• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:57
CEST 07:57
KST 14:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6342 users

Simple [HOTS] Questions, Simple [Beta] Answers - Page 34

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 63 Next
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 08 2013 04:34 GMT
#661

Has anyone preordered recently from Best Buy and gotten beta? There seems to be conflicting information. Their preorder machine thing at the store says nothing about it nor does the site. But there is something on their site if you get to it through convoluted means which states something about getting a beta code emailed within 72 hours. I went to the store yesterday and the guy didnt know, called a co-worker that said no to beta. But other people claimed they got beta from BB. Have a BB giftcard to burn.

So can anyone confirm or deny beta from Best Buy HotS?


i doubt it, EB games and amazon seems to be completely out of Beta Keys and i dont think Blizz ever said that BB had beta keys

if you dont want the CE you can get HoTS through the blizz store and get put on the beta key list

Q: when using vipers what buildings do you usually consume? do you build buildings exclusively to eat?
Mitchlew
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia428 Posts
January 08 2013 05:07 GMT
#662
I got a beta key from a friend, but have recently purchased HotS through blizzard. Do I get sent a key or since I am already in nothing happens?
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 08 2013 05:23 GMT
#663
On January 08 2013 14:07 Mitchlew wrote:
I got a beta key from a friend, but have recently purchased HotS through blizzard. Do I get sent a key or since I am already in nothing happens?

i dont think anything will happen, since you went through blizz they wouldnt send you a key they jsut go straight to your account and activate it
Lysergic
Profile Joined December 2010
United States355 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-10 05:39:07
January 10 2013 05:10 GMT
#664
HotS beta installer says it requires 10gb disk space, does it actually use that much? I only have 11.5gb free on my SSD...

Also, how long does it take to be sent a code after pre-ordering from amazon? Thought some people said they got it right after ordering. Been 72 hours for me so far.
FS_SlimJim
Profile Joined September 2012
29 Posts
January 10 2013 19:12 GMT
#665
On January 08 2013 13:34 Forikorder wrote:

Q: when using vipers what buildings do you usually consume? do you build buildings exclusively to eat?


Hatcheries are most cost-efficient if you have the time to get a few up. If you are pressed for time, go with evo chambers. This has already been proven, though I don't know who did it first.
azngamer828
Profile Joined July 2008
United States137 Posts
January 10 2013 22:25 GMT
#666
do you think some of the patches from HOTS will also go to the WoL as well?
im just asking because i really like the ravens and infestors patch haha
Pew Pew
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 10 2013 23:41 GMT
#667
On January 10 2013 14:10 lysergic wrote:
HotS beta installer says it requires 10gb disk space, does it actually use that much? I only have 11.5gb free on my SSD...

Also, how long does it take to be sent a code after pre-ordering from amazon? Thought some people said they got it right after ordering. Been 72 hours for me so far.

It can be 3-4 days.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 11 2013 04:00 GMT
#668
On January 11 2013 07:25 azngamer828 wrote:
do you think some of the patches from HOTS will also go to the WoL as well?
im just asking because i really like the ravens and infestors patch haha

all balance changes are HoTS only, at least some of the UI changes are getting shared
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
January 11 2013 15:37 GMT
#669
Can a raven move when seeker missile is being cast?
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
driftfx
Profile Joined January 2013
United States1 Post
January 11 2013 22:38 GMT
#670
I hope this doesn't come off as whining, but is the meta in HoTS PvZ similar to where it is in WoL where the maxed zerg army steamrolls the toss? I really don't enjoy having to end the game before hive tech, hoping HoTS changes this!
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 12 2013 04:33 GMT
#671
On January 12 2013 07:38 driftfx wrote:
I hope this doesn't come off as whining, but is the meta in HoTS PvZ similar to where it is in WoL where the maxed zerg army steamrolls the toss? I really don't enjoy having to end the game before hive tech, hoping HoTS changes this!

it comes off alot as wining, and as untrue unless your the only protoss in the world who doesnt know what the archon toilet is

from waht ive heard skytoss late game is nigh unstoppable
nonsequitur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
384 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-12 05:03:46
January 12 2013 05:03 GMT
#672
On January 12 2013 07:38 driftfx wrote:
I hope this doesn't come off as whining, but is the meta in HoTS PvZ similar to where it is in WoL where the maxed zerg army steamrolls the toss? I really don't enjoy having to end the game before hive tech, hoping HoTS changes this!


