• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:46
CEST 07:46
KST 14:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13163 users

OnGameNet StarLeague to be a SC2 league - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
848 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42 43 Next All
RIP BW =( no bickering please!
slicknav
Profile Joined January 2011
1409 Posts
June 06 2012 00:51 GMT
#81
On June 06 2012 09:47 fabiano wrote:
That's fucking retarded, but we all knew that stupid crap was coming anyway.

Maybe in 10 years SC2 will be half as good as BW was and watching a game of it won't be boring as fuck.

Also, of course:

Congratulations SC2 fans! Yet another SC2 tournament to follow. How many are there already? Dreamhack, MLG, IPL, IEM, fake SPL and fake OSL, that's at least 6 major tournaments. (edit: to clarify, this is not sarcasm)

I'm fucking mad about this stupid shit, but I sincerely hope that SC2 can become something much better than it is today. Hope that in 3 years I will look back and say that I was overreacting and that SC2 wasn't the shit I thought it was.


If you don't like watching SC2, then don't watch it.
blah blah blah...
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 00:51:24
June 06 2012 00:51 GMT
#82
Yeah, this news came during the OSL tiebreaks - in a very unspectacular manner, I must say. ;_; Expected more from OGN, at least an epic history video 30 minutes long or something. Hopefully we get this by the end of the season.
On June 06 2012 09:37 Keone wrote:
FML. I'm not hating on SC2, but BW was the reason I was always on TL, through multiple accounts and several years. Looks like it all ends soon. T_T
BW is not dead though, just not led by Kespa and OGN anymore.
There will still be BW events with prize money and there will still be Koreans playing BW. It won't be at quite the same level of skill, but it's still damn exciting game to watch, and the recent Sziky-Pusan showmatch demonstrated the top foreign scene is almost at semi-pro level at least (could most likely go through decently deep in a courage tournament). It's bad news for BW, but not the end of BW completely.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Ksquared
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1748 Posts
June 06 2012 00:53 GMT
#83
I wonder if past OSL wins will still count for people to win the golden mouse.
eSports for life.
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
June 06 2012 00:56 GMT
#84
Allright now ZerO has to win one. Just one!
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
June 06 2012 00:57 GMT
#85
Even as a pure sc2 player this is really sad news BW and it's players always held a special mystique to me.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
AxelTVx
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada916 Posts
June 06 2012 00:58 GMT
#86
Rest in Peace.... Rest in Peace...
Axel 145 Masters Protoss
Awesomeness
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany1361 Posts
June 06 2012 00:58 GMT
#87
So are the top-players from this osl qualified for this one?

I guess this will be the first time we will see kespa against gsl-players.
xlord 5:0
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
June 06 2012 01:00 GMT
#88
They better start off with a clean slate, and not let Golden Mouses and stuff carry over.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
andaylin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States10830 Posts
June 06 2012 01:00 GMT
#89
Holy shit..
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
densha
Profile Joined December 2010
United States797 Posts
June 06 2012 01:00 GMT
#90
Great news for SC2 fans such as myself!

I think the decision to be open to ALL players is a great idea. Watching the low level of play in the SPL is interesting only because we get to see the metagame evolve again (games end after one battle, huge mistakes that end games, everyone things Zerg is UP, etc). While the announcers do their best, I think it's obvious the games haven't been that exciting (especially compared to the new GSTL season). The current GSL players will probably knock out most Kespa players early on, so the later stages of the tournament will be great.

Also, this makes it just that much more unfair that Kespa pros have to practice two games at once for so long even as BW is fading into history.

Anyway, I hope this last BW OSL is great and that they have some amazing ceremony during the finals.
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Freezd
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States139 Posts
June 06 2012 01:01 GMT
#91
I didn't play bw but it must suck for the bw hardcore fans :\
"I can't help it if I seem homophobic when the only gay people I know have pink highlights, wear hundreds of colorful bracelets and live at the local arcade playing DDR." - Youngminii
white_horse
Profile Joined July 2010
1019 Posts
June 06 2012 01:02 GMT
#92
The SC2 fans are dancing in glee

I want to see players like flash or stork crush SC2 players like eggshells; thats the only enjoyment I will get out of SC2
Translator
Archile
Profile Joined June 2011
United States403 Posts
June 06 2012 01:02 GMT
#93
ok guys, I understand you're all bummed about brood war

but look on the bright side, all the production value you know and love will be transplanted into a sc2 league that allows for strong competiton, unlike proleague right now. More qualifiers means more opprotunities to see your favorite players!
Just a bad player trying to be a little less bad
arfyron
Profile Joined July 2011
518 Posts
June 06 2012 01:03 GMT
#94
RIP
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
June 06 2012 01:03 GMT
#95
We need a salute emoticon, because that's the only suitable thing I can think of. Farewell BW OSL. I'll never forget all the incredible games you showed me.
b8ed
Profile Joined May 2012
18 Posts
June 06 2012 01:03 GMT
#96
This it the SC2 section, go to BW section if you want to moan and cry.

I'm pretty hyped for this, will be interesting to see who tries to qualify.
Mzimzim
Profile Joined June 2011
United States221 Posts
June 06 2012 01:03 GMT
#97
RIP BW. I was oblivious to the BW scene, but I can appreciate any game with this amount of history.
vgrezende
Profile Joined May 2012
Brazil66 Posts
June 06 2012 01:03 GMT
#98
What a way to shit over OSL name. They don't have the decency to change the name. At least MBC and MSL were close with a little dignity.

Well, in years to come a new BW league will rise again, mark my words.
Born to fast expand
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
June 06 2012 01:04 GMT
#99
rip bw, welcome sc2 to korea
Flayer.
Profile Joined May 2012
Turkey31 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 01:10:52
June 06 2012 01:04 GMT
#100
This was announced on OSL Tiebreakers, TL is late this time

Also why R.I.P.?
Does a game die because it has no pro-scene?
Do you play games that only have pro-scene?

I personally don't. I will keep playing Brood War and SC2 while I am enjoying SC2 OSL, PL; it's not R.I.P. for me.

When I loved Brood War, there wasn't any Korean scene or any scene in the world, it was year 1999. I didn't love Brood War because of it's pro-scenes...
I sense a soul in search of answers
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings122
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 175
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 417
hero 350
BeSt 251
sorry 60
Mind 33
Terrorterran 26
Bale 22
ZergMaN 13
Noble 9
yabsab 9
[ Show more ]
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1087
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 391
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King148
Other Games
summit1g9353
Maynarde200
ArmadaUGS31
Livibee15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick486
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH341
• practicex 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2214
League of Legends
• Rush1303
• Stunt391
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 14m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.