were I a young Korean, trying to become a pro, I would stop. Because the market is now too small for so many good players. This is fucking bad! Damaging the Korean scene is the way, they want to bring Koreans and foreigners closer.

Yes i'm sad that we won't see koreans play at foreign tournaments. But it's not like these top koreans who went to foreign tournaments will starve to death without the money. They make a good living regardles. Also gsl rewards 100k$ more and Blizzcon 250k more than 2015. That is more money than the prizepool of dh and iem combined.


It's really bad for B-tier and up and coming Koreans though as there's less opportunities to earn money and get noticed and earn anything.

Copied from Diaboliques list:
1. IEM Taipei - herO, HyuN, Polt, Rain, Classic, Life, Soulkey, PartinG, Maru, TRUE, Hydra
2. IEM WC - 16 top Koreans
3. DH Tours - Rain, PartinG, MC, FanTaSy, GuMiho, MMA, TRUE, Hydra, HyuN
4. HSC XI - PartinG, Rain, GuMiho, HyuN
5. DH Valencia - Pigbaby, Terminator, HerO, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TaeJa, TRUE, HyuN, Leenock, Curious, Symbol
6. IEM Shenzhen - Losira, TY, SuperNova, Classic, Rain, YongHwa, herO, PartinG
7. IEM gamescom - soO, MMA, INnoVation, FanTaSy
8. MSI - INnoVation, Hydra, PartinG, HyuN, sOs, Solar, Jaedong, viOLet, Polt
9. DH Stockholm - HerO, Hurricane, sOs, Rain, FanTaSy, TRUE, Jaedong, Curious, Leenock, HyuN, Solar, Dark


Hurricane pretty much the only small name on the list.
Neosteel Enthusiast
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
December 22 2015 13:41 GMT
#165
On December 22 2015 22:27 Nerchio wrote:
So there is only 2 spots for EU that are paid and the rest has to go for open qualifier at the place?


As I understood, there is no "Openqualifier".

There are a total of 96 slots in the tournament (just like every other D.H. Open.) , 3 Groupstages (where "Pros" just join the 2nd Groupstage, while not so famous ones start in the first one.) and then Playoffs from R016 onwoards.
The 8 Qualifierslots will give the qualified players total travel payment, while the other 88 player just travel to the event like last year at D.H. Valenca and other D.H. events.
Other then the payment, all qualified players are equal to the players who just travel to the event and play there.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
December 22 2015 13:42 GMT
#166
On December 22 2015 22:35 Thax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 17:44 WrathSCII wrote:
On December 22 2015 17:28 Liquid`Bunny wrote:
I was gonna go but now with no koreans i don't care anymore


At least tell me snute is going....


He's a filthy foreigner, what do you care?

No, you are a filthy foreigner! Snute is already half Korean, regretting he cannot play other Koreans. When Blizzard finds it out, he will be banned from the tournaments as well ;-)
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
December 22 2015 13:42 GMT
#167
On December 22 2015 22:35 Thax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 17:44 WrathSCII wrote:
On December 22 2015 17:28 Liquid`Bunny wrote:
I was gonna go but now with no koreans i don't care anymore


At least tell me snute is going....


He's a filthy foreigner, what do you care?


He is special, he can play. I don't know what this "special" means though
TL+ Member
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
December 22 2015 13:44 GMT
#168
On December 22 2015 22:40 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 22:35 AWalker9 wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:13 p4ch1n0 wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:57 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:42 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:13 WrathSCII wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:05 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:56 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:50 Liquid`Snute wrote:
As someone who usually would lose to the champion or someone KeSPA 2-3 in bracket stages of whatever DH/IEM Ro8 it's nice to see that a Ro8 finish here nets $500 more. but ... oh ... right ... lolol .... >_<

Massive money and support... I just hope there are opportunities for the best performing players somewhere down the line, more than once per year, to play vs Korean competition. EU-KR love all the way ~

You know, you are our hero. You brought us the amazing matches against the two protosses on IEM last year. These were the matches, we were looking forward to the whole year. Not to GSL, SSL ... not to WCS. And now, it is gone. There will be no opportunities to repeat it. At least, I hope, you will show good games in the RO16 group at BlizzCon.


Wow it's your first post that I see when you don't shit on a foreigner lol


Snute is kinda special.


Ah, I understand. Sorry Diabolique if you felt insulted. I just couldn't help but see that you "shit" on foreigners stating that foreigner scene is irrelevant at all and only Korea (along with those that don't hold achievements) with foreigners who achieved something significant during last five years are the people that community should focus on. And only these are important to you. I can understand that obviously, I'd be pretty pissed if I was a big football fan and Champions League was resized all of a sudden to hold less champion-caliber teams for few that don't always qualify because of the barrier they need to break.

And again - to me the worst thing about this system is the fact that it was introduced too late, after Koreans were let all over the world for the money to grab therefore extremely shrinking foreign scene. I said in other thread, that with the last systems to really break out in a non-WCS tournament to gain visibility you needed to be very lucky or incredibly good out of nothing - not having access to practice with Koreans on regular basis and be able to beat few of the KeSPA guys. Basically perform a miracle.

But I am not shitting on any foreigners. Maybe Desrow, maybe Mana when they started to celebrate the new system. Snute is a good guy, I never saw any tweet "celebrating" the new system from him. And his comment was awesome, saying, how he would be happy to have the opportunity to still compete with the Koreans somewhere.

