• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:29
CEST 23:29
KST 06:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9866 users

No Kespa Players in Upcoming GSL - Page 83

Forum Index > SC2 General
1864 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 94 Next
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
August 24 2012 09:07 GMT
#1641
On August 24 2012 17:55 norjoncal wrote:
I am confused so when paid players parent organzation KESPA says no to a leauge.It is pure evil.
But when unpaid (except LG_IM ) players organization ESPF pulls thier guys out of already determined toruney.It is the greatest thing ever.

People always mention how KESPA B teamers must feel well asleast they get paid. I am sure MKP is super excited about this.


Kespa Bteamers don't usually get paid.
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
August 24 2012 09:07 GMT
#1642
On August 24 2012 18:05 Akio00 wrote:
Instead of working together so everybody benefits, they are choosing to fight to be top dog. Childish and short sighted.


I don't think so. If they give into KeSPa, then KeSPa will engulf them again, at least that is what they and most people believe. So it sounds more like survival of the new model of ESports in SK. I don't think they are fighting to be top dog, they are fighting to let the open model work and let different leagues thrive.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 09:07:57
August 24 2012 09:07 GMT
#1643
Google translation of forum reaction is VERY entertaining

I do take care bears tv maybe .. Kerala Spa admission fight haejumyeon force his head bowed entering would have wanted ...
But something so? TV also ㅃ stone bear idea.'re Putting precipitation? G f Then we idea.
Probably
Kerala Spa cheap and hard in the head inside the'll worry
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
August 24 2012 09:08 GMT
#1644
I hope Blizzard gets pissed and just blacklists all Kespa-related IPs until Kespa stops being assholes. =)

This situation is so messed up though ._.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
ImNightmare
Profile Joined May 2012
1575 Posts
August 24 2012 09:09 GMT
#1645
On August 24 2012 18:07 ragz_gt wrote:
Google translation of forum reaction is VERY entertaining

Show nested quote +
I do take care bears tv maybe .. Kerala Spa admission fight haejumyeon force his head bowed entering would have wanted ...
But something so? TV also ㅃ stone bear idea.'re Putting precipitation? G f Then we idea.
Probably
Kerala Spa cheap and hard in the head inside the'll worry

I am guessing it means Gom tv was fucked hard so ESF players, wanting to be loyal to kespa, fuck back Kespa.
Kespa is dumb and stupid but they will worry over this. Just a guess
LtOin
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Belgium19 Posts
August 24 2012 09:09 GMT
#1646
On August 24 2012 18:07 FabledIntegral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:55 norjoncal wrote:
I am confused so when paid players parent organzation KESPA says no to a leauge.It is pure evil.
But when unpaid (except LG_IM ) players organization ESPF pulls thier guys out of already determined toruney.It is the greatest thing ever.

People always mention how KESPA B teamers must feel well asleast they get paid. I am sure MKP is super excited about this.


Kespa Bteamers don't usually get paid.


B-teamers do get paid, but it really isn't much more than an allowance, especially for the hours they put in.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
August 24 2012 09:11 GMT
#1647
On August 24 2012 18:09 LtOin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 18:07 FabledIntegral wrote:
On August 24 2012 17:55 norjoncal wrote:
I am confused so when paid players parent organzation KESPA says no to a leauge.It is pure evil.
But when unpaid (except LG_IM ) players organization ESPF pulls thier guys out of already determined toruney.It is the greatest thing ever.

People always mention how KESPA B teamers must feel well asleast they get paid. I am sure MKP is super excited about this.


Kespa Bteamers don't usually get paid.


B-teamers do get paid, but it really isn't much more than an allowance, especially for the hours they put in.


Can I have a source? From what I was aware they were given free rent, and that was it. Some may get a food subsidy, or have food provided, but neither or those qualify as a salary.
OnFiRe888
Profile Joined October 2010
United States629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 09:12:11
August 24 2012 09:11 GMT
#1648
On August 24 2012 18:09 LtOin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 18:07 FabledIntegral wrote:
On August 24 2012 17:55 norjoncal wrote:
I am confused so when paid players parent organzation KESPA says no to a leauge.It is pure evil.
But when unpaid (except LG_IM ) players organization ESPF pulls thier guys out of already determined toruney.It is the greatest thing ever.

People always mention how KESPA B teamers must feel well asleast they get paid. I am sure MKP is super excited about this.


Kespa Bteamers don't usually get paid.


B-teamers do get paid, but it really isn't much more than an allowance, especially for the hours they put in.

Yeah, I mean they do a great job making sure those dishes are clean. XD jkjk
"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take, but by skill in Starcraft"
ImNightmare
Profile Joined May 2012
1575 Posts
August 24 2012 09:12 GMT
#1649
Good lord, I just realise that with nestea and DRG out, osl would be a T v P fest. Wtf, not even one zerg left.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 24 2012 09:12 GMT
#1650
On August 24 2012 18:11 FabledIntegral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 18:09 LtOin wrote:
On August 24 2012 18:07 FabledIntegral wrote:
On August 24 2012 17:55 norjoncal wrote:
I am confused so when paid players parent organzation KESPA says no to a leauge.It is pure evil.
But when unpaid (except LG_IM ) players organization ESPF pulls thier guys out of already determined toruney.It is the greatest thing ever.

