• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:11
CEST 09:11
KST 16:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8562 users

Departing Quantic, how I was mistreated in it. - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 23 Next All
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
October 04 2013 00:21 GMT
#261
On October 04 2013 09:09 dearyuna wrote:
Massan is so sweet why would anyone screw him over like that?
I really hope this issue gets resolved. There are also hardworking people in Quantic and it's a shame that one person can bring down a team's reputation like that, owner or not.

As for HyuN, pewpew, I'm totally gonna outbid you guys


someone please stop her because she will outbid you all into oblivion for Hyun
In Inca we trust
HelloSon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States456 Posts
October 04 2013 00:22 GMT
#262
On October 04 2013 08:06 Dodgin wrote:
Cleaned it up a bit

+ Show Spoiler [original OP, now with spacing!] +
Dear community

I'm formerly Quantic MaSsan, a Zerg player from Quantic gaming's main roster:Quantic Gaming

As of September 26th, I officially left Quantic Gaming. Many people came to ask why and what not, and I'm just not going to lie about how things went. To my fans, I feel obligated to let them know why I'm leaving the organization.

Before I say anything, I hate to drop another bad news about teams. However, this is something that I believe it needs to be done, and I’m not sure where else to go with it. This post will explain how I left the team in detail, in one heavy load of texts.

Originally I told my ex-coworkers and friends that I will not publicize this, but I learned something about it that I need to do this, so my apologizes to those of who thought I wasn't going to do it.

So, my departure of Quantic Gaming started with me need to purchase flight ticket back to Atlanta, Georgia, USA from Quebec, Canada. When Simon, Quantic Gaming owner heard about this, he convince me that I should buy ticket to Korea as well after visa duration, since I’ll be staying in states with ESTA(basically 90 days travel visa), he said despite me been in states for 9 years, I’ll need it to pass inspection on customs as I enter the country(which I have yet to confirm if it’s true). Then he offered me that I let Simon buy the ticket, since I’ll be getting possibly cheaper flights and he can get mileages off his account since he’s frequent customer, which I took.

I told him to purchase a ticket that will allow me to stay in for anytime between 85 to 90 days. Initially my departure date from states was on Thursday, but then I had him moved to Tuesday for my own convenience, which should have only shortened the duration. I sent $1400, ticket cost, to him via Paypal.

Then I took the flight to Atlanta, and I learned that my flight ticket is actually is for 91 days even after the 2 days adjustment, and I had to go through secondary inspection where I convinced the security that I’ll be leaving before my visa expires.

So I told Simon that he had booked wrong flight, hence I needed it either changed or refunded so I can use new ticket. Simon told me that there is a form he can fill for me to extend my stay. I call embassy and found out that there is no such form, and I learned that what he told me was either lie or was given wrong information. I told him about it and he told me to stop bother him for now so I gave him time to find it out on his own.

5 days later, I asked for a form if he could find it. He told me that he called and he cannot change ticket nor can be refunded. It was very confusing for me since ticket says we’re able to change as long as we pay the differences, and I told him I’ll pay for that too. He ignored me on any conversation about forms, but just told me about how he cannot change anything about ticket, and he will not pay any money to buy new ticket since it was my error to have date wrong because I was next to him talking when he was purchasing ticket. Upon hearing that, I told him it’ll be on his dad’s credit card(he purchased with it) otherwise, so we need to fix the problem together.

He freaked out on the part me saying “it’ll be on his dad’s credit card”, and told me “good luck finding new team”, along with how “asshole”, and it is a good thing I sent it as gift on Paypal so I won’t be able to get it back. Being confused, I told him we need to find solution, I’m yet thankful for my stay at quantic house, but it doesn’t mean he can randomly decide to take money away. He told me that when I threaten quantic, I deal with consequences(which I was very confused about, I don’t remember making any threats, especially to quantic). I tried to talk him into senses since he seemed to be in freaked-out status. He told me “will review the matter tonight and see what I can do until then Nothing to say”.

I agreed to this and meanwhile, I called travel agency that he initially contacted. There I learned that you can always change the ticket as long as there is availability, and pay the ticket differential. I also learned that it’ll cost him $163 to change it. During this time, he removed all my information from the website, and removed me from quantic.

For 3 days after the incident, I messaged Simon every night just to get him back since he was logging on and off, while he ignored me completely. At the end of the day, he got either nice mileage on his account, or refund from canceling ticket. On me, I lost $1400 ticket and had to purchase another. From what point he was lying or was trying to screw me it doesn’t matter. Despite the fact that it seem like he did this from very beginning, but I can understand mistakes. However, from the moment he was telling me about forms, he was purely lying and was trying to scam me over.