I am even not saying that foreigners are bad. I am even not the kind of guy, who would just follow the highest level of SC2 only. Without the casters, I would be unable to recognize it. I even do not like that much GSL and SSL, in fact, I want to watch them only when my favorite player, sOs is playing. And with this new system, there is a big probability, he will not be playing any of them (= he will not qualify).

I am angry, because this is not justice! This is injustice! Banning the best players from ALL international tournaments, reducing their own local events, this is significantly reducing their life options. How can people exist, who support this? This huge injustice! They could have created a new WCS circuit, they could have stolen DreamHack, it was anyway 99% foreigners and a few B-class Koreans always ... But cancelling it all? That is bad. OK, maybe, at the end, somebody will organize ONE INTERNATIONAL EVENT. So the Koreans will have this one event and BlizzCon.

Were I a Korean pro, I would retire. Were I a young Korean, trying to become a pro, I would stop. Because the market is now too small for so many good players. This is fucking bad! Damaging the Korean scene is the way, they want to bring Koreans and foreigners closer.

Yes i'm sad that we won't see koreans play at foreign tournaments. But it's not like these top koreans who went to foreign tournaments will starve to death without the money. They make a good living regardles. Also gsl rewards 100k$ more and Blizzcon 250k more than 2015. That is more money than the prizepool of dh and iem combined.


It's really bad for B-tier and up and coming Koreans though as there's less opportunities to earn money and get noticed and earn anything.

Copied from Diaboliques list:
Show nested quote +
1. IEM Taipei - herO, HyuN, Polt, Rain, Classic, Life, Soulkey, PartinG, Maru, TRUE, Hydra
2. IEM WC - 16 top Koreans
3. DH Tours - Rain, PartinG, MC, FanTaSy, GuMiho, MMA, TRUE, Hydra, HyuN
4. HSC XI - PartinG, Rain, GuMiho, HyuN
5. DH Valencia - Pigbaby, Terminator, HerO, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TaeJa, TRUE, HyuN, Leenock, Curious, Symbol
6. IEM Shenzhen - Losira, TY, SuperNova, Classic, Rain, YongHwa, herO, PartinG
7. IEM gamescom - soO, MMA, INnoVation, FanTaSy
8. MSI - INnoVation, Hydra, PartinG, HyuN, sOs, Solar, Jaedong, viOLet, Polt
9. DH Stockholm - HerO, Hurricane, sOs, Rain, FanTaSy, TRUE, Jaedong, Curious, Leenock, HyuN, Solar, Dark


Hurricane pretty much the only small name on the list.

Sorry. Soulkey, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TRUE, Pigbaby, Terminator, TaeJa, Leenock, Symbol, Losira, SuperNova, YongHwa, Hurricane ... Learn to count! :-)
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
December 22 2015 13:49 GMT
#169
On December 22 2015 22:44 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 22:40 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:35 AWalker9 wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:13 p4ch1n0 wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:57 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:42 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:13 WrathSCII wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:05 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:56 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:50 Liquid`Snute wrote:
As someone who usually would lose to the champion or someone KeSPA 2-3 in bracket stages of whatever DH/IEM Ro8 it's nice to see that a Ro8 finish here nets $500 more. but ... oh ... right ... lolol .... >_<

Massive money and support... I just hope there are opportunities for the best performing players somewhere down the line, more than once per year, to play vs Korean competition. EU-KR love all the way ~

You know, you are our hero. You brought us the amazing matches against the two protosses on IEM last year. These were the matches, we were looking forward to the whole year. Not to GSL, SSL ... not to WCS. And now, it is gone. There will be no opportunities to repeat it. At least, I hope, you will show good games in the RO16 group at BlizzCon.


Wow it's your first post that I see when you don't shit on a foreigner lol


Snute is kinda special.


Ah, I understand. Sorry Diabolique if you felt insulted. I just couldn't help but see that you "shit" on foreigners stating that foreigner scene is irrelevant at all and only Korea (along with those that don't hold achievements) with foreigners who achieved something significant during last five years are the people that community should focus on. And only these are important to you. I can understand that obviously, I'd be pretty pissed if I was a big football fan and Champions League was resized all of a sudden to hold less champion-caliber teams for few that don't always qualify because of the barrier they need to break.

And again - to me the worst thing about this system is the fact that it was introduced too late, after Koreans were let all over the world for the money to grab therefore extremely shrinking foreign scene. I said in other thread, that with the last systems to really break out in a non-WCS tournament to gain visibility you needed to be very lucky or incredibly good out of nothing - not having access to practice with Koreans on regular basis and be able to beat few of the KeSPA guys. Basically perform a miracle.

But I am not shitting on any foreigners. Maybe Desrow, maybe Mana when they started to celebrate the new system. Snute is a good guy, I never saw any tweet "celebrating" the new system from him. And his comment was awesome, saying, how he would be happy to have the opportunity to still compete with the Koreans somewhere.

I am even not saying that foreigners are bad. I am even not the kind of guy, who would just follow the highest level of SC2 only. Without the casters, I would be unable to recognize it. I even do not like that much GSL and SSL, in fact, I want to watch them only when my favorite player, sOs is playing. And with this new system, there is a big probability, he will not be playing any of them (= he will not qualify).

I am angry, because this is not justice! This is injustice! Banning the best players from ALL international tournaments, reducing their own local events, this is significantly reducing their life options. How can people exist, who support this? This huge injustice! They could have created a new WCS circuit, they could have stolen DreamHack, it was anyway 99% foreigners and a few B-class Koreans always ... But cancelling it all? That is bad. OK, maybe, at the end, somebody will organize ONE INTERNATIONAL EVENT. So the Koreans will have this one event and BlizzCon.

