• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:18
CEST 23:18
KST 06:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8708 users

Razer sponsors Evil Geniuses - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
380 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
February 04 2013 16:35 GMT
#21
I actually buy stuff made by the people who sponsor my favorite teams. I bought an intel PC when they sponsored BoxeR and an LG monitor when they sponsored IM (Was leaning into Samsung). I hated Razer for removing their sponsorship for SlayerS though so I bought a senheisser instead )
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Cinim
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark866 Posts
February 04 2013 16:36 GMT
#22
and I don't get this, I've tried soo many razer products they keep dissapointing me in how bad the quality is, not sure how they can then get sponsorships everywhere :S
Hell, it's about time
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
February 04 2013 16:36 GMT
#23
On February 05 2013 01:31 Havik_ wrote:
We knew this would happen for a couple weeks now. I want to know how long until they switch over to using Razer's gear? I also find this Razer monopoly a bit boring. I'd love to see Logitech get into sponsoring teams. I hear the G710+ is amazing.


Logitech, at least in my experience, has always felt more mass-market tuned as opposed to specifically to the gamer market, which is totally fine, but Razer and SS gunning directly at gamers allows for better tailored specs and such. However I haven't owned/researched Logitech products in quite some time, so I may be out of the loop now.
The universe created an audience for itself.
mathemagician1986
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany549 Posts
February 04 2013 16:37 GMT
#24
looking at their teams list:

http://team.razerzone.com

makes me think they're playing pokemon with gaming teams.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
February 04 2013 16:39 GMT
#25
I think we all saw this coming once Steel Series pulled out to re-think their marketing strategy.
Mansef
Profile Joined May 2012
59 Posts
February 04 2013 16:39 GMT
#26
On February 05 2013 01:35 Sajaki wrote:
the 6gv2 is the best keyboard i have ever owned. I switched for EG to SS, and even though they are switching to Razer i am not getting another razer board. However, razer does make excellent mice, i love my abyssus.

Razer makes better mice, SteelSeries makes better keyboards and mousepads.
Zealos
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom3576 Posts
February 04 2013 16:40 GMT
#27
On February 05 2013 01:36 Cinim wrote:
and I don't get this, I've tried soo many razer products they keep dissapointing me in how bad the quality is, not sure how they can then get sponsorships everywhere :S

I think you misunderstand how sponsorships work.
On the internet if you disagree with or dislike something you're angry and taking it too seriously. == Join TLMafia !
divito
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1213 Posts
February 04 2013 16:41 GMT
#28
On February 05 2013 01:39 Mansef wrote:
Razer makes better mice, SteelSeries makes better keyboards and mousepads.

Not really a surprise, Razer's first product was a mouse.
Skype: divito7
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-04 16:42:49
February 04 2013 16:42 GMT
#29
I really wonder what RAZER really does for all these teams besides giving some hardware.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Cinim
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark866 Posts
February 04 2013 16:42 GMT
#30
On February 05 2013 01:40 Zealos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 01:36 Cinim wrote:
and I don't get this, I've tried soo many razer products they keep dissapointing me in how bad the quality is, not sure how they can then get sponsorships everywhere :S

I think you misunderstand how sponsorships work.


I think you misunderstand the fact that all of their players then have to use the razer products and if they consider them inferior it might hurt their performance. Especially in something as important as this, where their entire team is using the products in for example proleague where it can take quite a while to adjust.
Hell, it's about time
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
February 04 2013 16:42 GMT
#31
Razer keyboards used to be shit (the lycosa and arctosa especially, A TON of bugs lol) but their mice were always the best imo (will ever be a better mouse than the deathadder? :D) so it's cool that EG players will be able to play with razer mice without hiding it.
WriterMaru
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
February 04 2013 16:44 GMT
#32
Mad props to Razer for funding the frat parties.

I jest I jest.

It's good that they are putting so much into esports. Everyone should be thankful, not "omg they sponsor everyone fucksake".
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
ff7legend
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States213 Posts
February 04 2013 16:44 GMT
#33
Razer is the EG of sponsors... this is fitting
I am the best ever... aka Truth, Judge, Legend
gh0stsquall
Profile Joined March 2012
United States245 Posts
February 04 2013 16:44 GMT
#34
bit of a downgrade IMO, but congrats:D
www.twitch.tv/ghostsquall || www.twitter.com/gh0stlol
CuSToM
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1478 Posts
February 04 2013 16:45 GMT
#35
On February 05 2013 01:36 Cinim wrote:
and I don't get this, I've tried soo many razer products they keep dissapointing me in how bad the quality is, not sure how they can then get sponsorships everywhere :S


People buy Razer products for the flashing lights bro. That's where they get the money.
Team SCV Life #1
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
February 04 2013 16:46 GMT
#36
On February 05 2013 01:35 EnumaAvalon wrote:
I actually buy stuff made by the people who sponsor my favorite teams. I bought an intel PC when they sponsored BoxeR and an LG monitor when they sponsored IM (Was leaning into Samsung). I hated Razer for removing their sponsorship for SlayerS though so I bought a senheisser instead )


Basically the same for me, except the exact opposite.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
February 04 2013 16:48 GMT
#37
On February 05 2013 01:45 CuSToM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 01:36 Cinim wrote:
and I don't get this, I've tried soo many razer products they keep dissapointing me in how bad the quality is, not sure how they can then get sponsorships everywhere :S


People buy Razer products for the flashing lights bro. That's where they get the money.

Pretty much. A year or two ago I spent an extra 30 bucks for back-lights on my razer widow (ultimate). Was hard to convince myself, but at the end of the day, razer got their monies
Refer to my post.
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
February 04 2013 16:49 GMT
#38
that's gonna be a bitch switching all of their gear over
savior did nothing wrong
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 04 2013 16:54 GMT
#39
Did their headsets ever improve?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
lisward
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Singapore959 Posts
February 04 2013 16:55 GMT
#40
This is awesome, while I've always associated Evil Geniuses to Steelseries, I love Razer and will continue buying their products.
Opinions are like phasers -- everybody ought to have one
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 239
Nina 119
SteadfastSC 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2402
910 61
Bale 13
Super Smash Bros
PPMD52
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1087
Other Games
summit1g6676
Grubby2314
shahzam584
C9.Mang0189
UpATreeSC55
Liquid`Ken1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 73
• Hupsaiya 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21063
League of Legends
• TFBlade599
Other Games
• imaqtpie951
• Shiphtur286
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 42m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 42m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.