• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:32
CEST 13:32
KST 20:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10252 users

Stephano 'Grilled' (2nd appearance, 25 mins)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Thorin
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
601 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-24 20:43:45
May 24 2013 20:18 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Ilyes "(Z)Stephano" Satouri is the star of the 55th episode of my 'Grilled' interview series. The French Zerg star is the first return guest of the feature.

Some of the topics discussed:
- Stephano's poor string of results since Dreamhack Winter.
- His safe style and decision to broadcast to opponents that he will play this way.
- How far ahead he plans in games, strategically.
- The GSL World Championship four kill.
- The differences between Western and Eastern cultures.
- The player he'd like to beat due to that opponent being a "prick".

Why he still uses the old school inject method:
"I'm lazy, that's it. I don't think I have lost any, maybe a few, games, but everyone knows that I'm not a hard worker. So for a minor detail like that I'm not motivated enough to put time to work on that, sadly."


Thoughts on imbalance:
"Let's say I have so much experience on StarCraft2 now that I can, I do, know when there's something imbalanced. I don't lie to myself, I don't deny it. Right now is balanced, in my opinion, except Swarmhost, which is too against Protoss, and the hellbats, being too strong right now for its cost and supply."


Whether it was his idea to go to Korea:
"EG didn't force me to go to Korea, nobody forced me. I did want to go and give it a try, maybe I stayed too long. Basically there were no tournaments for a two month period, and I didn't have a PC at home, so I thought maybe I should stay in Korea, have the best practice I could get and then go to the tournaments and own everything. But I didn't really think about feeling homesick or something like that, so it was a bad mistake for me, but we learn from our mistakes I guess."


Koreans being perceived as harder workers than foreigners:
"I guess it's cultural and about education. I don't think Koreans are [naturally] especially hard workers, it's just that they've been raised in a way that if you don't work hard you get nothing in life. For foreigners usually it's a bit easier, the parents don't ask a lot from their children, they let them live the life they want. I don't think in Korea you ever have gap years, but in Europe we have stuff like that, so these things make us look lazy on the scene, but it's just about culture and education."


The entire 25m08s video interview can be watched at Team Acer.
onPHYRE
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria925 Posts
May 24 2013 20:20 GMT
#2
I love these videos.
Livin' this life like it was written.
L0L
Profile Joined August 2012
United States176 Posts
May 24 2013 20:25 GMT
#3
I love Stephano
JacobShock
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Denmark2485 Posts
May 24 2013 20:27 GMT
#4
I love these videos and Stephano
"Right on" - Morrow
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
May 24 2013 20:28 GMT
#5
I love these videos and Stephano and this thread about said videos and Stephano?
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
m0ck
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
4194 Posts
May 24 2013 20:40 GMT
#6
I love love
legoboomette
Profile Joined December 2011
England165 Posts
May 24 2013 20:43 GMT
#7
Is there a text version for the interview?
Won(*3*)Chu KissMe!
FluffyBinLaden
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States527 Posts
May 24 2013 20:43 GMT
#8
On May 25 2013 05:28 KadaverBB wrote:
I love these videos and Stephano and this thread about said videos and Stephano?


This made clicking on this thread worth it.

Nice vid. <3
Riddles in the Dark. Answers in the Light.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
May 24 2013 20:46 GMT
#9
On May 25 2013 05:43 legoboomette wrote:
Is there a text version for the interview?

No, there never is, it's just way too much work.

Thanks, Thorin! Good to finally see some SC2 Grilled content again.
Benjamin99
Profile Joined April 2012
4176 Posts
May 24 2013 20:46 GMT
#10
I love these videos and Stephano and this thread about said videos and Stephano and Kadaver talking about also loving Stephano in said thread
Stephano & Jaedong <-- The Pain Train. Polt and Innovation to EG plz
Shebuha
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1335 Posts
May 24 2013 20:47 GMT
#11
On May 25 2013 05:28 KadaverBB wrote:
I love these videos and Stephano and this thread about said videos and Stephano?

I love you.
Prplppleatr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1518 Posts
May 24 2013 21:23 GMT
#12
I was so hoping for the prick to be nerchio
🥇 Prediction Contest - Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Mangooze
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands301 Posts
May 24 2013 21:24 GMT
#13
"Bonjour!"

"Bonsoir"
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
May 24 2013 21:45 GMT
#14
I love Thorin.

Thanks for that, always a pleasure, especially with Stephano.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
Thorin
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
601 Posts
May 24 2013 22:13 GMT
#15
On May 25 2013 05:46 Benjamin99 wrote:
I love these videos and Stephano and this thread about said videos and Stephano and Kadaver talking about also loving Stephano in said thread

There's so much love in this thread.
Von
Profile Joined May 2009
United States363 Posts
May 24 2013 22:25 GMT
#16
On May 25 2013 05:40 m0ck wrote:
I love love


Lamp.


If its not fun I dont want it.
Emzeeshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada4203 Posts
May 24 2013 22:29 GMT
#17
--- Nuked ---
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
May 24 2013 22:34 GMT
#18
I lobe the first 3 replies in this thread!
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
JayConn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States408 Posts
May 26 2013 02:46 GMT
#19
I love
Ph4ZeD
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom753 Posts
May 26 2013 07:46 GMT
#20
I think it shows how good his English is because the interviewer was talking crazzzy fast.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings42
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Snow 55
Mong 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
Free 13
JulyZerg 13
sorry 13
Yoon 11
Terrorterran 10
HiyA 8
zelot 8
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
qojqva1077
Dendi626
Gorgc417
Fuzer 121
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1426
shoxiejesuss679
x6flipin266
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1855
crisheroes723
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2032
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT313
DeMusliM203
Mew2King127
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS100
Liquid`LucifroN85
QueenE65
Chillindude12
ZerO(Twitch)12
Railgan3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream294
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade367
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 28m
Stellar Fest
1h 28m
OSC
12h 28m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.