Were I a Korean pro, I would retire. Were I a young Korean, trying to become a pro, I would stop. Because the market is now too small for so many good players. This is fucking bad! Damaging the Korean scene is the way, they want to bring Koreans and foreigners closer.

Yes i'm sad that we won't see koreans play at foreign tournaments. But it's not like these top koreans who went to foreign tournaments will starve to death without the money. They make a good living regardles. Also gsl rewards 100k$ more and Blizzcon 250k more than 2015. That is more money than the prizepool of dh and iem combined.


It's really bad for B-tier and up and coming Koreans though as there's less opportunities to earn money and get noticed and earn anything.

Copied from Diaboliques list:
1. IEM Taipei - herO, HyuN, Polt, Rain, Classic, Life, Soulkey, PartinG, Maru, TRUE, Hydra
2. IEM WC - 16 top Koreans
3. DH Tours - Rain, PartinG, MC, FanTaSy, GuMiho, MMA, TRUE, Hydra, HyuN
4. HSC XI - PartinG, Rain, GuMiho, HyuN
5. DH Valencia - Pigbaby, Terminator, HerO, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TaeJa, TRUE, HyuN, Leenock, Curious, Symbol
6. IEM Shenzhen - Losira, TY, SuperNova, Classic, Rain, YongHwa, herO, PartinG
7. IEM gamescom - soO, MMA, INnoVation, FanTaSy
8. MSI - INnoVation, Hydra, PartinG, HyuN, sOs, Solar, Jaedong, viOLet, Polt
9. DH Stockholm - HerO, Hurricane, sOs, Rain, FanTaSy, TRUE, Jaedong, Curious, Leenock, HyuN, Solar, Dark


Hurricane pretty much the only small name on the list.

Sorry. Soulkey, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TRUE, Pigbaby, Terminator, TaeJa, Leenock, Symbol, Losira, SuperNova, YongHwa, Hurricane ... Learn to count! :-)

These are the names, who do not have much chance to make it far in the 2 seasons of GSL / SSL. And can't compete anywhere else. Except for the one cup. OK are only those, who play Proleague.
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-22 13:53:15
December 22 2015 13:52 GMT
#170
On December 22 2015 22:49 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 22:44 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:40 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:35 AWalker9 wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:13 p4ch1n0 wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:57 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:42 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:13 WrathSCII wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:05 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:56 Diabolique wrote:
[quote]
You know, you are our hero. You brought us the amazing matches against the two protosses on IEM last year. These were the matches, we were looking forward to the whole year. Not to GSL, SSL ... not to WCS. And now, it is gone. There will be no opportunities to repeat it. At least, I hope, you will show good games in the RO16 group at BlizzCon.


Wow it's your first post that I see when you don't shit on a foreigner lol


Snute is kinda special.


Ah, I understand. Sorry Diabolique if you felt insulted. I just couldn't help but see that you "shit" on foreigners stating that foreigner scene is irrelevant at all and only Korea (along with those that don't hold achievements) with foreigners who achieved something significant during last five years are the people that community should focus on. And only these are important to you. I can understand that obviously, I'd be pretty pissed if I was a big football fan and Champions League was resized all of a sudden to hold less champion-caliber teams for few that don't always qualify because of the barrier they need to break.

And again - to me the worst thing about this system is the fact that it was introduced too late, after Koreans were let all over the world for the money to grab therefore extremely shrinking foreign scene. I said in other thread, that with the last systems to really break out in a non-WCS tournament to gain visibility you needed to be very lucky or incredibly good out of nothing - not having access to practice with Koreans on regular basis and be able to beat few of the KeSPA guys. Basically perform a miracle.

But I am not shitting on any foreigners. Maybe Desrow, maybe Mana when they started to celebrate the new system. Snute is a good guy, I never saw any tweet "celebrating" the new system from him. And his comment was awesome, saying, how he would be happy to have the opportunity to still compete with the Koreans somewhere.

I am even not saying that foreigners are bad. I am even not the kind of guy, who would just follow the highest level of SC2 only. Without the casters, I would be unable to recognize it. I even do not like that much GSL and SSL, in fact, I want to watch them only when my favorite player, sOs is playing. And with this new system, there is a big probability, he will not be playing any of them (= he will not qualify).

I am angry, because this is not justice! This is injustice! Banning the best players from ALL international tournaments, reducing their own local events, this is significantly reducing their life options. How can people exist, who support this? This huge injustice! They could have created a new WCS circuit, they could have stolen DreamHack, it was anyway 99% foreigners and a few B-class Koreans always ... But cancelling it all? That is bad. OK, maybe, at the end, somebody will organize ONE INTERNATIONAL EVENT. So the Koreans will have this one event and BlizzCon.

Were I a Korean pro, I would retire. Were I a young Korean, trying to become a pro, I would stop. Because the market is now too small for so many good players. This is fucking bad! Damaging the Korean scene is the way, they want to bring Koreans and foreigners closer.

Yes i'm sad that we won't see koreans play at foreign tournaments. But it's not like these top koreans who went to foreign tournaments will starve to death without the money. They make a good living regardles. Also gsl rewards 100k$ more and Blizzcon 250k more than 2015. That is more money than the prizepool of dh and iem combined.