You'll be pleased to note that the roles are completely flipped in PvZ. Now Protoss is the one that has the unkillable deathball and zerg has to prevent Protoss from reaching 200/200 with VR/Tempest/HT.
Bwaaaa
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia969 Posts
January 12 2013 15:58 GMT
#673
Ok, I ordered HOTS off of battle.net a week ago. When do I get my beta key? I have been checking my email so much but I have only recieved confirmation of my order but no beta key. When do they usually send out key waves? I haven't wanted to play the next season of WOL because I am hyped for HOTS so I am stuck playing old Sonic games instead.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 12 2013 16:04 GMT
#674
On January 13 2013 00:58 Bwaaaa wrote:
Ok, I ordered HOTS off of battle.net a week ago. When do I get my beta key? I have been checking my email so much but I have only recieved confirmation of my order but no beta key. When do they usually send out key waves? I haven't wanted to play the next season of WOL because I am hyped for HOTS so I am stuck playing old Sonic games instead.

they send out in waves youll get yours eventually
LOLItsRyann
Profile Joined April 2011
England551 Posts
January 13 2013 20:25 GMT
#675
Sooo.. I'm a Diamond Z player, and I want to play some Terran. I have tried unranked matchmaking, however I'm still playing vs Diamond players and getting completely crushed because I don't know what I'm doing.

Is the only way to have separate ratings for main race and off race to buy more than one account for the game? I just want to play some off race now and again -_-
EG<3
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
January 14 2013 04:34 GMT
#676
On January 14 2013 05:25 LOLItsRyann wrote:
Sooo.. I'm a Diamond Z player, and I want to play some Terran. I have tried unranked matchmaking, however I'm still playing vs Diamond players and getting completely crushed because I don't know what I'm doing.

Is the only way to have separate ratings for main race and off race to buy more than one account for the game? I just want to play some off race now and again -_-

i heard theres this thing called customs
illidan333
Profile Joined August 2010
Iran102 Posts
January 14 2013 20:50 GMT
#677
I would like to know if hellbat can enter in bunker ?
LOLItsRyann
Profile Joined April 2011
England551 Posts
January 15 2013 17:06 GMT
#678
On January 14 2013 13:34 Forikorder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2013 05:25 LOLItsRyann wrote:
Sooo.. I'm a Diamond Z player, and I want to play some Terran. I have tried unranked matchmaking, however I'm still playing vs Diamond players and getting completely crushed because I don't know what I'm doing.

Is the only way to have separate ratings for main race and off race to buy more than one account for the game? I just want to play some off race now and again -_-

i heard theres this thing called customs


There's no telling what opponent I'll get though, I could still get diamonds for all I know, I'll probably just have to buy another hots account when it comes out to off race in a league.
EG<3
HTOMario
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States439 Posts
January 15 2013 17:09 GMT
#679
On January 15 2013 05:50 illidan333 wrote:
I would like to know if hellbat can enter in bunker ?


It can't
GM Mech T
HTOMario
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States439 Posts
January 15 2013 17:10 GMT
#680
On January 12 2013 00:37 Telenil wrote:
Can a raven move when seeker missile is being cast?


yes
GM Mech T
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 136
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2133
GuemChi 618
Leta 133
Bale 30
Noble 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto23
League of Legends
JimRising 636
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King194
Other Games
summit1g6892
C9.Mang0255
WinterStarcraft208
Sick148
ViBE69
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick508
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2172
League of Legends
• Lourlo1124
• Stunt453
Other Games
• Shiphtur504
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 3m
Patches Events
10h 3m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.