• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:11
CEST 23:11
KST 06:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8471 users

Helping Future Generations Love Starcraft 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
ShadowQueen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 04:19:57
April 28 2012 14:20 GMT
#1
I don't know about you, but I love encouraging kids to celebrate Starcraft 2 especially eSports.

I am a teacher of one-and-a-half to two year olds and I celebrate Starcraft 2 particularly by cheering "GG, Good Game" almost every day. The 11 kids I teach love cheering and will randomly yell "GG" throughout the day.

View a cute video of me and a couple of my students!



My husband and I also bought his 2 cousins in middle school Starcraft 2 because they showed interest during our video game annual get together. We now play with them almost daily in 3v3. We have them hooked on the Day[9] Daily as well.

As for me and my husband, we watch GSL, GSTL, and MLG as our daily dinner entertainment.

My question to you:
What you are doing to encourage future Starcraft 2 gamers and spectators?
What really matters is how this game and this community and how people around us have impacted us and shared our passions and let us know that it is worth-while going 100% in anything you believe in no matter what other people say. -TEDx Starcraft Event
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
April 28 2012 14:25 GMT
#2
It's cool how you get them to say GG and it might be cool if you made them do ceremonies when they win at something or do something awesome. But let's get things straight, I'll help kids love the better game brood war

User was warned for this post
ShadowQueen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
April 28 2012 14:33 GMT
#3
Awesome idea! We do a lot of dancing already. Monday will totally have to be the MarineKing Kong Dance!


What really matters is how this game and this community and how people around us have impacted us and shared our passions and let us know that it is worth-while going 100% in anything you believe in no matter what other people say. -TEDx Starcraft Event
willkillson
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States123 Posts
April 28 2012 15:01 GMT
#4
On April 28 2012 23:25 sc4k wrote:
It's cool how you get them to say GG and it might be cool if you made them do ceremonies when they win at something or do something awesome. But let's get things straight, I'll help kids love the better game brood war


You do know sc2 is a newer starcraft right?
poop
LilClinkin
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Australia667 Posts
April 28 2012 15:03 GMT
#5
On April 29 2012 00:01 willkillson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2012 23:25 sc4k wrote:
It's cool how you get them to say GG and it might be cool if you made them do ceremonies when they win at something or do something awesome. But let's get things straight, I'll help kids love the better game brood war


You do know sc2 is a newer starcraft right?


You do know BW is the better game, right?
Indifferent_century
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
32 Posts
April 28 2012 15:07 GMT
#6
On April 29 2012 00:03 LilClinkin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 00:01 willkillson wrote:
On April 28 2012 23:25 sc4k wrote:
It's cool how you get them to say GG and it might be cool if you made them do ceremonies when they win at something or do something awesome. But let's get things straight, I'll help kids love the better game brood war


You do know sc2 is a newer starcraft right?


You do know BW is the better game, right?


You know that's subjective right?
mahO
Profile Joined April 2011
France274 Posts
April 28 2012 15:11 GMT
#7
lol, the question in the end sounds like an accusation but, I actually do nothing to help kids love Starcraft 2, since i'm 22 single and I am the youngest by faaaar in all my family (I got around 20 cousins, the closest to me in age is 27, some of them could be my parents ahah). I'm just never in contact with kids or even teenagers, but that would be a great idea, I mean, myself as a teenager, would have loved, if someone introduced me to Starcraft 2 instead of Counter-Strike etc. I find the community to be mature, nice, you can learn a lot from playing Starcraft 2, I think it is way better for kids than Call of Duty and games like that.
Plus it must be awesome having kids randomly yelling GG
DarthXX
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia998 Posts
April 28 2012 15:15 GMT
#8
On April 28 2012 23:25 sc4k wrote:
It's cool how you get them to say GG and it might be cool if you made them do ceremonies when they win at something or do something awesome. But let's get things straight, I'll help kids love the better game brood war

Agreed, first game my kids are going to play is BW, and I'm also going to make them love the Lion King :D
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
April 28 2012 15:19 GMT
#9
im just gonna lock my kids in there room for 15 hours with water and SC 2 and whoever gets Grand masters first gets to go pro the other.....college lol
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
April 28 2012 15:30 GMT
#10
On April 29 2012 00:07 Indifferent_century wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 00:03 LilClinkin wrote:
On April 29 2012 00:01 willkillson wrote:
On April 28 2012 23:25 sc4k wrote:
It's cool how you get them to say GG and it might be cool if you made them do ceremonies when they win at something or do something awesome. But let's get things straight, I'll help kids love the better game brood war


You do know sc2 is a newer starcraft right?