People always mention how KESPA B teamers must feel well asleast they get paid. I am sure MKP is super excited about this.


Kespa Bteamers don't usually get paid.


B-teamers do get paid, but it really isn't much more than an allowance, especially for the hours they put in.


Can I have a source? From what I was aware they were given free rent, and that was it. Some may get a food subsidy, or have food provided, but neither or those qualify as a salary.


I thought I read something that B teamers get about 15k a year in salary. I swear to god I read that in an article or something somewhere on teamliquid a year or so ago. I could be wrong but I can vouche I read something like that.
When I think of something else, something will go here
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
August 24 2012 09:13 GMT
#1651
It seems eSF team, coach, players are on the same page, while KeSPA not so much. If we can see some improvement from how KeSPA control their players (which is different from how they pay their players), then I guess some good can come out of it. Not getting my hopes up though.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
.Sic.
Profile Joined February 2011
Korea (South)497 Posts
August 24 2012 09:14 GMT
#1652
is this Korean War #2? kespa (north) vs ESF (south)
Clan MvP Member | http://sc2ranks.com/kr/3273340/SicMvP
KiNGxXx
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
7928 Posts
August 24 2012 09:14 GMT
#1653
On August 24 2012 18:12 ImNightmare wrote:
Good lord, I just realise that with nestea and DRG out, osl would be a T v P fest. Wtf, not even one zerg left.

That's your problem? LOL Without the GSL players this OSL is a farce.
MKP|Maru|TaeJa|Mvp|Polt|INnoVation|GuMiho|Bomber|GoOdy|TeamTerran
ImNightmare
Profile Joined May 2012
1575 Posts
August 24 2012 09:16 GMT
#1654
On August 24 2012 18:14 KiNGxXx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 18:12 ImNightmare wrote:
Good lord, I just realise that with nestea and DRG out, osl would be a T v P fest. Wtf, not even one zerg left.

That's your problem? LOL Without the GSL players this OSL is a farce.

But I am a zerg.
JyB
Profile Joined January 2012
France466 Posts
August 24 2012 09:16 GMT
#1655
On August 24 2012 17:40 MCXD wrote:
Also I think KeSPA's statement and the Federation's announcement to boycott the OSL is worthy of its own news/thread. If it's true, that's kinda too huge news to just have sitting on Page 78 of this topic.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=362938
norjoncal
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
89 Posts
August 24 2012 09:17 GMT
#1656
On August 24 2012 17:58 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:55 norjoncal wrote:
I am confused so when paid players parent organzation KESPA says no to a leauge.It is pure evil.
But when unpaid (except LG_IM ) players organization ESPF pulls thier guys out of already determined toruney.It is the greatest thing ever.

People always mention how KESPA B teamers must feel well asleast they get paid. I am sure MKP is super excited about this.


This shouldn't be confusing.

They are retaliating because this is what kespa did in bw to gom. They did not let their players play in GSL and it ended up KILLING gom for bw. As far as I know they disappeared from the bw scene after that.

They do NOT want a repeat of that. Can you blame them? I don't I actually support their decision. Kespa players themselves are even confused to why they cant play in gom. I hope this forces kespa to let their players make the decision. Because right now OSL is not going to happen or have to be restarted.



Ok but KESPA players signed contracts right?It is like the NFL letting its players play in the Arena Football League while the NFL is still having its playoffs. I like GOM but I like the OSL formate better. They have 2 big tournments a year and it makes them a bigger deal to win. Another football reference GOM is like having 16 Superbowls in 2 and half years.

I feel ESPF are being the bigger dicks here. GOM asked KESPA do you want to come to our wedding.KESPA says no.
Then GOM act like a crazy person and leaves OSL at the altar. Personally I think that is a more dick move.

Can someone clear this up for me. GOMTV is not on brodcast Korean TV right? If so does this make OGN more likely to want to work with ESPF. Being on brodcast TV is how the KESPA teams get the big sponsorships.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
August 24 2012 09:18 GMT
#1657
On August 24 2012 18:12 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 18:11 FabledIntegral wrote:
On August 24 2012 18:09 LtOin wrote:
On August 24 2012 18:07 FabledIntegral wrote:
On August 24 2012 17:55 norjoncal wrote:
I am confused so when paid players parent organzation KESPA says no to a leauge.It is pure evil.
But when unpaid (except LG_IM ) players organization ESPF pulls thier guys out of already determined toruney.It is the greatest thing ever.

People always mention how KESPA B teamers must feel well asleast they get paid. I am sure MKP is super excited about this.


Kespa Bteamers don't usually get paid.


B-teamers do get paid, but it really isn't much more than an allowance, especially for the hours they put in.


Can I have a source? From what I was aware they were given free rent, and that was it. Some may get a food subsidy, or have food provided, but neither or those qualify as a salary.