After learning that he was lying to me in every possibly way, including visa, form, ticket, travel agency and every other things, I contacted Paypal and tried to cancel payment(which didn’t work out since I sent as gift), and I’m in process filing IC3(internet crime complaint center) on US government, which I’m not sure how US government will punish Canadian until he comes into US. I’ll be looking for similar form that I can fill for Canadians on Canadian government for scam he did to me.

Few days after, Simon contacted me saying good luck getting my money back, and he indeed changed the ticket at the moment I contacted him, which he will not give it to me obviously because I’m double face asshole. He told me that the ticket cost him 85 dollars(by default ticket changing fee costs 100 minimum, so it’s lie, but I still called airline and confirmed that it indeed is a lie and ticket was not changed from the beginning)

As said, I wasn’t going to reveal this to public for the good of my friends who still remains in the team. However, I learned that Simon has been telling others that I stole money from his pocket as I left the place, and I threatened him meanwhile. I will not stand framing. I cannot imagine what he's going to tell others if he tells quantic gaming that I have stole his property and threatened him, as well as I'm full of lies that I never spoke of, hence I decided to go public with this. I love Starcraft 2 and it's community. I didn't want my career to end with me leaving Quantic, and this seemed only way to prevent that.

You can find detailed skype chat down below, everything from start to the end to not give you any wrong information or even try to hide it. To make sure any part is not cropped, I copy pasted end part of screenshot at the beginning of next screen shot. This might includes some information that it shouldn’t be on public, but I cannot find a way to give you top to bottom view otherwise.

As of now, I'd like to ask formal apologize from Quantic gamings owner, Simon Boudreault, as well as refund for ticket, although it is very unlikely to happen given situation.

http://imgur.com/Li9NniK Imgurlink

As a note, I have not told any lies about organization to anyone especially to my teammates. However, I cannot prevent lie If information feeder, which are Quantic Gamings Organization Management team, lied to me to begin with. Then I'm sorry to hear that you had to lie about how things were handled and went to cover up what actually happen when you told me about those.

Thank you viewers for reading this hell of texts. I appreciate your support on the organization and me, and I really hope this doesn't change your view on Starcrtaft scene.

hurray for saved OPs!
yo
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
October 04 2013 00:30 GMT
#263
btw did I misunderstand the OP or what, it seems like massan needs a visa for both USA and Canada?

isn't he american?
jmihere
Profile Joined June 2013
62 Posts
October 04 2013 00:31 GMT
#264
On October 04 2013 08:33 DwD wrote:
It's probably just the Quantic guy trying to do damage control and telling him he will pay him back if he deletes it. Too late though it's already out and the shitstorm is brewing.


Agreed. Unfortunately, removing/editing the post doesn't "auto-magically" mean the post never existed in the first place. Reasons:

1. It's been cached
2. People who repost the original message
3. People who keep backups of the original message and reposts them if they got removed

It would have been far better to ask of Massan to post with a followup once the matter has been sorted rather than have him remove the post entirely. The damage has already been done, trying to hide it only makes it look twice as bad.

Most damning has to be the skype log chats. I can't believe how someone at the helm can behave in such a rude, obnoxious and unprofessional manner.

AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
October 04 2013 00:36 GMT
#265
On October 04 2013 09:18 dAPhREAk wrote:
how old is simon? i am just curious why massan would even trust his "knowledge" of american immigration law.


He is 23 according to their website
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
Tinzu
Profile Joined June 2013
26 Posts
October 04 2013 00:38 GMT
#266
On October 04 2013 09:30 ROOTFayth wrote:
btw did I misunderstand the OP or what, it seems like massan needs a visa for both USA and Canada?

isn't he american?


Last time I checked he went to college in Georgia.
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
October 04 2013 00:41 GMT
#267
so his 91 days stay is where exactly? isn't it in Georgia?
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
October 04 2013 00:43 GMT
#268
you know someone did the wrong thing wh en instead of waiting and issuing a professional counter statement, they try to trade doing the right thing for getting you to help cover their tracks.
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
October 04 2013 00:48 GMT
#269
On October 04 2013 09:41 ROOTFayth wrote:
so his 91 days stay is where exactly? isn't it in Georgia?


I was told by Xeno that he is Korean actually. He studies/studied in USA but he does not have american citizenship. Regardless, the VISA is not the issue here it is a personal financial matter between Massan and Simon (not even Quantic related in a legal sense)
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
October 04 2013 00:50 GMT
#270
On October 04 2013 09:36 AlternativeEgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2013 09:18 dAPhREAk wrote:
how old is simon? i am just curious why massan would even trust his "knowledge" of american immigration law.


