• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:41
CEST 05:41
KST 12:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7979 users

Helping Future Generations Love Starcraft 2 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-28 22:25:56
April 28 2012 22:24 GMT
#21
On April 29 2012 00:03 LilClinkin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 00:01 willkillson wrote:
On April 28 2012 23:25 sc4k wrote:
It's cool how you get them to say GG and it might be cool if you made them do ceremonies when they win at something or do something awesome. But let's get things straight, I'll help kids love the better game brood war


You do know sc2 is a newer starcraft right?


You do know BW is the better game, right?


WHAT I DO KNOW

is that I have concerns that discussion will lead us down an all too familiar path.

Edit: Oops sorry Haemonculus
But I am teaching youngsters in my school system BW. It's more readily available, and runs on the old macs we have. They think it's really cute, esp. the commentators of Gom.tv(in Korean).
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 28 2012 22:35 GMT
#22
On April 29 2012 07:21 Manit0u wrote:
I'm going to teach my kids to hate on SC2 and focus on games that are actually good.


Hello Kitty Island adventure?

Interesting fact: I have both games installed on my PC, and it didn't explode. One can enjoy both games you know.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
April 28 2012 22:37 GMT
#23
On April 29 2012 07:35 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 07:21 Manit0u wrote:
I'm going to teach my kids to hate on SC2 and focus on games that are actually good.


Hello Kitty Island adventure?

Interesting fact: I have both games installed on my PC, and it didn't explode. One can enjoy both games you know.


Only if you think of them as completely separate games.
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
Deleuze
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom2102 Posts
April 28 2012 22:40 GMT
#24
Aren't their safe guarding laws against publicizing images of children without parental consent? Is this the kind of thing a responsible teach does?
“An image of thought called philosophy has been formed historically and it effectively stops people from thinking.” ― Gilles Deleuze, Dialogues II
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
April 28 2012 23:51 GMT
#25
Moved to SC2 general.
Moderator
Ichabod
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1659 Posts
April 29 2012 00:03 GMT
#26
I plan on having my kids play on a mid 90s computer for a few years, eventually going through the progression of great video games of the era of my childhood. Ofc SC and other great franchises will be parts of the series. I have fond memories of watching my dad play computer games while I sat on his lap, hopefully I can create such memories for my kids too.

(Maybe it'll foster an appreciation of graphics in them by watching how gaming has evolved.)
(I also want my kids to see the great movies I saw growing up...is it weird to want your kids to experience things I found meaningful?)
UmiNotsuki
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States633 Posts
April 29 2012 00:16 GMT
#27
On April 29 2012 07:21 Manit0u wrote:
I'm going to teach my kids to hate on SC2 and focus on games that are actually good.

User was temp banned for this post.


:[ I miss you already, Manit0u.

I think it's cool to teach kids about games, we need to pass on the torch!!

SC2 is fun. Sure, it's not BW, but it's it's own thing and I like it. Maybe I'm just a newb :[
UmiNotsuki.111 (NA), UNTReborn.932 (EU), UmiNotsuki (iCCup) -- You see that text I wrote above this? I'll betcha $5 that you disagree :D
ShadowQueen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
April 29 2012 03:56 GMT
#28
On April 29 2012 05:22 radscorpion9 wrote:
But your idea of yelling SC2 lingo every day as a way to influence your children to do or like something you enjoy seems unethical to me.

So in principle your idea is something I take issue with, but in practise its ok .


The kids I work with have a limited vocabulary and limited attention span (1-5 minute activities). They are only just turning two so they can't express themselves in many ways yet. I use this cheer because they can imitate it well and practice letter sounds. We also cheer "touchdown," "yea," practice each letter sound repeatedly, we clap, and more. I believe in introducing things to kids to broaden their horizon. If my kids didn't like it they wouldn't do it. In addition, we have 9 hours a day to fill with just the teachers talking and singing. Hearing only "yea" as a cheer every 1-5 minutes gets a little boring and limits their perspective.
What really matters is how this game and this community and how people around us have impacted us and shared our passions and let us know that it is worth-while going 100% in anything you believe in no matter what other people say. -TEDx Starcraft Event
ShadowQueen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
April 29 2012 03:57 GMT
#29
On April 29 2012 06:39 BlackJack wrote:
You shouldn't teach them to love SC2, you should teach them to love chess, cards, billiards, and other timeless games that they can enjoy long after sc2 is forgotten


Why limit them? This is the age of technology and differentiation.
What really matters is how this game and this community and how people around us have impacted us and shared our passions and let us know that it is worth-while going 100% in anything you believe in no matter what other people say. -TEDx Starcraft Event
ShadowQueen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 05:35:32
April 29 2012 03:59 GMT
#30
On April 29 2012 06:45 No_Roo wrote:
I used to work for the city running after school programs for elementary school childeren back around 2002-2005. After the first year I set up a bunch of ancient computers from parts that were being thrown out and basically ran a class for ~3rd graders teaching them how to play starcraft broodwar. Very rewarding experience, many of those kids are adults now and I certainly hope many of them still play starcraft.