It's really bad for B-tier and up and coming Koreans though as there's less opportunities to earn money and get noticed and earn anything.

Copied from Diaboliques list:
1. IEM Taipei - herO, HyuN, Polt, Rain, Classic, Life, Soulkey, PartinG, Maru, TRUE, Hydra
2. IEM WC - 16 top Koreans
3. DH Tours - Rain, PartinG, MC, FanTaSy, GuMiho, MMA, TRUE, Hydra, HyuN
4. HSC XI - PartinG, Rain, GuMiho, HyuN
5. DH Valencia - Pigbaby, Terminator, HerO, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TaeJa, TRUE, HyuN, Leenock, Curious, Symbol
6. IEM Shenzhen - Losira, TY, SuperNova, Classic, Rain, YongHwa, herO, PartinG
7. IEM gamescom - soO, MMA, INnoVation, FanTaSy
8. MSI - INnoVation, Hydra, PartinG, HyuN, sOs, Solar, Jaedong, viOLet, Polt
9. DH Stockholm - HerO, Hurricane, sOs, Rain, FanTaSy, TRUE, Jaedong, Curious, Leenock, HyuN, Solar, Dark


Hurricane pretty much the only small name on the list.

Sorry. Soulkey, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TRUE, Pigbaby, Terminator, TaeJa, Leenock, Symbol, Losira, SuperNova, YongHwa, Hurricane ... Learn to count! :-)

These are the names, who do not have much chance to make it far in the 2 seasons of GSL / SSL. And can't compete anywhere else. Except for the one cup. OK are only those, who play Proleague.

Soulkey is a GSL champion. He can always do well.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Ve5pa
Profile Joined December 2014
United Kingdom252 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-22 13:56:00
December 22 2015 13:52 GMT
#171
On December 22 2015 17:28 Liquid`Bunny wrote:
I was gonna go but now with no koreans i don't care anymore


Haha, this made me laugh xD

But those tweets from the full of salt North Americans didn't, really sad to see that. Backhanded compliment from iNcontrol as well.

IMO Blizzard should give the fans what they want, and clearly many people want to see Koreans at foreign events.

Half of the issue a lot of pro's seem to have is the Koreans that have the right to play like Polt don't play on their local ladders and therefore don't contribute to that community getting better. I know total Biscuit had some ideas about this he went over in a soundcloud piece.
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
December 22 2015 13:55 GMT
#172
On December 22 2015 22:49 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 22:44 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:40 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:35 AWalker9 wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:13 p4ch1n0 wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:57 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:42 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:13 WrathSCII wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:05 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:56 Diabolique wrote:
[quote]
You know, you are our hero. You brought us the amazing matches against the two protosses on IEM last year. These were the matches, we were looking forward to the whole year. Not to GSL, SSL ... not to WCS. And now, it is gone. There will be no opportunities to repeat it. At least, I hope, you will show good games in the RO16 group at BlizzCon.


Wow it's your first post that I see when you don't shit on a foreigner lol


Snute is kinda special.


Ah, I understand. Sorry Diabolique if you felt insulted. I just couldn't help but see that you "shit" on foreigners stating that foreigner scene is irrelevant at all and only Korea (along with those that don't hold achievements) with foreigners who achieved something significant during last five years are the people that community should focus on. And only these are important to you. I can understand that obviously, I'd be pretty pissed if I was a big football fan and Champions League was resized all of a sudden to hold less champion-caliber teams for few that don't always qualify because of the barrier they need to break.

And again - to me the worst thing about this system is the fact that it was introduced too late, after Koreans were let all over the world for the money to grab therefore extremely shrinking foreign scene. I said in other thread, that with the last systems to really break out in a non-WCS tournament to gain visibility you needed to be very lucky or incredibly good out of nothing - not having access to practice with Koreans on regular basis and be able to beat few of the KeSPA guys. Basically perform a miracle.

But I am not shitting on any foreigners. Maybe Desrow, maybe Mana when they started to celebrate the new system. Snute is a good guy, I never saw any tweet "celebrating" the new system from him. And his comment was awesome, saying, how he would be happy to have the opportunity to still compete with the Koreans somewhere.

I am even not saying that foreigners are bad. I am even not the kind of guy, who would just follow the highest level of SC2 only. Without the casters, I would be unable to recognize it. I even do not like that much GSL and SSL, in fact, I want to watch them only when my favorite player, sOs is playing. And with this new system, there is a big probability, he will not be playing any of them (= he will not qualify).

I am angry, because this is not justice! This is injustice! Banning the best players from ALL international tournaments, reducing their own local events, this is significantly reducing their life options. How can people exist, who support this? This huge injustice! They could have created a new WCS circuit, they could have stolen DreamHack, it was anyway 99% foreigners and a few B-class Koreans always ... But cancelling it all? That is bad. OK, maybe, at the end, somebody will organize ONE INTERNATIONAL EVENT. So the Koreans will have this one event and BlizzCon.

Were I a Korean pro, I would retire. Were I a young Korean, trying to become a pro, I would stop. Because the market is now too small for so many good players. This is fucking bad! Damaging the Korean scene is the way, they want to bring Koreans and foreigners closer.

Yes i'm sad that we won't see koreans play at foreign tournaments. But it's not like these top koreans who went to foreign tournaments will starve to death without the money. They make a good living regardles. Also gsl rewards 100k$ more and Blizzcon 250k more than 2015. That is more money than the prizepool of dh and iem combined.


