• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:55
CEST 14:55
KST 21:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War35.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202619Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11018 users

OnGameNet StarLeague to be a SC2 league - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
848 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 43 Next All
RIP BW =( no bickering please!
MetalPanda
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada1152 Posts
June 06 2012 01:04 GMT
#101
oh daaamn :/ so sudden! and it's in the middle of SPL season, so quality of games in BW will just drop down so much.
Biggest blow to Korea's BW scene yet, but hopefully foreign competitions and amateur BW in korea will still exist..
Kommander
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines4950 Posts
June 06 2012 01:04 GMT
#102
Hmm, they're pitting the BW pros against the SC2 pros already? They better improve their play really soon. With that said....

LONG LIVE BW! You will be missed!
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
June 06 2012 01:04 GMT
#103
I feel sad for all the BW fans, really sad, just as I did when Pro League switched. I do feel excited for SC2, but I imagine you must hate this.

I'm sorry.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
June 06 2012 01:05 GMT
#104
oh shiiiittt.

can not wait.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
June 06 2012 01:05 GMT
#105
Bummer
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
ZidaneTribal
Profile Joined September 2007
United States2800 Posts
June 06 2012 01:05 GMT
#106
good and bad news
fuck lag
jubil
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2602 Posts
June 06 2012 01:05 GMT
#107
Very sad for Broodwar, a legendary game. Hopefully SC2 can, in time, come to rival its glory.
Marineking-Polt-Maru-Fantasy-Solar-Xenocider-Suppy fighting!
slyderturtle
Profile Joined August 2010
United States267 Posts
June 06 2012 01:05 GMT
#108
T__________T
bye broodwar, I'll miss you.
Even though I love sc2, this is terrible news...
UnKooL
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1667 Posts
June 06 2012 01:06 GMT
#109
Wow great news! Can't wait to see a foreigner be televised in an OSL match!
LoL: UnKooL and SoloQFiendUnKooL, SC2: UnKooL
CaptainTwig
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom532 Posts
June 06 2012 01:06 GMT
#110
I would love to hear the Koreans reaction to this news.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
June 06 2012 01:07 GMT
#111
On June 06 2012 10:02 Archile wrote:
ok guys, I understand you're all bummed about brood war

but look on the bright side, all the production value you know and love will be transplanted into a sc2 league that allows for strong competiton, unlike proleague right now. More qualifiers means more opprotunities to see your favorite players!

I'm intrigued. It would be pretty awesome to see current SC2 players in an OSL intro, especially foreign players.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
nbaker
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1341 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 01:08:41
June 06 2012 01:07 GMT
#112
Enjoy, SC2.
OGN, thanks for the good times

Edit:
On June 06 2012 10:02 Archile wrote:
ok guys, I understand you're all bummed about brood war

but look on the bright side, all the production value you know and love will be transplanted into a sc2 league that allows for strong competiton, unlike proleague right now. More qualifiers means more opprotunities to see your favorite players!

This is not what we care about...
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
June 06 2012 01:07 GMT
#113
Smart Kespa.

First you let the Foreigners/GSL pros in, grab them up and gain attention, then you put everyone on contracts and lock exclusivity!

Hopefully that's not the case. Anyways, at the very least, it's nice to see that we'll get some SC2 vs. BW players mixing. I don't know which of the BW pros will be ready for it, but hopefully some will be by then.
Incanus
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada695 Posts
June 06 2012 01:07 GMT
#114
Good to hear.
Flash: "Why am I so good?" *sob sob*
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
June 06 2012 01:07 GMT
#115
On June 06 2012 10:04 Testuser wrote:
I feel sad for all the BW fans, really sad, just as I did when Pro League switched. I do feel excited for SC2, but I imagine you must hate this.

I'm sorry.


I will watch all remaining OSL matches in honor of our e-sports brethren...

I can't imagine what this feels like, though I know one day it will happen to SC2 as well.

Your game will always go down as the founding father of RTS e-sports.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
DOMINOSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada345 Posts
June 06 2012 01:07 GMT
#116
guess this is my last season on TL sad times.
Sen Fighting!!! / JulyZerg Fighting!!! / Ret Fighting!!! / Reach Fighting!!! / well intentioned people of average intelligence
Dismay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1180 Posts
June 06 2012 01:08 GMT
#117
I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
carloselcoco
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2302 Posts
June 06 2012 01:08 GMT
#118
original SC2 player refers to anyone who is not affiliated with KeSPA and plays SC2
I should try out this one just to be crushed by Flash himself! <3
http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/296431601 <------Suscribe! Casts in Spanish :) |||| http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/300285215<----- CSL: Before Sunday! Episode 3!
Vasily17
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada55 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 01:09:21
June 06 2012 01:09 GMT
#119
RIP Broodwar thanks for bringing us joy and memorable moments.
Esports Canada.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
June 06 2012 01:09 GMT
#120
OGN's director mentioned that they would give BW OSL a proper send-off if they ever switched to SC2 fully, I hope they make good on it.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 347
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32017
Calm 6834
Rain 1790
Bisu 1716
Jaedong 711
FanTaSy 631
Horang2 551
BeSt 384
Rush 312
Stork 302
[ Show more ]
Soma 254
Zeus 174
Larva 158
Light 151
Free 121
Snow 116
ZerO 113
Barracks 96
Mind 88
910 87
Mong 68
Killer 60
Pusan 60
Sea.KH 56
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 35
NaDa 28
Shinee 28
Sexy 23
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 19
sorry 16
Terrorterran 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 7
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7158
Counter-Strike
fl0m3050
olofmeister886
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King87
Other Games
gofns33169
singsing2113
B2W.Neo727
Lowko292
crisheroes289
hiko241
RotterdaM58
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3176
• Jankos2486
• TFBlade246
Other Games
• WagamamaTV186
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 5m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 5m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.