• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:38
CEST 05:38
KST 12:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7733 users

[Interview] 2015 SPL Postseason Playoffs R1 M2

Forum Index > SC2 General
24 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-29 22:49:11
September 27 2015 06:08 GMT
#1
[image loading] (P)sOs

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

You secured a reverse all-kill and brought your team the victory. How do you feel?

I didn’t think to myself that I was going to pull off a reverse all-kill. I also had no idea that our team would get pushed into such a corner. There were a lot of people saying that there was no way I was going to get sent out if we went all the way to the third match because of DH scheduling. But then, the Jin Air organization bought me two airplane tickets so that I would be able to participate in the third match if it came down to it. Because of that, I was able to just prepare for my Proleague matches with my mind at ease. I really want to thank Jin Air’s managing director, Jo Hyun Min, for making this possible. I am so glad that I won because I wanted to be able to say this in an interview.

Jin Air fell into a dangerous situation with Flash securing three straight kills.

I actually recommended a proxy gate strategy to Trap for that first game but Flash made a supply right at his entrance so I was worried a bit. But even though Trap lost, I wasn’t worried since I knew how good Rogue was. But then I started worrying about the potential that we would get all-killed after seeing him lose. Flash was playing really well and he wasn’t showing any weaknesses. Because I was aware of the fact that our team would be going into the third match with a disadvantage if I lost here, that’s why I decided to go for an all-in strategy.

TY decided to do the same build Flash did.

I wasn’t worried too much. I knew that that certain build order is just something terrans like to do. I wanted to see exactly what he was up to so I scouted using my stalkers as best as I could. That decision ended up working out really well.

You used two warp prisms against Zest and showed us a fight through that.

I was at a disadvantage in the beginning. But I knew that this method would allow me to take charge of the game even if Zest did have the higher supply. That decision went through for me.

If you had to pick a difficult game?

That would be games six and seven. PvP is a battle of rock, paper, scissors so they were difficult.

Stats went for a blink stalker pressure in game seven, you responded by building a pylon in his base and attacked him by warping inside his own base.

I was originally planning on using the same build order I did for game six for game seven, but then my teammates advised me to watch out for the possibility of a fast gateway pressure build from Stats. I was able to see what he was up to by scouting him. I’m rather on the slow side when it comes to hand movements, but I like to multi-task so rather than just sit still and defend, I decided instead to roll the dices.

It looks like you won’t be able to rest even though Chuseok is coming up.

CJ is a good team. It’s a team that holds the current SSL champion and GSL/SSL finalist. This won’t be easy for us since they have been resting while we’ve been practicing, and they can watch our games vs KT and decipher us. But the momentum is on our side so I think a good match will result regardless.

Anyone you want to face?

Last time we went up against CJ, Bunny decimated me with his widow mines. Ever since then, I’ve been getting teased about that game from my teammates. That really was a game where I did nothing and just stood in a dazed state as I watched myself lose. I want revenge.

Anything else you would like to say?

Even though I was able to secure a reverse all-kill, it was only possible because of my teammates. I talked to them after every game was over. Even though I couldn’t think straight no matter how many times I talked to them, I still believed in my teammates and just did the build orders they recommended. It’s been a long time since I was last sent out as the ace. I think I was only able to win because the coach and the supervisor believed in me. Once again, I really want to thank the managing director, Jo Hyun Min, and the Jin Air Corporation’s supervisor, Lee Jung Won. I will make sure that Jin Air is able to step onto the finals stage by ensuring that we work just as hard as we did in our preparation against KT for CJ. Lastly, I want to thank my parents, my friends, and the fans for endlessly cheering me on.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews:
  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
Facebook Twitter Reddit
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
September 27 2015 06:11 GMT
#2
Freaking sos
can i get my estro logo back pls
iMrising
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1099 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-27 06:26:09
September 27 2015 06:25 GMT
#3
$O$ is pretty considerate and humble. What a baller.
edit: also thanks seeker for the translation!! I haven't seen one of these for a while so reading this was really refreshing
$O$ | soO
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-27 06:37:53
September 27 2015 06:37 GMT
#4
sOs all about the power of friendship......


given in 100k amounts
Moderator
Marcinko
Profile Joined May 2013
South Africa1014 Posts
September 27 2015 06:39 GMT
#5
Sounds like a cool guy.
....
Marcinko
Profile Joined May 2013
South Africa1014 Posts
September 27 2015 06:39 GMT
#6
On September 27 2015 15:37 stuchiu wrote:
sOs all about the power of friendship......


given in 100k amounts


100K gets you lots of friends.
....
KappaKingPrime
Profile Joined May 2014
United States468 Posts
September 27 2015 06:49 GMT
#7
<3 $O$, thanks for translate.
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
September 27 2015 06:51 GMT
#8
Thank you for the translation Seeker
sOs <3
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
Edpayasugo
Profile Joined April 2013
United Kingdom2223 Posts
September 27 2015 08:10 GMT
#9
That's a great interview, what a nice chap!
FlaSh MMA INnoVation FanTaSy MKP TY Ryung | soO Dark Rogue | HuK PartinG Stork State
wstubzi
Profile Joined February 2015
New Zealand224 Posts
September 27 2015 08:13 GMT
#10
Nice interview, thank you so much for translating. Hope Jin Air beat CJ and move on to the finals
iMrising
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1099 Posts
September 27 2015 08:32 GMT
#11
On September 27 2015 15:39 Marcinko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2015 15:37 stuchiu wrote:
sOs all about the power of friendship......


given in 100k amounts


100K gets you lots of friends.

soon to be 300k
$O$ | soO
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
September 27 2015 09:31 GMT
#12
Even though I couldn’t think straight no matter how many times I talked to them, I still believed in my teammates and just did the build orders they recommended.


naaaww, how cute

i love sos
maru G5L pls
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
September 27 2015 09:36 GMT
#13
His high clutchness of Aiur.
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
September 27 2015 10:17 GMT
#14
Yea, Flash should all kill and prevent this from happening
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
laaaaaaaamee
Profile Joined July 2012
Australia95 Posts
September 27 2015 10:55 GMT
#15
NICE THX!

hey seeker, did you ever end up translating that maru life interview?! D:
tfw maru promises to show me good games
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
September 27 2015 13:07 GMT
#16
thanks for the translation Seeker
trada
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany347 Posts
September 27 2015 14:45 GMT
#17
I dont know what makes for a better interview... good questions or good answers?!

This was the best interview in a long time so I'll give credit to both hte interviewer and the interviewee (and of course the translator).
~
feanaro
Profile Joined March 2014
United States123 Posts
September 27 2015 18:23 GMT
#18
$O$ confirmed most lovable sadist in SC2. Blizzcon just got even more hype.

Thank you so much Seeker, I always enjoy your translations.
joshie0808
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1024 Posts
September 27 2015 19:30 GMT
#19
Thanks for the translation!
Great interview, SoS is awesome
Jj_82
Profile Joined December 2012
Swaziland419 Posts
September 27 2015 19:50 GMT
#20
Great read, thx!
Once rode a waterslide with PartinG and TaeJa ✌
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 211
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17671
Rain 1498
GuemChi 644
sSak 34
Bale 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 453
Coldzera 353
minikerr33
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1070
Mew2King68
Other Games
summit1g7166
WinterStarcraft635
JimRising 628
C9.Mang0166
ViBE130
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1014
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 15
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo743
• Stunt330
Other Games
• Scarra886
• Shiphtur573
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 22m
INu's Battles
7h 22m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 22m
OSC
18h 37m
Replay Cast
19h 22m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.