It's really bad for B-tier and up and coming Koreans though as there's less opportunities to earn money and get noticed and earn anything.

Copied from Diaboliques list:
1. IEM Taipei - herO, HyuN, Polt, Rain, Classic, Life, Soulkey, PartinG, Maru, TRUE, Hydra
2. IEM WC - 16 top Koreans
3. DH Tours - Rain, PartinG, MC, FanTaSy, GuMiho, MMA, TRUE, Hydra, HyuN
4. HSC XI - PartinG, Rain, GuMiho, HyuN
5. DH Valencia - Pigbaby, Terminator, HerO, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TaeJa, TRUE, HyuN, Leenock, Curious, Symbol
6. IEM Shenzhen - Losira, TY, SuperNova, Classic, Rain, YongHwa, herO, PartinG
7. IEM gamescom - soO, MMA, INnoVation, FanTaSy
8. MSI - INnoVation, Hydra, PartinG, HyuN, sOs, Solar, Jaedong, viOLet, Polt
9. DH Stockholm - HerO, Hurricane, sOs, Rain, FanTaSy, TRUE, Jaedong, Curious, Leenock, HyuN, Solar, Dark


Hurricane pretty much the only small name on the list.

Sorry. Soulkey, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TRUE, Pigbaby, Terminator, TaeJa, Leenock, Symbol, Losira, SuperNova, YongHwa, Hurricane ... Learn to count! :-)

These are the names, who do not have much chance to make it far in the 2 seasons of GSL / SSL. And can't compete anywhere else. Except for the one cup. OK are only those, who play Proleague.


I came up with another funny solution for WCS 2016 to make everyone happy: once a player wins a tournament, he should be blocked from entering any other tournament until Blizzcon. That way more Koreans have a chance!
TL+ Member
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-22 14:03:49
December 22 2015 14:00 GMT
#173
On December 22 2015 22:52 Ve5pa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 17:28 Liquid`Bunny wrote:
I was gonna go but now with no koreans i don't care anymore


Haha, this made me laugh xD

But those tweets from the full of salt North Americans didn't, really sad to see that. Backhanded compliment from iNcontrol as well.

IMO Blizzard should give the fans what they want, and clearly many people want to see Koreans at foreign events.

Half of the issue a lot of pro's seem to have is the Koreans that have the right to play like Polt don't play on their local ladders and therefore don't contribute to that community getting better. I know total Biscuit had some ideas about this he went over in a soundcloud piece.


We acutally had Patience, Golden, HyuN, MC, First, Yoda, Jjakji, Stardust, Sacsri and ForGG playing all day on the Europen ladder. We kicked their asses back to korea.

Not to mention, that Fantasy and True were ready to move over. Even Rain. And the Invasion Esports Koreans. We shut the door right in their face.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
Ve5pa
Profile Joined December 2014
United Kingdom252 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-22 14:07:42
December 22 2015 14:05 GMT
#174
On December 22 2015 23:00 Clonester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 22:52 Ve5pa wrote:
On December 22 2015 17:28 Liquid`Bunny wrote:
I was gonna go but now with no koreans i don't care anymore


Haha, this made me laugh xD

But those tweets from the full of salt North Americans didn't, really sad to see that. Backhanded compliment from iNcontrol as well.

IMO Blizzard should give the fans what they want, and clearly many people want to see Koreans at foreign events.

Half of the issue a lot of pro's seem to have is the Koreans that have the right to play like Polt don't play on their local ladders and therefore don't contribute to that community getting better. I know total Biscuit had some ideas about this he went over in a soundcloud piece.


We acutally had Patience, Golden, HyuN, MC, First, Yoda, Jjakji, Stardust, Sacsri and ForGG playing all day on the Europen ladder. We kicked their asses back to korea.

Not to mention, that Fantasy and True were ready to move over. Even Rain. And the Invasion Esports Koreans. We shut the door right in their face.


Yeah it seems mainly an NA issue to be honest from what I hear. Your right I do believe most of the GEM players and mYi players would play on EU, this is probably why the EU scene seems to be a lot more competative than the NA scene.

I think the Koreans based in NA would just rather play on Korea server with higher ping, or so I gathered.
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-22 14:16:00
December 22 2015 14:10 GMT
#175
On December 22 2015 23:05 Ve5pa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 23:00 Clonester wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:52 Ve5pa wrote:
On December 22 2015 17:28 Liquid`Bunny wrote:
I was gonna go but now with no koreans i don't care anymore


Haha, this made me laugh xD

But those tweets from the full of salt North Americans didn't, really sad to see that. Backhanded compliment from iNcontrol as well.

IMO Blizzard should give the fans what they want, and clearly many people want to see Koreans at foreign events.

Half of the issue a lot of pro's seem to have is the Koreans that have the right to play like Polt don't play on their local ladders and therefore don't contribute to that community getting better. I know total Biscuit had some ideas about this he went over in a soundcloud piece.


We acutally had Patience, Golden, HyuN, MC, First, Yoda, Jjakji, Stardust, Sacsri and ForGG playing all day on the Europen ladder. We kicked their asses back to korea.

Not to mention, that Fantasy and True were ready to move over. Even Rain. And the Invasion Esports Koreans. We shut the door right in their face.


Yeah it seems mainly an NA issue to be honest from what I hear. Your right I do believe most of the GEM players and mYi players would play on EU, this is probably why the EU scene seems to be a lot more competative than the NA scene.

I think the Koreans based in NA would just rather play on Korea server with higher ping, or so I gathered.