I've posted it before on TL, but here is one of my more prized peices of art work one of my students gifted to me. It was drawn shortly after an hour long lecture/rant I gave the childeren about impropper use of static defense, and how to break players that were employing this tactic (since at their skill level building 500+ photon cannons seemed to be the most effective strategy.)



I LOVE IT!!
What a great way to help children learn how to reasses their problems to improve their practices.

On April 29 2012 07:40 Deleuze wrote:
Aren't their safe guarding laws against publicizing images of children without parental consent? Is this the kind of thing a responsible teach does?


I have parental consent.
What really matters is how this game and this community and how people around us have impacted us and shared our passions and let us know that it is worth-while going 100% in anything you believe in no matter what other people say. -TEDx Starcraft Event
ShadowQueen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 05:33:09
April 29 2012 04:02 GMT
#31
What really matters is how this game and this community and how people around us have impacted us and shared our passions and let us know that it is worth-while going 100% in anything you believe in no matter what other people say. -TEDx Starcraft Event
snakeeyez
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1231 Posts
April 29 2012 04:07 GMT
#32
I would show them brood war instead. I personally still think starcraft 2 has some big fundamental problems that will clearly never get fixed, because blizzard is not going to make major changes.

User was temp banned for this post.
ShadowQueen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
April 29 2012 04:10 GMT
#33
My intent in this post is to share the love of gaming and the things we do to promote our passions, not to determine which game is better. As I have only played and watched SC2 out of the Starcraft games and this is not a website for every single other game, practice, idea that I plan on sharing I did not include them. Kids are who will shape the future with their perspectives on the world. I think positively. I hope there are others who do the same.
What really matters is how this game and this community and how people around us have impacted us and shared our passions and let us know that it is worth-while going 100% in anything you believe in no matter what other people say. -TEDx Starcraft Event
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
April 29 2012 04:14 GMT
#34
I cant believe you weirdos are turning this wonderful thing into a BW vs Sc2 debate.

I thought this was really cute :3
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
April 29 2012 04:16 GMT
#35
On April 29 2012 13:14 Bibbit wrote:
I cant believe you weirdos are turning this wonderful thing into a BW vs Sc2 debate.

I thought this was really cute :3

I think it's because it was originally posted in a Brood War (or BW-frequented) forum and was moved into the SC2 one only recently
Plat Support Main #believe
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
April 29 2012 04:18 GMT
#36
On April 29 2012 13:16 Jacmert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 13:14 Bibbit wrote:
I cant believe you weirdos are turning this wonderful thing into a BW vs Sc2 debate.

I thought this was really cute :3

I think it's because it was originally posted in a Brood War (or BW-frequented) forum and was moved into the SC2 one only recently

Ah thanks. I saw the p4ndemik post saying it got moved but I didnt figure it got moved from BW General. >_>

Makes more sense !
IMLyte
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada714 Posts
April 29 2012 04:18 GMT
#37
This is so awesome, i wish my parents taught me about eSports
I'ma show you how great I am ~ Muhammed Ali
ShadowQueen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
April 29 2012 04:21 GMT
#38
I had posted it in the general forum for TL at first.
What really matters is how this game and this community and how people around us have impacted us and shared our passions and let us know that it is worth-while going 100% in anything you believe in no matter what other people say. -TEDx Starcraft Event
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 04:27:38
April 29 2012 04:26 GMT
#39
On April 29 2012 13:21 ShadowQueen wrote:
I had posted it in the general forum for TL at first.

Jeez, thats what I had originally guessed. Suddenly it makes less sense again.

I stand by it being awesome though :D

Edit: Wow I just realized you're the lady responsible for the Mutalisk Valentines as well. So sick ^^
ShadowQueen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States36 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 05:36:42
April 29 2012 04:32 GMT
#40
On April 29 2012 13:26 Bibbit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 13:21 ShadowQueen wrote:
I had posted it in the general forum for TL at first.

Jeez, thats what I had originally guessed. Suddenly it makes less sense again.

I stand by it being awesome though :D

Edit: Wow I just realized you're the lady responsible for the Mutalisk Valentines as well. So sick ^^

Thanks!
I am currently sketching more T-Shirt Designs as well, especially for kids. I will be posting them in a few weeks when I have time to make them screen-print-ready/printer-ready.
What really matters is how this game and this community and how people around us have impacted us and shared our passions and let us know that it is worth-while going 100% in anything you believe in no matter what other people say. -TEDx Starcraft Event
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 256
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 174
Bale 25
Terrorterran 19
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
League of Legends
JimRising 818
Counter-Strike
taco 349
Other Games
summit1g13474
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1278
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo669
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 19m
Replay Cast
19h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.