• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10477 users

Simple [HOTS] Questions, Simple [Beta] Answers - Page 38

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 63 Next
ErikThorsson
Profile Joined January 2013
United States5 Posts
January 24 2013 15:02 GMT
#741
On January 24 2013 12:46 Forikorder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2013 09:07 ErikThorsson wrote:
How do I punish a nexus first as Terran now???

I'm not great, Diamond T, but in WoL I would proxy rax a thor, make 2 rax with combat shielded marines, and pull scvs to repair the thor and usually (like 90% of the time) got the win... but now with the MSC it seems like toss has no problem holding this...I just think it's kind of silly that toss can virtually early expand most games vs me with no consequences.
-_-

Ideas?

waht league were you even pulling this off in?


Like I said, just high diamond, haha...with marine micro behind the tanking thor it was almost foolproof. No more with the nexus cannon T-T
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
January 24 2013 17:28 GMT
#742
On January 25 2013 00:02 ErikThorsson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2013 12:46 Forikorder wrote:
On January 24 2013 09:07 ErikThorsson wrote:
How do I punish a nexus first as Terran now???

I'm not great, Diamond T, but in WoL I would proxy rax a thor, make 2 rax with combat shielded marines, and pull scvs to repair the thor and usually (like 90% of the time) got the win... but now with the MSC it seems like toss has no problem holding this...I just think it's kind of silly that toss can virtually early expand most games vs me with no consequences.
-_-

Ideas?

waht league were you even pulling this off in?


Like I said, just high diamond, haha...with marine micro behind the tanking thor it was almost foolproof. No more with the nexus cannon T-T

You do understand that there are other ways to deal with protoss FEs other than proxy thors, right? lol
ErikThorsson
Profile Joined January 2013
United States5 Posts
January 24 2013 21:33 GMT
#743
On January 25 2013 02:28 howLiN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 00:02 ErikThorsson wrote:
On January 24 2013 12:46 Forikorder wrote:
On January 24 2013 09:07 ErikThorsson wrote:
How do I punish a nexus first as Terran now???

I'm not great, Diamond T, but in WoL I would proxy rax a thor, make 2 rax with combat shielded marines, and pull scvs to repair the thor and usually (like 90% of the time) got the win... but now with the MSC it seems like toss has no problem holding this...I just think it's kind of silly that toss can virtually early expand most games vs me with no consequences.
-_-

Ideas?

waht league were you even pulling this off in?


Like I said, just high diamond, haha...with marine micro behind the tanking thor it was almost foolproof. No more with the nexus cannon T-T

You do understand that there are other ways to deal with protoss FEs other than proxy thors, right? lol


But that was my favorite T-T and I think 3 raxing is kind of boring...
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 04:42:23
January 25 2013 04:38 GMT
#744
Since the new patch when I try to select 1 worker it selects all of them (at least in the training match maker, wanted to check it out and now the server seems to be down). The only way to select a single worker is to alt-click it. It's fail. Couldn't find an option to turn it off. Anyone know whats up?
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
-iNko
Profile Joined August 2010
Lithuania160 Posts
January 25 2013 13:39 GMT
#745
Im from EU, i got eu version of sccwol on my account and If hots isnt region restricted, could i make a new bnet account and buy NA sc2hots on that account, then change region to EU? Would this work? (na version is cheaper than eu, thats why im asking)
NEEDZMOAR
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1277 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 13:43:12
January 25 2013 13:42 GMT
#746
On January 25 2013 22:39 -iNko wrote:
Im from EU, i got eu version of sccwol on my account and If hots isnt region restricted, could i make a new bnet account and buy NA sc2hots on that account, then change region to EU? Would this work? (na version is cheaper than eu, thats why im asking)




nVm completely misunderstood the question.
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 14:04:36
January 25 2013 14:03 GMT
#747
Why does new hots patch is 8Gb to download? :O Am i doing something wrong here or it's how it is supposed to be?