Yeah, I agree. Unless there is a real incentive in playing local ladder, Koreans (I mean the majority or just the currently best ones) will never willingly play anywhere else than in their own region. I'm not even sure if money would fix that, as TB's solution proposed.

And to counter an argument that foreigners playing with foreigners will hurt the overall player-base skill-wise, wouldn't the situation where Koreans play foreigners hurt Korean skill level? Wouldn't the "pure" skill got worse if they weren't forced to compete that hard, while they would be the best in the region?
TL+ Member
Ve5pa
Profile Joined December 2014
United Kingdom252 Posts
December 22 2015 14:12 GMT
#176
On another note what is Blizzards stance on foreigners going to practice in Korea, am I right in understanding that under the new system someone like Harstem who has just been to Korea to practice would not be able to attend EU events untill he had been back living in EU for at least a month? This seems really strange and many foreigners go to Korea to practice but then barring them from events in EU when they get back until they had resided in EU for at least a month would surely negate much of the practice.
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-22 14:27:00
December 22 2015 14:12 GMT
#177
On December 22 2015 23:10 aQuaSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 23:05 Ve5pa wrote:
On December 22 2015 23:00 Clonester wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:52 Ve5pa wrote:
On December 22 2015 17:28 Liquid`Bunny wrote:
I was gonna go but now with no koreans i don't care anymore


Haha, this made me laugh xD

But those tweets from the full of salt North Americans didn't, really sad to see that. Backhanded compliment from iNcontrol as well.

IMO Blizzard should give the fans what they want, and clearly many people want to see Koreans at foreign events.

Half of the issue a lot of pro's seem to have is the Koreans that have the right to play like Polt don't play on their local ladders and therefore don't contribute to that community getting better. I know total Biscuit had some ideas about this he went over in a soundcloud piece.


We acutally had Patience, Golden, HyuN, MC, First, Yoda, Jjakji, Stardust, Sacsri and ForGG playing all day on the Europen ladder. We kicked their asses back to korea.

Not to mention, that Fantasy and True were ready to move over. Even Rain. And the Invasion Esports Koreans. We shut the door right in their face.


Yeah it seems mainly an NA issue to be honest from what I hear. Your right I do believe most of the GEM players and mYi players would play on EU, this is probably why the EU scene seems to be a lot more competative than the NA scene.

I think the Koreans based in NA would just rather play on Korea server with higher ping, or so I gathered.


Yeah, I agree. Unless there is a real incentive in playing local ladder, Koreans will never willingly play anywhere else than in their own region. I'm not even sure if money would fix that, as TB's solution proposed.
They should just offer WCS points to the top ladder player like they do in Hearthstone. Make it so that Koreans have incentive to get high rankings on whatever ladder they can. Maybe even offer double the points if they got high ranking on multiple ladders simultaneously.
p4ch1n0
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany38 Posts
December 22 2015 14:14 GMT
#178
On December 22 2015 22:49 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 22:44 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:40 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:35 AWalker9 wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:13 p4ch1n0 wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:57 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:42 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:13 WrathSCII wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:05 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 19:56 Diabolique wrote:
[quote]
You know, you are our hero. You brought us the amazing matches against the two protosses on IEM last year. These were the matches, we were looking forward to the whole year. Not to GSL, SSL ... not to WCS. And now, it is gone. There will be no opportunities to repeat it. At least, I hope, you will show good games in the RO16 group at BlizzCon.


Wow it's your first post that I see when you don't shit on a foreigner lol


Snute is kinda special.


Ah, I understand. Sorry Diabolique if you felt insulted. I just couldn't help but see that you "shit" on foreigners stating that foreigner scene is irrelevant at all and only Korea (along with those that don't hold achievements) with foreigners who achieved something significant during last five years are the people that community should focus on. And only these are important to you. I can understand that obviously, I'd be pretty pissed if I was a big football fan and Champions League was resized all of a sudden to hold less champion-caliber teams for few that don't always qualify because of the barrier they need to break.

And again - to me the worst thing about this system is the fact that it was introduced too late, after Koreans were let all over the world for the money to grab therefore extremely shrinking foreign scene. I said in other thread, that with the last systems to really break out in a non-WCS tournament to gain visibility you needed to be very lucky or incredibly good out of nothing - not having access to practice with Koreans on regular basis and be able to beat few of the KeSPA guys. Basically perform a miracle.

But I am not shitting on any foreigners. Maybe Desrow, maybe Mana when they started to celebrate the new system. Snute is a good guy, I never saw any tweet "celebrating" the new system from him. And his comment was awesome, saying, how he would be happy to have the opportunity to still compete with the Koreans somewhere.

I am even not saying that foreigners are bad. I am even not the kind of guy, who would just follow the highest level of SC2 only. Without the casters, I would be unable to recognize it. I even do not like that much GSL and SSL, in fact, I want to watch them only when my favorite player, sOs is playing. And with this new system, there is a big probability, he will not be playing any of them (= he will not qualify).

I am angry, because this is not justice! This is injustice! Banning the best players from ALL international tournaments, reducing their own local events, this is significantly reducing their life options. How can people exist, who support this? This huge injustice! They could have created a new WCS circuit, they could have stolen DreamHack, it was anyway 99% foreigners and a few B-class Koreans always ... But cancelling it all? That is bad. OK, maybe, at the end, somebody will organize ONE INTERNATIONAL EVENT. So the Koreans will have this one event and BlizzCon.