He is 23 according to their website

people should not believe the opinions of 23 year olds on immigration issues unless exceptional circumstances exist. to be fair, based on the skype conversation, massan correctly questioned simon's purported knowledge.
MaSsan
Profile Joined June 2009
United States143 Posts
October 04 2013 00:53 GMT
#271
To clarify, I will not be able to join Visa Waiver Program ever again, unless the delay in departure is due to emergency such as weather, or accidents.

I updated OP to have it include original statement, as well as current undergoing conversation(which doesn't mean much at the moment).
@MaSsanSC
MaSsan
Profile Joined June 2009
United States143 Posts
October 04 2013 00:56 GMT
#272
Rottie// To clarify on that aspect, it has to do more with intention of staying overtime, or abuse of the system.

As long as original flight is bought on correct dates, you can get waiver on your status from immigration office in case of emergency, or delay due to accident, etc. You also might need these evidences back when you enter country if you didn't get your overstaying status waived, to have the status resolved, although it's safer to just get visa and talk to embassy about your past situation in that case.

@MaSsanSC
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 04 2013 00:58 GMT
#273
On October 04 2013 09:53 1MaSsan wrote:
To clarify, I will not be able to join Visa Waiver Program ever again, unless the delay in departure is due to emergency such as weather, or accidents.

I updated OP to have it include original statement, as well as current undergoing conversation(which doesn't mean much at the moment).

Well at least glad that you will likely be reimbursed.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
MaZza[KIS]
Profile Joined December 2005
Australia2110 Posts
October 04 2013 01:00 GMT
#274
On October 04 2013 09:53 1MaSsan wrote:
To clarify, I will not be able to join Visa Waiver Program ever again


wow, that is really EXTREMELY inconvenient.... immigration departments are ALWAYS sooooooo bad and their processes are always so laboursome... the very reason people came up with 90 day visa waiver is because of the overhead of processing visas for short stays.

Really, Simon doesn't need to just give you back your money, he needs to have his waiver disqualified as well..
wow, so bad, so unprofessional.
I really wanted a bigger opponent, like Nate Marquardt, or King Neptune, or Zeus, or Zeus and Fedor, or Fedor on Zeus's shoulders, and they can both punch but only Zeus can kick.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18756 Posts
October 04 2013 01:01 GMT
#275
wow this is just sad..
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
October 04 2013 01:19 GMT
#276
Ridiculous that he didn't just change the date immediately (not a big deal). However, from the skype log it sounds like he had issues with you from before (either real or imagined) and was looking for an excuse to fuck you over.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
Animism
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland130 Posts
October 04 2013 01:29 GMT
#277
Wow, quantic leader looks like a joke from these skype messages. I cannot believe what i'm reading. This is incredibly unprofessional. This team might as well close imo.
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
October 04 2013 01:31 GMT
#278
Thanks for putting the original post back up
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
October 04 2013 01:31 GMT
#279
On October 04 2013 09:48 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2013 09:41 ROOTFayth wrote:
so his 91 days stay is where exactly? isn't it in Georgia?


I was told by Xeno that he is Korean actually. He studies/studied in USA but he does not have american citizenship. Regardless, the VISA is not the issue here it is a personal financial matter between Massan and Simon (not even Quantic related in a legal sense)


Visa is in fact an issue (although you may be right, not in the immediate incident). If he is studying in the US, odds are he is on an F1 student visa. In which case, he is not allowed to work off-campus during his first year, and thereafter -
"For both F-1 and M-1 students any off-campus employment must be related to their area of study and must be authorized prior to starting any work by the Designated School Official (the person authorized to maintain the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)) and USCIS." - Source

Again, I'm not an immigration law lawyer.

I don't know how this would impact other players - probably depends on the interpretations of whomever is looking at it. (Since most people don't see playing a video game competitively as a "job", it might skip by. Then again, it might not.)
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Dr.Sin
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1126 Posts
October 04 2013 01:32 GMT
#280
Wow, this is pretty spectacular. I'm sorry to read about what you had to go through Massan, this all sounds shockingly unprofessional and mismanaged. I really hope things are working out following your edit.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
910 91
Bale 38
Aegong 26
ZergMaN 21
Noble 16
yabsab 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Fuzer 80
League of Legends
JimRising 564
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King270
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1410
Other Games
summit1g8757
ceh9373
PiGStarcraft334
Sick160
ArmadaUGS157
Happy156
olofmeister116
Livibee93
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick579
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream263
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 11
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2338
League of Legends
• Rush1414
• Lourlo1252
• Stunt487
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 49m
OSC
5h 49m
Stellar Fest
5h 49m
OSC
16h 49m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.