• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:04
CEST 07:04
KST 14:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6018 users

Simple [HOTS] Questions, Simple [Beta] Answers - Page 36

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 63 Next
Aiios
Profile Joined November 2012
United States13 Posts
January 19 2013 00:55 GMT
#701
On January 19 2013 06:36 Mongolbonjwa wrote:
Does anyone know where can I buy physical collectors edition? Cant find any info on battle.net

Amazon has them here, http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0050SZ1JW/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1358556845&sr=8-2&pi=SL75
But I'm not sure if Finland has Amazon access!
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 19 2013 05:49 GMT
#702
On January 19 2013 03:10 KovuTalli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2013 02:13 Forikorder wrote:

i think unranked shares a different MMR then your real account so if you lose enough your unranked MMR will get to whare your terran should be if ranked and unranked always had the same MMR then theres no point to unranked

against mech in ZvT how should i engage a mech army with a long siege line? happened to me today on daybreak and he had such a good spread on his tanks i could only hit one at a time with blinding cloud and got absolutely wrecked


I'm not so sure, I've been playing unranked and gotten placed against people playing ranked. This could just be for the beta due to player pool size.

you didnt understand what i said

if your ranked gold, you could tank your unranked MMR to silver level
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
January 19 2013 07:33 GMT
#703
Is it just me or is it not possible to change hotkeys for hots units in hotkey editor?
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
azyunkid
Profile Joined January 2013
Korea (South)1 Post
January 19 2013 08:03 GMT
#704
How can I counter Marine-Marauders-HellBat Combo as a Zerg? I just can't find the right answer to fight back.
Thanks~
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
January 19 2013 08:35 GMT
#705
Can a zerg unit escape seeker missile by burrowing?
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
January 19 2013 15:08 GMT
#706
I constantly get a mini lag in hots beta like every 20 sec game freezes for 0.5 sec. Is it just me or everyone?
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 19 2013 15:12 GMT
#707
On January 19 2013 17:35 SC2John wrote:
Can a zerg unit escape seeker missile by burrowing?

no
Isengrim
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland37 Posts
January 20 2013 00:44 GMT
#708
Question regarding the beta ladder.

I've heard anecdotally that the standard of play is higher in hots than on the main WoL ladder (people are playing in a league lower in the beta, for instance). I'm diamond in both leagues; and it'd be nice to know if I had improved or not (I'm on the EU server in WoL)

I'd love to guage the opinon of the TL masses. Are people generally finding that the standard is tougher?
Thunder rolled - it rolled a six.
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
January 20 2013 01:43 GMT
#709
On January 20 2013 09:44 Isengrim wrote:
Question regarding the beta ladder.

I've heard anecdotally that the standard of play is higher in hots than on the main WoL ladder (people are playing in a league lower in the beta, for instance). I'm diamond in both leagues; and it'd be nice to know if I had improved or not (I'm on the EU server in WoL)

I'd love to guage the opinon of the TL masses. Are people generally finding that the standard is tougher?


As far as I can tell, it used to be when there were only a few people playing. As of now, the HotS servers feel about the same as the NA WoL servers, but that could just be my experience.
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
January 20 2013 07:57 GMT
#710
On January 20 2013 09:44 Isengrim wrote:
Question regarding the beta ladder.

I've heard anecdotally that the standard of play is higher in hots than on the main WoL ladder (people are playing in a league lower in the beta, for instance). I'm diamond in both leagues; and it'd be nice to know if I had improved or not (I'm on the EU server in WoL)

I'd love to guage the opinon of the TL masses. Are people generally finding that the standard is tougher?


It's just a lot of people still didn't reach their real league. It takes time, for example I am still in Gold after playing for 3 days and winning more than 75% of games. So it's harder to reach higher league due to other people being quite strong in lower leagues.
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 07:56:04
January 21 2013 07:43 GMT
#711
Is there a build order tester that works in HotS?

EDIT-

Yes there is. It is called SALT. Search for it in custom games and choose any 2 player version and add an AI.
Zannadar
Profile Joined March 2011
Turkey294 Posts
January 21 2013 08:16 GMT
#712
When a phoenix lifts a baneling and the baneling is killed in the air, does it affect ground units? Or air?( doubt it)
worked13
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia93 Posts
January 21 2013 09:05 GMT
#713
Apologies if this has been asked already, but if I pre-order (Digital Deluxe Edition) a South East Asia/Australia/New Zealand copy of HotS, will the bonus content be available on my D3/SC2 accounts which are both situated on the North American servers?
Pyloss
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1515 Posts
January 21 2013 13:51 GMT
#714
I got played in platinum after my placement matches. Since them, i only played unranked matches. Now i looked at my league, and suddently I'm diamond! So i got promoted and i didn't saw it...and i did lose a lot, so i didn't make sense for me.
Does that happens to others aswell?
<3 sOs, Parting, Mana, Honor, TaKe, Mcanning<3
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 14:01:22
January 21 2013 14:01 GMT
#715
Anyone got the list of units which Viper's Blinding cloud affects? For example, does it affect collossus or air units like vikings/void rays?
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 14:06:04
January 21 2013 14:05 GMT
#716
On January 21 2013 23:01 Alpina wrote:
Anyone got the list of units which Viper's Blinding cloud affects? For example, does it affect collossus or air units like vikings/void rays?

Blinding cloud affects all ground units and structures, including Colossus.
It does not affects air units and bunkers.

Highly recommend you to read HOTS Tips thread
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=389830
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
January 21 2013 14:18 GMT
#717
On January 21 2013 23:05 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2013 23:01 Alpina wrote:
Anyone got the list of units which Viper's Blinding cloud affects? For example, does it affect collossus or air units like vikings/void rays?

Blinding cloud affects all ground units and structures, including Colossus.
It does not affects air units and bunkers.

Highly recommend you to read HOTS Tips thread
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=389830


Oh that's nice, thanks
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
January 21 2013 14:39 GMT
#718
What are those numbers on the corners of people's portraits I always see? I thought it was the "level" but I thought that only went up to 20 or something. I've seen 50+. Hmm. You see it on like friends lists, or in pre-game lobbies...
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 21 2013 14:49 GMT
#719
On January 21 2013 23:39 SoleSteeler wrote:
What are those numbers on the corners of people's portraits I always see? I thought it was the "level" but I thought that only went up to 20 or something. I've seen 50+. Hmm. You see it on like friends lists, or in pre-game lobbies...

They're levels. Each race have 30 levels. If you play more than one race, you will have more levels.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 21 2013 16:13 GMT
#720
On January 21 2013 17:16 Zannadar wrote:
When a phoenix lifts a baneling and the baneling is killed in the air, does it affect ground units? Or air?( doubt it)

it affects ground units
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2553
GuemChi 740
Leta 174
Snow 96
Terrorterran 68
NaDa 43
Bale 36
Noble 14
Icarus 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto20
League of Legends
JimRising 646
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox408
Mew2King56
Other Games
summit1g7017
WinterStarcraft379
C9.Mang0319
Sick126
ViBE89
Trikslyr25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick582
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2136
League of Legends
• Lourlo1201
• Stunt417
Other Games
• Shiphtur480
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
10h 57m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.