• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7921 users

OnGameNet StarLeague to be a SC2 league - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
848 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 43 Next All
RIP BW =( no bickering please!
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
June 06 2012 01:21 GMT
#141
RIP BroodWar but I'm happy GSL players are allowed to compete
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 01:22:08
June 06 2012 01:21 GMT
#142
I'm just going to say for BW fans that although the big tournaments will be ending, it's not the complete end, and I do believe there will still be a pro-scene to follow. I doubt the skill level will be as high as before in terms of games, but there will most likely be some pros who flat-out refuse to switch and will continue to play BW. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a number of online cups to spring up also for instance.

Anyways, chin ups, peeps. I'm excited to see this new season (esp. with the better production value).
HunterX11
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
June 06 2012 01:21 GMT
#143
It's confirmed: more lifetime OSL wins for Stork than for Bisu.
Try using both Irradiate and Defensive Matrix on an Overlord. It looks pretty neat.
powerfulcheeses
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada101 Posts
June 06 2012 01:22 GMT
#144
RIP to one of the greatest BW leagues. May it rise like a better-looking pheonix from the ahes
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
June 06 2012 01:23 GMT
#145
I just threw up in my mouth.
-
ChaoticLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada13 Posts
June 06 2012 01:23 GMT
#146
I don't have much else to add, I kind of wish that SC2 and BW could continue to exist side-by-side.

That being said I think that SC2 will be a disaster once it is fully adopted because Blizzard refuses to add LAN. Who cares about the reconnect from replay feature when you have a live televised event and some aspect of a player's connection to the internet fails.

GG BW
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
June 06 2012 01:24 GMT
#147
While sad, I am glad it isn't a 2 game league. They will let this OSL stand as the last true great BW tournament, and for that we can be thankful.

If its going to transition, at the very least let it be a true transition.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
June 06 2012 01:24 GMT
#148
but I guess people know this is coming.
OSL is just epic.
I am quite sure it will be one of the best SC2 tourney out there after a few editions.
Terran
hls.fetcH
Profile Joined January 2012
7 Posts
June 06 2012 01:25 GMT
#149
FINALLY! Awesome news
jakoh
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada237 Posts
June 06 2012 01:25 GMT
#150
Chances of current BW pros making out of prelims are slim if they are going to be competing against code S players T_T.
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
June 06 2012 01:25 GMT
#151
On June 06 2012 10:23 ChaoticLlama wrote:
I don't have much else to add, I kind of wish that SC2 and BW could continue to exist side-by-side.

That being said I think that SC2 will be a disaster once it is fully adopted because Blizzard refuses to add LAN. Who cares about the reconnect from replay feature when you have a live televised event and some aspect of a player's connection to the internet fails.

GG BW


I can count on one hand the number of disconnects in a GSL game.

There's plenty of internet issues in the west with crappy internet, people who don't know what they're doing and sub par blizzard support but in Korea the LAN problem has barely been an issue.
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
June 06 2012 01:25 GMT
#152
True, a good thing is they are not doing a hybrid league.
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
June 06 2012 01:27 GMT
#153
Yay. Time to watch GSL pros invade and crush BW pros. Was getting tired of watching all PvPs in Proleague.
Marines > everything
Artexa
Profile Joined May 2012
1 Post
June 06 2012 01:28 GMT
#154
Bound to happen sooner or later.
You fool of a took!
Ghostface_Killa
Profile Joined March 2011
United States168 Posts
June 06 2012 01:29 GMT
#155
I'm all about SC2 ... but ... this makes me sad.

Arrested for what, baby? Being awesome?
Chux
Profile Joined June 2009
Peru255 Posts
June 06 2012 01:30 GMT
#156
Can't believe this.
I hate bw has to die this way. I wish it died old and in a natural way.. not like this.. almost forced...
Dang i'm really sad.
MSL 2052-2053, here we go!
Jumbled
Profile Joined September 2010
1543 Posts
June 06 2012 01:30 GMT
#157
On June 06 2012 10:21 babylon wrote:
I'm just going to say for BW fans that although the big tournaments will be ending, it's not the complete end, and I do believe there will still be a pro-scene to follow. I doubt the skill level will be as high as before in terms of games, but there will most likely be some pros who flat-out refuse to switch and will continue to play BW. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a number of online cups to spring up also for instance.

Anyways, chin ups, peeps. I'm excited to see this new season (esp. with the better production value).

I agree. Ultimately it's up to the fans whether a game dies or not. If you keep playing and keep watching competitions when they're on, or organising your own, it can never truly die.
Whiztard
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States241 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 01:33:45
June 06 2012 01:31 GMT
#158
On June 06 2012 10:09 NicksonReyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 10:01 Freezd wrote:
I didn't play bw but it must suck for the bw hardcore fans :\

Yes it does, but I guess it's inevitable. All I would want to see before I leave this community is Flash winning the Diamond Mouse. He has a pretty long ass time before he needs to go to ace I think.


well, since its technically still OSL, I assume that the gold/plat/diamond mouse policy carries over (along with the OSL title victory counts too, I hope)?

EDIT: *technical detail reasons
when Bisu switches to SC2...... (2014 update: sighh)
grungust
Profile Joined September 2010
United States325 Posts
June 06 2012 01:31 GMT
#159
Insane. RIP Broodwar. Exciting times ahead for the SC2 community.
Flash 하나님
INTOtheVOID
Profile Joined January 2012
United States225 Posts
June 06 2012 01:31 GMT
#160
Pink Floyd's music is like a beautiful girl walking down the street who won't talk to you.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 197
ProTech149
FoxeR 55
Nina 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2812
Shuttle 1278
Dewaltoss 80
Noble 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
Counter-Strike
taco 367
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox657
Other Games
summit1g7868
WinterStarcraft464
C9.Mang0299
ViBE125
Sick31
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 28
• StrangeGG 22
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo772
• Stunt271
Other Games
• Shiphtur403
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 56m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.