Oh and hots downloader shows WOL patch notes..
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 25 2013 15:20 GMT
#748
On January 25 2013 22:39 -iNko wrote:
Im from EU, i got eu version of sccwol on my account and If hots isnt region restricted, could i make a new bnet account and buy NA sc2hots on that account, then change region to EU? Would this work? (na version is cheaper than eu, thats why im asking)

if you buy NA its an NA account so no you cant cahnge it to NA

you could buy NA and play on EU but youd still be going through the NA servers to do so
Lokerek
Profile Joined December 2011
United States441 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 17:57:39
January 25 2013 17:54 GMT
#749
Question:

I bought HOTS on January 2nd. Never "received" beta key.
About a week ago, I noticed on bnet site people were complaining they didn't receive beta key and some
people wrote you could log in even though you did not receive beta key.

Apparently it did work for me. However, since yesterday's patch, it no longer works.

The question is, whether I had beta access and I should still have access to the beta now,
or I did not have beta access in the first place and I should have not been able to log in for last week ?

Thanks for help.

Edit: Whether it is relevant or not, when I go to options>gameplay on login screen, under Expansion Level it says Wings of Liberty Starter Edition. I can't change that.

The login screen background is still the one from HOTS.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 25 2013 17:57 GMT
#750
On January 26 2013 02:54 Lokerek wrote:
Question:

I bought HOTS on January 2nd. Never "received" beta key.
About a week ago, I noticed on bnet site people were complaining they didn't receive beta key and some
people wrote you could log in even though you did not receive beta key.

Apparently it did work for me. However, since yesterday's patch, it no longer works.

The question is, whether I had beta access and I should still have access to the beta now,
or I did not have beta access in the first place and I should have not been able to log in for last week ?

Thanks for help.

that sounds like something you can need to talk to blizz about
Toads
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1795 Posts
January 25 2013 18:00 GMT
#751
On January 25 2013 23:03 Alpina wrote:
Why does new hots patch is 8Gb to download? :O Am i doing something wrong here or it's how it is supposed to be?

Oh and hots downloader shows WOL patch notes..

Yes it's normal and they always shown the WoL patch
(。◕ ω ◕。) Beer Time !!!! (。◕ ω ◕。)
pjc8513
Profile Joined October 2012
20 Posts
January 25 2013 19:14 GMT
#752
On January 26 2013 02:54 Lokerek wrote:
Question:

I bought HOTS on January 2nd. Never "received" beta key.
About a week ago, I noticed on bnet site people were complaining they didn't receive beta key and some
people wrote you could log in even though you did not receive beta key.

Apparently it did work for me. However, since yesterday's patch, it no longer works.

The question is, whether I had beta access and I should still have access to the beta now,
or I did not have beta access in the first place and I should have not been able to log in for last week ?

Thanks for help.



I am having this same problem! Please let me know if you get it fixed, I am going to try to e-mail someone at support at Blizzard I suppose.
Lokerek
Profile Joined December 2011
United States441 Posts
January 25 2013 19:38 GMT
#753
On January 26 2013 04:14 pjc8513 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 02:54 Lokerek wrote:
Question:

I bought HOTS on January 2nd. Never "received" beta key.
About a week ago, I noticed on bnet site people were complaining they didn't receive beta key and some
people wrote you could log in even though you did not receive beta key.

Apparently it did work for me. However, since yesterday's patch, it no longer works.

The question is, whether I had beta access and I should still have access to the beta now,
or I did not have beta access in the first place and I should have not been able to log in for last week ?

Thanks for help.



I am having this same problem! Please let me know if you get it fixed, I am going to try to e-mail someone at support at Blizzard I suppose.


Waste of time.

They said they can't handle issues for beta over chat,support,phone.

They said I actually have 2 beta licenses on my account (I had US and TW version in sc2)

They told me to post on forum and I can't since it says there I don't have beta access...
pjc8513
Profile Joined October 2012
20 Posts
January 25 2013 20:52 GMT
#754
On January 26 2013 04:38 Lokerek wrote:


Waste of time.

They said they can't handle issues for beta over chat,support,phone.

They said I actually have 2 beta licenses on my account (I had US and TW version in sc2)

They told me to post on forum and I can't since it says there I don't have beta access...