You do know BW is the better game, right?


You know that's subjective right?


Wow I can see this topic getting completely ruined already by BW vs SC2 flamewars... Please don't
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
ShadowQueen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
April 28 2012 15:55 GMT
#11
On April 29 2012 00:11 mahO wrote:
lol, the question in the end sounds like an accusation but, I actually do nothing to help kids love Starcraft 2, since i'm 22 single and I am the youngest by faaaar in all my family (I got around 20 cousins, the closest to me in age is 27, some of them could be my parents ahah). I'm just never in contact with kids or even teenagers, but that would be a great idea, I mean, myself as a teenager, would have loved, if someone introduced me to Starcraft 2 instead of Counter-Strike etc. I find the community to be mature, nice, you can learn a lot from playing Starcraft 2, I think it is way better for kids than Call of Duty and games like that.
Plus it must be awesome having kids randomly yelling GG

I 'm just interested in neat ideas. Gotta spread the love.
What really matters is how this game and this community and how people around us have impacted us and shared our passions and let us know that it is worth-while going 100% in anything you believe in no matter what other people say. -TEDx Starcraft Event
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
April 28 2012 16:06 GMT
#12
Please don't start BW vs SC2 crap. Thanks.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
SunTurtle
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
156 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-28 16:18:42
April 28 2012 16:18 GMT
#13
I am part of the younger generation. It's working.
radscorpion9
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada2252 Posts
April 28 2012 20:22 GMT
#14
The only thing I'm in favour of is finding out what my kids or other children like and supporting that, not pushing my personal agenda or interests on them.

If there's something I want to share with them that I think they might like, I might show them once or twice, and then see whether they like it or not. But your idea of yelling SC2 lingo every day as a way to influence your children to do or like something you enjoy seems unethical to me. Although I guess in the end its not a big deal as the kids probably don't understand why their mom yells out two letters all the time, apart from the fact that its apparently entertaining and weirdly fun.

So in principle your idea is something I take issue with, but in practise its ok .
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
April 28 2012 21:27 GMT
#15
Gonna wait until my kids are the right age, then get them to play every now and then starcraft 2 and Project M. My kids will be mechanically and strategically superior to all!!!
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
dark14cs
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
143 Posts
April 28 2012 21:33 GMT
#16
SC2 is unfortunately the center of the RTS universe. Hopefully that changes in the next 3 years

User was temp banned for this post.
IntoTheWow wrote: i think idra said it best -- the tl admins need to get the sand out of their vaginas
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
April 28 2012 21:39 GMT
#17
You shouldn't teach them to love SC2, you should teach them to love chess, cards, billiards, and other timeless games that they can enjoy long after sc2 is forgotten
No_Roo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States905 Posts
April 28 2012 21:45 GMT
#18
I used to work for the city running after school programs for elementary school childeren back around 2002-2005. After the first year I set up a bunch of ancient computers from parts that were being thrown out and basically ran a class for ~3rd graders teaching them how to play starcraft broodwar. Very rewarding experience, many of those kids are adults now and I certainly hope many of them still play starcraft.

I've posted it before on TL, but here is one of my more prized peices of art work one of my students gifted to me. It was drawn shortly after an hour long lecture/rant I gave the childeren about impropper use of static defense, and how to break players that were employing this tactic (since at their skill level building 500+ photon cannons seemed to be the most effective strategy.)

[image loading]
(US) NoRoo.fighting
Flamingo777
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1190 Posts
April 28 2012 22:20 GMT
#19
I don't think I'm doing anything outward in the promotion of SC2 to kids, but I really think what you are doing for the kids you teach are awesome! Starcraft is a game of strategy, and could have a chance to further promote their educational development.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17846 Posts
April 28 2012 22:21 GMT
#20
I'm going to teach my kids to hate on SC2 and focus on games that are actually good.

User was temp banned for this post.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason140
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 937
ZZZero.O 107
Hyun 41
Bale 21
League of Legends
Doublelift3576
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
Fnx 957
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6279
Other Games
summit1g8460
FrodaN3145
B2W.Neo625
ToD282
KnowMe243
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1499
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• musti20045 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1369
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 49m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 49m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.