• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:32
CEST 06:32
KST 13:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7885 users

Razer sponsors Evil Geniuses - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
380 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 20 Next All
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
February 04 2013 17:55 GMT
#81
What if I said both Steel Series and Razer products are bad?

Anyway, I'd be curious to see how much money is involved in the sponsorship here.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-04 17:57:08
February 04 2013 17:56 GMT
#82
On February 05 2013 02:02 Mortal wrote:
Honestly Razer products have been on the decline for a while. They used to be tolerable, but everything I've tried in recent years has been just god awful. Headset, mouse, and keyboard all given a fair shot, and all either break, malfunction catastrophically (so, spectacularly break), or are just garbage in every way.

Had a 6gv2 since they came out, and have had 0 issues. IMO buy a decent mechanical and get some Sennheisers. No need for bad shiny loot.

their mouse are really good. My deathadder is at a 3.5 years and still is one of the best mouse I have ever used.
I actually like their mouse mat the best. No other companies have that kind of soft thick mat with that many size to choose from
6gv2 isn't all that amazing compared to blackwidow, their keycaps are kinda bad. money could have been spent on a better one like a ducky
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
MisterJef
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada62 Posts
February 04 2013 17:56 GMT
#83
Good for EG but I don't like Razer products... I've bought 3-4 mouses when I started competitive gaming and they all broken within a few years... I've had my steelseries Ikari for 3 years now and i't still going great !
Dat Marine Split
Hardigan
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1297 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-04 18:00:00
February 04 2013 17:57 GMT
#84
On February 05 2013 02:38 TigerKarl wrote:
I like how honest EG was about their previous deal with Steelseries. As soon as the contract was over, no hollow words of friendship were wasted anymore. This is about exactly one thing, and as soon as this money doesn't flow anymore, every friendship is gone. So don't buy Steelseries no more, but buy Razer to grow E-Sports. Be a man.

i assume you dont know or are not old enough to talk about the mysterious thing called "business".
And what does "Be a man" even mean? I tried every logical explanation and even chauvinistic ones, but i got no clue.
Saishuuheiki
Profile Joined November 2010
United States188 Posts
February 04 2013 17:57 GMT
#85
Now presenting: EG Ladycall Huk Razer ...for when your lady's hairy legs need a close shave
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
February 04 2013 17:57 GMT
#86
On February 05 2013 02:56 ETisME wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 02:02 Mortal wrote:
Honestly Razer products have been on the decline for a while. They used to be tolerable, but everything I've tried in recent years has been just god awful. Headset, mouse, and keyboard all given a fair shot, and all either break, malfunction catastrophically (so, spectacularly break), or are just garbage in every way.

Had a 6gv2 since they came out, and have had 0 issues. IMO buy a decent mechanical and get some Sennheisers. No need for bad shiny loot.

their mouse are really good. My deathadder is at a 3.5 years and still is one of the best mouse I have ever used.

6gv2 isn't all that amazing compared to blackwidow, their keycaps are kinda bad. money could have been spent on a better one like a ducky

My Sensei didn't last as long as I would have liked it to in all honesty but it was a nice product. The action just faded too quickly in the one I got. I have the Abyssus now which is stellar, and on that note good for EG.
garlicface
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4196 Posts
February 04 2013 17:59 GMT
#87
On February 05 2013 01:35 Sajaki wrote:
the 6gv2 is the best keyboard i have ever owned. I switched for EG to SS, and even though they are switching to Razer i am not getting another razer board. However, razer does make excellent mice, i love my abyssus.

Same gear! Couldn't be happier with these 2 pieces for mouse + keyboard.
#TeamBuLba
Patate
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada441 Posts
February 04 2013 17:59 GMT
#88
The reason why I hesitated in buying SteelSeries gear even though I owned a Xai which has been excellent (but fragile), and a 7H (same thing) was because they were partners with EG.

Now that reason is gone and I finally can buy SteelSeries gear without feeling like i'm encouraging un-worthy lazy gamers :D
Dead game.
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
February 04 2013 17:59 GMT
#89
razer masters would be on par with world championships
mmatahi
Profile Joined March 2011
France126 Posts
February 04 2013 18:00 GMT
#90
On February 05 2013 02:57 Saishuuheiki wrote:
Now presenting: EG Ladycall Huk Razer ...for when your lady's hairy legs need a close shave


nice one !
duoform
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain5180 Posts
February 04 2013 18:01 GMT
#91
On February 05 2013 02:55 Blargh wrote:
What if I said both Steel Series and Razer products are bad?

Anyway, I'd be curious to see how much money is involved in the sponsorship here.