I thought I read something that B teamers get about 15k a year in salary. I swear to god I read that in an article or something somewhere on teamliquid a year or so ago. I could be wrong but I can vouche I read something like that.


lol wat. There's no way. That's like a low A-teamers salary. A lot of high B-teamers/low A-teamers were making around $10,000, from what I'm aware. It must vary from team to team depending on sponsorship, I presume, but the way people fling around salaries is ridiculous. I am near positive almost all the B-teamers were not paid, or if they were, besides free rent and a possible food subsidy, it might have been something like < $2,000.
Ciubhran
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden98 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 09:22:16
August 24 2012 09:19 GMT
#1658
All "foreign" organizations need to side with GSL on this.
For the greater good of future e-Sports.

We, as foreigners, need to make sure e-Sports goes global.

Should boycott all streamed KeSPA events, even if we want to see them.

Otherwise we just submit to KeSPA's attempts to rule everything.

The KeSPA players knows that their biggest fanbase is now outside of Korea, because of the growth of Starcraft 2.

They won't stay with KeSPA for long if we, the fans and viewers, abandon KeSPA.

We need our grass to stay the "greenest".
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 24 2012 09:19 GMT
#1659
On August 24 2012 18:17 norjoncal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:58 blade55555 wrote:
On August 24 2012 17:55 norjoncal wrote:
I am confused so when paid players parent organzation KESPA says no to a leauge.It is pure evil.
But when unpaid (except LG_IM ) players organization ESPF pulls thier guys out of already determined toruney.It is the greatest thing ever.

People always mention how KESPA B teamers must feel well asleast they get paid. I am sure MKP is super excited about this.


This shouldn't be confusing.

They are retaliating because this is what kespa did in bw to gom. They did not let their players play in GSL and it ended up KILLING gom for bw. As far as I know they disappeared from the bw scene after that.

They do NOT want a repeat of that. Can you blame them? I don't I actually support their decision. Kespa players themselves are even confused to why they cant play in gom. I hope this forces kespa to let their players make the decision. Because right now OSL is not going to happen or have to be restarted.



Ok but KESPA players signed contracts right?It is like the NFL letting its players play in the Arena Football League while the NFL is still having its playoffs. I like GOM but I like the OSL formate better. They have 2 big tournments a year and it makes them a bigger deal to win. Another football reference GOM is like having 16 Superbowls in 2 and half years.

I feel ESPF are being the bigger dicks here. GOM asked KESPA do you want to come to our wedding.KESPA says no.
Then GOM act like a crazy person and leaves OSL at the altar. Personally I think that is a more dick move.

Can someone clear this up for me. GOMTV is not on brodcast Korean TV right? If so does this make OGN more likely to want to work with ESPF. Being on brodcast TV is how the KESPA teams get the big sponsorships.


Contracts have nothing to do with it. This isn't even GOM's decision fyi, this is the players decision. GOM didn't tell them to boycott they did it themselves and it's smart. They don't want GOM to die off like in GOM classic in bw because kespa didn't want their teams to play in it so they couldn't.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
August 24 2012 09:22 GMT
#1660
On August 24 2012 18:17 norjoncal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 17:58 blade55555 wrote:
On August 24 2012 17:55 norjoncal wrote:
I am confused so when paid players parent organzation KESPA says no to a leauge.It is pure evil.
But when unpaid (except LG_IM ) players organization ESPF pulls thier guys out of already determined toruney.It is the greatest thing ever.

People always mention how KESPA B teamers must feel well asleast they get paid. I am sure MKP is super excited about this.


This shouldn't be confusing.

They are retaliating because this is what kespa did in bw to gom. They did not let their players play in GSL and it ended up KILLING gom for bw. As far as I know they disappeared from the bw scene after that.

They do NOT want a repeat of that. Can you blame them? I don't I actually support their decision. Kespa players themselves are even confused to why they cant play in gom. I hope this forces kespa to let their players make the decision. Because right now OSL is not going to happen or have to be restarted.



Ok but KESPA players signed contracts right?It is like the NFL letting its players play in the Arena Football League while the NFL is still having its playoffs. I like GOM but I like the OSL formate better. They have 2 big tournments a year and it makes them a bigger deal to win. Another football reference GOM is like having 16 Superbowls in 2 and half years.

I feel ESPF are being the bigger dicks here. GOM asked KESPA do you want to come to our wedding.KESPA says no.
Then GOM act like a crazy person and leaves OSL at the altar. Personally I think that is a more dick move.

Can someone clear this up for me. GOMTV is not on brodcast Korean TV right? If so does this make OGN more likely to want to work with ESPF. Being on brodcast TV is how the KESPA teams get the big sponsorships.


KESPA are trying to brute-force GOM out the SC2 industry. How can you call them the better man?
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 94 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
SpeCial 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 14
910 10
MaD[AoV]8
League of Legends
JimRising 302
Counter-Strike
fl0m4830
Fnx 583
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox276
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4723
Liquid`Hasu623
Other Games
summit1g5023
Liquid`RaSZi1568
FrodaN622
C9.Mang0199
PPMD127
RotterdaM111
JuggernautJason33
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21440
Other Games
• Shiphtur889
• imaqtpie701
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 31m
Patches Events
18h 31m
The PondCast
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.