Were I a Korean pro, I would retire. Were I a young Korean, trying to become a pro, I would stop. Because the market is now too small for so many good players. This is fucking bad! Damaging the Korean scene is the way, they want to bring Koreans and foreigners closer.

Yes i'm sad that we won't see koreans play at foreign tournaments. But it's not like these top koreans who went to foreign tournaments will starve to death without the money. They make a good living regardles. Also gsl rewards 100k$ more and Blizzcon 250k more than 2015. That is more money than the prizepool of dh and iem combined.


It's really bad for B-tier and up and coming Koreans though as there's less opportunities to earn money and get noticed and earn anything.

Copied from Diaboliques list:
1. IEM Taipei - herO, HyuN, Polt, Rain, Classic, Life, Soulkey, PartinG, Maru, TRUE, Hydra
2. IEM WC - 16 top Koreans
3. DH Tours - Rain, PartinG, MC, FanTaSy, GuMiho, MMA, TRUE, Hydra, HyuN
4. HSC XI - PartinG, Rain, GuMiho, HyuN
5. DH Valencia - Pigbaby, Terminator, HerO, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TaeJa, TRUE, HyuN, Leenock, Curious, Symbol
6. IEM Shenzhen - Losira, TY, SuperNova, Classic, Rain, YongHwa, herO, PartinG
7. IEM gamescom - soO, MMA, INnoVation, FanTaSy
8. MSI - INnoVation, Hydra, PartinG, HyuN, sOs, Solar, Jaedong, viOLet, Polt
9. DH Stockholm - HerO, Hurricane, sOs, Rain, FanTaSy, TRUE, Jaedong, Curious, Leenock, HyuN, Solar, Dark


Hurricane pretty much the only small name on the list.

Sorry. Soulkey, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TRUE, Pigbaby, Terminator, TaeJa, Leenock, Symbol, Losira, SuperNova, YongHwa, Hurricane ... Learn to count! :-)

These are the names, who do not have much chance to make it far in the 2 seasons of GSL / SSL. And can't compete anywhere else. Except for the one cup. OK are only those, who play Proleague.

So giving money to not top tier players is good for the sceene? I might be having a dejavu, but i think i have heard of a system that tries to do exactly that.
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-22 14:21:43
December 22 2015 14:17 GMT
#179
On December 22 2015 23:05 Ve5pa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 23:00 Clonester wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:52 Ve5pa wrote:
On December 22 2015 17:28 Liquid`Bunny wrote:
I was gonna go but now with no koreans i don't care anymore


Haha, this made me laugh xD

But those tweets from the full of salt North Americans didn't, really sad to see that. Backhanded compliment from iNcontrol as well.

IMO Blizzard should give the fans what they want, and clearly many people want to see Koreans at foreign events.

Half of the issue a lot of pro's seem to have is the Koreans that have the right to play like Polt don't play on their local ladders and therefore don't contribute to that community getting better. I know total Biscuit had some ideas about this he went over in a soundcloud piece.


We acutally had Patience, Golden, HyuN, MC, First, Yoda, Jjakji, Stardust, Sacsri and ForGG playing all day on the Europen ladder. We kicked their asses back to korea.

Not to mention, that Fantasy and True were ready to move over. Even Rain. And the Invasion Esports Koreans. We shut the door right in their face.


Yeah it seems mainly an NA issue to be honest from what I hear. Your right I do believe most of the GEM players and mYi players would play on EU, this is probably why the EU scene seems to be a lot more competative than the NA scene.

I think the Koreans based in NA would just rather play on Korea server with higher ping, or so I gathered.


The NA Koreans werent even in NA. There was just no reason. WCS NA was played on NA server, but you could connect from Kr with decent ping to them. So they played Qualifier, Challanger and Ro32 from Kr and just took a flight for Ro16 and onowards. They never had a reason to actually go to NA. And when they went to NA, like Polt or later Hydra 2015, they connected to the Kr server and played there. (Something, that alot of NA foreigners could do too).
In WCS EU, you had a harsh time playing qualifier, challanger and Ro32, because the ping from Kr to EU is just way to high (if you arent extremly lucky). Thats why EU players cant play on Kr. So most of the players, who wanted to play in WCS EU, moved over. Also EU had the infrastructure and teams/orgs, who payed these players, gave them a teamhouse and thus a home. A.I. with Patience and Golden, mYi with Sacsri, Jjakji and Stardust, GEM with HyuN (who lived in Germany but played WCS AM), MC, First and Yoda as also Millenium with ForGG (tho he lived alone). The only player in 2014, who didnt live in EU but played in the league, was San. And 2015, with the 2014 system, True, Fantasy and some of the Invasion esports guys would have moved to EU. As maybe also Rain (but maybe not).

From EU perspective, I liked WCS 2014 the most. Yeah, Koreans didnt have 2 star Leagues, but they did not need em, GSL gave more money but also Koreans could leave korea and move to EU, where they only played on EU server. NA was fucked, because the Koreans neither had to move to NA nor to play on that server once they had a NA master account. But this was a NA problem. Togeather with giving Challanger and Ro32 more money, I think 2015 could have been that year for the EU scene. Instead we lost all koreans on our ladder.

Just forgot, MMA was acutally also living in Germany 2014, at least for months.

When you say, Koreans will lose their skill by playing EU or NA ladder, thats only true when you got only one or 2 there. But we had over 10 Koreans on EU ladder, that should be enough to maintain the skill of the koreans and give the Foreigners a daily based competition with the Koreans and improve them.