Ok, they just told me to uninstall and then re-download the install from my log-in account on Bnet's web site...the old uninstall / reinstall...why not give it a go~
Lokerek
Profile Joined December 2011
United States441 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-26 02:07:48
January 25 2013 23:53 GMT
#755
You can try it but if you look at bnet thread it did not help people.
The problem seems to be on blizzard's end because people (including me)
have their beta access disappear (and in my case I apparently still have it according to support)

Looks like in two major threads about it, blizzard "is looking into the issue"
and with the amount of complaining, I don't think its on our side.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7004047132?page=1
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7709232470


Edit:

Now beta settings once again show on my battle.net page - still can't login

Edit 2:

Deleting Beta and beta folder, then reinstalling the game does not fix the issue
cohen5250
Profile Joined November 2012
United States16 Posts
January 26 2013 02:08 GMT
#756
I was mid-Masters in WoL, but i'm only rank 1 in gold in HotS. Are there better players for the most part playing HotS right now?
HoriZoNXI
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia310 Posts
January 26 2013 02:21 GMT
#757
On January 26 2013 04:38 Lokerek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 04:14 pjc8513 wrote:
On January 26 2013 02:54 Lokerek wrote:
Question:

I bought HOTS on January 2nd. Never "received" beta key.
About a week ago, I noticed on bnet site people were complaining they didn't receive beta key and some
people wrote you could log in even though you did not receive beta key.

Apparently it did work for me. However, since yesterday's patch, it no longer works.

The question is, whether I had beta access and I should still have access to the beta now,
or I did not have beta access in the first place and I should have not been able to log in for last week ?

Thanks for help.



I am having this same problem! Please let me know if you get it fixed, I am going to try to e-mail someone at support at Blizzard I suppose.


Waste of time.

They said they can't handle issues for beta over chat,support,phone.

They said I actually have 2 beta licenses on my account (I had US and TW version in sc2)

They told me to post on forum and I can't since it says there I don't have beta access...


Yeah me too. I think the problem stems from people with 2 (Maybe more..?) sc2 licenses. I'm from SEA so I got an automatic NA license for WoL and both SEA and NA automatically upgraded themselves to HotS licenses thus giving me the problem.
JackRipper
Profile Joined August 2010
79 Posts
January 26 2013 02:27 GMT
#758
Has there been a change in how apm is counted in HotS compared to WoL? It feels like it's more influenced by huge apm spikes (i.e. a zerg player remaxing on lings) and gives an incredibly higher apm value in HotS.
HoriZoNXI
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia310 Posts
January 26 2013 04:06 GMT
#759
On January 26 2013 11:27 JackRipper wrote:
Has there been a change in how apm is counted in HotS compared to WoL? It feels like it's more influenced by huge apm spikes (i.e. a zerg player remaxing on lings) and gives an incredibly higher apm value in HotS.


Yeah, I'm getting something like 1.5x more APM than WoL, getting like 250 apm for a whole ZvZ game (I don't even play Zerg). I think Blizzard changed it to real time APM instead of Starcraft time or something? But I guess this caters to the people who care about APM since higher apm is always 'better'.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 26 2013 04:50 GMT
#760
On January 26 2013 11:08 cohen5250 wrote:
I was mid-Masters in WoL, but i'm only rank 1 in gold in HotS. Are there better players for the most part playing HotS right now?

its a combo of small palyer pool, it being a completely new game and the system is a miser with promotions
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11988
StarCastTV_EN343
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko136
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13759
Bisu 3900
Jaedong 3351
EffOrt 1173
ZerO 426
Horang2 378
Pusan 278
BeSt 269
Zeus 247
Larva 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 193
Hyun 144
Mind 137
Barracks 97
ggaemo 82
Bale 45
Killer 43
Yoon 43
Sharp 43
scan(afreeca) 42
NotJumperer 32
ToSsGirL 30
Shinee 24
Sacsri 22
Hm[arnc] 21
Terrorterran 15
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
League of Legends
JimRising 398
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1205
byalli457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
ceh9653
crisheroes235
Sick178
Pyrionflax160
dupreeh98
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 189
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 85
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
StarCraft 2
WardiTV9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 55
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV363
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Jankos1155
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
14m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 14m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.