• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:50
CEST 00:50
KST 07:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9440 users

Season 4 Ladder Map Pool: Voting Begins! - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
1068 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 54 Next
Moonsalt
Profile Joined May 2011
267 Posts
October 06 2014 21:26 GMT
#461
M E T A L O P O L I S B O Y S !!!!
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 06 2014 21:36 GMT
#462
No real surprise here for the #1 spot, I guess this map will even end up being OK with blink all-ins not being that devastating any more. I personally disliked it for its heavy blur and a number of graphical bugs on low settings that set my teeth on edge, but I have to admit it produced a lot of awesome games and had a really innovative setup at the time. Overall a great map that just rightfully deserves to be here, a nice first pick.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
October 06 2014 21:47 GMT
#463
CLOOUUUDDD
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
TheLordofAwesome
Profile Joined May 2014
Korea (South)2656 Posts
October 06 2014 21:48 GMT
#464
Steppes isn't first. Rigged vote.

On a more serious note, I'm happy with CK being in the ladder map pool. It's always proven to be a good map, except for maybe SH vs Protoss. But I play Terran, so that won't affect me too much.
Deleted User 26513
Profile Joined February 2007
2376 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-06 21:56:00
October 06 2014 21:55 GMT
#465
Ok, maybe I missed something horrible that happened in the SC2 community (i'm not "up to date" with the news lately), but why ? Why are they reintroducing these horrible and unplayable maps, that nobody wants to see again... ever. Is this some desperate move in attempt to bring back people, because of nostalgia... or they are just trolling ?
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-06 22:02:05
October 06 2014 21:58 GMT
#466
hmm expected that maps would be picked that are okay for every race or allowed standard plays rather then maps that unfavor one race rather heavily. Ladder people are no fun heh.

On October 07 2014 06:55 Pr0wler wrote:
Ok, maybe I missed something horrible that happened in the SC2 community (i'm not "up to date" with the news lately), but why ? Why are they reintroducing these horrible and unplayable maps, that nobody wants to see again... ever. Is this some desperate move in attempt to bring back people, because of nostalgia... or they are just trolling ?



It is enjoy the off season with some old maps and the current balance and see how that works out. And the numbers will show if you are correct with your assumption that no one wants to play those maps.

I am just curious what the few tournaments that season will do.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
October 06 2014 22:05 GMT
#467
Unfortunately CK is madly broken PvT now blink stalkers are insanely strong. But at least people voted for a great map #2 daybreak probably.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
October 06 2014 22:05 GMT
#468
Cloud Kingdommmm!

Bring on the SH games!
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
iMrising
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1099 Posts
October 06 2014 22:13 GMT
#469
Where are the results I can't find
$O$ | soO
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 06 2014 22:14 GMT
#470
On October 07 2014 07:13 iMrising wrote:
Where are the results I can't find

not announced. all we know is CK is in
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
iMrising
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1099 Posts
October 06 2014 22:18 GMT
#471
Oh okay I found the post Ty
$O$ | soO
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
October 06 2014 22:34 GMT
#472
I know people are joking when they suggest a fixed vote, but I'm quite curious.

Perhaps just vocal minorities, but from what I saw a lot of people were going for Steppes and the like, surprised CK finished top.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-06 22:38:53
October 06 2014 22:35 GMT
#473
As expected this will really drag out the pain because for instance, Cloud Kingdom is a map I'd like to veto in a "normal" map pool (the blur on this map has always annoyed me and I fear SH will be extremely strong here). So I'm going to be like, "well, I've got only 1 veto left" (no way Steppes isn't in the top 7, alas) and waiting apprehensively for the next maps to be announced... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

On October 07 2014 07:34 Wombat_NI wrote:
I know people are joking when they suggest a fixed vote, but I'm quite curious.

Perhaps just vocal minorities, but from what I saw a lot of people were going for Steppes and the like, surprised CK finished top.


Never underestimate how stupid people can be, but expecting Steppes #1 would be overestimating a bit this ability. And to be honest, with how close the results are (the percents are already online), I've got a secret hope Steppes is actually not in the top 7 and only vocal trolls voted for it, but it's a slim pitiful glimmer of hope.
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3304 Posts
October 06 2014 22:39 GMT
#474
Please Metalopolis~
T P Z sagi
Psione
Profile Joined March 2014
United States45 Posts
October 06 2014 22:40 GMT
#475
On October 07 2014 07:34 Wombat_NI wrote:
I know people are joking when they suggest a fixed vote, but I'm quite curious.

Perhaps just vocal minorities, but from what I saw a lot of people were going for Steppes and the like, surprised CK finished top.

If you notice on the blog post, we've provided the exact percentage of votes received for each map. We've not altered the map list in any way and even after the top seven are revealed, we'll reveal the full order for all 16 maps.
Community Manager - StarCraft II - Twitter: @PsioneBlizzard
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-06 22:57:37
October 06 2014 22:42 GMT
#476
On October 07 2014 07:40 Psione wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2014 07:34 Wombat_NI wrote:
I know people are joking when they suggest a fixed vote, but I'm quite curious.

Perhaps just vocal minorities, but from what I saw a lot of people were going for Steppes and the like, surprised CK finished top.

If you notice on the blog post, we've provided the exact percentage of votes received for each map. We've not altered the map list in any way and even after the top seven are revealed, we'll reveal the full order for all 16 maps.


Well you could provide rigged percentages, that proves nothing (was there actually something to ensure the vote was fair, like with a bailiff and everything ?). And honestly if you have fixed the vote so that Steppes and other preposterous maps end close but no cigar, I'll be the happiest man in the world.

EDIT : oh, and by the way, what would be interesting is a tally of combined votes (as it is, I can only see percentages while I'd like to see the amount of votes obtained by each map too) and the abstention rate, especially to know if the abstention was higher in high or low leagues, among active and inactive players.
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
October 06 2014 22:57 GMT
#477
first map revealed: cloud kingdom.

very dissapointed. it is not old (enough) and boring play. Game is only interesting if you are building 4th base.
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
October 06 2014 23:06 GMT
#478
Predictions for the rest:
#2 Daybreak
#3 Steppes of war
#4 Metalopolis
#5 Ohana
#6 Akilon waste
#7 shakuras Plateau
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
October 06 2014 23:14 GMT
#479
On October 07 2014 07:40 Psione wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2014 07:34 Wombat_NI wrote:
I know people are joking when they suggest a fixed vote, but I'm quite curious.

Perhaps just vocal minorities, but from what I saw a lot of people were going for Steppes and the like, surprised CK finished top.

If you notice on the blog post, we've provided the exact percentage of votes received for each map. We've not altered the map list in any way and even after the top seven are revealed, we'll reveal the full order for all 16 maps.

Ah cool, wasn't suggesting the fine folks at Blizz would rig, more that the majority of posts I saw seemed to be either stating a vote for Steppes, didn't see much love for Cloud
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
PinoKotsBeer
Profile Joined February 2014
Netherlands1387 Posts
October 06 2014 23:15 GMT
#480
One thing is for sure, its going to be a hate/love map season. Cant wait for the first comments in the balance topics :D
http://www.twitch.tv/pinokotsbeer
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 177
Nina 125
SteadfastSC 61
CosmosSc2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 505
910 60
Bale 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm47
League of Legends
Doublelift1849
Super Smash Bros
PPMD55
Other Games
summit1g10174
Grubby3183
shahzam598
C9.Mang0261
PiGStarcraft225
Maynarde80
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• musti20045 40
• davetesta6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21644
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur289
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
10m
CranKy Ducklings0
Afreeca Starleague
11h 10m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 10m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.