And the koreans didnt lose that much skill. MMA looked strong in GSL 2015, Patience slaughtered his way through the korean qualifier of IEM Kato 2015. HyuN made it into SSL and GSL. There were enough koreans in Europe to maintain there skill while giving foreigners a daily competion.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
December 22 2015 14:18 GMT
#180
On December 22 2015 22:52 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 22:49 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:44 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:40 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:35 AWalker9 wrote:
On December 22 2015 22:13 p4ch1n0 wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:57 Diabolique wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:42 aQuaSC wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:13 WrathSCII wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:05 aQuaSC wrote:
[quote]

Wow it's your first post that I see when you don't shit on a foreigner lol


Snute is kinda special.


Ah, I understand. Sorry Diabolique if you felt insulted. I just couldn't help but see that you "shit" on foreigners stating that foreigner scene is irrelevant at all and only Korea (along with those that don't hold achievements) with foreigners who achieved something significant during last five years are the people that community should focus on. And only these are important to you. I can understand that obviously, I'd be pretty pissed if I was a big football fan and Champions League was resized all of a sudden to hold less champion-caliber teams for few that don't always qualify because of the barrier they need to break.

And again - to me the worst thing about this system is the fact that it was introduced too late, after Koreans were let all over the world for the money to grab therefore extremely shrinking foreign scene. I said in other thread, that with the last systems to really break out in a non-WCS tournament to gain visibility you needed to be very lucky or incredibly good out of nothing - not having access to practice with Koreans on regular basis and be able to beat few of the KeSPA guys. Basically perform a miracle.

But I am not shitting on any foreigners. Maybe Desrow, maybe Mana when they started to celebrate the new system. Snute is a good guy, I never saw any tweet "celebrating" the new system from him. And his comment was awesome, saying, how he would be happy to have the opportunity to still compete with the Koreans somewhere.

I am even not saying that foreigners are bad. I am even not the kind of guy, who would just follow the highest level of SC2 only. Without the casters, I would be unable to recognize it. I even do not like that much GSL and SSL, in fact, I want to watch them only when my favorite player, sOs is playing. And with this new system, there is a big probability, he will not be playing any of them (= he will not qualify).

I am angry, because this is not justice! This is injustice! Banning the best players from ALL international tournaments, reducing their own local events, this is significantly reducing their life options. How can people exist, who support this? This huge injustice! They could have created a new WCS circuit, they could have stolen DreamHack, it was anyway 99% foreigners and a few B-class Koreans always ... But cancelling it all? That is bad. OK, maybe, at the end, somebody will organize ONE INTERNATIONAL EVENT. So the Koreans will have this one event and BlizzCon.

Were I a Korean pro, I would retire. Were I a young Korean, trying to become a pro, I would stop. Because the market is now too small for so many good players. This is fucking bad! Damaging the Korean scene is the way, they want to bring Koreans and foreigners closer.

Yes i'm sad that we won't see koreans play at foreign tournaments. But it's not like these top koreans who went to foreign tournaments will starve to death without the money. They make a good living regardles. Also gsl rewards 100k$ more and Blizzcon 250k more than 2015. That is more money than the prizepool of dh and iem combined.


It's really bad for B-tier and up and coming Koreans though as there's less opportunities to earn money and get noticed and earn anything.

Copied from Diaboliques list:
1. IEM Taipei - herO, HyuN, Polt, Rain, Classic, Life, Soulkey, PartinG, Maru, TRUE, Hydra
2. IEM WC - 16 top Koreans
3. DH Tours - Rain, PartinG, MC, FanTaSy, GuMiho, MMA, TRUE, Hydra, HyuN
4. HSC XI - PartinG, Rain, GuMiho, HyuN
5. DH Valencia - Pigbaby, Terminator, HerO, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TaeJa, TRUE, HyuN, Leenock, Curious, Symbol
6. IEM Shenzhen - Losira, TY, SuperNova, Classic, Rain, YongHwa, herO, PartinG
7. IEM gamescom - soO, MMA, INnoVation, FanTaSy
8. MSI - INnoVation, Hydra, PartinG, HyuN, sOs, Solar, Jaedong, viOLet, Polt
9. DH Stockholm - HerO, Hurricane, sOs, Rain, FanTaSy, TRUE, Jaedong, Curious, Leenock, HyuN, Solar, Dark


Hurricane pretty much the only small name on the list.

Sorry. Soulkey, FanTaSy, GuMiho, TRUE, Pigbaby, Terminator, TaeJa, Leenock, Symbol, Losira, SuperNova, YongHwa, Hurricane ... Learn to count! :-)

These are the names, who do not have much chance to make it far in the 2 seasons of GSL / SSL. And can't compete anywhere else. Except for the one cup. OK are only those, who play Proleague.

Soulkey is a GSL champion. He can always do well.

He can, of course he can. And sOs is a triple world champion. And I am afraid, he will not do well with 4 possibilities in a year, where he already lost one.
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings102
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft339
ByuN 286
RuFF_SC2 148
ViBE92
CosmosSc2 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2340
GuemChi 1386
Artosis 654
Sharp 163
910 61
MaD[AoV]19
Bale 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever433
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 712
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox815
Other Games
summit1g8976
Day[9].tv781
JimRising 616
C9.Mang0423
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick796
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
• EnkiAlexander 48
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo182
Other Games
• Day9tv781
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 34m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.