I don't like Razer because I had multiple problems with their service and decided to not buy shit from them anymore... although I must admit Deathadder is one of the best mouse I ever had.
"I really like Marauders and Marines." - Flash
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-04 18:08:23
February 04 2013 18:02 GMT
#92
On February 05 2013 02:57 Hardigan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 02:38 TigerKarl wrote:
I like how honest EG was about their previous deal with Steelseries. As soon as the contract was over, no hollow words of friendship were wasted anymore. This is about exactly one thing, and as soon as this money doesn't flow anymore, every friendship is gone. So don't buy Steelseries no more, but buy Razer to grow E-Sports. Be a man.

i assume you dont know or are not old enough to talk about the mysterious thing called "business".


The whole sponsorship concept is one of the silliest business concepts in the world. It's unbelievable how stupid people must be if they think a product means anything more if it is sponsoring someone. It's almost as corrupt as the lottery, but don't worry, it's business.

I'm pretty sure the "Be a man." part is trying to say that "real men buy Razer because it's sponsoring their favorite team." You know, because a "man" does the RIGHT thing. It was sarcasm.
Dirkinity
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany409 Posts
February 04 2013 18:04 GMT
#93
Razer sponsors absolutly everyone. Not that big of a deal.
Beavo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada293 Posts
February 04 2013 18:06 GMT
#94
Aww I bought a PS3 headset and mice from steelseries recently just because the sponsor EG
No one remembers second place
zephiK
Profile Joined March 2012
United States372 Posts
February 04 2013 18:07 GMT
#95
On February 05 2013 01:31 Havik_ wrote:
We knew this would happen for a couple weeks now. I want to know how long until they switch over to using Razer's gear? I also find this Razer monopoly a bit boring. I'd love to see Logitech get into sponsoring teams. I hear the G710+ is amazing.

Tt Esports sponsors a variety of SC2 team/players as well. Teams/players such as: Prime, White-Ra, Tastosis, etc.

I prefer Steelseries products over Razer. But eh, I'll stick to the peripherals I already have. I like Totalbiscuit's thinking though of not having a peripheral sponsor, just let the users use what they're comfortable with instead of forcing them to use the sponsors' peripherals but at the same time, I'm sure EG is getting funding out of the Razer deal too.
corpuscle
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1967 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-04 18:09:44
February 04 2013 18:08 GMT
#96
Awesome, now almost all my gear is EG approved! Just need a new case.

edit: also yes I am a fanboi. I support companies that support things I like because I don't know any better and why the hell not as long as their products work
From the void I am born into wave and particle
StreetWise
Profile Joined January 2010
United States594 Posts
February 04 2013 18:10 GMT
#97
Thankfully all of my Razer products have been top notch including my BlackWidow Stealth. I will say that their customer service is absolutely the worst. Good thing their product ended up being good..... The funny thing is I did buy a Razer keyboard simply because they sponsor so many SC2 teams. And low and behold they are sponsoring another team. Go Razer!
I will not be poisoned by your bitterness
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
February 04 2013 18:11 GMT
#98
On February 05 2013 02:49 neurosx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 02:38 TigerKarl wrote:
I like how honest EG was about their previous deal with Steelseries. As soon as the contract was over, no hollow words of friendship were wasted anymore. This is about exactly one thing, and as soon as this money doesn't flow anymore, every friendship is gone. So don't buy Steelseries no more, but buy Razer to grow E-Sports. Be a man.


Wait you're thinking sponsorships are about friendship ? Are you even real ? Of course EG players are going to talk well about SS products, because it's the sole reason SS is sponsoring in the first place : publicity. It has absolutely nothing to do with friendship =_=

You're obviously confused about the fact that liking something is not the same as disliking something. If this is not a linguistic problem on your side, but rather a attempt of flamebaiting please not that the bait was not taken.
CajunMan
Profile Joined July 2010
United States823 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-04 18:12:11
February 04 2013 18:11 GMT
#99
Good for razor makes me want to buy more razor stuff. As a man who gas tried all of both products I must say steel series g6v2 keyboard is best thing I have ever touched. My razor one was a lycosa and it wasn't very good it got worn down and pretty hard to clean. The razor mice are waaaaaaaay better than steel series mice specially the old razor mice like the diamond back and before. The headsets are both meg the razor has an issue where it causes buzzing noise though so the steel steel series is alittle better. Anyway I like both of there stuff and posted on steel series website what I had bought and said I probably will be no longer purchasing there stuff because of the sponsoship cuts. I hope in the future they come back but till then razor stuff for me and possibly a das keyboard if i need a new one.
Darroth
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom38 Posts
February 04 2013 18:14 GMT
#100
On February 05 2013 01:31 Havik_ wrote:
We knew this would happen for a couple weeks now. I want to know how long until they switch over to using Razer's gear? I also find this Razer monopoly a bit boring. I'd love to see Logitech get into sponsoring teams. I hear the G710+ is amazing.


Logitech sponser the best team of them all.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 182
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1490
910 89
NotJumperer 83
Bale 37
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
febbydoto18
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g7809
Coldzera 734
JimRising 650
hungrybox630
WinterStarcraft350
C9.Mang0333
PiGStarcraft274
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 15
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota261
League of Legends
• Lourlo1055
• Rush910
• Stunt200
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 28m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.